Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

Wow! Shocking yet exciting news that Tully Blanchard is the new champ!! However, he's going to have to pull out every trick in his book to retain against "the King".

Norvell lands on his feet here in the USWA, can't wait to see what's in store for him here!

Studd has no remorse for the attack on Sivi Afi……it will be interesting to see if Sivi Afi can overcome the size of the big man and get a measure of revenge!

Ron Fuller vs. The Armstrongs will never end…as long as these guys are still in wrestling…there will always be a feud!

YES! The match I've been waiting for is going to happen…..The Grapplers vs. Karachi Vice!!

No one does characters as well as you Spaldoni and we've got a few new ones introduced this week that I'm looking forward to seeing in action!

The build is on to the next big USWA event!! I can't wait to see what develops!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reign of Blanchard is in it's infancy, and I am already loving it. I hope Tully has a long and glorious reign that is a pain in Jarrett's ass!!

Digging Norvell's new gimmick, and thinking he'll be a fine addition to the babyface ranks here in the USWA.

Glad to see Big John kicking ass and I'm excited for him to show who the real giant is around these parts. Afi better beware!!

Liking the Fuller/Adias/Young trio, but they are about to have their hands full with the Armstrongs, especially now that Brad is in the mix. This will make for a nice feud with a ton of match combinations.

So glad to see Martel out of the TV Title scene. Even though I am not a Rick fan, I feel he should be competing at the top of the card, and I think this will give more midcard folk an opportunity to compete for some gold. St. Clair makes a great champ with Thornton as his mouthpiece.

Mike George and Steve O...okay, you've made me a believer with your tag team making skills! Looking forward to seeing who The Elite will be!

Grapplers/Karachi Vice should be a nice hard hitting tag team feud for the belts. Go Grapplers!!

Man, I don't like Carlos Colon at all, but Tiger Jeet Singh may be my least favorite wrestler ever. I hope the tapes of that match get as lost as the Blanchard/Von Erich title change!!

Vinnie Valentino! Man, that guy has been sitting in the free agent pool for ages. If you make this work, you can truly make a star out of anybody!!

Glad to see Rip Oliver pick up another win. He'd be a great challenger for St. Clair.

All Right!! Dick Slater!!! and he wants to beat up Colon! Man, Dick Slater just became one of my favorite guys in the USWA!!!

Spike Huber makes quite the impact on Lightfoot and picks up a big win. Liking the construction gimmick. Again, you really make the most of everyone.

Looking forward to seeing what route you go with Orndorff. So many possibilities.

Great show as always man. You always keep your shows fresh, and your talent with something to do. It always amazes me!

Even though I made the rosters moves, I was still shocked with the breaking news piece!  Wow... Kerry out as champ and here comes Tully  

Tully better watch out or the King of USWA might just keep this title jumping from waist to waist.  

I like Norvell in this role.  Should be fun.

You didn't miss a bit here as we get some new angles going.  Wonder what Arnold has in store for us.

Anywhere I get Fuller's vs Armstrongs, I am hooked.

I have been rooting to see the Karachi Vice is a title situation with the Grapplers and here we go.  Should be awesome.

Dick Slater.... instant chaos.  Can't wait to see where this goes.

The Foreman... another instant midcard success.  

I am interested to see what big plans you have for Martel.  He could challenge for any title you have.  Maybe even Orndorff vs Martel to be next in line but I am sure you got everything planned out as you always seem to.

USWA TV @ The Civic Center Knoxville TN 6-5-85

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Paul Orndorff makes his in ring debut tonight. The exciting Rock n Roll RPM's will be in action. Also a man with an extensive wrestling background, I'm talking about Bob Roop. Wendell Cooley will be in action and a lot more. We also have the debut of Brenda Britton's Beauty Shop. And our feature match will see Dick Slater taking on Buzz Tyler. Ok tomorrow night at the Hammond Center, there will be two huge title matches. The Grapplers will defend the USWA tag titles against Karachi Vice. And Tully Blanchard will defend the USWA title against my guest at this time, Jerry "The King" Lawler. 

Huge ovation as Lawler comes out.

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lance: Ok Jerry, now that you put an end to your long feud with Adrian Adonis, you get a title opportunity tomorrow night against Tully Blanchard. 

Lawler: The USWA title picture has been pretty crazy the past couple of weeks. I have to give respect to Kerry Von Erich and that incredible win over Nick Bockwinkel at Parade of Champions. I was really looking forward to facing Kerry at some point but then Tully Blanchard changed everything. Tully, I know there is no footage of what went down the night you defeated Kerry but word is spreading fast and I have to say I'm not surprised how things turned out. Well let me tell you something, I'm done with personal feuds and it's time to get the USWA title back around my waist. 

Boos as Tully and Baby Doll stroll out. Tully takes the belt off his shoulder, smiles at it, then hands it to Baby Doll.

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpg

Tully: Well here we are at long last. You know Lawler, this is pretty funny. The night I won this title from what's his name, I knew I would be defending it against you right away. You see I knew Jerry Jarrett would immediately send in his puppet. So I'm more than prepared to put you down at the Hammond Center and show Jarrett, these idiot fans and most of all you, just who really runs this place. This title means I'm number one around here and Lawler, you better get used to it.

Lawler: Your arrogance never seizes to amaze me. First of all, I'm nobody's puppet. The last guy that called me that was put down and sent packing, so you better watch your mouth. I've held that title and I plan on doing it again. That will happen tomorrow night. And Tully, there isn't anything you can do about it!  

Lawler heads out as the fans cheer.

Tully: (Smirking) Lawler, Jarrett, all these morons out here and you Lance Russell are all going to be so disappointed because next week I'll be standing here with this title over my shoulder. Come on Baby Doll let's go. 

Lance: Ok, it all happens at the Hammond Center tomorrow night. Let's go to the ring. 

Master G's vs. Vic Dutro and Francis Malloy  

wells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpggerry.jpg.49c54172188609bdb635fbf87f720d69.jpg

George Wells and Gerry Morrow have been racking up the wins of late and tonight is no different as they swing Malloy to the ropes and put him down with a double running shoulder tackle! 

Master G's cut a promo and say they're ready for a title shot. 

Commercial Break 

Bob Roop vs. Trent Watkins 

roop.jpg.1ee632491b104a58054fd29dc057832e.jpg

Roop makes his return to the USWA and takes pleasure in punishing his opponent. After working the shoulder, Roop hoists up Watkins, rams him shoulder first into the turnbuckles and executes a shoulder breaker for the win. The fans boo as Roop gives Watkins a couple stomps to the shoulder before heading to the podium. 

Lance: Good win tonight Mr. Roop, I know you have something to say.

Roop: Yes I do! I was watching the program last week and got sick to my stomach when that Yatsu guy talked about bringing honor to the ring. I got even sicker when these fans cheered him. You people disgust me! I wrestled for the United States Army and you boo me? But you cheer a guy from Japan? Everybody saw what he did to Ron Slinker at Parade of Champions. That was despicable! I'm challenging you Yatsu! And believe me, I'm going to give you a lesson in honor and wrestling. 

Commercial Break

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Gary Williams 

wendell.jpg.3f16e8749a246c99075a8ebc9316640c.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as Cooley dropkicks Williams down. Williams staggers up, Cooley swings off the ropes and hits the Bulldog for the win! The fans cheer as Cooley pumps his fists and heads to the podium. 

Lance: Ok Wendell, you looked impressive tonight. I know you're feeling pretty good after sending both Johnny Rich and Carl Fergie out of the USWA.

Cooley: Lance, it was pretty satisfying especially after all that grief they both caused me. Now that that's over I have my sights set on the TV title. 

The fans start cheering as somebody comes out.

Lance: I don't believe this, Tommy Wildfire Rich is here! 

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg

Tommy: (shakes Lance's hand) Great to see you again Lance! Wendell, I'm really sorry to interrupt you like this but I felt I needed to get something off my chest. We both know Johnny Rich is my cousin. Now I don't know what got into him and why he started listening to Carl Fergie. Believe me, I called him several times and tried to talk sense into him but he wouldn't listen. Trust me, Johnny just wasn't himself. I think you sending him packing was the best thing for him. So I wanted to come out and thank you for knocking some sense into him.

Rich extends his hand. Wendell shakes it. 

Wendell: Tommy, I know Johnny went off the tracks and I'm sorry it ended this way. And I do hope he finds some peace. 

Tommy: You're a class act Wendell. 

Wendell smiles and nods at Tommy then walks away.

Lance: What the...

WHAM!!!! 

Tommy nails Wendell from behind! Tommy punches Wendell down then stomps on him. Tommy picks up Wendell and runs him into the steel post! Wendell is busted open. Tommy kicks Wendell a few more times than body slams him on the concrete. Officials run out. The fans are booing as Tommy goes back to the podium. 

Tommy: Did somebody say something about fired up! Did Wendell Cooley really think I was going to let this slide? Hell no I wasn't! Johnny is family and I'm here to finish family business! 

Lance: I don't know what to say. We'll be right back. 

Commercial Break 

The Rock n Roll RPMs vs. Ken Jenkins and Willie Lopez

rpms.jpg.64c485c4603516c11a7ce5ccbb345078.jpg

The fans desperately need something to cheer about and the RPMs give them just that. They come out wearing bright colored tights and hanging bandanas. RPM's are in total sync and put on a tag team demonstration.  The finish sees Davis hoist Jenkins up in a powerbomb position and drop him as Lane hits a neckbreaker (They call this the Spandex Split) for the easy pin! 

The fans cheer this devastating finisher. 

Lance: Wow! What a debut for the RPMs! Fans, the debut of the Brenda Britton's Beauty Shop is next. 

Commercial Break 

There's a generic set with a pink sign in the back that says "Beauty Shop" 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Brenda: Hello and welcome to the beauty shop, I'm of course your host Brenda Britton. Now, I was told that the USWA was in dire need of some beauty and elegance so here I am. It's going to be your pleasure to watch me every week as I interview all the top talent the USWA has to offer. Now when I say top talent, I'm starting things off with a bang. My guests tonight is a team that should be wearing some gold, I'm referring to Steve Regal and Chick Donovan, the Fabulous Blondes.  

Boos as the Blondes strut out. 

chick.jpg.c5d247e42cb1ea4e0a508ccb5cf7819b.jpgregal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpg

Brenda: My oh my, it's nice to have a couple of real men out here for my debut show. I'm so glad it's you guys and not some losers like the RPM's. I mean did you just see those guys? Pathetic. 

Regal: (Smiling) Brenda, it's such a privilege to be standing here with someone as lovely as you.   

Chick: You're simply stunning.

