Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-04-IWRG] El Satanico & Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero vs Villano IV & Villano V & Mr Niebla

soup23

First fall is all Infernales running through their complete triple team arsenal and putting the opposing team away in three minutes. We even get an enjoyable pose after the first fall. Second fall starts out the same until Bucanero misses a charge and then is trapped by the Villanos and Niebla. Great sequence between Ultimo and Niebla with Niebla monkey flipping onto his feet and them doing an armdrag using the ropes. NIebla looks great giving Bucannero a flip to the outside. Ultimo Guerrero offers what I’m sure is a very sincere handshake to one of the Villanos. Villanos are able to win this fall in four minutes. Even though this is rudo vs rudo we see who the biggest rudos are opening the third fall as they are working on unmasking a Villano. Villanos don’t take that shit sitting down and they fire back and then look for the mask of Ultimo. Villanos are clamoring to the crowd and clearly the tecnico. We get a double pin and we are down to Niebla and Satanico. In a sweet rudo move, Ultimo unmasks himself and gets pinned but since he was unmasked, the fall and match goes to them. I watched this a few nights ago and was really disappointed. Now I see it as the table setting match it was and found a lot of little things that helped enhanced the match overall. ***1/2

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed this. Not much to add, but I'm glad to finally dive into IWRG as the lucha libre footage landscape expands. While all of these guys are also in CMLL, it's interesting to see them in a different environment. We haven't seen much Infernales in a while, so hopefully (without looking at my list of upcoming stuff), this means we can expect more stuff again soon. This is also a good time to note that Mr. Niebla here is CMLL's Mr. Mexico. ***1/2

• 2 months later...

Man Infernales are such a great team they don't even take time off. It would be easy to mail it in for these IWRG shows since they aren't CMLL but those guys were on. Especially during the second caida when Rey and Ultimo were bumping all over the place. I liked the end with Ultimo getting unmasked while it looked like he was getting hit with a twilt a whirl backbreaker. Fun match.

• 2 weeks later...

So easy and fun to watch Infernales run through a bunch of cool double and triple teams during the first fall and then put over their opponents with their bumping in the second. Good action and then we get the rudo move from Ultimo that helps lead into the finish. I've enjoyed most of the Infernales stuff from the year so far and this was no different.

**3/4

• 1 month later...

Finally, we get to see the Infernales back in action. They gel almost as well as the original incarnations. I particularly liked the part where the Villanos and Niebla made their comeback and the Infernales took those sprawling bumps. Unfortunately, the third fall is clipped and the match ends with a whimper but if they were testing the waters for a feud between these teams then this whet the appetite.

• 5 months later...

The Infernales bring out the triple teaming to dominate the first fall. Mr. Niebla was really bouncing around in the second fall. Niebla seemed to have Satanico beaten in the third, but Ultimo Guerrero cleverly rips off his own mask to trick the referee to get the disqualification win. A fun match that made you want to see a rematch with a more definitive ending. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2000-05-04-IWRG] El Satanico & Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero vs Villano IV & Villano V & Mr Niebla
  • 5 weeks later...

The Infernales may be my favorite trios ever and this incarnation is pretty great!  While this didn’t hit any great heights, the action in this was still very good with the Infernales just dominating the first fall and the Villanos and Niebla getting their comeback in the next.  Everyone was bumping like a madman.  I thought the ending with Guerrero unmasking himself to get the DQ win was pretty inspired and them cutting a big promo afterwards makes me want to see a rematch.  I so love lucha!