Pro Wrestling Only

Quotable wrestling

Loss

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Bret: And the guy I think deserves a title...and El Dandy, I think you're a heck of a wrestler, you're a great technician in the ring, and you're a jam up guy. I don't see any reason - cut off

Mean Gene: Whoa, wait a minute El Dandy has been wrestling in the cruiserweight divison here, please.

Bret Hart: He's a great wrestler

Mean Gene: He's a great wrestler but my goodness, there's a 50 pound wait difference

Bret Hart: Who are you to doubt El Dandy? This guy's a serious professional

Mean Gene: Let's talk about some serious competitors

Bret: What about Hypnosis?

MG: You mean Psicosis?

BH: Whatever...he's a great wrestler. You can say what you want, you can try to tear these guys down

MG: Psychosis has also been wrestling in the cruiserweight division

BH: He's a high flyer of the highest magnitude..this guys a serious professional

MG: But he's still a cruiserweight...let's get some..

BH: How about Dean Malenko? I was gonna give him a title shot. Thought he was a big man, wanted to injure me. Hey, come injure me now you little punk. he's sitting at home with some kinda hokie injure. This is a REAL injure Dean Malenko, this a groin pull the likes in which you have never seen in your whole life.

That sounds pretty funny. Shame I dont remember this. I miss El Dandy.

s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2C4ST9L0LAO1K3QE7ZSSWTC6SB

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Copy and paste it in your browser and it'll send you to a page where you can DL the segment.

This particular one's expired, though.

Indeed. I will reup sometime this week. I wasn't sure if this forum kills yousendit.com links or not so I posted it without the "http"

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see the promo that James Gibson cut backstage with Spanky after Spanky and Gibson had both lost earlier in the night? It was during New Frontiers.

Anyway, during the promo Gibson made the point that he just wasn't getting the job done. He talked about how he loved the adoration from the fans but it had made him soft. He went on to say how the fans can call him "James Gibson, Jamie Noble or Gomer fucking Pyle" for all he cares.

It was a good promo and going back on it, I think it had an even bigger impact sense he went on to win the ROH title.

Guest CanadianChick

Just the most absurd Ken Shamrock quote in '97 when trying to insult DX, more specifically, Shawn Michaels.

Kenny: "And Shawn Michaels, with your beautiful hair, and your sexy chest..."

Guest SweetMama Scaat

"I rarely wear Underwear"- Jim Ross

"I dont like alot of things, and electricity is one of them" -Bob Caudle

"Nice Ice cream...Why dont you eat your ice cream, you ...ice cream eater!" -Johnny Nitro at a house show.

• 4 weeks later...

Bret: And the guy I think deserves a title...and El Dandy, I think you're a heck of a wrestler, you're a great technician in the ring, and you're a jam up guy. I don't see any reason - cut off

Mean Gene: Whoa, wait a minute El Dandy has been wrestling in the cruiserweight divison here, please.

Bret Hart: He's a great wrestler

Mean Gene: He's a great wrestler but my goodness, there's a 50 pound wait difference

Bret Hart: Who are you to doubt El Dandy? This guy's a serious professional

Mean Gene: Let's talk about some serious competitors

Bret: What about Hypnosis?

MG: You mean Psicosis?

BH: Whatever...he's a great wrestler. You can say what you want, you can try to tear these guys down

MG: Psychosis has also been wrestling in the cruiserweight division

BH: He's a high flyer of the highest magnitude..this guys a serious professional

MG: But he's still a cruiserweight...let's get some..

BH: How about Dean Malenko? I was gonna give him a title shot. Thought he was a big man, wanted to injure me. Hey, come injure me now you little punk. he's sitting at home with some kinda hokie injure. This is a REAL injure Dean Malenko, this a groin pull the likes in which you have never seen in your whole life.

That sounds pretty funny. Shame I dont remember this. I miss El Dandy.
I know this is late, but I remember that! A friend of mine and I couldn't stop laughing at that interview. A nice way for Bret to show his lighter side.

Bret had GREAT comic timing and delivery on the rare occasions where he showed it. My favorite all-time quote from him was one that wasn't even said on the mic, but rather he was mouthing it to a fan in the crowd. This was on the Nitro when Russo reformed the NWO.

