Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

Great follow up tv for Labor Day Star Wars!

Terry Funk is quite confident that he's finished 'the King' for good.....somehow I just don't think that's true

WOW, and just like that the Blonds are gone and before the RPMs can savor the moment the CEOs are right their to take advantage of the situation. This should be an interesting feud to say the least!

"Champagne" Gerry Morrow is going to take a much deserved vacation......Porkchop Cash will surely be looking for him when he returns

The Elite continue to be the six man tag champs, who will step up to challenge for those titles?

Matt Borne/Rip Oliver are calling for Johnny Rich to be reinstated, hopefully Jerry Jarrett will make it happen! Those tag matches will certainly pack some houses for the USWA!

Great main event as the Grapplers manage to pull off a victory over the Road Warriors and "Super" Steve 0 appears to be "up, up, and away" from the USWA!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USWA House Shows 9-13 to 9-17 

Dunn Center, Ellis Auditorium, Eblen Center 

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

Sunny War Cloud defeats "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino with a tomahawk chop from the top rope

The Technicians wrestled The Elite (Gagne and Hart) w/Arnold Skaaland to a 10 minute draw

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly defeated Duke Myers when Timothy Flowers came to ringside and tripped Myers, Myers staggered into a clothesline by Kelly for the pin

Porkchop Cash and The Sweet Ebony Express defeated "Diamond" Timothy Flowers and The Lone Stars. Duke Myers came to the ring during a pier six brawl and clotheslined Flowers which allowed Porkchop Cash to pin him with an elbow drop. 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich w/"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich and Matt Borne w/Rip Oliver battled to a DOUBLE DQ when all four men ended up brawling. 

Central States Title Bout 

Dr. Dream Machine (C) defeated "The Wrecking Machine" DJ Peterson. A lot of fans gained a new found respect for DJ as he really took the fight to Dream Machine and almost won the title. The end came when DJ attempted his flying shoulder block from the top rope but Dream sideswiped him and followed with a leg drop to get the hard fought victory

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

Karachi Vice (C) defeated The Rock N Roll RPMS. It was clear the RPMS were a bit worn down from defeating the Fabulous Blondes and then getting ambush by the CEOs on TV. RPMS put up a valiant effort but in the end Makhan hit a big splash on Davis and Gama followed with the Camel Clutch for the win. The RPMs will live to fight another day. 

The following match took place only at the Dunn Center with cameras rolling. 

The Medics w/Leilani Kai vs. A Mystery tag team 

Kai and the Medics wait in the ring. Kai grabs the mic and looks at the Medics. 

"I only employ winners with a killer instinct. After your blunder at Star Wars It sickens me just to look at you two. I do not associate with losers, so not only are we done but you will be facing my new tag team...The Super Samoans! 

The bell rings as Selinga and Sakalia hit the ring and attacked the Medics. The Medics are totally unprepared. The Samoans double superkick Medic 1 over the top rope. Tui climbs to the top rope. Sakalia executes a backbreaker on Medic 2 as Tui follows with an elbow drop from the top rope for the 1..2..3! 

Boos as Kai enters the ring and raises the Super Samoan's arms. 

Very much enjoy your Terry Funk. I can hear good 'ole Uncle Terry saying just about every word of it!

Hate to see the run of The Fabulous Blondes come to an end in the USWA. They have been a ton of fun here. Big win for the RPM's and it looks like they have a date with the CEO's next. You always have one heck of a tag team division going! I hope the Blondes land on their feet!

Good for Champagne! Cabo IS lovely this time of year! Then when he comes back he can  start mixing it up with the big boys where he belongs! I for one think Champagne would make a fine Television Champion!

Speaking of the TV Title, looks like everyone is lining up. Kirchner, Myers, Flowers. St. Clair had better be on his game!

Love the Beauty Shop as always, and I still dig the fact that you are keeping the Central States Title alive! I'm very proud of the work I did in World Class, and having that piece of it still around is awesome. I really do appreciate it.

Hmmm... I am wondering since I traded you both of the Kiniski boys if they might end up either part of, or fighting against all of the other second generation stars in The Elite..... (Hope I didn't just spoil your plans!)

I am super excited for the Borne/Oliver vs Rich Cousins feud. This seriously has the potential to be the feud of the year.

Quite a war between The Grapplers and The Road Warriors, and Steve O gets the award for dumbest bastard of all time! The epic ass whooping he took would have been awesome to see on Television!

Double DQ with all four guys brawling is about what I expect from Borne/Oliver vs Tommy/Johnny. Seriously, I hope they do blood baths for months!!

Happy to see DJ Peterson get the title shot on the house show. Love that guy!

I think The Medics needs a medic! See what I did there..... No.... Okay.....

Good Stuff As Always in the USWA Man! Happy to be a part of it!!

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 9-18-85

Footage is shown from last week of the Road Warriors destroying the TV set and then annihilating Super Steve O! 

A photo is taken a few days later of Steve O lying unconscious in a hospital bed. 

Show opens with a brand new set along with a new USWA banner hanging behind Lance and his podium. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Big show lined up as we'll be hearing from the USWA champ Jerry Lawler who's still at home resting from his injuries at the hands of Terry Funk. I'll also be speaking with Terry Funk as well. Duke Myers and Timothy Flowers will wrestle for a TV title shot. A lot of action set for tonight but right now I want to bring in the owner of the USWA, Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I know you have a lot to address so go right ahead.

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. Last week we all witnessed one of the most shocking events ever to happen on television. Thanks to the Road Warriors we had to get a brand new set up and running in a hurry. I want to thank all those involved for their hard work in getting things up in such a short amount of time. Now, I have been in contact with the Crockett's and Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. They apologized profusely and assured me the Road Warriors would be suspended from MACW TV. What's done is done and it's now time to move on.

There's an eruption from the crowd as the Grapplers head to the podium.

grapplers.jpg.408acf3d2d13235c4aedaf324fca1294.jpg 

Grappler 1: What's done is done? As far as we're concerned Mr. Jarrett, this has just begun! Sounds to me like you're giving the Road Warriors a pass. They came into our house and tore it up! No! We're not done! 

Grappler 2: That's right! Thanks to that idiot Steve O, people are still saying we cant get the better of the Road Warriors. No! We're not done by a long shot! 

Jarrett: Gentlemen, I know you're upset and believe me so was I. But I had a long talk with the Crockett's and we came to an agreement. Grapplers, it's time to move on. It's time to focus on the USWA. I'm asking you to please, let it go. 

Grappler 1: Jerry Jarrett! We can't do that! We want the Road Warriors! 

Grappler 2: You just make it happen! 

Grapplers leave. Jarrett looks a bit worried as Lance goes to a commercial. 

Commercial Break 

"The Wrecking Machine" DJ Peterson vs. Trent Watkins 

dj.jpg.7d32aaa320454798dcb2504e9ec3145c.jpg

DJ unleashes his power tonight and finishes things off with the flying shoulder block from the top rope! 

DJ cuts a promo and says now that his feud with Kevin Kelly is over, he's looking for some gold! 

Commercial Break 

"The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab vs. Vic Dutro 

ben.jpg.b93ae2251b71190e995ee86d28672a1c.jpg

Bassarab excites the fans with his high octane offense. Bassarab hits a snap suplex then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying leg drop for the pin! 

Commercial Break 

The Rolling Stones song "Gimmie Shelter" plays as WrestleStorm 2 flashes across the screen. 

storm.jpg.657e818b6c0a694f5b503f58668bcd79.jpg2.jpg.b7bc49e9bd49ddebb3c25c92cae86e75.jpg

Lance: Fans, Saturday December 5th, the USWA will present it's biggest event of the year, WrestleStorm 2. I told you last week several cities have been vying to host the event. I understand the lucky city will be chosen within 2 weeks. Stay tuned for that big announcement. Switching gears. I just got word that the Sweet Ebony Express have been named the number one contenders to the USWA tag team titles. They're set for action right now. 

The Sweet Ebony Express vs. Sam Smith and Willie Lopez 

sbs.jpg.9023f833da9c58d561448486832071d7.jpgnorvell.jpg.10cafce443c43d063d6e1d9c7e53891d.jpg

Express are pumped up tonight and are gelling well. Norvell back drops Lopez then tags in Sugar. Sugar climbs to the top. Lopez staggers up and Sugar puts him down with a missile dropkick 1..2..3! 

The fans are up and cheering as the Express are celebrating.

WHAM! 

Express are attacked by Karachi Vice! They hurl Norvell out of the ring. Makhan hits a body splash on Sugar. Gama applies the camel clutch! Norvell gets on the apron but Makhan knocks him down with a massive forearm blast! Gama releases the hold then slaps Sugar across his face. Thundering boos as Karachi Vice head to the podium. 

Lance: Alright, just what was that all about? I mean come on! 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Makhan: You shut your mouth Russell and just listen to what the great Gama has to say! 

Gama: That was simply a message. Those two showboating clowns need to know what they're dealing with. We are the most dominant champions in wrestling history! Nobody has come close to defeating us! Nobody! And do we get any recognition or credit? No! There is no team in the USWA that we consider competition. And that includes those two boys we just took out in the ring. What were there names? 

Makhan: Doesn't matter! (Holds up his title belt) We're the only team that matters here! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, I'm standing here with Les Thornton and his man, the TV champion Tony St. Clair. Gentlemen what are your thoughts on facing the winner of tonight's match between Duke Myers and Timothy Flowers next week for your TV title? 

Thornton: Lance, for 4 months now, Tony St. Clair has proven why he's simply the best. He's defeated every opponent that's stepped in the ring with him. Tonight's outcome is meaningless. Whoever wins will just be another domino Mr. St. Clair knocks down. 

St. Clair: I concur. My skills are far superior to any other wrestler that it's unfair. Nobody is even close to my league and next week one of those two poor souls will find that out. Oh and Corporal Kirchner, don't think I haven't been listening to your remarks. 

Thornton: Kirchner, Mr. St. Clair would love to teach a brawler like you a wrestling lesson. In a short while he will do just that. Good luck to you Duke Myers and you Timothy Flowers. The winner will defiantly need it next week. 

Lance: ok, there you have it. Back to the ring. 

Porkchop Cash vs. Todd Rooney 

cash.jpg.853afb9e0d29379021ceecc772970eeb.jpg

Cash is feeling good tonight as he swings Rooney to the ropes and nails with a crossbody diving headbutt for the pin! 

Commercial Break 

Footage is shown from the Dunn Center as Leilani Kai introduces her new team the Super Samoans to the Medics. Samoans destroy the Medics and win the match. 

Lance: Ok, joining me now is Leilani Kai, Ripper Morgan and the Super Samoans. 

kai.jpg.163d907eb822f2dd70ef50fb95569617.jpg

Ripper is huffing around as Kai yanks him back with the chain. 

Kai: I came here to run this place and to do that you can't have a weak link. The Medics were our weak link and now they're gone. Selinga and Sakalia the Super Samoans are going to take the tag team scene by storm! We want to start by taking down a pure wrestling team. I'm talking about the Technicians. We want to prove that no matter how much vast wrestling knowledge they have, they can't compete with my cohesive unit. 

Kai pulls Ripper back again.