Regal: I couldn't agree more about the RPMs. I mean it's obvious they're total rip offs. Those wannabes couldn't even lace up our boots. 

Chick: That's right! You people are looking at the real deal and it's an atrocity that we haven't been given any title opportunities. RPMs, don't think for one second you can stroll in here and get what you want. 

Regal: We're the team to beat and if those wannabe RPMs want to step into the ring with a real team than bring it on boys! 

Brenda: And there you have it. I know I'm looking forward to watching more of these guys in the ring. Until next week, toooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Another Vinnie Valentino Vignette

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

This one shows Vinnie in a restaurant wearing his best Miami Vice suit seated with a dozen women.

Vinnie: Hey there, the Vin Man coming at you. As you can see I live the life baby. I love to party and I get the job done in the ring. The USWA needs to lighten up and have some fun. I told you there's to many outdated squares like Gino Brito running around. This is the 80s baby and it's time for the USWA to get with it. I'm coming to town real soon and I'm going to get rid of all those downers like Brito. Ok ladies enough about that, lets have a good time.  

Gino Brito Jr. vs. Todd Rooney 

brito.jpg.8abf5075b90fbf24528b06dd3d8303e8.jpg

Brito just outclasses his opponent and finishes him off with the figure four leglock. The fans cheer as Brito heads to the podium. 

Lance: Good win tonight Gino. Well I'm not sure why but it appears Vinnie Valentino has some kind of issue with you.

Brito: Lance, I'm not sure what's with this younger generation. Valentino better screw his head on right and get down to business. If he wants to step foot in the ring with me, I'm ok with that. That kid better realize it's not all fun and games in the squared circle. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Before we get to our next match, I wanted to give everybody an update on the Central States tag team titles. Jerry Jarrett has decided to retire the belts for now. The good news is Jerry has decided to create the Central States 6 man titles. I understand there will be a match in the near future to decide our first champions. I think that will be an exciting addition. 

American Made vs. Roy Glader and Steven Forrest 

kernodle.jpg.877ef7193c828f7ecf019f77bc343378.jpgkircner.jpg.093c3f88514003847fa0f1c773f92a79.jpg

Kirchner hits a fall away slam and tags in Kernodle, who finishes things off with a fireman's carry slam. The fans cheer as American Made wave their flags. 

Lance: Another win for American Made. Ok joining me now is the Club (Mike George and Steve O). Boys I know you were suppose to wrestle Arnold Skaaland's new team the Elite tonight but apparently that's not going to happen.

Boos as Skaaland walks out with his towel on his shoulder.

Skaaland: I know everybody is upset. Don't worry, you see my two guys are so good at what they do that they still have booking obligations to finish up. I mean they're in high demand. On that note, they felt like the fans should have to pay to see their debut so next weekend in Jackson, they have agreed to face you guys. And hey don't worry because at least you wont get a loss on national TV. 

George: Keep talking Arnold because you're so good at that. 

Steve: Sounds to us like you and your boys are a little hesitant. 

Skaaland: No I'm afraid that's not it but keep telling yourselves that. I'll tell you what. I'll introduce my boys on TV next week. I'm a reasonable man and I'll give you a chance to back out after seeing who they are.

George: We don't care who they are. Do whatever you want but rest assured we'll be ready for action in Jackson. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, last week we promised you footage from Japan as our Central States Champ Carlos Colon traveled over there to take on the dangerous Tiger Jeet Singh. Let's take a look.

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpgsingh.jpg.5861c87cdbe54a5e194bab5547c4d273.jpg

Highlights are shown of Singh's wild entrance as he runs down the aisle swinging his sword at the fans like a madman. The match is joined in progress. Both men are bleeding. Singh executes a back suplex and the Ref counts 1..2..(Colon lifts his shoulder) 3! Singh thinks he won. The Ref raises Colon's arm and Singh goes crazy and attacks Colon. They end up brawling all over the place! 

Lance: Oh my things got out of control. I'm looking forward to talking with Carlos when he returns. Fans, my guest at this time is the manager of the TV champ Tony St. Clair, Les Thornton. Les I understand you have an announcement to make. 

Les: First of all his name is Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair. And he'll be defending his TV title right here next week. Now as you know I took Tony straight to the top and I said to myself why stop there? Why not venture into the tag team scene? So I had my eyes on one team in particular. They have all the talent and skills in the world, they just need opportunity and I can give that to them. Please stand up and bow to Sir Mark and Sir Brad, the Royal Battens! 

Lance: Oh come on will you. What is this?

BOOOOOOOOOOS!

The Battens come out wearing Union Jack vests. 

battens.jpg.893cb17d551a149ea3ddc5a84c84d929.jpg

Les: After speaking with them and showing them the truth they understood that United Kingdom wrestling is in fact superior to all wrestling. They wanted to represent the best and now they will. 

Lance: I don't believe this. We'll be back for a feature match up. I just don't believe this. 

Commercial Break 

"Dirty" Dick Slater vs. "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler 

slater.jpg.7c77d1abccecf0d84bdf1a5a7079fe9d.jpgbuzz.jpg.39bceeaf47e0e43c0c38946eb45e9e01.jpg

Pretty fun hard hitting TV match. Slater has things going his way for a bit but Tyler fires up and makes a comeback. Tyler clotheslines Slater down. Slater wobbles up and Tyler scoop slams him back down. Tyler swings Slater to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Tyler picks up Slater and swings him into the corner. Tyler charges in but Slater moves. Tyler hits hard and falls back. Slater swings off the ropes and drops a big elbow, then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..3! 

Lance: Very big win for Dick Sla....

Slater interrupts.

Slater: Colon! I'm coming for you! You cant hide in Japan forever. Your title is mine! 

Lance: Ok, Slater has his sights set on the Central States title. The debut of Paul Orndorff when we return. 

Commercial Break 

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. Sam Smith  

orndorff.jpg.ef93d9bd26d0e009b3bdf04af125f884.jpg

Orndorff looks like a million bucks as he takes off his robe. The fans cheer Orndorff on all throughout the match. Orndorff slams Smith, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop. Orndorff picks up Smith and puts him down with a short arm clothesline. The fans go wild as Orndorff gives the signal. He hoists Smith up and delivers the piledriver! 1..2..3! 

Lance: What a debut for Mr. Wonderful. While he makes his way over I want to tell you we have a blockbuster TV main event next week as the Syndicate will take on Brad and Scott Armstrong! I understand Ron Fuller will be in the Syndicate's corner. Lot's of bad blood there as Fuller and the Syndicate put Bob and Steve Armstrong in the hospital. I'm hoping to have an update on Wendell Cooley after that shocking attack by Tommy Rich. Ok come on over Paul. Welcome to the USWA.

Orndorff: Thank you Lance. Mr. Wonderful is here and ready to go! Tully Blanchard! Big John Studd! Dick Slater! Ron Fuller! I don't care who it is I'm ready for the competition and I want a title! Mr. Wonderful has arrived! 

The fans cheer as Orndorff gives them a double bicep pose to end the show. 

Tomorrow Night at the Hammond Center 

USWA Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) w/Baby Doll vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Grapplers (C) vs. Karachi Vice 

Plus more exciting bouts. 

Lawler and Tully is going to be such an epic feud. Two of the best talkers, two of the best cheaters, and two of the all around best. I hope this is some long term shit!

Really digging the Master G's. You have such a stacked tag team division, I hope they get their shot eventually!

Bob Roop is a great fit here in the USWA. His anger toward Yatsu is perfectly in character and that will be a good opening feud for him.

Freaking awesome segment with Rich and Cooley! At first I thought it was coming, then I didn't, then WHAM...it did. Heel Tommy in '85....I am excited.

Nice debut for the RPM's. Another nice addition to the tag division.

Brenda is awesome, and the Blonde's were perfect first guests. They are my favorite team in USWA. Give them a title shot!!

The Vinnie vignette's are great.

As stacked as your tag division is, and now we are down to one set of belts! The competition just heated up even more!! Six Man Titles should be fun.

Skaaland hyping up his team as too good to be there to fight The Club is classic stuff. Looking forward to seeing who they are.

Ugggh.....Tiger Jeet Singh is the worst wrestler ever.

So the Battens have gone from being Southern to being British. I like it! They should continue this trend any time they go on a losing streak.

Glad to see Dick Slater picking up some momentum. I hope he does big things here.

Orndorff is going to be a huge star here, I can feel it. Looking forward to him getting more in the mix.

Great Stuff as always. looking forward to the Hammond Center

USWA @ The Hammond Center 6-6-85

The Club and "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler vs. 3 Local Talents 

6 man opener to get the crowd going. The Club hit a double back drop their opponent then tag in Tyler, who finishes things off with a running powerslam! 

"Sweet" Norvell Austin vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers

A couple of colorful characters here as Norvell comes in wearing purple long tights, an impressive gold chain around his neck and a purple fedora. Flowers takes off his glitter robe, sunglasses and bandana to reveal a freshly shaved head. Flowers makes his official debut here while Norvell recently won the fans over on his recent televised debut. Fun back and forth match with a lot of showboating and bantering. These guys seemed to be just getting warmed up when the 10 minute time limit expired. 

"Dirty" Dick Slater vs. Chief Joe Lightfoot 

Lightfoot has Slater bumping all over the place with hip tosses, drop kicks and body slams. Lightfoot goes for a tomahawk chop from the top rope but Slater nails him with a punch to the gut. Slater follows with a swinging neckbreaker to get the pin! 

The Fabulous Blondes vs. The Rock n Roll RPMS

Very fast paced back and forth match that keeps the fans on the edge of their seats. Blondes get control and really work Lane over. Lane finally makes the hot tag to Davis and he cleans house. Blondes get control back and take it to Davis. Lane has enough of the cheap double teaming and runs in. Chaos ensues. Blondes swing the RPMs to the ropes and go for back drops but the RPMs hit dual sunset flips as the Ref counts 1..2..3! RPMS celebrate but are nailed from behind by the Blondes. Blondes give them a good post match beating before leaving. 

Big John Studd vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

Brito has his moments and gives Studd a fight but Studd takes control with a big body slam and goes on a rampage before finishing Brito off with a double arm DDT! 

