Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-11-CMLL] Black Warrior & Zumbido & Pimpinela Escarlata vs Antifaz del Norte & Felino & Safari

soup23

It feels good to be in Arena Mexico. I am unsure if Zumbido trips or gets crotched on the top rope but he is pinned in about 25 seconds of action. Black Warrior isn’t far behind. We get some more wonderful CMLL clipping with the rudos in control and Black Warrior doing a huge tope into the stands. Zumbido follows and Pimpenela is able to win the second fall for the rudos as B. Warrior powerbombs and pins Felino. Black Warrior bites off Felino’s mask and holds it in his mouth in my favorite spot of the match. Into the third fall we go with Zumbido and Safari facing off. Felino comes in and we get the built up pairing with him and Black Warrior. Safari is able to hit a really cool Asai Moonsault as the tecnicos are flying around all over the place now. Felino hits a big powerbomb from the ropes with both guys bouncing off the mat and him having to hang on to prevent losing his mask. The tecnicos win. Some good stuff here and there and good fire between Warrior and Felino but the clipping killed it for me coming off the heels of the Olimpico vs. Panther match and the NJPW junior stuff. I hope this isn’t a trend that continues in CMLL. Also, our boy Zumbido seemed a bit off in this one. **1/2

Even with some really good talent involved, this struggles being in the proverbial WWE divas circa 2009 spot for us after two more dynamic matches. I'm not sure if that's where it fell on the card but it's where it fell in our viewing so there you have it. Add in the clipping and you have a match that shows some promise, but had too much working against it to overcome. Great to see the first PWO2K match of PIMPINELA ESCARLATA though, and this is definitely the best Felino has looked so far. That finish was crazy!

• 3 weeks later...

Pimpinela in CMLL is just so weird to me. So used to seeing him in AAA. Kinda like when Electroshock and Cibernetico showed up in CMLL. Anyways, Pimpi is really toned down in this match. No trying to kiss the other wrestlers or anything like that. I wonder if that's why the match was clipped so much cause it was censored? They've done that with Maximo before. Match wasn't much but it was nice to see a black warrior bullet tope and a rare Safari appearance. Also loved that the tecnicos theme was the Miami Vice theme.

• 3 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-02-11-CMLL] Black Warrior & Zumbido & Pimpinela Escarlata vs Antifaz del Norte & Felino & Safari