Kai: And where is Hercules Ayala? He's been MIA since Ripper gave him the beating of his life at Star Wars. Ayala found out that this beast is the real deal! Be smart Ayala and just stay home. Trust me, you don't want anymore of the true king of the mountain. 

Lance: A dangerous group indeed. Back to the ring.

Sunny War Cloud vs. Michael Killian 

warcloud.jpg.c14685e0d671135ee470d9f2ed47cc31.jpg

Sunny chops Killian in the corner then hip tosses him over. Sunny goes to the top rope. Killian staggers up and Sunny puts him down with a tomahawk chop for the win. The fans cheer as Sunny does a war dance and lets out a war cry. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome to the highest rated segment in wrestling today, the Beauty Shop. My guests tonight are a couple of tough hombres. I'm talking about none other than Gary Young and Joel Deaton, the Lone Stars! 

Boos as the Lone Stars come out. Deaton is carrying his bull rope and Young is holding a badge. 

deaton.jpg.459228aae9b85080d8cd8201c826a157.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Brenda: It's great to have a couple of real tough guys on my show. 

Deaton: Brenda, it's great to be here and to show you how much we respect you, Gary has something he would like to give you. 

Young: Brenda, as you know the Lone Stars represent justice. Texas justice. This here is an honorary US marshal badge and I would like to bestow it on a terrific law abiding citizen that is you. 

Brenda: Oh my I'm flattered and honored. 

Young pins it on her. 

Young: That looks great! 

Brenda: Thank you guys so much. I'm so glad the USWA has a team that enforces the law around here. 

Deaton: Which brings us to our next point. Grapplers! You boys are a disgrace to the USWA! You let outsiders come in here and destroy the place! Now, the Lone Stars have taken it upon ourselves to administer justice on you two masked degenerates. Now I know why you wear masks...it's to hide your shame! 

Young: Get ready Grapplers cuz Texas justice is coming down on you! 

Brenda: Alright, once again the Beauty Shop is where it all happens. Until next week tooooodles. 

Commercial Break  

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich w/ "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich vs. Arnie Goldstein 

Tommy wins the match with the Thesz Press. Afterwards, Johnny runs in and puts the boots to Goldstein for the fun of it. The Rich's are still laughing when they arrive at the podium.

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpgrich.jpg.01e6644ef20f5e33a3772ec1d8b14739.jpg 

Lance: Well boys, I have some news straight from Jerry Jarrett that might interest you. Jarrett heard the request of Matt Borne and Rip Oliver and thinks they're right. Johnny, since you like interfering so much, Jarrett has decided to reinstate you as a wrestler. 

The Rich's smiles turn to shocked speechless looks. 

Johnny: Wha..Wai...he, he, he can't do that! I'm a bodyguard now! 

Johnny puts his head down and covers his face. 

Tommy: This is a total abuse of power! He can't do this! 

Lance: Well he did and the two of you will be facing Borne and Oliver in a tag team match very shortly. 

Tommy: Jarrett! This isn't over! Don't worry Johnny, I'll take care of this.

Tommy puts his arm around Johnny and leads him out.

Lance: (Smiling) Looks like the Rich's are in for some comeuppance. Fans here's another look at the training of Mike George.

A video is shown with The Chambers Brothers song "Time has come today" playing as Mike George is in serious training. Mike is lifting weights, running in the desert, and sparring in a run down ring. Bob Brown appears on screen.

Brown: Next week, True Grit Mike George makes his return to the USWA and he's ready! 

The video ends with Mike George standing in the middle of the ring (wearing a black boxing robe with "True Grit" in yellow letters on the back) while the sun peaks through the dust. 

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon vs. Gary Williams 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Colon looks sharp tonight as he executes a shin breaker, then finishes Williams off with the figure four! Colon pumps his fists to the cheering fans then heads to the podium. 

Lance: Impressive win Carlos. I hate to ruin your night but Tiger Jeet Singh has sent in some comments that I thought you might want to hear. 

Singh is standing with crutches. 

singh.jpg.554ad768222c45ae2df06946658147d3.jpg

Singh: Colon! Look what you did to me! I want to tear you apart from limb to limb but I can't at this time. Consider yourself a lucky man but not to lucky. I want to see you suffer! I want pain inflicted on you! Right now I'm putting a 25,000 Dollar bounty on your head! This goes out to any wrestler in the world who puts Carlos Colon out of action! I want him begging for mercy but he is to have none! Colon! You are finished! 

Lance: I don't know what to say. Some very ominous words from Tiger Jeet Singh.

Colon: (takes a moment) This does not surprise me at all. Singh is a coward! He couldn't get the job done so now he wants others to do his dirty work. Let me send this message. If anybody thinks they're going to collect on me, they are sadly mistaking. And it will be a big mistake if they try! 

The fans cheer as Colon holds up his fist! 

Lance: Ok, Carlos wont be intimated. Our main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot next week 

Duke Myers vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers 

duke.jpg.f54bc561cfa7ff5c8d2585ec49c1b27d.jpgflowers.jpg.17b9f696296d45596d1eab4605e738a3.jpg

These guys have been feuding over the summer and it culminates tonight with a lot on the line. Myers is in the ring ready for action. Flowers gets in the ring wearing his studded robe and studded headband. He's yelling at the fans and doesn't hear the bell ring. Flowers turns around and Myers knocks his headband off and fires away. Myers tears Flowers robe off and then chokes him with it! The Ref gets control. Myers tosses the robe out of the ring. Myers swings Flowers to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Myers follows with a big elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Flowers rolls out of the ring.

Myers goes out after him. Flowers rolls back in the ring. Myers slides under the ropes but Flowers attacks him with a series of knee drops. Flowers grabs the top rope and chokes Myers with his boot. Flowers drags Myers in and stomps down on him. Flowers picks up Myers and suplexes him back. Flowers hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out! A frustrated Flowers chokes away on Myers. The Ref tries to break it and Flowers berates him. Flowers swings Myers to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Flowers picks up Myers and hits a rib breaker 1..2..Myers gets his shoulder up. An irate Flowers once again chokes Myers. Flowers picks up Myers and swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Myers runs forward and clotheslines Flowers down! 

Both men are trying to regroup. Both men stagger up, Myers grabs Flowers, hoists him up and delivers a Snake Eyes on the top turnbuckle. Flowers falls back and down. Myers hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop to the head 1..2..3!! 

Big Pop! 

The Ref raises Myers arm as Myers lifts both arms in sweet victory. 

Lance: Ok, Duke Myers certainly earned his shot at the TV title next week. That should be an outstanding match up. Also next week, Kevin Kelly will go one on one with Yoshiaki Yatsu. Mike George makes his long awaited return. Fans when we come back, we'll hear from the USWA champ Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Commercial Break 

Footage from Star Wars is shown as Terry Funk piledrives Jerry Lawler on the ringside table! 

Jerry Lawler is at home sitting on his couch wearing a neck brace. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler: For two weeks now all I have thought about was Terry Funk. Every time I turn my neck it reminds me of Terry Funk. Terry you made the mistake of not finishing the job. Now, I haven't been cleared to wrestle and I shouldn't be but that wont stop me from a fight with you Funk. That's exactly what I want...A fight! You and me, non sanctioned and when I say just you and me, I mean it. Let's do this in an empty arena. Just us and a Ref. The Ref's only job is to announce the winner. Now Terry, do you have the guts? 

Lance: I can't believe what I just heard...

Massive boos as Terry Funk storms out. 

funk.png.969ae8dd903d66ba64eac48d5846e467.png

Lance: Terry, you just heard the challenge. I'm not sure Lawler is thinking straight.

Funk: Of course he isn't! The man is a jackass! 

Lance: Alright, come on Terry, watch the language please. 

Funk: That son of a (beep) is out of his mind! 

Lance has a look of disgust. 

Funk: I'm not going to fall for Lawler's trap. I'm smarter than he is. I said I was here for two reasons. To put Lawler out of wrestling and take what he loves most, the USWA title. I'm not going to fight Lawler because there's nothing in it for me. So you go tell that stupid jackass that unless the title is on the line, I'm not going to play his childish games. You tell him that Lance! Tell him that! 

Funk storms out. 

Lance: I'm actually relieved. I think Lawler should wait until he's cleared before taking on Terry Funk. Well fans, what a night this has been. I'll see you next week. 

USWA House Shows 9-20 to 9-24

Roanne Fieldhouse, Mackey Arena, Indiana State College Arena 

Masanobu Fuchi defeats Trent Watkins with a bridging back suplex

Corporal Kirchner defeated "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino with the Fallaway Slam 

The Rock N Roll RPMs and The CEO's battled to a 10 minute draw and continued fighting after the match

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi defeated "Central States 6-Man Champ" Bruce Hart w/Arnold Skaaland. Skaaland tried to interfere but Siva knocked their heads together and followed with a jumping headbutt on Hart. 

"The Real Deal" Ripper Morgan w/Leilani Kai defeated Sunny War Cloud. Kai distracted Sunny and when he turned around Morgan nailed him with a big boot to the head

The Lone Stars defeated The Grapplers by DQ. As soon as the bell rang the Grapplers were all over the Lone Stars and wouldn't let the Ref get control. Finally the Ref called for the DQ. 

Terry Funk defeated Porkchop Cash. The Ref took a bump, Terry hit Cash with a chair then followed with a piledriver to get the win. 

Carlos Colon defeated Dr. Dream Machine (C) by DQ. Colon had Dream in the figure four when GOLDIE ROGERS hit the ring and attacked Colon! It appears the word has spread about the bounty Tiger Jeet Singh placed on Carlos Colon

Matt Borne/Rip Oliver and "The Wrecking Machine" DJ Peterson defeated Tommy "Wildfire" Rich/"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich and "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly

Johnny spent most of the match avoiding the action. In the end a pier six brawl breaks out. Oliver and Borne send Tommy out of the ring. Johnny is against the ropes begging for mercy as Borne and Oliver smile and walk towards him. The fans go crazy when Borne and Oliver get in some good shots but from the outside, Tommy yanks Johnny down, pulls him out of the ring and quickly takes him to the back. After that, DJ gets the pin on Kelly with the flying shoulder block from the top rope. 

Angry Grapplers want more of the L.O.D.... Oh Boy, I hope Len has something up his sleeve!!

Glad to see DJ talking about looking for gold. Enjoying him being in the mix!!

Sweet Ebony Express picks up another nice win, and apparently the champs feel like they are getting a little too much momentum. Karachi Vice with the big Pearl Harbor job and the Ebonies are laid out. I think I am excited for this feud!

Really like the dynamic you have with Thornton and St. Clair. They've certainly made the TV Title a bigger prize than it was before, and whoever manages to take it from them will be a made man.

Speaking of guys I'd like to see take it from him, nice win for Porkchop Cash!!

Leilani's stable is fantastic. More of your genius, as I'd have never thought to use her as a manager. She fits perfectly with these guys, and I look forward to seeing Morgan in the ring tearing shit up a whole lot more!

I really like The Lone Stars. Gary Young is a favorite of mine, and Deaton makes a great partner for him. Them feuding with The Grapplers is must see TV for me!

The Rich Cousins reaction to Johnny being reinstated was awesome, and not what I was expecting. I am stuper stoked for this feud as I mentioned before.

