Pro Wrestling Only

The MTV wrestling lineup

Loss

This is a riot.

Disco Machine & Joey Ryan & Topgun Talwar vs. Scorpio Sky & Zokre & Phoenix Star

Puma vs. Tommy Williams

Human Tornado vs. Delirious vs. Luke

According to SCU, the dark matches are in place so that MTV and Big Vision Entertainment can determine who to contract should the show get picked up as a full series.

As reported, wrestling on the main card will be Vampiro, Justin Credible, Sean Waltman, New Jack, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal and Teddy Hart.

Vampiro, Sean Waltman, New Jack and Teddy Hart in the same locker room? That's crazy! All they need is Juventud.

Wow. Topgun Talwar is very unimpressive to me. Delirious is OK but is this going to be a conflict of interest because he sometimes works ROH?

The Human Tornado is comedy. I can't believe he hasn't been sucked up by another promotion already.

Justin Credible can't use that name, right?

I haven't seen Vampiro in awhile, so that'll be interesting.

Teddy Hart will be blackballed from here in a week or two as well. He's a fucking nutcase. Anyone want to bet on whom will miss the first date? Hart for being asked to not show up or New Jack because he'll be in jail?

Guest Mike Campbell

Why would Delirious be a problem? Jack Evans and Matt Sydal also work for ROH. Puma did a few shots with them, but hasn't been around in ages.

They should go all out with the sleazeball thing. They already have a start there. Bring in Juventud Guerrera, Lex Luger, Scott Hall and Jake Roberts, and get Roland Alexander, David McLane, Rob Feinstein and Rob Black to co-promote it. Make Tammy Sytch and Missy Hyatt the females and have Tom Zenk and Maxx Payne doing commentary.

Guest savagerulz

Call me a cynic, but this show will not get picked up as a full series.

Have me train some Real World/Road Rules/True Life alums for six months, then you'd have something.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Since when are you a broadcaster?

I dont think the MTV show will be yknow, good. But people will watch it. At least the intial airing.

Since when are you a broadcaster?

I dont think the MTV show will be yknow, good. But people will watch it. At least the intial airing.

Since I heard they actually wanted somebody with wrestling knowledge. ;)

Actually, the indy promotion I occasionally referee for is considering making me a broadcaster for their tapes and DVDs, but they run so infrequently that I doubt it'll ever happen.

Guest Dangerous A

I briefly considered throwing my resume' to this as well, but want more details before trying to go full bore with something like this. So far, doesn't sound too promising, but then again, a lot of this info is speculation.

Guest Dangerous A

Back to the unfortunate side, Fritz Von Erich is dead.

Perhaps MTV will want to appeal to a larger racial demographic and bring in scum like Atsushi Onita and Invader I Jose Gonzales.

Guest Famous Mortimer

If they booked it based on this thread, it would instantly become the best wrestling show of all time. Like that really weird PPV "Legends of Wrestling" (or whatever it was called) from a few years back that had loads of retired guys trying to look like they were wrestling.

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of Dave Meltzer:

The MTV TV taping is tomorrow. Kris Kloss will be doing the announcing. He used to do the XPW TV show. I'm of the impression that all fans who attend will have to sign a non-disclosure sheet. Taping is 5 to 11 p.m. They are looking for fans to be between 18-25 years old and to wear Warped Tour attire and show up in "Downtown Los Angeles" at 4:30 p.m. Fans will get paid $7 per hour for four to six hours of taping. To get into the taping send to [email protected] with a contact number as well as a photo if possible. I guess no ugly fans allowed or something.

How fucked up is that? Even WCW didn't pay fans to attend their shows.