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "The Mastermind" Ron Fuller w/The Syndicate

Every since his plan came together at Parade of Champions, Fuller now wants to be known as the Mastermind. Brian Adias and Gary Young are dressed in street clothes as they accompany Fuller to the ring. The fans go wild when Orndorff comes down the aisle. Orndorff starts off with fire as he scoop slams Fuller several times then sends him over the top rope with a clothesline. The Syndicate are up on the apron distracting Orndorff which allows Fuller to regroup, sneak up and nail him from behind. Fuller takes control and the Syndicate interfere several times. Fuller misses a big elbow drop and Orndorff makes a tremendous comeback and is all over Fuller. Syndicate are on the apron again as the Ref is yelling at them. Once again Fuller takes advantage and clotheslines Orndorff from behind. The fans go crazy when Brad and Scott Armstrong (wearing jeans and T shirts) hop the railing and attack the Syndicate!!!! The fans are wildly cheering as the Armstrong's pound away. Fuller is furious and shocked as tries to head out there but Orndorff nails him with a high knee from behind and rolls him up 1..2..3!!!!! 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Grapplers (C) vs. The Karachi Vice 

Talk about a hard hitting match, this is it. These guys hammer away on each other for the first 10 minutes. The tide then turns several times as both teams show off some solid teamwork. Things get crazy at the 25 minute mark. The Grapplers send Gama over the top rope with a double clothesline. They swing Makhan to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. The Ref is trying to guide Grappler 1 to his corner. On the outside, Gama picks up a chair. Grappler 2 swings off the ropes but Gama nails him on the back with a chair! Grappler 1 sees this and runs over but once again the Ref is pushing him back to the corner. Grappler 1 is yelling at the Ref. Makhan picks up Grappler 2 and lays him face forward on the turnbuckles then backs up and hits a running splash! While Grappler 1 and the Ref are still arguing, Makhan runs over and sends Grappler 1 through the ropes with a forearm blast. Makhan tags in Gama. Gama applies the Camel Clutch on a knocked out Grappler 2. The Ref sees Grappler 2 is out and signals for the bell.

Karachi Vice are the NEW USWA Tag Team Champs!!!!!!! 

USWA Heavyweight Championship Bout 

These two gave the fans quite a match. It had wrestling, brawling, Baby Doll interfering, tempers exploding, both men bleeding and a lot of drama to keep the fans fully invested. After a wild 45 minutes, Tully chokes Lawler on the bottom rope. The Ref backs him off as Baby Doll gives Lawler a big time slap. Tully once again chokes Lawler on the rope and once again the Ref backs him off which of course Baby Doll gets in another slap but this time it wakes the King up. Tully picks up Lawler but Lawler starts firing away with his Memphis style punches. The fans roar as Lawler takes his strap down! Tully is back pedaling and begging. Lawler grabs him, winds up and sends him flying with a big right punch. Lawler picks up Tully and slams him down then drops 3 elbows on him. Lawler makes the signal and hops on the middle ropes. He bounces up and down then fly's off and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..NO! Baby Doll runs in and rakes Lawler's eyes! Massive BOOS as the Ref signals for the DQ. 

While Baby Doll is checking on Tully, Lawler shakes off the cobwebs. Lawler picks up Tully and piledrives him down! That gives the fans something to cheer about. Baby Doll is yelling at Lawler while Lawler sticks his boot on Tully's chest and motions for the title around his waist. 

Awesome set of shows this week.

Even though I enjoyed Lawler's feud with Adonis, I like him even better going after a title and Tully.

I was very interested to see what you did with Tommy Rich and 1/2 through his promo, I still wasn't sure but when he turned on Cooley, I was real excited.  Widlfire as a heel is perfect in Memphis and 1985!

Orndorff looking for a title!  This will be fun.

I have been rooting for Karachi Vice since they arrived in USWA and I am excited for their title run.

Brenda Britton with her own show!  This is a great addition to the show!

Nice job as always getting things out people from the top to the bottom of your roster.  The MAster G's are great and Vin Man was fun.

And let's not forget about Dick Slater.  We all need to keep an eye out as he could do anything!

Great show as always/

Lawler vs. Tully is a dream feud and I'm super excited to watch it play out here in the USWA!  Tully managed to keep the title with Baby Doll's help this time...but the King won't give up that easy.

Cooley vs. Tommy Rich is going to be a great feud! I always loved Rich as a heel in Memphis and Cooley has been built up so well here against Tommy's cousin and this feud will now put all the time and effort spent on that great feud to good work here!

Wow! Karachi Vice win the titles! I'm excited to see this and the Grapplers had an incredible run as champs....and I doubt they will walk away quietly.

Great stuff as always here in the USWA!

USWA TV @ The Civic Center Knoxville TN 6-12-85

Footage from the Hammond Center is shown as Karachi Vice defeats the Grapplers to win the USWA Tag Team Titles! Footage is also shown of Brad and Scott Armstrong coming out of the crowd to attack the Syndicate. Also shown is Baby Doll causing a DQ in the Blanchard/Lawler title bout. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. We'll hear from the new USWA tag team champions, the Karachi Vice. In action will be the former champs The Grapplers. Tony St. Clair will defend the TV title against Corporal Kirchner. Big John Studd, Rip Oliver and many more in action. Listen to this main event, the Syndicate will battle Brad and Scott Armstrong. All this and another segment with Brenda Britton. Fans before they get in the ring, the Grapplers wanted to say a few words. 

Grapplers come to the podium. 

Grappler 1 : Lance Russell, no other team had a run with the USWA titles like we did! We're not going to cry about the loss but it took a steel chair from Karachi Vice to put us down! 

Grappler 2: That's right! Karachi Vice knew they couldn't beat us like men! Get ready Karachi Vice because this isn't over! 

Grappler 1: We're coming after them and we're getting our titles back! 

The Grapplers vs. Trent Watkins and Todd Rooney 

Grapplers are all business as they totally destroy their opponents. Grapplers double clothesline Rooney over the top rope then double body slam Watkins. Grappler 1 hoists Watkins up and Grappler 2 nails him with a diving clothesline from the middle ropes to get the easy win. 

As the Grapplers are raising their arms in victory a man comes out and starts yelling at them.

troy.jpg.04067da456e5eb63c7eb3f4ca17b170f.jpg

Lance: Wait a minute! That's Troy Graham! We haven't seen him since him and Austin Idol lost the tag titles to the Grapplers a few months ago. What's he doing here? 

Graham is pointing and yelling at the Grapplers. The Grapplers head towards him and are yelling back down at him. 

WHAM!!!!

medics.jpg.6ec2f3d5277a95f3d4609a8c6ed02f3b.jpg

The Grapplers are nailed from behind by two men in white masks and white wrestling pants. The men give the Grapplers a beating while Graham is encouraging them to do more. They hurl Grappler 1 out of the ring. One man gets on the middle ropes. The other man catapults Grappler 2 up and into a diving clothesline! They pick up Grappler 2 and throw him to the outside. Graham heads over and starts stomping on both Grapplers. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok I'm here with Troy Graham and two masked men. Don't tell me you're still sore about losing the titles to the Grapplers? 

Graham: Good to see you to Lance. Now you just shut up because I have a lot to talk about. First off, everybody is to refer to me as Dr. Troy Graham! That's right, while I was away I went to Medical School and became a certified Doctor. 

Lance: Oh come on, that's not even possible.

Graham: It is for a man like me and I thought I told you to shut up. Gimmie that mic! Now being a doctor was very fulfilling but two things kept eating at me. That second rate masked team the Grapplers unmasked me on national TV! I bet you remembered that didn't you Lance? I sure never forgot it! Second thing was being cheated by those cheaters and losing the tag titles! You know what else bothered me? The Grapplers got an invitation to the Crockett Cup. But guess what? They lost to the Road Warriors. Since then they lost their tag titles and most of all they lost their killer instinct. Well now it's my time to finish them off. Standing behind me are my Medics! A true menacing masked team. A team with a real killer instinct. A team that would of won the Crockett Cup. They're going to take down and destroy the Grapplers and then I'm taking them to the top of the USWA. 

Lance: I don't believe a word that guy says. I don't think it will be as easy as he thinks taking the Grapplers down.  Fans, back to the ring. 

"Sweet" Norvell Austin vs. Willie Lopez 

The fans are up and cheering the charismatic Norvell. Norvell puts Lopez down with a back elbow smash and follows with a body slam. Norvell hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a flying leg drop for the pin! The fans cheer as Norvell does a little dance. 

Commercial Break 

Big John Studd vs. Gary Williams 

Studd squashes his opponent before finishing him off with a double arm DDT! Boos as Studd heads to the podium. 

Footage from the Parade of Champions Battle Royal is shown of Siva Afi winning. Studd debuts and smashes the trophy over Afi's back! 

Pre Recorded comments from Siva Afi

Afi: John Studd, don't think that I am some kind of victim. I'm coming back and I'm coming for you! The match is set for July 4th and this time we will be face to face and it will be a different story.

Lance: Ok, you heard it first. It's you and Siva Afi at the big Independence Day card at the Mid South Coliseum. 

Studd: I told him he should stay home and eat bananas but obviously he is a very stupid man. Siva Afi! I'm going to break every bone in your body! Trust me, you're going to wish you had just stayed home after I get done with you! 

Commercial Break 

"The Japanese Fury" Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. Neil Johnson 

yatsu.jpg.909cf588862a2a46c349b76e485b38da.jpg

Yatsu works his opponent over with amateur wrestling and martial arts moves. Boos as Bob Roop comes out scouting the match. Yatsu nails Johnson with a savate kick. The fans cheer as Yatsu finishes things off with an impressive sit out powerbomb! 

Roop has some threatening words for Yatsu before leaving. 

Lance: Impressive win for Yoshiaki Yatsu. One man who has his eye on him is Bob Roop. Those two are very well trained in amateur wrestling and I'm sure will put on one heck of a match. Fans I want to take you to some pre recorded comments from Wendell Cooley. We all saw the shocking events last week when Tommy Rich showed up and attacked Cooley. 

Cooley: Tommy Rich! I gave you the benefit of the doubt and that came back to bite me hard. So you want to avenge your cousin Johnny? Fine by me. Why don't we settle this on July 4th brother! You and me! And when it's all said and done, I'm going to send you packing just like I did your cousin! 

Lance: Ok, another big match set for the Independence day event. I also want to remind the fans in Jackson, the USWA will be there this weekend. Listen to this, next week we'll be at the Reunion Arena in Dallas. I've been informed that Tully Blanchard will defend the USWA title against Jerry Lawler and Baby Doll will be banned from ringside! 

Commercial Break 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich vs. Dave D'Arco 

Rich gets some serious heat tonight from the fans. Rich spends a lot of time yelling at the fans while working his opponent over. Rich finishes things off with the Thesz Press! Rich pushes the Ref out of his way then goes to the podium. 

Lance: You heard Cooley's comments. He wants you on Independence Day. 