Gotta love a good old fashioned bounty!

Duke Myers huh..... I will be rooting for St. Clair!!

Great final segment with Funk and Lawler. These two could feud until the end of time and it would never get old.

Good looking house show loop, but man those final 4 matches sound like fun!!

Lone Stars and Grapplers already getting wild. This should be a good feud.

The Funker cheating to beat Porkchop would have certainly gotten the ire of the people up.

Goldie Rogers shows up looking for that bounty money, and Colon had better be on high alert....the word is out!!

Six man main event breaks down into chaos! Tommy and Johnny leaving Kelly high and dry is a fantastic way to end it. DJ gets a nice W, and the tag blood feud that is brewing, just keeps on brewing.

Great Stuff Dude!!

The Grapplers come out hot to start the show and want a piece of the Road Warriors.....this type of thing really helps make them believable babyfaces and I look forward to them getting another piece of the Road Warriors!

DJ Peterson is coming along well here in the USWA, I look forward to seeing where it leads for him.

I really like the combination of the Sweet Ebony Express and I'm excited to see them in the tag title picture.....but are they prepared for what the Karachi Vice is going to throw at them??

I love the reaction of Tommy/Johnny Rich to the reinstatement....this is going to be a fun feud!

The bounty angle is perfect for Singh/Colon.....I can't wait to see who all comes out of the woodwork to try and collect!

You've got Funk's promo down to a science....I could hear every word of Lawler/Funk/Lance in my head reading that closing segment....awesome job!

Very solid house show loop....LOVE the main event!

Great shows.  Sorry, I have not commented much lately.

Great opening with the Grapplers angry with Jarrett about his decision to move on from the Road Warriors.

Like how the Tommy Rich and Johnny Rich dup keeps evolving.

The Super Samoans with Lelani is a perfect duo.  Sakalia will put em down with his power and Tui will fly like Snuka!

Great interviews with Lawler and Funk

Can't wait for WrestleStorm II

USWA TV @ The Civic Center Knoxville TN 9-25-85

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Big show lined up as Tony St. Clair defends his TV title against Duke Myers, Central States Champ, Dr. Dream Machine will be in action. Kevin Kelly goes one on one with Yoshiaki Yatsu. The hard hitting team of Matt Borne and Rip Oliver will be in the ring. And Mike George makes his long awaited in ring return. All that and a lot more. Last week we heard Jerry Lawler challenge Terry Funk to a non sanctioned match in an empty arena. Terry Funk said he wouldn't fight Lawler unless the title was on the line. Well, earlier in the week Lawler gave his response and here it is. 

Jerry Lawler is at his home wearing a neck brace. 

Lawler: You know, I knew Terry Funk being the coward that he is would come up with an excuse. Well Funk, I'll tell you what. You accept this challenge to fight me and if you manage to beat me, then not only will I give you a title shot but I'll let you pick the stipulation. I wouldn't get to excited. Fair warning Funk, if you show up for the fight, there is no way you're coming out on top. It's payback time! 

Back Live

Lance: Fans, I've been told that Terry Funk has accepted the challenge. On that note I want to bring out the owner of the USWA, Jerry Jarrett. 

Jarrett walks out and shakes Lance's hand. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. As you know I will not sanction this match because Jerry Lawler has yet to be medically cleared for action. Once again, to be clear this match will be a NON sanctioned match. However, the USA network wants to present this match as a televised special. They will take full responsibility and will make certain trainers and EMTs will be on standby outside the building. The match will be shown on Thursday October 9th at 8pm from the Roanne Fieldhouse. The only people that will be inside the arena that night will be Lawler, Funk, the cameraman, a referee and you Lance. The Ref's only job will be to declare a winner. And as Lawler mentioned, if Funk wins, then he will get a USWA title shot and pick the stipulation. Lance, I think we both agree this isn't a good idea but....

Boos as Terry Funk storms out.

Funk: Lance, I told you and all these idiots that I was smarter than Lawler and this proves it. It was just to easy. Jerry "The Jackass" Lawler is the stupidest man alive. Jerry Jarrett, listen up and listen closely. After I get through with Lawler there will be nothing left of him. He wont be able to defend the title against me at a later date. So when that happens the title will be forfeited to me...right? 

Jarrett: It would appear so. If that did indeed happens. 

Funk: You see! It's all coming together. Lawler! On October 8th we might be in an empty arena but millions of viewers are going to watch me beat the hell out of you. I'm going to put you down like the dirty egg sucking dog that you are! Finally! Finally, I get to finish off that jackass once and for all! And then I will reign supreme as the USWA champion! 

Funk storms off as Jarrett and Lance are left speechless. 

Commercial Break 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Vic Dutro 

kircner.jpg.093c3f88514003847fa0f1c773f92a79.jpg

Kirchner is in full patriotic mode as he waves the American Flag to the cheering fans. 

Kirchner hits Dutro will a short arm clothesline then hoists him up and executes a Fireman's Carry Slam for the pin! 

Kirchner cuts a promo and says he'll be watching the TV title match very closely and wants a shot with the winner. 

Commercial Break 

The Super Samoans w/Leilani Kai vs. Trent Watkins and Sam Smith 

Samoans just destroy their opponents. The end comes when Sakalia hits a Samoan Drop on Watkins, then tags in Tui. Tui hits a flying elbow off the top rope for the pin! Smith runs in to help his partner. Kai instructs her men to do damage. They hammer away on Smith, swing him to the ropes and put him down with a double superkick! 

Kai cuts a promo and reminds everybody that even a superb wrestling team like the Technicians can't compete with what everybody just saw! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from a house show is shown as Goldie Rogers attacks Carlos Colon during his Central States title match with Dr. Dream Machine. 

Goldie Rogers vs. Willie Lopez 

goldie.jpg.130d871108888260affe746968dd1b78.jpg

Rogers spends a lot of time yelling at the fans while choking Lopez. Rogers slams Lopez then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a double stomp to the mid section for the pin. Boos as Rogers struts to the podium. 

Lance: Well it looks like Goldie Rogers is back and I'm pretty sure why you're here.

Rogers: It's simply. For the money Jack! Tiger Jeet Singh is offering up a lot of money to put Colon down and I'm just the man to do it. Colon! I'm coming for you and I'm coming to collect Jack! 

Lance: Ok, I understand that bounty match will take place this weekend. I don't think it will be as easy as Goldie thinks. We'll be right back. 

Commercial Break 

"The Japanese Fury" Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly 

yatsu.jpg.909cf588862a2a46c349b76e485b38da.jpgkevin.jpg.9fa593efaabd78563274a6a6b959d5e6.jpg

See saw match for the first few minutes as Yatsu uses some hard striking offense while Kelly pulls out his power. Kelly takes control with a cheap shot. Kelly hits a delayed vertical suplex but instead of covering he gives the fans a double bicep pose. Kelly picks up Yatsu and tries to clamp on his full nelson but Yatsu elbows him several times then swings him to the ropes and nails him with a kick to the mid section and follows with a gut wrench suplex. Yatsu picks up Kelly and is ready to give him the Sitout Powerbomb but somebody hits the ring and nails Yatsu from behind! The man stomps away and drops several elbows. The man helps Kelly up and they double team Yatsu. They double suplex him. Kelly clamps on the full nelson while the other man slaps Yatsu several times across the face. Kelly spins Yatsu around and tosses him across the ring. 

The fans boo as the two men head to the podium. 

Lance: Ok, I know who this man is...

Kelly: (Smiling) Hold on a second Lance. This man deserves a proper introduction and I'm going to give it to him. This man is Nick Kiniski! And this man is my new tag team partner! That's right. You're looking at the perfect combination. Nick Kiniski is a wrestling machine and with his skills along with my power we cant be beat. You people are looking at The Magnificent Ones! 

174517854_nickk.jpg.5a9669fcc5f23252a84fe69b900aa21f.jpg

Kiniski: Kev, I'm so glad you called me. Together we're going to dominate the tag team division and we're going to get the gold baby! This is going to be...magnificent! 

Kelly: Ha Ha! I love it! See ya Lance. 

Lance: (pauses)  I don't believe it. We'll be back

Commercial Break 

The Technicians vs. Harold Helms and Todd Rooney 

Technicians put on a wrestling display then start working Rooney's shoulder. Roop executes a shoulder breaker then tags in Rheingans. Roop has Rooney in an arm bar as Rheingans comes off the top rope with a knee to the shoulder for the pin! 

Lance: A nice win for the team of Bob Roop and Brad Rheingans, come on over. I'm sure you've heard the challenge made by Leilani Kai and the Super Samoans. 

Rheingans: For some reason they've targeted us. Well that's ok because regardless of what they think, our skills will put them down. 

Roop: Not only do we have the wrestling skills but we can fight as well. And it looks like the Samoans are going to find that out. Bring them on! 

Commercial Break 

A commercial is shown with the Rolling Stones song "Gimmie Shelter" playing. The words WrestleStorm 2 flash across the screen. 

storm.jpg.657e818b6c0a694f5b503f58668bcd79.jpg

Lance: Fans, Saturday night December 5th, broadcasted on closed circuit TV throughout all the USWA arenas. The USWA will present its biggest event of the year WrestleStorm 2. Many cities have been vying to host this tremendous event. I'm pleased to say, next week we will announce the special location. Switching gears, at this time I would like to officially welcome our new affiliate in Texas, All-Star Wrestling. I know they have some good things going on down there and the USWA is very happy to be associated with them. Ok, let's go back to the ring for the return of Mike George. 

"True Grit" Mike George w/Bulldog Bob Brown vs. Roy Glader 

george.jpg.6f2770b0d23e107773fd89126ba18475.jpgbrown.jpg.f9bcbd88853df8a58e0748125fc78142.jpg

Brown is wearing a black sweatshirt with "True Grit" spelled on the back. George comes out wearing a black boxing robe with "True Grit" in yellow letters on the back. George has his hood up. Brown takes the hood back and gives George some words of encouragement. 

The bell rings and George is all over Glader. George back drops Glader then hoists him up and suplexes him back. George picks up Glader and atomic drops him into the turnbuckles. Glader hits hard and staggers back. George grabs him and executes a Russian Legsweep for the pin! The fans cheer as Brown runs in and holds up George's arm. They head to the podium.

Lance: Mike, welcome back. Tremendous win. Bob, it looks like your training has really paid off.

Bob: Mike George is going to show everybody what I already know. He's a winner! 

George: It was a long road but Bob brought me back and reminded me how much I love this sport. I...

Boos as Arnold Skaaland and the Elite (Gagne, Hart, Sammartino) come out. All of them start clapping. 

arnold.jpg.b6dc13718a5096bb00d2db357e2e73e2.jpg

Lance: Wait a minute. We don't want any trouble. This is Mike's time.

Skaaland: Relax Lance. My 6-man Champions just wanted to come out and congratulate Mike on his return. 

More clapping, smiling and nodding by the Elite. 

Skaaland: And Bob, way to go. I mean I gave up on this loser, oh wait I'm sorry, this winner. (Elite start laughing) but you didn't. I mean you took this pathetic washed up has been and actually got him to win a match. You should get an award for that. He'll never be a champion like my men here but hey at least he's got some guts. 

