Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-07-Osaka Pro] Takehiro Murahama vs Daioh QUALLT

soup23

• 4 weeks later...

Murahama was kind of a fly in the ointment in Osaka Pro. This wasn't his debut, but he had only been around a few months at this time, and his style ran counter to the house style of the group, and he was being set up as a challenger to Super Delphin, Osaka Pro's ace, in a feud that would go on and off throughout the rest of the year. I'm not sure what the post-match angle was about, but I thought this was a good way to continue establishing his style as something different, and I have a soft spot for Quallt. This match was more about booking and angle advancement than anything, as seen by Murahama socking Delphin when he comes to his rescue, but it worked in advancing things. I'm looking forward to that match when we get to it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is a different style fight and that was the story for the first 6 or so months of Murahama's Osaka Pro run. That's why they're using the 10 count down system.

I didn't feel this was as particularly bad as most of you. I thought it was perfectly fine given the circumstance that Murahama is still green as a pro-wrestler as he had made his debut in January, so he had 2 months under his belt. He did have previous experience in combat sports as he had a few K-1 fights iirc at the time and some MMA fights under his belt.

As I mentioned in some of the previous matches feat. QUALLT, I'm not too hot on him as he usually drags the multi man matches he's in down imo, but I thought he was OK here.

As you can see, this is looking like it's going to lead us to the eventual big Murahama vs. Super Delfin match as LOV pretty much are seem to be getting into Murahama's head and are pushing them towards eventually going at each other.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-07-Osaka Pro] Takehiro Murahama vs Daioh QUALLT