Rich: Well that suits me just fine Lance! I came here for one reason and that's to get rid of Wendell Cooley. That's exactly what's going to happen on July 4th. Get ready boy because I'm all fired up! 

Lance: That should be a fight. Switching gears I want to bring out the new USWA Tag Team Champs, the Karachi Vice. 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Boos as Karachi Vice come out holding up the titles.

Makhan: We did what we said we were going to do and here we are! And to tell you the truth it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. 

Gama: Of course it was. The Grapplers could not compete with us! We are the far more superior team. There is nobody that can compete with us. Nobody! Before we go I must send out a fair warning to Carlos Colon. Colon, you started something in Japan with Tiger Jeet Singh and my friend he will not let this go. You have been warned. I also warn every team who steps into the ring with us. You will be annihilated! 

Lance: Very ominous words indeed. 

Commercial Break 

TV Title Bout 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair (C) w/Les Thornton vs. Corporal Kirchner 

St. Clair controls early with some solid mat work. St. Clair hip tosses Kirchner and gloats. St. Clair and Thornton have a good laugh. They lock up and Kirchner hip tosses St. Clair over. St. Clair gets up and Kirchner scoop slams him. St. Clair staggers up and Kirchner scoop slams him again. Kirchner swings off the ropes but Thornton trips him. Kirchner staggers then turns around and goes after Thornton. St. Clair gets up and sends Kirchner through the ropes with a high knee. St. Clair distracts the Ref while Thornton puts the boots to Kirchner. 

Cheers as Kirchner's partner, Don Kernodle runs out and punches Thornton! Kirchner rolls back into the ring. St. Clair is yelling at Kernodle. Kirchner nails St. Clair then hoists him up and hits a fall away slam! Boos as the Royal Battens come out and attack Kernodle! Kirchner sees what's going on and gets up then heads to the ropes. St. Clair crawls over and delivers a lowblow. St. Clair follows with a floating butterfly suplex for the pin! 

St. Clair, Thornton and the Royal Battens leave the fallen American Made behind. 

Lance: You talk about a sham. I think American Made will be looking for the so called Royal Battens. 

Commercial Break 

A shot of the pink "Beauty Shop" sign is shown then scans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody once again it's me Brenda Britton, here to add a little style and beauty to this show. Last week's show with the Fabulous Blonds drew some amazing ratings. It's so nice to be around real men and this week is no different. My guest is man with all the tools. Please welcome out Diamond Timothy Flowers. 

flowers.jpg.5c306ecc88288e82eeb64c6681a9b109.jpg

Flowers comes out in a glitter robe, sunglasses and a bandana. 

Flowers: Oh Brenda, this is truly an privilege. 

Britton: Oh the privilege is all mine. I know myself and all these simple minded fans are expecting big things from you. Oh and I do like your new look up top. 

Flowers: Thank you. I felt it was time for the blond hair to go. New territory, new freshly shaved head. new beginning if you will. 

Britton: Well put. You're so profound. Now I hear you have a problem with a particular somebody. 

Flowers: I sure do! He calls himself Sweet Norvell Austin and I just don't like him. He doesn't have my charisma or talent and I'm going to show him that real soon. I'm like the mailman, I always deliver and he wont be so sweet when I get done with him! 

Britton: You're so poetic! There you have it straight from Diamond Timothy Flowers. Until next week...TOOOOOOOODLES! 

Commercial Break 

"Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. Frankie Lorenzo 

Oliver is on fire as he back drops Lorenzo. Oliver goes to the middle ropes and finishes things off with the flying forearm blast! 

Lance: Rip, come on over. I just heard that you will get a shot at the TV title. But be aware of Les Thornton on the outside.

Oliver: I've worked long and hard for a title shot and if that goof Thornton thinks he's going to save his champ from me, well he's sadly mistaken. This is my time and I'm ready!

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, we all heard last week that Arnold Skaaland was going to introduce his team, The Elite. They will be facing the Club this weekend in Jackson. Arnold, come on out. Ok, where's this team you've been hyping up? 

Skaaland: Lance, this is the biggest announcement in the history of the USWA! I have put together two of the greatest talents in the entire wrestling world. The wait is over, let me introduce to you, the Elite, Greg Gagne and David Sammartino! 

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpgsammartino.jpg.8809fc0a45f28d7527f0739b7f0e06ae.jpg

Boos as Gagne and David come out wearing suits. 

Skaaland: (takes his towel off his shoulder) Now it's clearly no secret who their fathers are. I've known both of their fathers for years. Now, I've had several long talks with both of these accomplished wrestlers. I told them I understood the pressures of living up to their father's legacies. That's just to much to live up to and there's no reason why they have to. I have released Greg and David from those chains. They can now be themselves and forget their fathers. They can now create their own legacy and that's what we're going to do. It starts in Jackson with The Club. Then it's on to heights they could never have imagined. They will surpass everything their fathers accomplished. You're looking at the Elite and they're going to take the USWA by storm. Tomorrow night is phase one. 

Lance: Well I wasn't expecting that. Big surprise from Arnold Skaaland. The names Sammartino and Gagne are defiantly synonymous with wrestling. The Elite debut tomorrow night in Jackson as they take on The Club. Back to the ring. 

Chief Joe Lightfoot vs. Larry Johnson 

Joe looks sharp tonight. He body slams Johnson then goes to the top rope. Johnson staggers up and Lightfoot nails him with a tomahawk chop for the win! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, just a reminder, next week at the Reunion Arena, Tully Blanchard will defend the USWA title against Jerry Lawler and Baby Doll will be banned from ringside. We'll hear from both men next week. Also next week, Central States Champ Carlos Colon will be back from Japan. Dick Slater will be in action as well as Diamond Timothy Flowers. Big tag match as the Rock n Roll RPMs take on the Fabulous Blondes. Another vignette from the Vin Man. Also, Dr. Troy Graham's Medics will be in action as well as the Master G's. Should be a great program. Before we get to our main event, Spike Huber has requested some time. Spike come on over. 

huber.jpg.9b04e0ced660c86a98c038c0f0170513.jpg

Boos as Huber come out wearing his construction attire and holding up his sledgehammer. 

Huber: I already said this but I'll say it again. I'm the foreman which means I'm the boss. I need to set a precedence around here that I'm running things. I went to the so called President Jerry Jarrett and demanded a match at the Independence Day card. And not just any opponent. No sir, I want to beat the so called best so I will be wrestling Mr. Blunderful Paul Orndorff. That guy thinks he can walk in here like he owns the place. Not while I'm the Boss! Look at this body! He cant compare. He cant keep up with me in the ring. Blunderful! You don't stand a chance buddy! You do have good hands so I'll think about giving you a job as a laborer on my crew. How's that sound?

Lance: Alright, I think he's going to get a lot more than he bargained for when he faces Orndorff on July 4th. Our main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

Brad and Scott Armstrong vs. The Syndicate w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller  

This one goes back to Parade of Champions when Fuller attacked Bob Armstrong after his cage match. Bob was laid up in the hospital for a couple weeks. The Syndicate put Steve Armstrong in the hospital. Brad and Scott showed up at the Hammond Arena and attacked the Syndicate. So here we are.

The bell rings and fists are flying! The Ref just cant get control but let's them go at it for a bit. Finally order is restored. The Armstrong's are all over the Syndicate. Scott hits a missile dropkick on Young. Adias runs in but Brad punches him back. The Armstrong's swing Young to the ropes and nail him with a double drop kick 1..2..Fuller hits the ring and stomps on Scott! Brad runs over and fires away on Fuller. Adias clotheslines Brad from behind and puts the boots to him. Fuller drops several elbows on Brad while the Syndicate pummel Scott. The show ends with Fuller and the Syndicate beating down the Armstrong's. 

USWA in Jackson tomorrow night. 

Next week at the Reunion Arena

And don't forget the big Independence Day Event at the Mid South Coliseum on July 4th.  

I'm such a fan of Troy Graham and this is just classic Troy Graham here.....LOVE the promo!  He managed to become a doctor in the few months he's been gone, just really great stuff!  I look forward to seeing the Medics take on the Grapplers!

I've enjoyed the build so far to Studd vs. Sivi Afi, while Studd has a huge size advantage but Afi has been impressive in the USWA and might just surprise everybody.

Rich vs. Cooley is the feud I have my eye on right now…..Wendell vs. Johnny was great and this feud regardless of who comes out on top will elevate Cooley even more as Rich is nationally known and a former World Champion and I'm sure "Wildfire" has a few more dirty tricks up his sleeve than cousin Johnny.

The new tag champs with some strong words for any potential challengers as well as Carlos Colon, sounds like Carlos better start finding some back up!

Brenda's Beauty Shop is a great way to introduce Diamond Timothy Flowers…..looks like he's got his sights on starting trouble with "Sweet" Norvell that should be a fun feud to get both guys going here in the USWA.

Wow……the gates of hell have officially swung wide open…..Greg Gagne teaming with David Sammartino! May God have mercy on all our souls LOL.  Just kidding this will be a fun team to follow!

Spike Huber is great as the foreman….but I'm afraid he's going to end up a couple of inches shorter after taking "Mr. Wonderful" piledriver after calling him "Mr. Blunderful".

I like the new moniker for Ron Fuller, "the Mastermind" is a great and accurate name. For anyone not familiar Fuller, I highly suggest seeking out some old Southeastern and early Continental on youtube…Ron Fuller is a master heel who is great on the mic…..I'm excited to see the Fuller/Armstrong rivalry alive and well here in the USWA!

USWA @ The Jackson Coliseum 6-13-85

"The Foreman" Spike Huber vs. Chief Joe Lightfoot 

These two recently had a TV match and Huber pulled off the win thanks to his sledgehammer. They really go at it for a few minutes. Huber swings Lightfoot to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Lightfoot swings back and hits a flying body press but Huber catches him and powerslams him over for the pin. 

Winner of the match- Spike Huber 

Bob Roop vs. "The Japanese Fury" Yoshiaki Yatsu

Since Parade of Champions, the fans have taking a liking to Yatsu. Roop cant believe the fans are cheering Yatsu instead of a true American like himself. Both men are well trained in amateur wrestling and it shows tonight as they put on a wrestling clinic. 10 minutes isn't enough time as the match ends in a draw. After the match, Roop sucker punches Yatsu. Roop swings Yatsu to the ropes and misses a back elbow smash, Yatsu swings back and sends Roop flying through the ropes with a flying kick to the chest! 