Bob: Tell you what Arnie. How about one of your Elite take on Mike next week? I mean I just want to see if my guy can hang with an Elite wrestler. What do you say? 

Arnold and the Elite have a good laugh then huddle up. They all nod in agreement. 

Skaaland: Bob, you're on. Mike can have a match with David. 

David holds up his 6 man title in front of Mike and points to it. 

David: You sure you're ready for this? (Smiles) I would just hate to send you back into depression. (Yet another Elite group laugh) 

Mike: I don't know kid but let's just see what I can do. 

Skaaland: Yea you go get him Mike. 

Skaaland and the Elite walk out holding their titles high with extreme arrogance.

Bob: Trust me Lance, my guy is ready. 

Commercial Break 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver vs. Carl Kellerman and Ty Jenkins 

Oliver nails Jenkins with a forearm blast from the top rope then tags in Borne. Borne climbs to the top rope and hits the Bomb's Away for the easy pin! The fans cheer as they head to the podium. 

Lance: I know you boys are happy that Johnny Rich has been reinstated and I know you will lock up with the Rich's this weekend. 

Oliver: Good old Johnny Boy has been reluctant to get in the ring since he's been reinstated but now he's got to face the music. I've been waiting a long time for this!

Borne: Rich boys! You're in a lot of trouble! These fists are going to put some dents in those heads of yours! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans last week we heard Jerry Jarrett address the situation between the Road Warriors and Grapplers. MACW has suspended the Road Warriors but the Grapplers still want them in the ring. I understand next week Jerry Jarrett will once again address the situation. Speaking of tag teams...

Boos as The CEOs come out wearing suits, sunglasses and carrying briefcases. 

Lance: Hold on, the RPMS were scheduled for this time not you. 

Crews: When your a CEO you don't need to schedule anything. People schedule appointments to speak with us not the other way around. 

Timbs: We run a multi billion dollar company and people want to hear what we have to say. They don't want to listen to a nickel and dime team like the RPMS. 

Crews: We already taught those petty punks a lesson and now that were done with those underachievers it's time we get some gold. 

WHAM!!!

The RPMS come out and unload on the CEOs! The sunglasses and briefcases go flying as the RPMs hammer away on the CEOs. The RPMs rip off the CEOs suit jackets and choke them with them. The fans cheer as the RPMs pick up the sunglasses and put them on then strut out of there. 

Commercial Break  

The camera zooms in on the pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down on Brenda Britton. 

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the beauty shop. My guests tonight are the number one contenders to the USWA tag team titles. Please welcome to my show the Sweet Ebony Express.

Big pop as Sugar and Norvell come out with focused looks. 

sbs.jpg.9023f833da9c58d561448486832071d7.jpgnorvell.jpg.10cafce443c43d063d6e1d9c7e53891d.jpg

Brenda: Now right off the bat, I have to say I don't think you guys are ready for the Karachi Vice. Last week they obliterated you on national TV. Do you really know what you're dealing with? 

Sugar: Hey! Karachi Vice wants to get down! They want to get ruthless! Well Brenda baby, the Sweet Ebony Express are ready to get down and ruthless! 

Norvell: They did a job on us yea but they attacked from behind. They wont be able to handle what we got in store for them. No way! No how! Karachi Vice! We're coming after you! 

Sugar: And we're coming for the titles! 

Brenda: Alright, there you have it. Not my best guests but at least they have some energy. I think the Karachi Vice are going to remain champions. You heard it here first. Until next week toooooodles! 

Commercial Break 

There's a scene by a swimming pool. Several ladies are rubbing lotion on a man. The man takes off his hat and sunglasses, smiles and looks into the camera.

"It's great to be the Vin Man Vinnie Valentino...Yea!"

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Back to the arena

Central States Champ Dr. Dream Machine vs. Michael Paul 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream squashes Paul and finishes him off with 3 consecutive elbow drops for the pin! 

Lance: Another win for 

Dream holds his title in front of Lance's face. 

Dream: Another great win for Dr. Dream Machine babay! Oh Lance, I've been on such a roll since I sent Dicky Boy Slater packing! 

Lance: Dick Slater is currently on a tour in Japan. 

Dream: A tour? That boy is running so scared he had to travel across the world to be away from me. I gave Dicky boy the whip'n of his pathetic life and trust me, he'll never show his ugly face here again! And for anybody who wants to try and take this Central States title, well just remember what I did to Dicky Boy. 

Lance: I wish I knew what went on inside that mask of his. Our TV title match when we return. 

Commercial Break 

TV Title Bout 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair (C) w/Les Thornton vs. Duke Myers 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpgduke.jpg.f54bc561cfa7ff5c8d2585ec49c1b27d.jpg

Tony starts off with a few arm drags and hip tosses. He rubs his hands and points to Myers as if to say this is the best he has to offer. Thornton hops on the apron and shakes Tony's hand. Tony turns around and Myers blasts him with some forearm shots, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Tony rolls out of the ring and Les quickly attends to him. The fans cheer as Myers raises his fist. 

Tony hops on the apron. Myers runs over and nails him with a punch then suplexes him back into the ring and covers 1..2..kick out. Myers hits a backbreaker, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..(Les puts Tony's foot on the rope) The Ref sees it and stops the count. He questions Les but Les denies everything. Myers swings Tony into the corner and charges in but Tony moves. Myers hits hard shoulder first. Tony regroups. Tony swings Myers to the ropes and does a sommersault/headbutt to the mid section. Tony picks up Myers and vertical suplexes him back 1..2..Kick Out. Tony swings Myers to the ropes and nails him with a heels first drop kick 1..2..Kick out. A frustrated Tony yells at the Ref. Tony hoists Myers up for a suplex but Myers blocks it and suplexes Tony back. Both men are down.

Myers slowly gets up, grabs Tony, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Myers hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop. Les hops on the apron and yells at Myers. Myers runs over and grabs Les by his collar. The fans are cheering. Myers raises his fist and sends Les flying with a right punch. Tony staggers up, runs over and nails Myers with a high knee to the back. Tony picks up Myers and executes his floating butterfly suplex 1..2..3! 

Boos as the Ref hands Tony the TV title. Tony exits the ring, helps Les up then raises the TV title as the fans boo. 

Lance: Tony St. Clair retains the TV title. With Les Thornton by his side, it will be a tough task taking that title from him. Fans, next week Mike George takes on David Sammartino. Sunny War Cloud goes one on one with Timothy Flowers. Gerry Morrow returns from his vacation. "The Surge" Scott Doring will make his USWA debut. News concerning the Road Warriors and Grapplers. And we'll hear more comments from Jerry Lawler and Terry Funk regarding their upcoming Empty Arena match that will be shown here on the USA Network. I'll see ya next week. 

Loving The Funker as always! Looking forward to the empty arena match. Should be good and violent!

Kirchner is on quite a role, and if St. Clair retains, a good old fashioned USA vs foreigner feud for the TV Title might draw nicely for you.

Kai's Samoans are proving far more effective than The Medics!

You've already made me a Goldie Rogers fan, I love it when people add Jack to a sentence. I seriously wish I could incorporate it into real life!

Nice work on putting The Magnificent Ones together. Another fantastic team for your already stacked tag team division.

Speaking of which, loving The Technicians. Roop is a guy I am really only discovering recently, and the more I see, the more I enjoy him.

Looking forward to Wrestlestorm, and thanks for the props! Happy to be part of the team!

"True Grit" is certainly a better nickname than "The Timekeeper" but he'd better find some backup if he is going to tussle with The Elite.

As I keep stating, I am super stoked for the Borne/Oliver vs Rich Cousins feud. This has potential to be epic.

I am probably the only person rooting for the CEO's over the RPM's! Never did like those third rate knock offs!

The pairing of Sugar and Norvell is awesome, I really hope they give Karachi Vice a run for their money. I also love the Beauty Shop. You've made Brenda into something fun as hell.

When Dicky Slater comes back from Japan, Dream Machine had better make himself scarce, or he may be in a whole lot of trouble!!

Awesome, awesome main event. St. Clair with Thornton is a great act and just perfect for the mid-card title scene. Loving this reign.

WOW... so excited for the empty arena match with Lawler and Funk.  Just like back in the day at the Mid South Coliseum!

And the tag team division gets deeper and deeper as we add the Kinisks to the mix.  I'm all in with the Samoans and Cash and SBS even in Brenda thinks the Karachi Vice are going over!

Bob Brown and Mike George better watch there backs with the Elite

Wondering what Jarrett will say about the Grapplers and Road Warriors.... some how, I think he will make a business decision.

Wildfire and Johnny better be on their toes... Oliver aint no joke!

Dream Machine better hope Slater is gone and not on tour in Japan.

Vin Man continues to get some love!

USWA House Shows 9-26 to 9-30

Johnson City Memorial Center, Louisville Gardens, Rupp Arena 

The Super Samoans w/Leilani Kai vs. The Technicians 

Very hard hitting match to start the show. As the Ref was guiding Roop back to his corner, Kai trips Rheingans and he stumbles into a Samoan Drop by Sakalia for the pin! 

Masanobu Fuchi vs. Nick Kiniski w/Kevin Kelly 

Kelly and his new partner Kiniski did a number on Yoshiaki Yatsu so it's only fitting Fuchi is Kiniski's opponent tonight. Kiniski's chest is beet red after Fuchi tears it up with palm strikes. Kelly cant take it anymore and runs in the ring to attack Fuchi. The Ref signals for the DQ. The Magnificent Ones do another double team job then leave to thundering boos. 

Porkchop Cash vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers

Flowers gets a lot of heat as he antagonizes the fans throughout the match. Flowers controls a majority of the match. He makes the mistake of arguing to long with the Ref. When he turns around, Cash swings off the ropes and nails him with the cross body/headbutt for the win! 

Central States 6-Man Title Bout 

The Elite (C) w/Arnold Skaaland vs. The RPMS and "The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab 

Pretty exciting match as both teams are on their A game tonight. At the 20 minute mark the Ref takes a bump. Bassarab hits a flying leg drop on Hart and has him covered. From out of the crowd, the CEOs (wearing suits) hit the ring and attack the RPMS! The CEOs double DDT both RPMS then head out. The Elite throw Bassarab out of the ring, then help the Ref up. Gagne covers Davis as the Ref counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOOOO

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. "The Real Deal" Ripper Morgan w/Leilani Kai 

I'm sure Leilani Kai wants some revenge on Afi after he won the feud with Tui Selinga. Afi takes the fight to Morgan with slams, headbutts and chops. A frustrated Kai sets Morgan's chain on the apron then hops up and distracts the Ref. Afi goes over as Morgan picks up the chain. With Kai still distracting the Ref, Afi is nailed from behind with the chain. Morgan tosses the chain then drops a knee on Afi. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! 

