Pro Wrestling Only

HHH injures neck, collapses backstage

sek69

According to several backstage sources, Triple H injured his neck at Monday's RAW telecast. His condition was so bad that, at one point, he collapsed. 

The initial injury occurred during the match with Rosey and Hurricane; specifically, when Rosey's legdrop put pressure on Triple H's neck and head. It was originally believed that he had a concussion, but sources have not been able to confirm the validity of such a statement. 

After the match, he iced his neck and felt well enough to go back out for the final segment with Jim Ross and Batista. However, this idea turned out to be ill-advised and Triple H reaggravated the neck injury. He passed out shortly after returning to the back.

Triple H's injury was not only the likely factor in WWE's decision to cancel the advertised tag match for post-RAW, but a factor in Stephanie McMahon's decision to remain home and skip her planned trip to Ohio Valley Wrestling. 

Guess Rosey's next on the release list....

A lot of people are happy about this, but I can not celebrate a wrestler's injury, no matter what my personal opinion of him. HHH is a backstage politician and borderline cancer, but he works very hard on his craft, and no one questions his dedication.

Guest teke184

If Trips has to retire, one wonders who'll get to "carry the ball" in his place.

Something tells me that HBK will get that honor if it happens.

Guest Some Guy

I'd say that they would probably flip JBL over to Raw because they need a "top heel" on the Flagship.

Meltzer reported that he's OK and he'll beatdown JR as promised on Raw, although I suspect Batista will prevent the beatdown and eat a Pedigree. You know HHH has to get the upperhand physically in this feud at some point.

A lot of people are happy about this, but I can not celebrate a wrestler's injury, no matter what my personal opinion of him.  HHH is a backstage politician and borderline cancer, but he works very hard on his craft, and no one questions his dedication.

You're way too nice. I agree with Nik.

Hell, this might actually make me watch RAW on a regular basis again... presuming he stays off TV for awhile.

A lot of people are happy about this, but I can not celebrate a wrestler's injury, no matter what my personal opinion of him.  HHH is a backstage politician and borderline cancer, but he works very hard on his craft, and no one questions his dedication.

You're way too nice. I agree with Nik.

Hell, this might actually make me watch RAW on a regular basis again... presuming he stays off TV for awhile.

It'll take more than HHH being gone to get me back into things again.

There's no one compelling in the WWE to me at all right now. NO ONE. It's not just HHH filling the main event scene. The overall product of both brands stinks right now and has been for a while.

I wouldn't argue with you but I have been trying to watch SD! lately. I caught half of the Eddie-Angle match this week and even though JBL will probably get his rematch, I am interested in seeing how it plays out. It also helps that there are SD! spoilers to help me eliminate the time slots I have no interest in seeing.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I'd imagine that if Trips had been forced to retire because of this, Rosey would've become some sort of cult figure on the 'net. As it is, Trips is reportedly fine and Rosey is in trouble.

I've been enjoying SD! alot more that Raw lately. Raw continues to be the HHH show, while I feel that SD! is more balanced. SD! has more than a few problems with it (Heindreich for one) but at the least it's offering a variety. MNM looks like they'll be an entertaining tag team so hopefully the Tag Division will be reinvigorated on SD!

I'm not a fan of John Cena but I think he has a better overall chance to succeed than Batista, if only because he has a few unique spots, while Batista is a typical power wrestler.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

It does seem that way. He had a so bad it's funny vibe. If only he could wrestle.

"That's what friends are fooooor!" *eats boot*

I am so stealing that if anyone ever needs a kick to the nuts.

Well, at least he isn't Nathan Jones. And unfortunately, that's all I can say for him :blink:

"So bad it's good" is *such* a Russoian concept that only serves to get talent over in the short term, and really, I don't think it's a good idea to have people dominating TV that are going to embarrass fans who may be watching with non-fans. Eugene, Gene Snitsky and Heidenreich all fit the "so bad it's good" label, and some of them have had extremely short-term success, but have fizzled out quickly because their personalities just aren't believable. Eugene still has a long, good career ahead of him if they play their cards right, if only because he's a charismatic guy who can at least work a match without making anyone look foolish. I'd be using Hulk Hogan's return to make him relevant again instead of wasting it on a match with Shawn Michaels that seems like it would have appeal, but really doesn't. 'Gene and Hulk should have had a duel posedown at Wrestlemania building to 'Gene turning on Hogan this summer and revealing that he's just been acting retarded all this time. That would get pretty deafening heel heat and really send him somewhere. Follow it up with a Regal feud and you're accomplishing something.

But anyway, the whole driving concept behind Crash TV was that Russo could put stuff on, like Mark Henry getting a blowjob from a transvestite or the Undertaker performing a 20-minute human sacrifice, where his philosophy was that it would be so bad that people couldn't look away -- it's the car crash mentality. They still have writers who got trapped in that box that still think that way, and Vince has ALWAYS had bad gimmicks he's pushed like that anyway, so that just makes it worse.

I think your plan is a great idea Loss and would probably generate more payoffs, more marquee matches and would be a great success as long as Eugene got his ass beat in the end. Unfortunately, we would never get that kind of payoff because the fed has been abysmal in giving the fans satisfactory closure.

I don't think they will ever have Dinsmore drop the retard gimmick. In Vince's eyes, wrestlers the size of Dinsmore need gimmicks to get over, because they are too small to get over on their own. The minute the retard gimmick is dropped, Dinsmore's push is dead. Notice how big guys don't get gimmicks? Dinsmore was in OVW forever because of his size and the Eugene gimmick is the only thing that got him called up. Vince would never push Dinsmore the serious wrestler in any way.