Official Ruling- A DRAW 

American Made vs. The Royal Battens w/Les Thornton

This is a fast paced high impact match! They go at it for a good 20 minutes. Battens take control thanks to a distraction from Thornton. Battens swing Kirchner to the ropes and put him down with a double dropkick. Sir Brad covers but Kernodle breaks the count. Sir Mark runs in but Kernodle clotheslines him down. Thornton gets on the apron and the Ref runs over and yells at him, this allows Kernodle to pick up Sir Brad and drop him with a fireman's carry slam. Kirchner rolls over on top as the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! 

Winners of the match- American Made

"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller vs. "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler 

Fuller does a great job of stalling until Tyler gets fed up and unloads on him. It's all Tyler as he uses a variety of power moves that has Fuller bumping all around the ring. Tyler swings Fuller into the corner and charges in but Fuller lifts both knees and nails him in the face. Fuller executes a back breaker then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop to get the win. Fuller grabs the house mic and says "I want to say hello to my good buddy Bob Armstrong. I understand he was finally released from the hospital. Don't you worry Bob, I'll be here waiting" That got the fans really riled up. 

Winner of the match- Ron Fuller

The Club (Mike George and Steve O) vs. The Elite (Greg Gagne and David Sammartino) w/Arnold Skaaland

The Club take off their matching boxing robes and wait patiently in the ring. Skaaland leads his new team down the aisle. They're wearing matching sweat suits as Skaaland is waving his towel. The fans are booing big time. Greg and David get in the ring and give the fans arrogant smirks while shaking their heads. They do the same to the Club. 

The Club have been waiting for this moment and they take control in the early minutes. The Elite get frustrated and go to the outside to regroup with Skaaland. Of course the fans are booing. Skaaland starts yelling up at George which allows David to sneak up from behind and nail George. Greg and David start flowing and control the match with a variety of wrestling maneuvers and double teaming. George finally makes the hot tag and Steve O is a house of fire! Greg and David try to double team him but George runs in and its chaos. Skaaland is up on the apron distracting the Ref. George hits a running shoulder breaker on David and is covering but the Ref is distracted. The fans cheer as a returning BRUCE HART runs to the ring! But wait! He climbs the ropes and fly's off with a forearm drop on George's head! He puts David on top. Steve O and Greg are fighting in the corner while the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! The Elite bail out of the ring. Hart and Skaaland join them as they smile and raise each others arms while the fans boo. 

Winners of the match- The Elite

These two have developed a rivalry and Flowers had some choice words for Norvell on Brenda Britton's Beauty Shop. 

Things stay pretty clean for a bit until Flowers nailed Norvell with a punch when the Ref was trying to break them up. Flowers then goes to work as he breaks all the rules. He chokes Norvell on the top rope then slings him back. After a few stomps and a boot rake across the face, Flowers gets on the top rope. Flowers spends way to much time taunting the fans. Norvell gets up, runs over and slams Flowers off the top rope. The fans cheer as Norvell pumps his fists then unloads on Flowers. Norvell back drops Flowers follows with a scoop slam and elbow drop but cant put Flowers away. Flowers rolls out of the ring and reaches in his tights. Flowers gets back on the apron at the Ref's count of 9. Norvell runs over, Flowers swings but Norvell ducks and goes to suplex Flowers back in the ring but Flowers punches his head with a foreign object and crashes down on top of Norvell 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match- Timothy Flowers

Central States Title Bout 

Carlos Colon (C) vs. "Dirty" Dick Slater 

Colon just got back from Japan and has no time to rest because as soon as the bell rings, Slater is all over him. Slater pounds away on Colon with punches, stomps, slams and knee drops. Slater goes to the top rope. Colon staggers up and Slater comes down with a double axehandle but Colon punches him in the mid section and Slater flips over. The fans cheer as Colon punches away on Slater, swings him to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Colon swings off the ropes and crashes down with a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. 

There's a commotion in the crowd. From out of nowhere, Tiger Jeet Singh hits the ring! Colon turns around and Singh throws a fireball in his face!!!!!! 

The Ref signals for the DQ. Colon is rolling around holding his face. Slater gets up, sees what's going on and simply walks out of the ring. Singh is walking around the ring like a madman. Officials run in the ring but Singh starts throwing them back out of the ring. It's chaos! Mass security hits the ring and finally Singh leaves. Medics arrive to flush Colon's eyes and get him out of there. 

Winner of the match by DQ and still Central States Champ- Carlos Colon 

There's a short intermission while things settle down. 

USWA Champ Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll/Big John Studd/Tommy "Wildfire" Rich 

vs

Jerry "The King" Lawler/"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Big time main event that gives the fans their money's worth. They go back and forth for 45 minutes. Lawler and Tully have their wild moments. Rich and Cooley have several brawls. Orndorff matches power with Studd. The match has it all. Of course chaos ensues as Rich and Cooley fight through the ropes and brawl all around the ring. Orndorff and Studd are clobbering each other and end up fighting through the ropes. Tully and Lawler are still the legal men. Tully slams Lawler by the ropes. Baby Doll runs over and slaps Lawler. Tully picks up Lawler and goes for his slingshot suplex but Lawler fights it, kicks Tully and hoists him up and delivers a slingshot suplex! 1..2..3! Lawler beats Tully with his own move! The fans go nuts! 

Winners of the match- Jerry Lawler, Paul Orndorff and Wendell Cooley 

The "Foreman" picks up a nice win here!

Hard hitting match up between Roop and Yatsu, looking forward to their next confrontation

American Made beats the Battens but I don't think they've heard the last of the Battens though

Fuller gets a win but more importantly continues to prod Bullet Bob

Off to a great start….the Elite are everything I hoped they would be.

Flowers cheats to get a win over "Sweet" Norvell…..Norvell isn't above breaking the rules if they meet again.

Tiger Jeet Singh lights up Carlos and gets Slater DQ'd, can't blame Slater for not making a federal case out of it

What a huge main event! Not only that but the King manages to beat Tully with his own move!! I have to think there will be hell to pay for embarrassing the champ to this extent!

I always liked Dream Machine/Troy Graham and I am glad you picked him back up.  The Grapplers seem to go from one feud to the next but I wonder if they can survive this one with the Medics

Sivi Afi better be careful.  He might just be a grape that gets squashed here as Studd gets his USWA career going.

Wildfire Rich was my favorite but that Lou Thesz Press was always a week finisher!  Looking forward to seeing him vs Cooley.

American Made is ready to explode here.

Timonthy Flowers in the Beauty Shop was a good read.

I think Gagne and Samartino is a perfect team.  Wonder what their fathers think of them now!

Huber better be careful calling out people like Orndorff even if he is the Foreman

Wild ending to the TV show that shows the heels in charge.

As for the sow in Jackson...

That was a lot of star talent!

Tiger Jeet with the fireball.  Will Carlos recover?

Flowers finds a way to get the heat on him

THe main event was perfect...the fans come home happy but three feuds get some attention

USWA TV @ The Civic Center Knoxville TN 6-19-85

Show opens with footage from Jackson as Tiger Jeet Singh throws a fireball at Carlos Colon's face! Chaos ensues as officials run in the ring to help Colon but Singh is beating them up and throwing them out of the ring. 

Lance: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. We all just witnessed that despicable and downright disgusting act by Tiger Jeet Singh. I understand Carlos is back home in Puerto Rico where he will undergo treatment for his burns. I have sad news to report and that is Colon will not be able to defend the Central States Title within the next 30 days therefore tomorrow night at the Reunion Arena, Paul Orndorff and Dick Slater will wrestle for the Central States title. We'll hear from both men later on. I just want to say Carlos Colon was a true fighting champ and didn't deserve this. We wish him a very speedy recovery. Singh isn't even employed in the USWA. I know Jerry Jarrett is in Japan right now trying to make sure Singh is severely punished for his deplorable actions. 

There's a buzz in the crowd as Hercules Ayala storms the podium! 

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Ayala: Mr. Jarrett, you want to punish Tiger Jeet Singh? Then put him in the ring with me! Everybody knows that Carlos Colon and myself have been in many ring wars. We have beaten each other up and made each other bleed. I don't like Colon and he don't like me! But one thing we have for each other is respect! We fought like men, with our fists! Singh! You must pay for what you did! You crossed a line and I'm challenging to a fight on July 4th! Mr. Jarrett you talk to whoever you have to and make this happen! 

Ayala storms off and is getting cheered!?!? 

Lance: How about that! We haven't seen Ayala since Parade of Champions when he in fact lost to Colon in a taped fist match. Ayala is obviously a man who believes in respect. Ok, a lot happening tonight so let's get to the ring! 

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. Trent Watkins 

Flowers takes off his glitter robe, sunglasses and bandana. He rubs his bald head and is ready for action. Flowers punches, kicks and stomps his opponent down while also taking time to antagonize the fans. Flowers back drops Watkins. Watkins staggers up and Flowers puts him down with a Cutter to win the match! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans I want to remind you that the USWA will be at the Reunion Arena this weekend. You will see Paul Orndorff and Dick Slater wrestle for the Central States title. Also a big return match as Tully Blanchard defends the USWA title against Jerry Lawler and Baby Doll will be banned from ringside. Joining me now is the King Jerry Lawler! 

Huge ovation as Lawler comes out and raises his fist.

Lance: Well King, you get your big rematch this weekend. Last time Baby Doll interfered and caused a DQ but this weekend she will be banned from ringside. 

Lawler: I've always known Tully Blanchard was a coward and of course he proves it by allowing a woman to make sure he holds on to the title. He's a disgrace to that title and I'm going to make sure honor is restored when I take that title from him! 

Boos as Tully and Baby Doll walk out.

Tully: And here we are again! Poor Lawler doesn't get the job done so he goes crying to his best buddy Jerry Jarrett. And of course Jarrett gives his golden boy what he wants. What a sham! Why is Baby Doll banned? She's a licensed manager! I cant believe all the shady politics and back room dealings that goes on here. Nick Bockwinkel tried to warn me. Boy was he right. Unless your name is Lawler, you'll never get a fair shake. Hey Lawler, what dirty secret do you have on Jarrett? There's got to be something. There's something going on with the two of you and it's pretty damn strange. Wait....he's not really your dad is he? 

Lawler punches Tully!!! Tully is down. Lawler puts his knee on Tully's chest and unloads with punches! Prelim wrestlers run out to stop this. 

Commercial Break 

The Master G's vs. Neil Johnson and Willie Lopez 

George and Gerry are in total synch tonight. The fans cheer as they finish things off with a double running tackle! 

Lance: Master G's come on over. I have some great news for you. On July 4th at the Mid South Coliseum, you two will get a tag team title shot against Karachi Vice. 

Wells: Lance, Gerry and I have worked really hard to get to this point and brother we're ready for some gold baby! 