Bounty Match 

Carlos Colon vs. Goldie Rogers 

Goldie seems very confident as he struts around the ring. The fans go wild as Colon runs to the ring and unloads on Rogers! Colon is merciless as he gives Rogers the beating of his life before making him submit to the figure four! Tiger Jeet Singh might need to raise the bounty. 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

Karachi Vice (C) vs. The Sweet Ebony Express 

Express are on fire early as Norvell puts the fists to Karachi Vice while Sugar frustrates them with his high flying offense. Karachi Vice comes back and controls the segment with cohesive teamwork along with breaking a number of rules. Tide turns again as Norvell cleans house. Norvell knocks Makhan off the apron then slams Gama down. Norvell tags in Sugar. Sugar goes to the top. Gama staggers up and Sugar nails him with the missile dropkick 1..2..Makhan breaks it. Norvell unloads on Makhan. The Ref guides Norvell back to his corner. Makhan drops a leg on Sugar's head then drapes Gama over him. The Ref runs over 1..2..NO! Norvell drops an elbow on Gama. Makhan runs over but Norvell is up and pummels Makhan as the bell rings. Time has expired. A DRAW! After a minute, Karachi Vice try to attack the Express from behind but the Express were ready and knock the champs out of the ring! 

Dr. Dream Machine (C) vs. "The Wrecking Machine" DJ Peterson 

DJ has earned himself some Central States title matches on the loop and has impressed a lot of fans by nearly winning the title on several occasions. Tonight is no different as the crowd is sensing a title change. At the 15 minute mark DJ is making a thundering comeback. DJ hammers away on Dream, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. While DJ is climbing the ropes, Dream reaches in his tights and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles. Dream staggers up. DJ comes flying with his shoulder block but Dream punches him in the air with the brass knuckles! DJ goes down. Dream just falls on top 1..2..3! Dream retains. 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich 

What a main event! These guys give the fans one epic fight. Johnny gets the worst of it as his head is a bloody mess by the 10 minute mark. By the 45 minute mark, everybody is bleeding. Oliver has Johnny in the corner, hops on the middle ropes and just unloads on Johnny's bloody head as the fans count along. Tommy runs in and hits Oliver from behind. Borne runs in and him and Tommy end up fighting through the ropes. Tommy cheap shots Borne then grabs a chair but Borne runs over and tackles him. Borne grabs the chair and blasts Tommy over the head! Inside the ring, Oliver slams Johnny. Borne runs up the ropes and crashes down on Johnny with the Bombs Away! Borne picks up Johnny and holds him while Oliver comes off the top rope with a flying clothesline 1..2..3! BIG POP! 

Funk has Lawler right where he wants him....or does he?  Looking forward to this Empty Arena match....I know I say this every week but you've got Funk down perfect!

I think Kirchner would have fared better in real life in a southern promotion like this....just seems to fit!

I've seen very little of Goldie Rogers over the years but he's off to a good start here in the USWA, I'm enjoying his antics so far.

I like the team of Kevin Kelly and Kiniski, I think a partner will serve Kelly well as this stage of his career....I liked them in the AWA back in the day with Madusa as their manager

The Technicians are a team that the Karachi Vice better keep an eye on....I could see titles in their future for sure!

I really like the team of Borne/Oliver and I can imagine these battles with the Richs are going to get bloody!

Unlike Blehschmidt, I liked the team of Mike Davis/Tommy Lane....but really think they could have used a much better gimmick than being a heel knockoff of the Rock & Roll Express/Midnight Rockers. I look forward to seeing what the CEOs have in store for them!

The Sweet Ebony Express is the tag team I never knew I always wanted to see! I'm enjoying them so far and they might just upset the champs! We shall see.....

Dr. Dream Machine sent Slater packing.....for now......I'll be interested to see how big Dr. Dream talks if Slater makes it back from Japan!

On to Rupp Arena!

Super Samoans get what I consider an upset over the Technicians!

Well....it got him DQ'd but the Magnificent Ones are already showing some nice team work.

Porkchop gets a nice win over Timothy Flowers

The Elite hold on to the 6 man tag titles which I can imagine got a ton of heat

Ripper Morgan continues to impress here in the USWA with a big win over Afi

Poor Goldie.....maybe the bounty isn't worth it after all...

Time limit draw but the Sweet Ebony Express are left standing tall in the ring.....I look forward to a rematch!

Dr. Dream Machine cheats his way to victory but Peterson looks super impressive even in defeat

Great Main Event that I'm sure sent the fans home happy!!

Great stuff as always bud!

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 10-2-85

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Great night of action in store for you. Mike George takes on David Sammartino of the Elite. Sunny War Cloud clashes with Timothy Flowers. We'll see the debut of The Surge Scott Doring. Gerry Morrow, the Lone Stars, Ben Bassarab, the Magnificent Ones and Johnny Rich will all be in action tonight. I'll be speaking with Carlos Colon. Jerry Jarrett will be here to address us on the Road Warriors, Grapplers situation. Well fans, this Thursday Night, the USA Network will televise a special broadcast of the Jerry Lawler, Terry Funk empty arena match from the Roanne Fieldhouse. The match will be non sanctioned however Lawler has promised that if Funk wins the match he will not only get a title shot but he will be allowed to pick the stipulation. On that note let's hear from Jerry Lawler at his home and then I'll be speaking with Terry Funk. 

Jerry Lawler is standing in front of his house still wearing a neck brace. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler: It's been a month since that spineless coward Terry Funk put me through a table with his piledriver. Here I am still wearing this thing (Pointing at his neck brace). Now I know a lot of people think I'm crazy for doing this and maybe I am. Hell, the USWA wont even sanction this, but this isn't about anything except me wanting to fight Terry Funk, plain and simple! Just you and me Funk! Nobody else. And believe me I'm coming to fight and pound you to the ground and then put your head through the floor. Then when I'm done I'm going to beat you up again and again and again! Terry Funk, Thursday you're mine! 

Lance: Ok, a very determined Jerry Lawler

Boos as Terry Funk bursts on the scene.

funk.png.5cf1ed7856415855393878b9fac40059.png

Funk: Lance, Lance, Lance, this Thursday Night millions of viewers are going to witness the end of Jerry The Jackass Lawler! But Lance you get to witness it live and get to commentate on the destruction of that Jackass. Once that happens he will have to forfeit his beloved title to me because he wont make it to another match. I can't wait! Thursday night is the moment I've been waiting for. I'm going to destroy Jerry Lawler! I'm going to get that title and when I'm done with all that I'm going to break his crown just for the fun of it! 

Lance: Ok fans, that comes to you this Thursday here on the USA Network. It's the showdown we've all been waiting for. And that's going to be a fight. We'll be back. 

Commercial Break 

"The Electrifying" Ben Bassarab vs. Gary Williams 

The fans are up and cheering as Bassarab is flying all over the place. Bassarab hits a snap suplex, runs up to the top rope and crashes down with a flying leg drop for the pin! 

Lance: Ben, come on over. Another impressive win and I know why they call you electrifying. 

Ben: Thank you Lance. I've been rising the USWA rankings for a few months and I haven't backed down from a challenge. I'm charged up and always running on high octane. 

The fans cheer as Ben raises his fist and smiles.

Lance: I really like this kid. We'll be back

Commercial Break 

The Magnificent Ones vs. Sam Smith and Vic Dutro 

Last week Kevin Kelly introduced Nick Kiniski as his new partner right after they beat up Yoshiaki Yatsu. 

Tonight we defiantly know why Kelly chose Kiniski. They are gelling well and prove to be a very cohesive unit. The end comes when Kiniski dropkicks Dutro into Kelly's full nelson. The Ref signals for the bell. Kelly swings Dutro around then tosses him. Kiniski grabs Smith and the Magnificent Ones double suplex him. The fans boo as the Magnificent Ones celebrate.

The fans roar as Yoshiaki Yatsu and Masanobu Fuchi hit the ring and hammer away on the Magnificent Ones! The Magnificent Ones bail out of the ring. Yatsu and Fuchi want more. The Magnificent Ones just point and yell as we go to a commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, Yatsu and Fuchi show the Magnificent Ones they're ready for a fight. The tag team division is really heating up here and because of that I understand in a couple weeks there will be an announcement regarding the Central States Tag Titles. Speaking of titles, my guests at this time are Les Thornton and the reigning TV champ Tony St. Clair. Welcome gentlemen. I must say Mr. St. Clair has had a firm grip on that title for nearly 6 months. I've been told that the next challenger in line will be Corporal Kirchner. Your thoughts?

Thornton: My thoughts? Corporal Kirchner is nothing but a typical American bar room brawler. He's nowhere near the caliber of Tony St. Clair. Tony St. Clair is going to teach that brawling patriotic buffoon a wrestling lesson he'll never forget. And Lance, don't you forget that this man is simply the best.

St. Clair: I concur with everything Les just said. I am truly a wrestling genius. My skills are far more superior than Kirchner's. Simply put, he doesn't have a chance. It will just be a sad day for all these American fans. 

Thornton: Good day Lance

Lance: Two very confident men. Back to the ring as Gerry Morrow has returned from vacation. 

"Champagne" Gerry Morrow vs. Todd Rooney 

Morrow does look well rested as he works over Rooney. Morrow finishes things off with the Sleeper. Boos as Morrow arrogantly strolls to the podium with a bottle of champagne. 

Morrow pours himself a glass, holds it up, smiles, nods to Lance and drinks it down. 

Morrow: AAAAHHHH very good. Did you miss me Lance? I'm feeling fine and while I was in Cabo I came up with an agenda. I want the title. 

Lance: Which title are you referring to? 

Morrow: A man such as myself wants the greatest title. I am referring to the USWA title. I know the so called King has his hands full right now but rest assured I will get my title match because a man such as myself always gets what he wants. And when I win that title, I will have a bottle of my best champagne and you and I will enjoy a toast. 

Commercial Break 

Sunny War Cloud vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers 

warcloud.jpg.c14685e0d671135ee470d9f2ed47cc31.jpgflowers.jpg.17b9f696296d45596d1eab4605e738a3.jpg

Very even match up. Sunny brings out his chops, slams and back drops while Flowers bends the rules with chokes, boot rakes and eye gouges. Things get heated as they have a furious exchange and fight through the ropes. The Ref counts to 10 and signals for the bell but they keep fighting. The bell keeps ringing but the fists keep flying. They fight into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Oh my we just witnessed quite a match between War Cloud and Flowers....

Flowers comes to the podium. 

Flowers: What was that!? Can you believe that guy Lance! Sunny War Cloud is nothing but a savage! A wild animal! That injun doesn't know who he's messing with. When I get done with him his name will be Crying Cloud because I'm going to hurt him bad. Like I say, I'm like the mailman and I always deliver! 

Lance: Ok well, back to the ring. 

The Lone Stars vs. Arnie Goldstein and Willie Lopez 

deaton.jpg.459228aae9b85080d8cd8201c826a157.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Young and Deaton are ruthless tonight as they give their opponents a beating and win the match with a vicious double clothesline! 

Lone Stars cut a promo and warn the Grapplers that they're not done with them! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome to the number one segment in the wrestling world, the Beauty Shop. Now tonight is a very special show because my guest is none other than the USWA owner himself Jerry Jarrett. 

Jarrett comes out and shakes Brenda's hand. 

Jarrett: Pleasure to be here Miss Britton. 

Brenda: Oh I know it is. Now, as you and everybody knows, I'm the one who gets all the inside scoops. So I want the answer Mr. Jarrett. Are you going to sign the match between the Grapplers and the Road Warriors? I mean, don't you remember what the Road Warriors did to this place? Don't you remember that they put the true superhero Steve O out of commission? Are you really going to let them get away with all that? I want to know! 

