Pro Wrestling Only

Match of the week?

Loss

Guest Dangerous A

Go to www.youtube.com

Type in KENTA in the search engine.

In the various matches, you will find KENTA vs Marufuji from a few weeks ago.

That is your match of the week.

Guest Dangerous A

Please don't make me watch Marifuji/KENTA again.

PLEASE!!!

Not sure where you are coming from.

Did you see the match before and not like it? Or are you being sarcastic?

I need context, dammit!

Go to www.youtube.com

Type in KENTA in the search engine.

In the various matches, you will find KENTA vs Marufuji from a few weeks ago.

That is your match of the week.

Let's make sure more people are interested before we do this.
They each should have their own thread too. I don't want this all in one thread. It'll get messy.

Yea, really don't want to watch again after I spent 30 minutes already watching it once. It certainly wasn't bad but is not a match I would ever want to see again.

Let me propose something. How about a Bi-Weekly "Book Club" concept in that every two weeks, a DVD gets distributed with 2 hours of footage. Everyone who gets the DVD *MUST* talk about all of the matches on it. I think this would work better than a Match of the Week that everyone must own in order to decide which match to watch.

I could invision DVD #1 being: (just an example off of the top of my head to show the variety)

10/15/05 Perros del Mal vs. Los Capos - CMLL

12/30/85 Jerry Lawler vs. Bill Dundee - Memphis

11/05/05 Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong - ROH

07/24/76 Shoehi Baba vs. Billy Robinson - AJPW

And then if there was extra room, throw on fillers such as music videos (Lawler/Dundee music videos rule) or something like the recent Pacquio/Morales fight from HBO if we want to mix it up some times.

Just my thoughts...

Tim

You could have, say, 10 people or however many sign up to it, and each week 1 person gets a turn at either...

A. Picking the match or...

B. Compiling and distributing the DVD(s).

Just depends which way you want to do it, but then you get a huge variety of wrestling styles to watch.

Count me out for the DVD thing though, because I don't fancy forking out to ship 9 DVD's to America. I'll do the match thing, that is to say, if I have the matches on tape. I detest watching matches on PC, just can't get into them as well.

I really like Tim's idea, but I don't know if I'll be able to participate, especially if each of us gets to burn DVDs, something I don't have access to. On top of that, I often have difficulty of finding time within two weeks for one DVD, or the energy for it, for that matter. One match a week is a different, and easier case though.

I don't want to stop anyone from wanting to do Tim's idea if it's a go. If it's any consolation, I'll definitely be reading. :)

I wouldn't expect anyone to spend any money to participate in this thread and I wouldn't expect anyone to want that from me. That being said, I think the DVD idea is terrible. All it'll do is alienate several posters, like myself. I'm interested otherwise.

Would you do it if the only cost for you would be to provide your own blank DVD and pay shipping? That's $5.00 a month, unless you live outside the US, in which case it's a couple of dollars more. And in months when you could participate, you did and when you couldn't, you didn't. No contract or anything -- it's the prepaid phone of message boards.

I really don't know. Probably? Yes.

...sometimes I have a tough time watching burnt stuff though. My comp. doesn't want to cooperate.

I also don't have a CD burner. I could watch and nominate but unless I get a burner, that's about it.

Not sure how this is a horrible idea that alienates posters.

Real simple concept. 1-2 people burn the discs and send them out. Example would be Will and Loss burning for 10 people each (let's say 20 pepole joined, which I would say is a lot right now, considering this board is still very small).

No one else has to burn DVD's.

As for a fee, I don't see how 5.00 per month via PayPal wouldn't be a terrific deal. If it is bi-weekly, a blank DVD costs around $1 - $1.50 and then shipping first class would be about 1.00. Of course if you wanted priority shipping, you just make it 13.00 per month.

And the big rule is if you don't talk about the matches, you don't get the DVD's in the future since the whole goal is to talk about matches. And the matches should theorhetically be the one's that the majority hasn't seen so new styles of wrestling are introduced to everyone.

Tim

I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't be able to help with burning DVDs or things like that and sometimes I wouldn't be able to comment on the matches in a timely fashion, but if that was aloud I'd look forward to participating in this.

Guest bravesfan

I'd be willing to help with the distribution with my burner capabilities, but my library's still very small when it comes to wrestling before the turn of the 90's.

I can take a load off of Loss and Tim, if the mailing list reaches a breaking point for either one.

I have a lot to see when it comes to the older stuff, but I'm willing to analyze anything. One resolution I made at the beginning of the year, was to pour through more 70's and 80's shows just to get on the same plane as others here. That's all you can ask for, right?