Morrow: That's right! We've been a solid and cohesive unit and come July 4th we'll be champions! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, the Master G's will get a title shot on July 4th at the big Independence Day Show. I want to bring in their opponents, the current champs, Karachi Vice. First I have to ask. Last time you gave an ominous warning to Carlos Colon, now what exactly is your relationship with Tiger Jeet Singh. 

Gama: It's none of your business! I gave Colon a fair warning out of the kindness of my heart and that fool did not listen! So he paid dearly! You see, Tiger Jeet Singh cannot be controlled! Hercules Ayala made a grave mistake by getting involved and he will find that out very soon. You do not provoke a beast! Makhan, tell all these idiots what we will do to the Master G's.

Makhan: They will be no challenge whatsoever! We will annihilate them and there will be nothing left of the Master G's! 

Lance: Ok, two very intimidating men. I have a feeling there's more to their relationship with Tiger Jeet Singh and that could be trouble. Back to the ring. 

Bob Roop vs. Chief Joe Lightfoot 

Lightfoot frustrates Roop with a series of hip tosses and dropkicks. Every time Roop tries to get the advantage, Lightfoot counters. Lightfoot swings Roop to the ropes and puts him down with a chop. Lightfoot swings off the ropes and goes for a splash but Roop sticks his knees up. Roop regroups and takes control. Roop executes a shoulder breaker 1..2..Roop lifts Lightfoot up as the fans boo. Roop executes another shoulder breaker 1..2..3! 

Roop stomps down on Lightfoot's shoulder, hoists him up and hits another shoulder breaker! Massive boos as Roop hoists Lightfoot up again. The Ref is yelling at Roop. Cheers as Yoshiaki Yatsu hits the ring and kicks Roop's back! Lightfoot falls on Roop. Yatsu picks up Roop and unleashes a series of palm strikes before Roop falls through the ropes. Yatsu stands over Lightfoot as Roop clears the cobwebs and yells up at Yatsu. 

Lance: I for one am glad Yatsu showed up. Roop could of seriously injured Lightfoot. I know Roop and Yatsu will go at it again soon. Right now I want to bring out Brad and Scott Armstrong. Boys, I hear you have a special announcement. 

Brad: You bet we do Lance! You know we've been locking horns with the Syndicate and that snake Ron Fuller always wants to stick his nose in things. Fuller! We've also been listening to your sick comments about our dad. Well guess what? On July 4th, Bullet Bob will be back! That's right! It's the Armstrong's vs. The Syndicate and you Ron Fuller! 

Scott: We're coming for you Syndicate! And Ron, the Bullet is all yours buddy! 

Lance: Wow! Bullet Bob returns on July 4th. I wouldn't want to be Ron Fuller that night. 

Commercial Break 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Todd Rooney 

The fans are up and cheering as Cooley hits a dropkick on Rooney. Cooley grabs Rooney and executes an overhead back suplex. Cooley wrenches on a headlock and hits a running bulldog for the pin! Cooley pumps his fists to the fans and heads to the podium. 

Cooley: July 4th! It's me and you Rich! I hoped you called your cousin because he would tell you the fight you have coming. Believe me brother, I'm bringing a fight that you cant imagine.

Lance: Looks like Tommy Rich isn't the only one fired up around here. The Beauty Shop when we return.  

Commercial Break 

The camera pans to the pink "Beauty Shop" sign then down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: As I told you last week, the ratings are going through the roof when the Beauty Shop comes on. This week, I'm expecting record numbers because my guests are The Elite led of course by Arnold Skaaland. 

Skaaland (wearing a cheap suit and holding a towel) comes out with Greg Gagne, David Sammartino and Bruce Hart (All wearing suits) 

Britton: Welcome gentlemen. Wow this is a thrill to be standing along side of greatness. Mr. Skaaland I have to say I think you're a genius. I mean last week you introduce Greg Gagne and David Sammartino and now you have acquired Bruce Hart. Just brilliant.

Skaaland: Brenda, you may call me Arnold. And yes I believe I am a genius. I said it was time for Greg and David to shine and create their own legacy in this business. Then I told Bruce the same thing. Family got him hurt. Family let him down. It's time to focus on what Bruce can do. It's time all three of these men show the world why they are elite. You see, I can team any of these guys up and get an amazing combination. I can also have any of these three men go after single's titles. So yes that is brilliant.

Britton: Boy, I'll say. Now listen to this. Brenda Britton gets all the hot scoops and everybody is hearing this first on my show. On the July 3rd TV show. Your boys the Elite will face those big dummies The Club and that big dope Buzz Tyler. The winners will be crowned the Central States 6 Man Champs! How's that sound? 

The Elite all smile and shake hands like they already won the match.

Skaaland: You see, in only a matter of weeks, these gentlemen are champions! You made our day Brenda and you're invited to our big celebration party.

Britton: Well that sounds just dandy. Until next week, toooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

The Medics w/Dr. Troy Graham vs. Gary Williams and Sam Smith 

medics.jpg.6ec2f3d5277a95f3d4609a8c6ed02f3b.jpg

Graham is on the outside, yelling at the fans and into the camera while the Medics destroy their opponents. Medic 2 gets on the middle ropes. Medic 1 catapults Smith up and Medic 2 nails him with a diving clothesline to get the easy pin! Boos as Graham instructs the Medics to inflict more punishment. The Medics double clothesline Williams over the top rope. They pick up Smith, swing him to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline. Graham and the Medics go to the podium. 

troy.jpg.04067da456e5eb63c7eb3f4ca17b170f.jpg

Lance: Well Graham, your Medics really did a number in there but they have a tough task coming up on July 4th when they meet the Grapplers.

Graham: Did you call me Graham? It's Doctor Graham you stooge! I earned my degree and I've earned the respect! Got it! 

Lance: (Rolls his eyes) Yea I got it. I want to show you some pre recorded comments from the Grapplers.

grapplers.jpg.408acf3d2d13235c4aedaf324fca1294.jpg

Grappler 1: So Troy Graham is back and is looking for payback? Good luck boy because they only thing you're going to get is another beating! 

Grappler 2: You say we lost our killer instinct since losing to the Road Warriors? Hey we received an invitation to the Crockett Cup so we would like to extend an invitation to the Road Warriors. Anytime they want to come down here for a match well bring it on! We'll prove to them and the Medics why we're the greatest team in wrestling.

Grappler 1: July 4th! We're going to take care of the Medics and then we're going to take care of you Graham! 

Lance: I don't think they lost anything. 

Graham: Oh really? Where are their titles? (Laughs) They're to easy. I've got them thinking about the Road Warriors when they better be focused on my Medics. They really are stupid! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans please welcome out Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff.

Massive cheers as Orndorff comes out and gives them a double bicep pose.

WHAM!!! He's nailed from behind by Dick Slater! Slater hammers on Orndorff then grabs him by his hair, runs with him and slams his head on the apron. Slater stomps on Orndorff as officials come out. Slater heads to the podium. 

Slater: That Central States title should be mine! It is mine! Orndorff! I'm going to beat you down and get that title because I deserve it! 

Slater storms off. 

Lance: Oh my. Ok, Orndorff and Slater will wrestle for the Central States title this weekend at the Reunion Arena. Fans, big main event for next week's show as Tony St. Clair will defend the TV title against Rip Oliver! Also, Siva Afi returns to action as he gets ready for Big John Studd on July 4th. Should be a great program. Before we go to commercial let's here from Vinnie Valentino.

Vinnie is sitting on the beach while woman are massaging him and rubbing lotion on his back. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vinnie: Oh hey there, it's me the Vin Man and as you can see I'm getting my mind right for my blockbuster debut on July 4th. That means I will finally get rid of that square Gino Brito. I'm a man of the 80s and I'm the future of wrestling. There's no room for geeks like Brito. Out with the old and in with the new. See you all soon. Oh it's great to be me! 

Commercial Break 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. Mark Rolston 

brito.jpg.8abf5075b90fbf24528b06dd3d8303e8.jpg

Brito executes a shin breaker then clamps on the figure four to get the win. Brito heads to the podium. 

Lance: Well you saw the Vin Man again. Your thoughts Gino? 

Gino: He doesn't seem to be taking things seriously but on July 4th I'm going to knock the arrogance right out of him! 

Lance: I think Gino Brito is fed up and I don't blame him. Our tag team main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

The Rock n Roll RPMS vs. The Fabulous Blondes 

rpms.jpg.64c485c4603516c11a7ce5ccbb345078.jpgregal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpgchick.jpg.c5d247e42cb1ea4e0a508ccb5cf7819b.jpg

These teams put on a classic tag team match. It's fast paced and hard hitting. Lane swings off the ropes but Donovan nails him with a knee to the back from the apron. Lane staggers into a snap suplex by Regal. Regal tags in Donovan. Regal holds Lane as Donovan crashes down from the top rope with a double axehandle to the head 1..2..Kick Out. Donovan swings Lane to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Donovan executes a rib breaker then tags in Regal. They double slam Lane 1..2..Davis breaks it. Davis and Donovan start fighting as the Ref tries to break them up. The Ref guides Donovan back. Davis slams Regal which allows Lane to crawl over and make the tag. Davis is all over Regal. Swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Donovan runs in but Davis dropkicks him back. Regal slowly gets up and Davis hits a sunset flip 1..2..Donovan runs over and breaks it. Lane runs in and it's a pier six brawl. The Ref finally gets some control as he guides Lane back. Davis picks up Regal for a slam but Donovan runs over and clips the knee! Regal falls on Davis. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Boos as Donovan helps Regal out of the ring. They hug and celebrate like they just won the lottery. 

Lance: Well the Fabulous Blondes pull one over on the RPMS. I don't think things will end there between those teams. Fans, we'll have highlights next week from the Reunion Arena. Also next week the big TV title bout. And don't forget about the big Independence Day show on July 4th at the Mid South Coliseum. I'll see ya next week. 

Reunion Arena 6-20-85

USWA Title Bout- Baby Doll banned from ringside

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

For the Central States Title 

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "Dirty" Dick Slater 

Independence Day Show, Mid South Coliseum July 4th 

The USWA Title will be defended

The Central States Title will be defended

Matches signed

USWA Tag Title Bout 

Karachi Vice (C) vs. The Master G's 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley 

The Armstrong's vs. "The Mastermind" Ron Fuller and The Syndicate

Big John Studd vs. "The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi 

The Grapplers vs. The Medics w/Dr. Troy Graham 

Hercules Ayala vs. Tiger Jeet Singh- Pending on Jerry Jarrett's decision 

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. "Sweet" Norvell Austin

The Vin Man vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

USWA @ The Reunion Arena 6-20-85

Hercules Ayala vs. Dave Shelby

Ayala destroys his opponent then clamps on the bearhug runs him into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over for the pin! 