Jarrett: Just relax Brenda. There was a lot involved in this. I needed time to think and yes I will sign the match. The Grapplers will wrestle the Road Warriors at the Jackson Coliseum on Saturday October 17th. There will be extra security on hand that night....

Cheers as the Grapplers come out! 

Grappler 1: You did the right thing Jarrett and you wont need extra security because the Grapplers will handle the Road Warriors! 

Grappler 2: That's right! Road Warriors! We're coming for you boys! 

Brenda: (SCREAMS) 

Jarrett gets away as the Lone Stars run out and attack the Grapplers! They put the boots to them. Deaton chokes Grappler 1 with his bull rope as Young slams Grappler 2 then starts kicking Grappler 1 while Deaton chokes him! 

Prelim wrestlers run out to break it up. The Lone Stars get in a few more shots before leaving. As the wrestlers tend to the Grapplers, Brenda picks up her mic. 

Brenda: You boys have more to worry about. (Deep breath) Until next week toooodles. 

Commercial Break 

"The Surge" Scott Doring vs. Carl Kellerman 

doring.jpg.d721bce5de823df00548367a8861b985.jpg

Doring comes to the ring and the fans are impressed with his muscled powerhouse look. 

The bell rings, Doring clotheslines Carl, picks him up, swings him to the ropes and hits a powerslam for the quick win! 

Lance: What a debut for the Surge Scott Doring. He might of just set a USWA record for the fastest pin. I'm going to get a word with him. 

Lance walks over but Doring just looks at him and walks away then pushes the camera out of his way. 

Lance: It looks like he wasn't in the mood to talk tonight. Well fans as you know on Saturday Night, December 5th, the USWA will present it's biggest event of the year, WrestleStorm 2. Many cities have been vying to host the spectacular event. It's my privilege to announce that WrestleStorm 2 will take place at the Mid South Coliseum in Memphis Tennessee. Now don't you fans worry because the event will be broadcasted on closed circuit at all of the USWA arenas. What a tremendous night that will be. 

Commercial Break 

"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich vs. Scott Franks  

Tommy Rich is on commentary with Lance as Johnny works Scott over. Johnny's head is bandaged up from his matches with Borne and Oliver. Johnny picks Franks up and hits a Snake Eyes on the top turnbuckle to win the match. Boos as Johnny joins his cousin at the podium. 

Tommy: Great job Johnny! You know something Lance. Jerry Jarrett is a jerk for what he did. Johnny hadn't been in the ring for months and Jerk Jarrett reinstates him and immediately puts him in the ring with those boneheads Borne and Oliver. No tune ups or anything. Well listen up Jerk. Johnny is tuned up and ready to go. The Rich's are stronger than ever and those two boneheads better be ready because we're going to finish what we started. 

Johnny: You boys are going to get a first class Rich beating!  

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, I've just been informed that next week's main event will be Karachi Vice defending the USWA Tag Titles against The Sweet Ebony Express! Wow what a main event. Now before we get to tonight's main event I want to speak with Carlos Colon. Carlos, Goldie Rogers went for the bounty but came up short. Are you worried about others who might collect on Tiger Jeet Singh's bounty? 

Colon: I must admit this isn't how I want things to be. It's not fun always looking over my shoulder. However, that coward Tiger Jeet Singh will not get rid of me. I don't care who tries to collect. I will be ready for anything and anybody who is thinking about collecting better think twice! 

Lance: Carlos Colon everybody. Our main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

"True Grit" Mike George w/"Bulldog" Bob Brown vs. Central States 6-Man Champ David Sammartino w/Arnold Skaaland 

george.jpg.6f2770b0d23e107773fd89126ba18475.jpgsammartino.jpg.8809fc0a45f28d7527f0739b7f0e06ae.jpg

All the Elite members are present. The fans cheer as the Ref tells Gagne and Hart they must go. Skaaland and the Elite throw a fit. Sammartino laughs as he points over at George then assures his friends he's got this. Gagne and Hart agree as they laugh at George, then hug Sammartino before exiting. Brown is pointing and warning Skaaland but Skaaland just waves him off and goes to the outside.

The bell rings and Sammartino is still laughing at George. They lock up and George arm drags him over. An irate Sammartino gets up and charges but George hip tosses him over. Sammartino charges again but George back drops him! Sammartino rolls out of the ring as the fans cheer. Skaaland runs over to calm Sammartino down. Sammartino pounds on the apron with his fists. Sammartino gets back in the ring. They lock up and George pushes Sammartino to the ropes. The Ref calls for a break. During the break, Sammartino rakes the eyes then drags George's face across the ropes. Sammartino chokes George on the top rope then flings him back. Sammartino picks up George and slams him down, then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Sammartino and Skaaland berate the Ref. Skaaland hops on the apron but Brown runs over, yanks him down and warns him. Skaaland backs off.

Sammartino rakes his boot across George's face then stomps away. Sammartino picks up George and swings him into the corner and charges in but George lifts his boot and nails Sammartino in the face. George regroups. George picks up Sammartino and suplexes him back. George swings off the ropes and hits an elbow drop 1..2..Skaaland reaches in and puts Sammartino's foot on the rope. Brown runs over and puts Skaaland down with a punch. 

George picks Sammartino up and Atomic Drops him into the turnbuckles. Sammartino hits hard and staggers back as George grabs him and hits a Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..3!! 

Massive pop! 

Brown runs in and raises George's arm as the fans cheer.

Commercial Break 

Lance: Mike George gets a huge win over David Sammartino...

Skaaland and the Elite storm over. Sammartino is still reeling and Skaaland is in a daze.

Hart: Mike George you're the luckiest man alive! Next week, you and me! 

Gagne: And Bob Brown, don't you ever put your hands on Arnold again! 

Elite walk off helping David and Arnold.

Lance: Ok, looks like another member of the Elite want a crack at Mike George. Fans, I'll see you on Thursday Night for the special presentation of the Empty Arena match between Jerry Lawler and Terry Funk. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about this. See you then.  

Nice show for USWA...

The Funk interview was perfect.  I could just hear him saying each and every word.

I like hoe much you have gotten out of Thorton and St. Clair but a patriot like Kernodle might just be enough in 80's wrestling to go over the top

I'm all in on a future title shot for Morrow!  He is a perfect heel for middle America in the 80's.

Great beauty shop this time.  We all get the Grapplers and Warriors like we wanted but first, the Grapplers will have to deal with Lon Stars.

WrestleStorm II at the Mid South Coliseum was a perfect fit and I am already excited for this major card but first... the empty arena match is next on my must see USWA list

The tension continues to build for the empty arena match between the King and the Funker! Can't wait to see this one unfold!

Yatsu and Fuchi get a piece of The Magnificent Ones....looks like we can expect some hard hitting matches between these four!

"Champagne" is back from vacation and looking for gold! It would be very fitting for Morrow to slip in and take advantage of Lawler being hurt and preoccupied with Terry Funk.

Great Beauty Shop segment once again this week....you've done an awesome job utilizing these segments to further your angles and this week was no exception as we address the Grapplers/Road Warriors feud and set up a match with the Grapplers and the Lone Stars.

Impressive debut for the "Surge" who apparently is a man of few words, he'll be one to watch here in the USWA for sure!

The Richs look ready for another round with Borne/Oliver! I'm excited to see it!

Nice win for "True Grit" over Sammartino! 

Really enjoyed this edition!

Champagne Morrow continues to be a favorite of mine in your territory. And now he plants seeds for the big gold. Nice.

BIG announcement on the Road Warriors vs. Grapplers match! I'll bet money there will be some moving parts, evidenced by the Lone Stars busting on the scene as the big match is announced.

Looking forward to the Empty Arena match! Liking the idea of Lawler cutting promos from the front of his house. Makes for a good TV visual that these feuds are personal and parts of these guys' lives.

Bring it on! Good stuff!

I am super excited for the empty arena match. I know you are going to do an awesome job with it, and with Funk and Lawler involved, you know it is going to be a wild brawl.

Good win for Bassarab. He could definitely be en route to a TV Title shot.

The Magnificent Ones get a nice win, but Yatsu and Fuchi get a little payback. This will be a good little feud.

As I said before, the Thornton/St. Clair duo is a favorite of mine. Kirchner will make for a fine challenge, but I don't think he is the guy to end the reign.

Speaking of favorites, Champagne is awesome! Huge props to you for building Morrow up in to a guy that we are all excited to see challenge Lawler.

Grapplers may want them some Road Warriors, but they'd better start paying attention to the Lone Stars.

Doring has my attention. Interested to see where he goes.

More Rich Cousin vs Borne/Oliver!!!

Mike George picks up a big win, but has the whole Elite pissed off in the process. He is gonna need some back up.

Great show! Looking forward to Thursday Night!!

USWA House Shows 

Cook Convention Center, Louisville Convention Center, Kentucky Freedom Hall 

Duke Myers vs. A Local Talent 

Myers wins the match with a sidewalk slam 

The Rock n Roll RPMS vs. The CEOs

These guys go fast and furious to a 10 minute draw. Tensions flare after the match which leads to more fighting. 

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino 

Vin Man pulled out all the cheap heel tactics but in the end Siva put him down with a diving headbutt for the win. After the match, Vinnie's female entourage ran into the ring to help him.

The Grapplers vs. The Lone Stars  

Wild hard hitting fight. The match ends when the Grappler 2 clotheslines Deaton over the top rope. Grappler 1 hoists Young up as Grappler 2 climbs the ropes then hits the diving clothesline on Young for the win! 

Carlos Colon vs. "Champagne" Gerry Morrow 

As Colon heads to the ring he's attacked from behind by MOOSE MOROWSKI! Moose puts a beating on Colon then rams him into the steel post! Security runs out to stop this. Colon is helped to the back. Looks like another attempt to collect on Tiger Jeet Singh's bounty. The match is a No CONTEST. Moments later, Morrow strolls to the ring with a bottle of champagne and pours himself a drink. Morrow gets the mic and says "I consider that a victory so I deserve a toast" Morrow drinks his champagne and casually leaves as the fans boo. 

The Technicians and "The Wrecking Machine" DJ Peterson vs. The Super Samoans and Ripper Morgan w/Leilani Kai 

Chaotic 6 man action. At the 15 minute mark a pier six brawl breaks out. During the chaos, Rheingans cradles Sakalia for the pin! The bell rings but the brawl continues. Kai tosses Morgan his chain and he nearly decapitates Rheingans with it. Samoans and Morgan exit as Roop and DJ attend to Rheingans. 

Dr. Dream Machine (C) vs. Porkchop Cash 

Cash takes it to Dream and has him reeling as he headbutts him out of the ring. While on the outside, Dream pulls a foreign object out of his trunks. Dream gets on the apron. Cash runs over, Dream swings but Cash ducks and back suplexes him, but while in the air, Dream nails him on top of his head with the foreign object. They crumble down with Dream on top 1..2..3! Dream retains. 

Matt Borne and Rip Oliver vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich 

. This is one hard hitting and bloody brawl! All 4 men end up fighting. They take the fight to the outside and battle to a double count out. They keep fighting for several more minutes and the fans love every minute of it. Oliver and Borne end up getting the upper hand of the fight to send the fans home happy. 

Enjoyed the Kentucky show...

