Pro Wrestling Only

Roadblock: End of the Line

Parties

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sami Zayn/Braun Strowman is one of the worst stories in a long time.

Wait, what? Why?

Braun looked very strong here. He kicked out with AUTHORITY after beating the 10 count, took the Helluva Kick like a champ and it seemed like he wouldn't be down at all. Sami also looked very strong for even surviving Strowman. Everyone wins here.

Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn (10-Minute Time Limit Challenge)

• This was actually quite good. Zayn’s been booked as an after-thought post-Mania, but this simple and effective.
  • On a personal level, I enjoy that Braun’s look is that of a Bushwick hipster on HGH. Fatigues, shaved sides man-bun, bursting out of a low-cut deep V, complete with Foley coming out looking like an appalled Montessori school math teacher who’s disappointed to find the kids still fighting in the alley.
  • They got over Braun’s hubris and Sami’s heart without having to give either an actual loss, in such a way that makes you want to see the rematch. Booking!

Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho

• Jericho concludes a year of horrible performances with yet another bad match against someone who doesn’t need him. He’s got to be in the running for top of whatever you want to call the metric of Push-Relatively-Opposed-to-Greatness (PROG?) All of his old chestnuts: audibly calling spots, limp restholds, failures of agility, and zero heat despite long control segments and preening to the crowd.
  • Very low energy match, but in fairness, both guys are over enough to keep the crowd in it. Still, is this what even big fans of both guys would want out of a Rollins-Jericho match? Late in it they worked the concept of mutual exhaustion, but the whole thing was so slow you wonder if they’ve somehow been selling fatigue since the bell rang?
  • Complete with WWE’s years-long favorite go-to stupid finish.

I liked the New Day tag match. I liked that Rusev didn't lose to Big Cass. I liked that Neville was added into 205 Live/Cruiserweights stuff. I thought Sam Roberts was pretty good on the pre-show. Bayley & JoJo looked great.

Looks like Reigns/Owens is going on last, not Sasha/Charlotte.

Rich Swann [c] vs. T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick (Cruiserweight Title)

• It’s as if Aries is accidentally allowed to be the new best announcer in the company, though that can be said of whoever’s newest to the gig and not yet crushed to silt. His Jesse Ventura imitation is pretty good.
  • Kendrick’s goatee and belted tights make him look as old as he is.
  • What was the story being told here? That Perkins is an idiot for not knowing that there are no disqualifications in Triple Threat matches? Is that even a well-established thing in WWE? I really liked him in EVOLVE, but dude is made to look like a real scrub out there.
  • Weird, dull outing illustrating how little the RAW team understands this division - it's as if they told those guys to go out and have a bad match in order to make the post-match more appealing in contrast?

Best Neville has looked and come across since joining the company? By miles? RE: the point above, the crowd wanted to babyface him because the division has been a disaster thus far, but I'd call it a success if someone in the mix is over with the crowd with anything other than go away heat. Have to build from somewhere. Neville, Swann, Tozawa. There's stuff to work with there. Kendrick & TJP are much too bland to be featured, but I suppose they booked themselves into that corner with the contract situations coming out of the CWC.

To be honest, the division itself isn't bad talent-wise. Not only there are the guys who WingedEagle mentioned, but Jack Gallagher (who is quickly being the most over and unique guy in the division) and Gran Metallik.

Those are the guys who can make matches actually exciting and different from the rest of the roster. TJP and Kendrick are perfectly fine wrestlers, but for the "philosophy" they are trying to give the CW division, they just don't work out