The Elite w/Arnold Skaaland and Bruce Hart vs. The Club w/Buzz Tyler

After going at it for a few minutes chaos ensues as Bruce Hart tries to interfere but Buzz Tyler runs over and they start brawling on the outside. The Ref gets distracted by this which allows Skaaland to hand Gagne a loaded towel. Steve O has David up in an airplane spin but Gagne nails Steve with the loaded towel. George runs over and punches Gagne while David is on top of Steve. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! 

Winners of the match- The Elite 

Bob Roop vs. "The Japanese Fury" Yoshiaki Yatsu 

These guys have been going at it on the loop. Tonight they work a very stiff match. Both wrestlers fight through the ropes and continue fighting on the outside as the Ref counts them both out. 

Official ruling- A Double C.O.

"Crippler" Rip Oliver and American Made vs. TV Champ Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair and The Royal Battens w/Les Thornton 

This match goes a solid 20 minutes. A pier six brawl happens. During the chaos, Oliver nails Sir Brad with a diving clothesline from the middle ropes to score the win! After the match, St. Clair nails Oliver with a high knee to the back before retreating. 

Winners of the match- Rip Oliver and American Made 

"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller vs. Brad Armstrong 

Brad wants some payback for his dad and he's all over Fuller in the opening minutes. Fuller comes back and takes pleasure in punishing Brad. The fans fire Brad up and he comes back with a flurry. Brad goes for a Russian Leg Sweep but Fuller holds on to the ropes and Brad crashes down hard. Fuller covers and puts his feet on the ropes 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match- Ron Fuller 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and "Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley and "Sweet" Norvell Austin 

Two feuds in one match. Rich avoids Cooley most of the match except when Flowers has him down then Rich takes advantage. Flowers and Norvell are going at it. Norvell knocks Flowers back to the corner with a dropkick. Flowers tags in Rich. Norvell quickly tags in Cooley. Rich tries to backpedal but Cooley catches him and unloads. Flowers runs in but Norvell is all over him. Rich rakes Cooley's eyes and goes for a slam but Cooley executes a quick cradle 1..2..3! Oh man Rich is livid! 

Winners of the Match- Wendell Cooley and Norvell Austin 

For the Central States Title 

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "Dirty" Dick Slater 

Carlos Colon had to vacate the title due to the vicious attack by Tiger Jeet Singh. The USWA made a quick decision and signed this match. 

Slater attacked Orndorff on TV yesterday and tries to do the same here but Orndorff is ready and fires away on Slater. Orndorff is all over Slater with slams, elbow drops and knee drops. Orndorff reaches down to grab Slater but Slater grabs his tights and hurls him out of the ring. Orndorff tries to get back on the apron but Slater knocks him back with a baseball slide. Slater goes to the outside and hammers away on Orndorff then slams his head on the apron and rolls him back in the ring. Orndorff is bleeding. Slater hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Slater works Orndorff over with stomps and chokes. Slater hoists Orndorff up and vertical suplexes him back 1..2..Orndorff gets his foot on the rope. Slater berates the Ref. Slater goes for another suplex but Orndorff blocks it and suplexes Slater! The fans are behind Orndorff as he comes back and goes to town on Slater. Orndorff puts Slater down with a back elbow smash, picks him up and hits a gutwrench suplex but cant put Slater away. Slater hits Orndorff with a low blow then nails him with an uppercut. Slater continues his assault then hops on the middle ropes and goes for a knee drop but Orndorff moves. Both men are reeling. They stagger up and Orndorff grabs Slater and puts him down with a short arm clothesline. The fans go wild as Orndorff hoists Slater up and drops him with the PILEDRIVER 1..2..3! Slater's foot was under the ropes but the Ref didn't see it. 

Winner of the Match and new Central States Champ- Paul Orndorff! 

A bloody Orndorff gets a standing ovation as the Ref hands him the Central States title. Orndorff holds it up high. 

USWA Heavyweight Title Bout 

Baby Doll is banned from ringside

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

Tully and Lawler have developed quite a hatred for each other and as soon as the bell rings fists are flying! Lawler unloads and sends Tully through the ropes with a big right punch. Lawler goes to the outside, picks up Tully and rams him shoulder first into the steel post. Lawler hurls Tully back in the ring. Lawler hops up on the middle ropes. Tully staggers up and Lawler puts him down with a double axehandle 1..2..Tully gets his shoulder up. Lawler swings Tully into the corner and charges in but Tully lifts both feet and nails the incoming Lawler. Tully regroups.

Tully stomps on Lawler then rakes his boot across his face. Tully drops several consecutive elbows and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Tully is furious and starts choking Lawler. Tully chokes Lawler on the bottom rope then swings off the ropes and nails Lawler with a body guillotine. Tully executes a backbreaker then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Lawler gets his shoulder up. Tully is irate and screams at the Ref. Tully slams Lawler then goes for the Sling Shot Suplex but Lawler starts firing away with punches. Lawler then back drops out of it.

The fans are roaring as Lawler takes his strap down! Tully rises and Lawler unloads with his Memphis punches. swings Tully to the ropes and puts him down with a big fist. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a stomp to Tully's chest. Lawler swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Tully gets his shoulder up then quickly rolls out of the ring. Tully is staggering and falling all over the place. Tully goes to the table and grabs his belt. The fans boo as Tully is walking out! Lawler and the Ref go to the outside. Then Tully blatantly hits Lawler with the belt in front of the Ref. 

The Ref signals for the DQ as the fans start throwing trash at Tully. Tully almost causes a riot as Lawler gets to his knees and Tully blasts him with the belt again! The heat gets so bad, Security has to come and escort Tully out of there.

Winner of the match by DQ- Jerry Lawler.

However Tully Blanchard remains USWA Champion. 

BOOOOOOOOO! 

USWA continues to be on a roll.

Nice creative way of getting the title off of Colon and getting Ayala some love with the fans as he goes after Singh.

You always do a great job with your interviews but I thought Tully was spot on here. I could just hear him speak as I read his promo.  Tully vs Lawler!  Main event anywhere in the country!

Nice job pushing the Master G's but again, it was Lance's Come on Over comment after their match that brought me back to 1985!  Awesome job adding all of those subtle things that make USWA special.

Anytime we get an Armstrong/Fuller match, it is must see Wrestling

WOW... look at those last names in Skaaland's Group!

I really like Dream Machines's new role and the Medics are going to be be fun to watch. The Grarapplers better be ready

Slater vs Orndorff... this is one heck of a match.  Made me wonder who is tougher in real life?

Vinnie on the Beach!  Awesome

Great Card at ReUnion Arena.

Skaaland and the Last Name Gang off to a nice start

Brad still looking for some revenge against Fuller after going down in defeat

Wow... Cooley with a clean pin of Wildfire!  I know it was a tag match but is Cooley going to take out both Rich's here in the USWA!

Orndorff as the new champ!  Couldn't go wrong either way here.  Would love to see more of Slater coming after Mr. Wonderful

Great write-up of the Lawler/Blanchard match.  That is one thing I struggle with and it was nice to see you put the time and effort into it.  Looking forward to another round of these two down the road!

USWA TV @ The Civic Center Knoxville TN 6-26-85

Footage is shown from the Reunion Arena as Paul Orndorff defeats Dick Slater to become the Central States Champ. Also shown is Tully Blanchard intentionally getting DQed in his title defense with Jerry Lawler. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. We've got a lot to talk about and plenty of action. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff is the new Central States Champion. We'll be hearing from him tonight. Siva Afi returns to action. The Armstrong's, Syndicate, Elite, Club, Buzz Tyler and the Royal Battens will all be in action. Our main event is a big one as Tony St. Clair defends the TV title against Rip Oliver. Right now I want to bring out the head of the USWA Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I know you have a lot to talk about so the floor is yours. 

Jarrett: Thank you very much Lance. As you know the USWA will be at the Mid South Coliseum on July 4th for a big Independence Day event. I promised the fans a USWA title bout and that's exactly what they're going to get. Last weekend at the Reunion Arena, Tully Blanchard blatantly got himself disqualified in his match with Jerry Lawler. So on July 4th, Tully will defend the USWA title against Jerry Lawler and if Tully gets counted out or disqualified he will lose the title! Another match set for July 4th will be Hercules Ayala against Tiger Jeet Singh. Lance, I was in Japan last week with officials to discuss a punishment for Singh stemming from that horrible act perpetrated on Carlos Colon. I heard Ayala's plea and find it very admirable. Singh must face Ayala. 

Lance: Wow, a lot happening....

Boos as Tully Blanchard and Baby Doll come to the podium. 

Tully: Well will you look at this. I finally have Jerry Jarrett in the same room. I'm the USWA champ and this guy doesn't even return my phone calls. 

Jarrett: Tully, you know I just got back from Japan. Maybe you should be focusing on defending the title like a true champion instead of taking cheap ways out. 

Tully: Oh yea of course you would say that. Your boy Lawler just keeps coming up short and yet you keep giving him rematches. Now I know why Lawler is called the king because he's defiantly the king of excuses. Or is he the king of whining. Personally I think he's nothing but your puppet Jarrett and I'm telling you right now, if Lawler comes up short again he will never get a title shot again. My lawyers made sure of that. Oh no! What are you going to do Jarrett when your golden boy meal ticket cant get the job done again? 

Massive cheers as Jerry Lawler comes out.

Lance: Take it easy Jerry. 

Lawler: You know, I wasn't going to come out but I just cant take it anymore. Tully, all you do is run your mouth, hide behind a woman and run away from fights. What kind of champ are you? The better question is, what kind of man are you? 

Tully goes forward but Baby Doll holds him back. 

Lawler: Yep, that's what I thought. 

Lawler heads out. Tully runs and nails him from behind! Tully stomps on Lawler. Jarrett is calling for security. Tully picks up Lawler and suplexes him on the concrete! Tully gets up and heads towards Jarrett. 

Lance: Relax Tully! 

Tully is yelling at Jarrett then actually pushes him! Security rushes over. Tully raises his arms and casually walks away. While Security is with Jarrett, Lawler is on his knees and Tully runs over and nails him with a knee to the side of the head! Tully and Baby Doll flee the wild scene. 

Commercial Break 

The Club and "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler vs. Stu Jersky, Dave D'Arco and Frank Stevens

Steve O and Mike George swing Stevens to the ropes and double back drop him then tag in Tyler. Tyler swings off the ropes and hits a big splash for the pin! 