Vin Man is one lucky dude.  Even in defeat he gets some hotties to help him from the ring.

Grapplers stay strong on their Road to the Warriors

Interesting to see Colon being attacked by Moose.... can't wait to hear more about this.

Great booking in the Cash/Dr. Dream match.  Cash is a big enough name to sell some tickets but in the end, Dream Machine continues to get his push.  

Anytime I see Wildfire in the Main Event, I am happy.  Just brings me back to Georgia Championship Wrestling when I was about 10 years old.

USWA @ The Roanne Fieldhouse 10-8-85

The USA Network

Presents

USWA Champ Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Terry Funk 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpgfunk.png.969ae8dd903d66ba64eac48d5846e467.png

Empty Arena Match 

lance.jpg.c6fd74431af551f744015e1da8bdc078.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to this very special event here on the USA Network. Tonight you will see Jerry Lawler square off against Terry Funk in an empty arena. As you can see it's just me, the cameraman and the Referee. This match is non sanctioned and anything goes. The Referee's only job is to declare a winner. Lawler challenged Funk to this match and has said that if Funk beats him here tonight then he will not only give Funk a USWA title shot but Funk will get to pick a stipulation for that match. This all started last year when these two men were involved in some epic battles over the title. Funk left for a while and returned this summer. Those two picked right back up and had a match at Star Wars. Let's take a look at what happened.

Footage from Star Wars as Funk piledrives Lawler through the announcers table.

Lance: Lawler has been out of action since but tonight he gets his fight. I have to agree with Jerry Jarrett in not sanctioning this match because Lawler has yet to be medically cleared. EMT's and an ambulance is standing by outside. This could be....

Terry Funk storms out! 

Funk: Where is he Lance? Where is that jackass Lawler? I'm here! I knew he was all talk. The man is a gutless coward! He doesn't have the guts to fight me. Where is he? 

Lance: He'll be here Terry, just give him a moment. 

Funk: Why don't we just give me the title right now. Lawler isn't coming. We're on national TV and now everybody watching knows what kind of a man Lawler is. Gutless! You hear me Lawler! You're gutless! 

WHAM!!

Lawler (still wearing a neck brace) storms out and nails Funk from behind! 

Lance: Here we go and I'm backing up. 

Lawler pounds away on Funk then slams him on the concrete. Lawler puts his knee on Funk's chest, grabs his hair and starts unloading with punches. Lawler chokes Funk then starts slamming his head on the concrete. Lawler picks up Funk and swings him headfirst into a row of chairs. Funk is buried under the chairs. Lawler has his fists clenched and goes towards Funk. Lawler throws chairs out of his way then reaches down but Funk lowblows him hard. Lawler falls over while Funk regroups. 

Funk finally staggers up and his head is bleeding. Funk walks around then falls back down. Funk staggers back up and starts kicking Lawler. Funk goes down, grabs Lawler's head and grinds his face in the concrete. Funk rips off Lawler's neck brace. 

Lance: Oh come on Terry! There's no need for that. 

Funk kicks Lawler's neck several times. Funk picks up Lawler and hurls him into the ring. Funk gets in the ring, picks up Lawler and executes a delayed vertical suplex then yells at the Ref to count 1..2..Lawler gets his shoulder up. Funk berates and threatens the Ref. Funk stomps away on Lawler, picks him up and swings him into the corner. Funk charges in but Lawler moves and Funk hits the turnbuckles shoulder first. Funk is half way through the ropes. Lawler is laid out. 

Both men start to move. Lawler grabs Funk's legs and yanks him out. Lawler stomps on Funk then drags him to the ropes. Lawler grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Funk. Lawler kicks Funk out of the ring. Lawler goes out, picks up Funk and slams his head on the apron a few times. Lawler grabs Funk by his hair and rams him into the steel post. Funk is bleeding profusely. Lawler hurls Funk into the ring. Lawler picks up Funk, holds him by his hair and slowly punches him. Funk's legs are wobbly but Lawler keeps him up by his hair. Lawler winds up and knocks Funk down with a big right punch. 

Lance: Ok Jerry, I think Terry may of had enough. 

Lawler picks up Funk and swings him to the corner and charges in but Funk lifts his knee and Lawler nails it head first. Lawler staggers back holding his neck. Funk quickly grabs him and executes a neckbreaker 1..2..3!!!!! 

Funk rolls over and is laying there. Lawler is laying in pain holding his neck. 

Lance: Terry Funk has won the match. Thank goodness that's over. I could tell Lawler was in serious pain. I just don't want to see either of these men's career end tonight. I will go to the back and get the medical personal out here. 

Funk comes staggering over. 

Funk: I did it Lance! I did it! But I'm not done yet! 

Funk goes off and grabs a wooden chair then shatters it on the steel post.

Lance: Wait a minute Terry. The match is over. You won. What are you doing? 

Funk comes back with a piece of wood in his hand. 

Funk: I'm going to finish Lawler off once and for all. I'm going to take his eye Lance. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take his eye! 

Lawler is sitting against the turnbuckles holding his neck.

Lance: Please Terry. Do not do this. Please.

Funk gets in the ring holding the piece of wood. The Ref tries to stop him but Funk punches him down.   

Funk goes at Lawler and tries to stab him in the eye but Lawler is holding his hands. Funk is yelling "I'm going to get his eye!" 

Lawler rakes Funk's eyes. Funk staggers back but has a firm grip on the piece of wood and goes back in but Lawler kicks Funk's hand and the piece of wood goes up into his eye! 

Ok guys, I just had to do this.

Funk crumbles to the ground holding his eye.

Funk: AAAAAAHHHHHH MY EYE! MY EYE! I CAN'T SEE! I..I...I CAN"T SEE! DOCTOR! HELP ME! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME! 

Lawler gets up and stares down at Funk. 

Lance: Ok, Jerry, ok, he's had enough. It's over. 

Lawler slowly exits the ring obviously in serious pain. 

Funk: Lance! Lance! Are you there? Lance? 

Lance: I'm here Terry, I've got to get you help.

Funk: Don't leave me here Lance! Don't leave me alone. Lawler! Where's Lawler! Lawler you bastard! Come back here! Look what he did to me Lance! Look at my eye! You're going to pay Lawler! You YELLOW PIG! PIIIIIIG! 

Lance: Fans, I've got to get him help. I'll see you tomorrow night for our regularly scheduled program. 

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 10-9-85

Footage is shown of last night's Empty Arena match between Jerry Lawler and Terry Funk

Lance: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Well we all saw what went down last night between Jerry Lawler and Terry Funk. What a brutal fight that was. I understand both men are in the hospital. Lawler is getting his neck checked out while Funk's eye was in terrible shape. I should have an update on both men next week. Right now I want to bring in the owner Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I understand you have an announcement regarding the USWA title. 

Jarrett: Lance, what happened last night was exactly why I wouldn't sanction that match. Both men suffered serious injuries and are now in the hospital. I wish them both a speedy recovery. Now, regarding the USWA title. As you know this is a business and unfortunately that means the title must be defended. Terry Funk won the match last night and Lawler promised him a title shot if he won and Funk gets to choose the stipulation. Right now Terry Funk cannot wrestle for the title but he will get a shot in the near future.  As for Lawler, he is obligated to defend the title in two weeks in Kentucky. His opponent will be Gerry Morrow. If Lawler cant compete which I would fully understand then the title will be forfeited. 

Lance: Well there you have it, very unfortunate circumstances for Jerry Lawler. I can only hope he heals up well in the next couple of weeks. Well as they say, the show must go on. Big main event tonight as the Karachi Vice defend the USWA tag titles against the Sweet Ebony Express. Mike George goes one on one with Bruce Hart of the Elite. All that and a lot more. Let's get to the ring. 

Porkchop Cash vs. Hal Goodman 

Cash gives the fans a reason to cheer as he takes it to Goodman. Something interesting is happening as Les Thornton is circling the ring scouting Cash. The fans pop when Cash wins the match with his crossbody/flying headbutt! Thornton nods in approval then heads to the back. 

Cash is at the podium and Lance asks him about Thornton. 

Cash: I haven't a clue why Thornton was out here but I'll tell you something, I sure would love a shot at the TV title! 

Commercial Break 

"The Real Deal" Ripper Morgan w/Leilani Kai vs. Todd Rooney 

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpgkai.jpg.163d907eb822f2dd70ef50fb95569617.jpg

Footage from a house show is shown as Morgan practically decapitates Brad Rheingans with his chain during a 6 man tag. 

Kai has the chain around Morgan's neck but as soon as the bell rings she unleashes her monster. Morgan just destroys Rooney before hitting his big boot to the head for the easy pin. 

Kai hooks the chain back around Morgan's neck and drags him to the podium. The Super Samoans join them. Lance looks very nervous as Morgan is huffing and stomping around. Kai yanks the chain. 

Kai: Relax Lance, I've got him under control. However, when that bell rings I unleash the beast. That is a warning to any wrestler foolish enough to get in the ring with the Real Deal. Look what happened to Hercules Ayala. He was knocked off the mountain and went tumbling down. You saw what happened to Brad Rheingans. Him and his partner Bob Roop couldn't hang with my Super Samoans. I came here to take over the USWA and I would say I'm off to a great start. 

Commercial Break 

"The Wrecking Machine" DJ Peterson vs. Willie Lopez

dj.jpg.7d32aaa320454798dcb2504e9ec3145c.jpg

DJ brings the power tonight as he slams and tosses Lopez all over the ring. DJ nails Lopez with the flying shoulder block from the top rope and it's all over. 

Lance: Another dynamic win for DJ Peterson. Switching gears, last week it was announced that next week in Jackson, the Road Warriors are coming to town to do battle with the Grapplers. Let's take a look at this feud then I'll be talking with the Grapplers.

Highlights of the feud are shown going back to the Warriors Crockett Cup win over the Grapplers. It cuts to the Grapplers C.O. win over the Warriors on TV. Then it goes to the Road Warriors destroying the USWA TV set. 

Lance: I'm standing here with the Grapplers. A lot of bad blood between you and the Road Warriors. Well, you get your match, next week in Jackson. 

Grappler 1: A week is to long to wait! I wish we could beat them up right now! Road Warriors your day is coming and get ready for the stomping of your life! 

Grappler 2: They think they can come into our backyard and get away with what they did? Think again! You guys might think your big and bad, but boys in Jackson the Grapplers are going to show you just who the baddest tag team in wrestling is! 

Grappler 1: Your going down Road Warriors! 

Grappler 2: And your going back to Mid Atlantic with your tails between your legs, that is if you can even walk. 

Commercial Break 

House Show footage is shown as MOOSE MOROWSKI jumps Carlos Colon. 

Lance: I'm here with Moose Morowski. Moose I'm sure we all know why you're here.

Moose: Oh your such a smart man Lance. It's real simple and it aint no secret. I'm here for the money! Tiger Jeet Singh's bounty is a lot of money and I'm here to collect. I've been in this business a long time and beat up a lot of men. And what have I gotten in return? I deserve a big payday and I don't care if it's at Colon's expense! 

The fans erupt as Carlos Colon hits the ring. Carlos yells at Moose "I'm here! Come and get it!" 

Moose: Time to get paid! 

