Pro Wrestling Only

Hulk Hogan DVD Match Listing

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

The Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology DVD will be released on Tuesday, April 4th, 2006. It will be four discs. Here is the match list, which was forwarded from a person who works for Silver Vision. Also, the first 500 DVD sets will contain a hand-signed print from Hulk Hogan. Thanks to Candice McGregor for the help.

DISC 1:

NWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling, 5/5/79: Terry "The Hulk" Boulder vs. Andre the Giant (arm wrestling match)

WWE, 13/11/79: Hulk Hogan vs. Harry Valdez (WWE debut, Championship Wrestling)

WWE, 17/12/79: "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan vs. Ted DiBiase (Madison Square Garden debut)

WWE, 9/8/80: "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (Showdown At Shea)

AWA, 18/4/82: Nick Bockwinkel! vs. Hulk Hogan (AWA World Championship)

AWA, 24/4/83: Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hulk Hogan (AWA World Championship, Super Sunday)

NJPW, 2/6/83: Hulk Hogan vs. Antonio Inoki (IWGP Championship tournament finals)

DISC 2:

WWE, 23/1/84: Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship)

WWE, 31/3/85: Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (WrestleMania)

WWE, 7/4/86: Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy (steel cage match, WrestleMania 2)

WWE, 3/1/87: Hulk Hogan vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (steel cage match, Saturday Night's Main Event)

WWE, 29/3/87: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WrestleMania III)

WWE, 29/8/88: The Mega-Powers vs. The Mega-Bucks (SummerSlam)

WWE, 2/4/89: "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, WrestleMania V)

WWE, 1/4/90: Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (Wre! stleMania VI)

DISC 3:

WWE, 27/8/90: Hulk Hogan vs. Earthquake (SummerSlam)

WWE, 24/3/91: Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, WrestleMania VII)

WWE, 3/12/91: Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, Tuesday In Texas)

WCW, 17/7/94: Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan (WCW Championship, Bash At the Beach)

WCW, 23/10/94: Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair (WCW Championship - steel cage retirement match, Halloween Havoc)

WCW, 15/9/96: Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, & nWo Sting vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, & Sting ("War Games:The Match Beyond", Fall Brawl)

WCW, 29/12/97: Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting (WCW Championship - Starrcade)

DISC 4:

WWE, 11/3/02: Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, & Kevin Nash vs. The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin (RAW)

WWE, 17/3/02: Hollywood Hogan vs. The Rock (WrestleMania X8)!

WWE, 21/4/02: Triple H vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, Backlash)

WWE, 4/7/02: Billy & Chuck vs. Hulk Hogan & Edge (World Tag Team Championship, SmackDown!)

WWE, 30/3/03: Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. McMahon (streetfight, WrestleMania XIX)

WWE, 21/8/05: Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels (SummerSlam)

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

I'd prefer if they added matches that weren't already easily accessible (Some Nitro matches, SNME, and so on and so forth), but solid overall.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I'm disappointed. Not like there's a massive library of great Hogan matches to choose from, but what's the point of this if we basically get a repeat of matches found on the Hulk Rules and Wrestlemania DVDs? Sure, you have to include them, but where are all of the TV and arena show matches from his WWF days?

Guest Bruiser Chong

I don't think it's a secret to most of you guys that I don't hate Hogan. In fact, I've admitted over the years that I was a huge fan of his growing up and still enjoy seeing him in certain roles for the sake of nostalgia. So with that said, when I hear Hogan get all creative and put his spin on how things happened, a part of me wants to believe every word he's saying.

I'm disappointed.  Not like there's a massive library of great Hogan matches to choose from, but what's the point of this if we basically get a repeat of matches found on the Hulk Rules and Wrestlemania DVDs?  Sure, you have to include them, but where are all of the TV and arena show matches from his WWF days?

"Hulk Still Rules" is long out of production and, from what I hear, they can't sell it due to legal reasons.

Guest savagerulz

Jesus Christ all 4 DVDs are matches? HULK HOGAN MATCHES?!?

Watching that in one sitting would result in opening a vortex of suck that would consume all physical matter.

If you have Hulk Still Rules, the nWo DVD, and the Best of the 80s DVD, you already have like 3/4ths of this set. Not to mention the Hulk Rules and the nWo sets are uncensored and unblurred. For a company that owns almost all recorded wrestling of the last 30 years, this is a disappointment.

I'm not going to lie, Hogan is the reason that I started watching wrestling. Right around the time Wrestlemania 4 ended is when I got hooked, or at least that's as far back as I can remember. I watched all of the build-up leading to Hogan/Savage at 'Mania 5 and I was hooked because of Hogan. I even got into crappy feuds, like those against Zeus and Earthquake because of Hogan. It was his charisma and theatrics I guess.

That being said, I don't buy a lot of wrestling DVD's. The only wrestling DVD's that I own are the Ric Flair collection that I got on sale for $22 and Wrestlemania 19 which I bought off of a friend for ten bucks because he needed some money. My friend Eric owns Hulk Still Rules, the nWo DVD and the Best of the 80's DVD and they're all accessible to me. That being said, this DVD still appeals to me. It'll probably appeal to Eric as well and be a purchase. He's a lot more into buying wrestling DVDs then I am. He's almost as big a Hogan mark as myself except that he just ate raw eggs whereas I wrote a letter to Hogan asking him to get well soon after getting squashed by 'Quake. I believe that RRR and myself share that in common.

It's all about the nostalgia. Yeah, it's a DVD set of nothing but Hogan matches but Hogan has never been about the workrate anyway. It's always been around the circumstances and the story surrounding a match. The build-up to the confrontation and the outcome of the match. Rewatching some of these matches will be like re-living all of the storylines and shit that I grew up on. Them all being together on one DVD is a lot easier than switching between three DVDs to see several different segments. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's a Hogan DVD that's pretty good and, in my opinion, will be worth owning.

Sek does make a point about the scratch logo being blurred. That might hinder my acceptance of the DVD, at least a little. It's damn annoying.

I have to admit, I've been watching the WM box set and the blurring isn't as distracting as I thought it would be. It only gets annoying when someone says "WWF" and they mute the F. Rock had a promo at WM 2000 where he says "WWF" every other word and he ends up sounding like he has Tourette's.

It might be interesting to pick this up for the main program, just to hear Hulk kayfabe every aspect of his life and talk about bodyslamming the 800 pound Andre in front of a million people 2 weeks before he died.

I found the blurring to be the absolute worst for WM16. The day Eddie Guerrero passed away, I watched all his WM matches on the box set as my own quick tribute to him that day, and I couldn't believe how ugly WM16 looked in the mixed 6-person tag, due to things like all the camera people wearing WWF shirts. The match looked spotty, but in a different fashion.