Fan to Bret: "YOU SUCK!"

Bret to fan: "I don't suck, you suck! You're the one who bought a ticket to watch this shit!"

Guest SweetMama Scaat

"Were gonna get hungry and forget our manners"- Jim The Anvil Neidhart

"Look at me, aint I sight to see? The whole Damn world wants to look like me.....but the dont. So jus look at me."- Rob Conway

"TURKEYS FOR EVERYBODY~!" Mr Perfect and Randy Savage, pleased as punch after their Survivor Series match.

Carlito: " *mubles in Spanglish* SPLINTERS~!"

Chris Masters: "This is a tables match, yknow what can happen in a tables match?

Carlito: "Yes. Splinters."

Chris Masters: "We need a plan. A MASTER plan"

Carlito: "A plan without Splinters"

Bret had GREAT comic timing and delivery on the rare occasions where he showed it. My favorite all-time quote from him was one that wasn't even said on the mic, but rather he was mouthing it to a fan in the crowd. This was on the Nitro when Russo reformed the NWO.

Fan to Bret: "YOU SUCK!"

Bret to fan: "I don't suck, you suck! You're the one who bought a ticket to watch this shit!"

I don't remember that, but now, I wish I do, or I wish I had seen it if I hadn't. What's sad is that most fans probably and unfortunately remember the "peak" of Bret's comedy being the "Pittsburgh enema" comment.

Guest Mike Campbell

Speaking of splinters . . .

"There's a splinter in my ass!" (Austin Aries after giving Spanky a piledriver onto a wooden chair.

"I've fallen and I can't get up!" (Taiyo Kea during a match with Kensuke Sasaki)

Carlito, after trying to imitate Ric Flair and failing: "Whatever. Wooing isn't cool anyway"

Also, I was watching the WWF set and the famous Mean Gene "fuck it" goof was in there. What cracked me up was Jesse's HILARIOUS rant afterwards that seemed half-cover, half-shoot on how he was happy something finally bad happened to Gene.

No one made sounding pissed as funny as Jesse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Alfdogg

From the Wrestling Classic:

Jesse says something about how he can't believe Orndorff was allowing Santana to recover.

Gorilla: "He's also a SPORTSMAN, Jess."

Jesse: "Sportsman are only involved in duck hunting and pheasant hunting."

• 3 weeks later...

Just because I haven't seen it typed out yet, Luger's spiel:

"What kind of digusting, despic-despicable *sigh* lack of respect does that Billy-what's-his-name show bookin' a match for The Total Package Lex Luger in Superbrawl? Super Saturday? What is it? I don't even know what it's called! What is it called? Superbrawl Saturday? Can he afford to pay me to wrestle Ron, I don't know! I'm one of the biggest legend-stars ever in thi-GAH! And your T-shirts are too tight too, Billy! And you book a match with me against Ron Killings? Look at me! I'm a total package, I will rip him apart. I'm pissed now!"

• 3 weeks later...

From WM 6 after Bobby Heenan slapped Andre around (causing him to turn face) Mean Gene interviewed him later in the show:

Gene: Bobby Heenan, What gives you the ba...NERVE to do what you did to Andre the Giant?

Heenan (trying to keep in character while trying not to laugh at Gene): I'll tell you what gives me the *long pause* NERVE!

Guest Cam Chaos

"She is the hottest Diva in history" - Coach on Stephanie McMahon, October 17th 2005 Raw

"You know what disappoints me? That our fans can't be a little more original." - "Mrs Originality" Stephanie McMahon, who alongside her "creative" team, cleared Chris Masters, Mark Jindrak, The Heart Throbs, The Dicks and Rob Conway to all work basically the same self absorbed meathead gimmick IN ONE YEAR, already used before by Lex Luger, Adrian Adonis, Louie Spicolli, Alex Wright etc in reply to "Slut" chants, October 24th 2005 Raw

"Look at the Herculean physique on Mcmahon!" - Vince McMahon talking in the third person, October 3rd Raw

"I may be a lot of things to a lot of people, Eric, but a failure is not among them." Vince forgetting the WBF, XFL, the boxing PPV that tanked, the loss of MSG as a venue... November 28th 2005 Raw

"He's a one eyed monster!" Tazz on JBL, December 9th 2005 Smackdown