Pro Wrestling Only

The Dicks released

Guest savagerulz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meltz said it best when the Heart Throbs were released that people who saw them in OVW were shaking their heads in disbelief and people who only saw their WWE work had the complete opposite reaction.

WWE's attitude toward tag teams is complete bullshit. The Tolands (Dicks) and the Heart Throbs were over in OVW, only to get shit on in WWE. Cade and Murdoch got an inital push, but then it became clear they were being used to make fun of AMW and they were broken up and turned into Heat jobbers. Meanwhile the tag team titles on RAW (the ones with the history) are held by two singles wrestlers who have been booked as unbeatable and as such never defend the belts.

It's never been the WW/W/F/E way, but I liked how in a lot of other big wrestling areas in the past, and even internationally, the tag titles are of huge importance and the top singles wrestlers usually have a regular partner as well and regularly express interest in winning the belts.

Meltz News that might be tangentally related:

--Something big as far as an announcement to wrestlers is expected on Monday at the combined Raw & Smackdown tapings in Washington, DC. All wrestlers on the roster, including the guys who haven't been used in a while, have been told they must be at the tapings.

Leading the lambs to slaughter? I can imagine Vince or Johnny handling this with their usual smoothness, delivering a big "Yay WrestleMania" peptalk then firing half the people in the room.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Hopefully useless lugs (Snitsky, Tomko, Scotty) and not guys who can contribute (Conway, Doug Basham, good cruisers). We say that every year, though, so who knows.

London returning to ROH would be met positively, he could probably get regular or semi-regular tours internationally, and I'm sure TNA would want him. He'd be better off outside of WWE.

Stacy Keibler may not resign, but her getting voluntarily released would be a very stupid decision.

Guest Famous Mortimer

How much is London getting paid in WWE? And how much could he make a week working indies? There has to come a time when people are going to be able to make more, easily, working the indies, and then WWE is going to lose a hell of a lot of people.

Don't forget WWE's "keep anyone TNA would want under contract no matter if we use them or not" policy. I think that alone is going to keep London employed.

I think Dupree's probably gone since he's been having injury problems, as well as Conway, Tomko, Vito, and one or both Bashams.

Stacy's all but gone when her contract ends, so maybe the "time to get her head together" she talked about on Larry King is code for "getting my agent to get me out of my WWE contract".

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Danny Basham got released the last time they had a large number of roster cuts. Doug's still around.

Danny is still w/ the company. He's still on the Raw Superstars page.

Don't Doug Basham & Rob Conway help train in OVW? That may (hopefully) keep them employed.

Guest teke184

Danny Basham got released the last time they had a large number of roster cuts. Doug's still around.

Don't Doug Basham & Rob Conway help train in OVW? That may (hopefully) keep them employed.

Damaja (Danny Basham), Rob Conway, and Nick Dinsmore (Eugene) were all trainers in OVW while they were down there.

It may help Damaja and Conway stick around but I think Eugene is still on the office shit-list for getting blitzed on Somas so soon after Eddie's death.

My bad. I only checked out the Smackdown page. Completely forgot that Danny went to RAW.

Guest savagerulz

Partial Source: PWTorch.com

Most industry speculation assumes that Monday?s big WWE announcement will involve the implementation of the drug testing program.

The feeling is that with next week?s conference call and April?s WrestleMania bringing WWE back under the radar, it will be a great PR move to have the drug testing program officially off the ground.

Of course, that is not at all confirmed. Other theories center around a front office shakeup or a personal issue involving Vince McMahon.

Maybe he's going to grope them all.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch

Last week it was being reported on WWE's website that they had released Tank Tolland and Chad Wicks (The Dicks). It's being said that the main reason they were released was because of a fight between Tolland and Wicks.

Reports indicate that Wicks were being constantly ribbed and hazed by a number of SmackDown! wrestlers including JBL, Chris Benoit and The Undertaker. Wicks handled the ribbing poorly, and he'd often complain about it, which lead to even more ribbing.

Tolland felt that Wicks' constant complaining would put their jobs in jeopardy. Just recently, the tag team partners had a physical altercation as Tolland punched Wicks. The fight put WWE management in a sticky situation because they couldn't possibly justify firing the wrestler who was punched and not the wrestler who did the punching. And thus, WWE decided to just release the both of them.

Tolland and Wicks will be going their separate ways on the indy scene.

Yet they showed up at the last OVW taping renouncing the Dick gimmick, saying they were going back to being the Tolands.

Meltz theorized that since they live near Louisville, they're going to spend the 90 day period putting over tag teams in OVW.