Pro Wrestling Only

Matt Hardy off the deep end again

Loss

Guest Dangerous A

But I thought we were supposed to wait a couple months before Matt and Edge's storyline was "really" supposed to take off and Matt would show the IWC that he truly made the right decision going to WWE.

Guest Cam Chaos

He could have been TNA champ or TNA tag champs with Jeff by now instead but he's made his bed, now he has to lie in it. He was fucking stupid for going back to a company that fired him while he was injured because his friend was fucking his girl on the road and he was fucking stupid to let McMahon steal all his heat by endorsing his return. Now he's paying for his fucking stupid decisions after the hand that fed him slapped him, flipped him off and chucked him out the front door before beckoning him back when they sensed payola. If he'd been smarter then he wouldn't have to resort being unprofessional now.

Guest CanadianChick

God, what a bitch. It's like he thinks that Edge got the title just to spite him or something.

If he's still really hung up on the situation, he should take comfort in the fact that Lita is still being portrayed as the biggest slut ever. Poetic justice, or something like that.

Guest Mike Campbell

I liked the initial reaction on DVDVR. Which was that Matt should start doing the same stuff that George Costanza did, when he tried to get fired from the Yankees. :)

Guest WidowsPeak

I liked the initial reaction on DVDVR. Which was that Matt should start doing the same stuff that George Costanza did, when he tried to get fired from the Yankees.  :)

Now that would be hilarious.

Matt's an independent contractor, he can do what he wants. I saw the contract. Heck, they'll even let TALENT die without any responsibility to the company.

I liked the initial reaction on DVDVR. Which was that Matt should start doing the same stuff that George Costanza did, when he tried to get fired from the Yankees.  :)

Now that would be hilarious.
Does Vince not have certain people around as consultants? If so, I smell Office Space plot for Matt.

It's too bad he and Lita aren't back together, albeit briefly. I could see Amy Dumas being the type who would go to a hypnotherapist.

Guest Mike Campbell

There's plenty of ways he could get fired.

- Drive around the parking lot of Titan towers dragging the WWE Title behind him.

- Slip a Mickey into Vince's drink (one my personal favorite episodes)

- Tell creative that the wrestlers would be much better if they all switched to cotton tights

Guest Bruiser Chong

There's plenty of ways he could get fired.

- Drive around the parking lot of Titan towers dragging the WWE Title behind him.

- Slip a Mickey into Vince's drink (one my personal favorite episodes)

- Tell creative that the wrestlers would be much better if they all switched to cotton tights

Or he could break into Vince's office, steal the photo of Vince and his family at the beach with a younger Matt Hardy in the background, get it airbrushed to erase himself, only to have Vince be the only taken out of the picture and eventually drawn back in. And then Jeff Hardy could pretend to be Dr. Van Nostdrum and bag himself a picture of a shirtless Vince.

Just start talking about steroid. Go to the newsstations where they'll take him, talk to the local papers, do whatever. Fuck, I'm going to e-mail him that one.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Let's face it: the only way Matt's getting out is if Vince somehow becomes under the impression that Hardy's moonlighting as an employee at an Arkansas chicken joint.

Here's the thing: is there anythingin the legalese of that contract that says that Matt has to go along with it. Personally, I don't see how Matt cannot do a ton more damage from the inside that he can on the outside. Leaking news. Finding venues to bad-mouth the business (and I think that if Matt has the right message, he can get it across) while having the rep of being an employee. Sabotaging shows. Yeah, he'll burn bridges, and he may just burn out all the business bridges in the immediate future, but if he's serious about getting out, he can pull it off and get some sweet revenge in the process.