Lance: Ok looks like we have an impromptu bounty match

Carlos Colon vs. Moose Morowski  

Moose gets in the ring and Colon is all over him! Colon hammers away, swings Moose to the ropes and clotheslines him down! Colon picks Moose up and slams him down then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with an elbow drop. Colon picks up Moose and hits a Shin Breaker. The fans go wild when Colon clamps on the figure four! 

Wait a minute! 2 men in black trench coats and black cowboy hats hit the ring and attack Colon! It's the Lone Stars! The Ref signals for the DQ. The bell is ringing but the Lone Stars are taking it to Colon! They swing him to the ropes and double clothesline him down! Moose rolls out of the ring. Deaton pulls his bull rope out and chokes Colon as he holds him up. Young pulls out a cowbell and is going to level Colon with it. 

But wait! The Grapplers hit the ring and punch away on the Lone Stars! The Lone Stars bail out of the ring. The Grapplers stand over Colon as the Lone Stars go over to the podium. 

Deaton: Grapplers! You dirt bags just costed us a lot of money! 

Young: You're going to pay dearly! You hear us! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink neon 'Beauty Shop' sign then pans down on Brenda Britton

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Tonight you will get some international flavor. Please welcome my guests the team of Yoshiaki Yatsu and Masanobu Fuchi, now known as the Red Dragons. 

yatsu.jpg.909cf588862a2a46c349b76e485b38da.jpgmasa.jpg.a3125e64ed8cd7bce57091c40aa184ef.jpg

Yoshi and Masanobu come out wearing black robes with red flaming dragons on the back. You can see they're wearing black wrestling pants/tights with red flaming dragons on the sides. They are accompanied by an interpreter wearing a black suit. 

Brenda: Welcome. I'm sure this is a big deal for you being that I'm such a big hit in Japan. This show is worldwide you know. Ok Mr. Interpreter, tell me about the Red Dragons. 

Interpreter: The Red Dragon represents the element of fire. The Dragon also symbolizes good luck, good fortune along with power, strength and wisdom. I think these two honorable men are the perfect representation of that. 

Brenda: They might be, but I think they got themselves into trouble by messing with the Magnificent Ones. I mean Kevin Kelly and Nick Kiniski are two strong specimens. It's going to take more than a couple of crazy dragons to beat them. 

Interpreter: Just watch this demonstration and  I think they will show you how prepared they are. 

Yoshi goes off screen and comes back with 2 bricks. Yoshi holds one up in front of Masanobu. Masanobu yells and breaks it with his fist! Masanobu picks up a brick and holds it. Yoshi yells and shatters the brick with his fist!

Brenda flinches as she looks on with surprised shock.  

Brenda:... Well that's ahh, (looks down at the broken pieces of the bricks)  that's all the time we have. Until next week tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

The Rolling Stones song "Gimmie Shelter" plays as the words WrestleStorm 2 flashes across the screen 

Lance: Fans, Saturday Night, December 5th, from the Mid South Coliseum and broadcasted on closed circuit television, the USWA presents WrestleStorm 2. That will surely be a historic night indeed. Our next...

Boos as the Central States Champ Dr. Dream Machine comes out. 

Dream: Don't say a word Lance. Everybody is excited about WrestleStorm 2 babay and they should be because there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be defending my Central States title that night. 

Lance: Don't you think you might be jumping the gun? 

Dream: Are you out of your mind! Why wouldn't I still be the champ by then? Who's going to beat me? I've been traveling from arena to arena putting down every challenger that got in my way. So who's going to beat me? That scared Dick Boy Slater? Oh that's right he's on "tour" in "Japan" yea sure he is. I ran him out of town and you and all these morons know it! From now on he will be known as Dicky Scared Straight Slater! HAHAHAHAHA! 

Dream holds his title in front of Lance's face then exits. 

Lance: (Rolls his eyes) Back to the ring. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Gary Williams 

The fans cheer as Kirchner hits the ring waving the American Flag. Kirchner is crisp tonight as he executes a Fall Away Slam then hoists Williams up and finishes him off with a Fireman's Carry Slam! Kirchner waves the flag on his way to the podium. 

Lance: Ok Kirchner, it's official, in 2 weeks you get your chance at the TV title. I know you're excited about that.

Kirchner: I've worked hard to get to this point and I heard Thornton and St. Clair say it will be a sad day for the American Fans when I go down in defeat. I disagree, I think it will be a glorious day for the American fans when I bring that TV title home! 

Commercial Break 

"True Grit" Mike George w/"Bulldog" Bob Brown vs. Central States 6 Man Champ Bruce Hart w/Arnold Skaaland 

george.jpg.6f2770b0d23e107773fd89126ba18475.jpghart.jpg.af77fe0673024db1cff7fcb8f9237551.jpg

Last week George defeated David Sammartino which prompted this challenge from Hart.

The bell rings and Skaaland is yelling over at George and Skaaland. The Ref tells Brown to exit. While Brown is exiting, Hart jumps George and takes control. Skaaland exits and cheers Hart on. Hart kicks George then hoists him up and suplexes him back 1..2..Kick Out. Hart drags George to the ropes and chokes him on the bottom rope. The Ref backs him off as Skaaland slaps George across the face. Brown runs over and pushes Skaaland down! Boos as Greg Gagne comes out and warns Brown. The Ref is looking down at Gagne and is telling him to leave. While he's distracted, Sammartino runs out and climbs the ropes. Hart picks up George and holds him. Sammartino comes off the top rope but George elbows Hart and moves as Sammartino nails Hart! George punches Sammartino out of the ring, then picks up Hart and hits the Russian Leg Sweep. Brown tells the Ref to turn around. The Ref turns around, jumps over and counts 1..2..3!! 

Big Pop! 

George goes to the outside and Brown holds his arm in the air before exiting as Skaaland and the Elite are all over the ring throwing a tantrum. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: (laughing) Well Mike George is now 2-0 against the Elite. Lets go back to the ring.

The CEOs vs. Sam Smith and Carl Kellerman

crews.jpg.53b76100500a7ef9a0a2bf9318d3d7b3.jpgtimbs.jpg.5327bf9c8e68b604d2b2d4248d7e75e8.jpg

The CEOS (Art Crews and Ken Timbs)  come to the ring wearing matching purple singlets, purple boots and knee pads, also wearing sunglasses and carrying their briefcases. 

CEOs show that they're a very cohesive unit. They put on a tag team exhibition before finishing things off with a double DDT! 

Lance: Ok the CEOs have joined me. At a recent house show you guys came out of the crowd and jumped the RPMs. Just what was that about?

Crews: Lance, you didn't say what the best part of that was. Did you see the suits we were wearing when we did that? We have style don't you think? When your a CEO you have to look the part.

Timbs: The RPMs want to continue this? Fine with us. We're going to show everybody why people like the RPMs punch the clock and why people like us run the company.

Commercial Break 

Vinnie Valentino is shown sitting in a Spa with several lovely ladies. He smiles and looks into the camera. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

"It's great to be the Vin Man"   

Lance: Fans before we get to our next match, let me run down next week's show. The team of Matt Borne and Rip Oliver will be in action. After battling to a wild double c.o. last week, Timothy Flowers will take on Sunny War Cloud. In a match between two big fan favorites, Siva Afi will wrestle Duke Myers. I'll also have an update on the conditions of Jerry Lawler and Terry Funk. Back to the ring. 

Bob Roop vs. William Hillman 

Roop is aggressive tonight and finishes Hillman off with a running shoulder breaker! 

Roop comes to the podium. 

Roop: Thanks to that freak Ripper Morgan, my partner Brad Rhenigans will be out of action for a couple weeks. Ripper Morgan! I want you in the ring...next week! Let's just see how tough you are when I rip your arm off your body! 

Lance: Wow, a very angry Bob Roop. We better gear up for that encounter. Our big main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

Karachi Vice (C) vs. The Sweet Ebony Express 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpgsbs.jpg.9023f833da9c58d561448486832071d7.jpgnorvell.jpg.10cafce443c43d063d6e1d9c7e53891d.jpg

This one's a barnburner and the action is at a fever pitch. Norvell swings Makhan to the ropes and puts him down with a flying high knee then tags in Sugar. Sugar comes off the top rope and crashes down on Makhan with a knee drop 1..2..Gama breaks it with a kick to the head. Norvell runs in and punches Gama back to the corner. The Ref guides Norvell back while Gama nails Sugar from behind with a knee to the back. Makhan rolls over and tags in Gama. Gama hits a backbreaker on Sugar, picks him up and hits a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Gama swings Sugar to the corner. Makhan chokes Sugar as Gama kicks away at the mid section. Gama tags in Makhan. Makhan swings Sugar to the corner and charges in for a splash but Sugar moves and tags in Norvell. 

Norvell punches away on Makhan then picks him up and hits a thundering slam! Norvell swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Gama breaks it with a knee to the head. Makhan slowly rolls over and tags in Gama. Gama swings Norvell to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Norvell kicks him. Gama is up and staggering as Norvell puts him down with a clothesline. Norvell tags in Sugar. They swing Gama to the ropes and hit a double back drop! Makhan runs in and they double drop kick him back to his corner. Sugar goes to the top rope. Gama staggers up and Sugar nails him with a missile dropkick 1..2..Makhan  reaches and pulls the Ref back, breaking the count. The Ref gets up and yells at Makhan. Norvell runs over and knocks Makhan back with a big right punch. 

The Express swing Gama to the ropes and execute a double hot shot! The Ref guides Norvell back. Makhan runs up and hits an elbow drop on Sugar's head. Norvell runs back over and punches Makhan back to the corner. Gama and Sugar slowly rise, Sugar grabs him and cradles him but the Ref is trying to break up Makhan and Norvell. The Ref guides Norvell to his corner which allows Makhan to reverse Sugar's cradle on Gama. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Karachi Vice retain the USWA Tag Team Titles. 

Boos as the Karachi Vice grab the titles and hold them up. The Ebony Express are clearly disappointed.   

Nice work on the empty arena match. Seems like it would have been difficult to write, and you pulled it off nicely.

Nice job making the aftermath as interesting as the match, with Funk's rematch up in the air, and Lawler potentially being forced to give up the belt if he can't make his scheduled defense. This could be good news for Champagne!

Nice win for Porkchop in the opener, curious about Thornton, and I too would love to see Cash get a shot at the TV Title.

Really like your portrayal of Ripper Morgan, and the Kai stable is all around awesome.

Nice win for DJ

Grapplers getting another crack at the Road Warriors, which may not be the best idea. They also still have some business with the Lone Stars apparently, as they stop them from getting the bounty on Colon. A lot going on for the masked men.

Quite the demonstration from the newly christened Dragons. You have a fantastic tag team division.

Dr. Dream Machine promo was great, and I am looking forward to Slater coming back and kicking his ass!

Kirchner keeps his momentum going, and gets his shot at St. Clair. I just don't think he's the guy though.

Another nice win for Mike George as he takes down another member of The Elite. This has been a good angle. Still think George is going to need some back up.

Bob Roop is pissed, and that wily veteran could spell big trouble for Morgan and Kai.

Great main event, and the Sweet Ebony Express comes up JUST short! I would say a rematch is in order, but it doesn't look like that will be happening. Karachi Vice has got a death grip on those belts!

Good Stuff as always man!