Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-04-11-FMW] Gedo & Jado & Koji Nakagawa vs Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa & The Winger

soup23

Honma added a ton here as the previous Jado and Gedo match was lifeless as could be. This didn’t blow me away but was really entertaining and had a lot of individual segments that really were intriguing. Jado in particular looked much better here than the match before. Yamakawa gets busted open and Winger takes a ton of damage leading to Honma being the person that has to keep everything together. This match would have been helped by being cut down by about five minutes. ***1/4

• 2 weeks later...

Honma is one of my favorite 2000s guys and I thought he was very good here, but a lot of this match felt lethargic, even when the guys were brawling on the outside. It just seemed calm and perfunctory in a way crowd brawling really shouldn't. I do think the match improved quite a bit when they got back in the ring, but they never really hooked the crowd. Gedo and Jado embody the spirit of a lot of what I like about wrestling, but they have yet to give me the match I want to see from them. I do expect it to happen eventually, as it seems like they could have an amazing Southern tag with the right opponents. The Revival strikes me as a better version of Gedo and Jado at this point.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This such an odd dynamic... The BJW guys are usually faces, but are being treated as heel invaders, yet they work as faces. Team No Respect are usually heels and they are treated as the faces defending the org., yet they work as heels.

The match itself felt flat. Even the crowd brawling felt flat. It also went on forever.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-04-11-FMW] Gedo & Jado & Koji Nakagawa vs Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa & The Winger