Lance: Impressive win. Boys, next week here on TV, you will face all 3 members of the Elite and the winners will be crowned the Central States 6 Man Champions. I know you've had your issues with Skaaland and his Elite. 

George: Yes we have but it's all going to pay off when we win those 6 man titles! 

Steve: It's our turn to shine and next week that's exactly what we're going to do.

Tyler: That's right brothers! We've been training hard together and you just saw what we can do in the ring. Skaaland! Elite! Get ready! We sure the hell are! 

Commercial Break 

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. Trent Watkins 

afi.jpg.69cc7f3d688142675d8d42ccf73ac06a.jpg

Siva makes his first in ring appearance since that attack by Big John Studd at Parade of Champions.

Siva hasn't lost a step as he works over Watkins with high flying offense. Siva body slams Watkins then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a diving headbutt for the pin! 

The fans cheer as Siva gives them a 'Hang Loose' sign and heads to the podium. 

Lance: Siva Afi, great to have you back. I want to remind everybody and Big John Studd that you are still undefeated in the USWA and you did win the Parade of Champions Battle Royal. On that note, gentlemen could you bring it out now. 

Officials bring out a trophy. 

Lance: Siva, this rightfully belongs to you. 

Siva: Thank you very much. This is amazing.  I have worked very hard to remain undefeated and the battle royal win was one of my greatest moments. Then John Studd ruined everything! I'm not going to cry about it, instead I will do something about it! July 4th, it's you and me Studd and I plan on getting payback and remain undefeated! 

Commercial Break 

The Royal Battens w/Les Thornton vs. Carl Werner and Lou Simmons 

Battens get heat as they come out wearing their Union Jack vests. Les applauds them as the fans boo them. 

Battens are in sync tonight and finish things off with a double hot shot! 

Lance: Big win for the Royal Battens. Next week on a special TV episode, the Battens will face American Made. Also on the program, Bob Roop clashes with Yoshiaki Yatsu. Those two have been tearing it up across the territory. And listen to this, the Rock N Roll RPMS will face the Fabulous Blondes in a tornado match! Should be a action packed show. Fans, back to the ring. 

"The Foreman" Spike Huber vs. Todd Rooney 

huber.jpg.9b04e0ced660c86a98c038c0f0170513.jpg

Huber is all over his opponent and finishes him off with a powerslam off the ropes for the win! The fans boo as Huber grabs his sledgehammer and holds it up. Rooney is trying to regroup but Huber nails him on the back with his sledgehammer! Huber heads to the podium as the fans boo. 

Lance: There was no need for that. Come on Spike, what's gotten into you? 

Huber: Hey! Being the boss isn't easy, I have to establish a precedence around here! And it certainly has paid off. Tell them the good news Lance.

Lance: I was getting to that. On July 4th, Paul Orndorff will defend the Central States title against you Spike Huber. 

Huber: You see! The boss works hard and gets rewarded. Orndorff! Your reign is going to be a short one buddy. I mean come on Lance. Look at my body. This is pure steal. It all comes from hard muscle labor. Mr. Blunderful just wants to look good. He's all show. You're looking at the real deal and soon to be Central States Champ! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, please welcome out the new Central States Champ Paul Orndorff. 

orndorff.jpg.ef93d9bd26d0e009b3bdf04af125f884.jpg

Massive roar as Orndorff raises his title high. 

Lance: Congratulations Paul. 

Orndorff: Thank you Lance. It feels pretty damn good. I just want to send best wishes to Carlos Colon and when he gets back a title shot is his. Now I heard Spike Huber out here shooting his mouth off. Let me tell you something punk, this body is hard earned. I earned my stripes on the grid iron and at the gym. You're in for a world of hurt come July 4th....

Boos as Dick Slater comes out.

slater.jpg.7c77d1abccecf0d84bdf1a5a7079fe9d.jpg

Slater: You've got some nerve Orndorff, coming out here wearing my title! Everybody except that stupid referee saw that my foot was under the rope when the count was made! You think I'm just going to let this slide? This isn't over! Not even close! 

Slater storms out.

Orndorff: Slater! Anytime! Anyplace! 

Lance: Oh my, the Central States title has become a hot commodity. Back to the ring. 

Brad and Scott Armstrong vs. Ray Glader and William Hillman

415263924_bradandscott.jpg.d04cb5cfc5895f8edc987a680223a614.jpg 

The fans are up and cheering as the Armstrong's are on fire tonight. Scott hits a missile dropkick on Hillman then tags in Brad. Brad hits the Russian Leg sweep and it's all over! The fans cheer as the Armstrong's head to the podium. 

Lance: Ok boys, July 4th Bullet Bob returns! 

Scott: Lance, I can tell you our dad is training hard and ready for action! Ron Fuller! Your days are numbered. 

Brad: Syndicate! I don't think you know what Ron Fuller got you into. July 4th you're heading into battle with the Armstrong's and boys it's going to be an explosive night you'll never forget! Fuller! The Bullet is coming for you! 

Lance: That should be a wild one. It all happens on July 4th at the Mid South Coliseum. The Beauty Shop when we return. 

Commercial Break 

The camera pans to a pink sign that says "The Beauty Shop" then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Brenda: Hi everybody, week after week the ratings get bigger and bigger thanks to yours truly. However things might dip a bit tonight because my next guest just doesn't have the charisma of somebody like Diamond Timothy Flowers. Do your best and welcome out Sweet Norvell Austin. 

norvell.jpg.10cafce443c43d063d6e1d9c7e53891d.jpg

The fans cheer as Norvell comes out wearing a colorful suit and purple fedora hat. Brenda looks him over.

Brenda: I cant figure it out. Why do they call you sweet?

Norvell: Oh Brenda, I'll let the fans answer that. 

Norvell spins around and tips his fedora to the fans as they give him a huge cheer. 

Brenda: I still don't know but something I do know is you better be on the look out for Timothy Flowers. It seems he doesn't like you. I mean you do come off as kind of a clown.

Norvell gets serious. 

Norvell: Let's get something straight! Yea, I like to have fun and have a good time but when I'm in that there ring, I'm all business! Your boy Timothy is going to find that out come July 4th! 

Brenda: Well we'll certainly see about that. We're all out of time. Until next week, toooooooooodles! 

Commercial Break 

The Elite w/Arnold Skaaland vs, Ryan Cox, Pete Moore and Sean Smith 

Elite just toy with their opponents. Gagne hits a high dropkick then tags in Sammartino. Sammartino executes a running powerslam then tags in Hart. Hart finishes things off with two backbreakers. Boos as Skaaland wipes their foreheads with his towel. Such arrogance. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Looks like Skaaland has his men ready for next week's big match for the 6 man titles. Switching gears I want to bring out the former USWA tag team champs, the Grapplers. I understand you have some sort of announcement in regards to Dr. Troy Graham and his Medics. 

Grappler 1: Once again Graham is nothing but a thorn in our sides. Now we know how smart he is, I mean being a Doctor and all. But we think we came up with a pretty good plan. 

Grappler 2: We know Graham is a cheap shot artist and we know he will do anything he can to interfere and help his Medics cheat. So we have an insurance policy. This man will be wrestling right now and he'll be in our corner on July 4th. 

Grappler 1: We're talking about the Nightmare! And Graham, he's going to be your nightmare on July 4th! 

The Nightmare vs. Clint Jones  

nightmare.jpg.7bd086f041ae03e68c21a29bb251ff5e.jpg

Nightmare destroys his opponent. He swings Jones to the ropes and finishes him off with a lunging clothesline! 

Lance: What a debut by the Nightmare. Troy Graham better be prepared. Speaking of the 4th of July. Tommy Rich and Wendell Cooley will go at it. Cooley had some strong words for Tommy last week. Let's here some pre recorded comments from Tommy Rich. 

Rich: Cooley! Last week you said I should talk to my cousin about you. Well let me tell you this. If I did talk to good ol Johnny, he would tell me to give you a first class southern style Rich  whipp'n! And that's what you're going to get on July 4th! A Wildfire whipp'n boy! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans our main event is coming up but first I wanted to get in a word with Ron Fuller and the Syndicate. 

Boos as Fuller and the Syndicate come out.

fuller.jpg.db8de17c7e94e7ce456fcc1623dbf268.jpgadias.jpg.f39f0f075c417a36da18c252f6afa4c7.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Lance: First off, Ron you have to be a bit worried that you'll be in the ring with Bullet Bob,

Fuller: Worried? Why in the hell would I be worried. I put that man out of action. I've been beating that man up for years but he's like an annoying cockroach. He just keeps coming back. And now his brat kids are here. Well not all of them. Thanks to the Syndicate, little Stevie is no longer around. 

Lance: Speaking of the Syndicate. The Armstrong's think you have them involved in something way over their heads. 

Adias: Whoa Whoa Whoa! Over our heads? Aligning with the Mastermind Ron Fuller is a dream come true. He's going to take us all the way to the top baby! 

Young: This is our chance to prove our worth. Ron, we wont let you down. You can count on the Syndicate.

Fuller: And you think I should be worried. Shame on you Lance! 

Lance: (pauses)  Ok, TV title match when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

TV Title Bout 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair (C) w/Les Thornton vs. "Crippler" Rip Oliver 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpgoliver.jpg.9d1faa45f0396412d6568b916f64251b.jpg

Tony and Les really get in some heat as they stall and antagonize both the fans and Oliver. The bell rings but Tony and Les wave Oliver off as they converse. Oliver has enough, runs over, grabs their heads and knocks them together! Les stumbles through the ropes. Oliver grabs Tony, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Tony staggers up against the ropes and Oliver clotheslines him over! Les runs over and helps Tony up. Les is yelling up at the Ref and Oliver. Tony gets on the apron. Oliver pounds away on him then suplexes him back in the ring. Oliver swings off the ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Tony gets his shoulder up. Oliver body slams Tony then hops up on the middle ropes. Les runs over and grabs Oliver's leg. Oliver fights it then kicks Les back. Oliver dives off the ropes with a flying knee drop but Tony moves. 

Tony regroups. Oliver limps up and Tony clips his knee from behind. Tony executes a gut wrench suplex and follows with a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Tony swings Oliver to the ropes and puts him down with a heels first dropkick. Tony slams Oliver then goes to the top rope. Tony fly's off and drops a elbow drop 1..2..Oliver gets his shoulder up! Tony and Les are berating the Ref. Tony picks up Oliver, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Oliver swings back and puts Tony down with a clothesline. Oliver shakes the cobwebs. 

Tony staggers up, Oliver grabs him, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a kick to the gut then follows with a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Les reaches in and puts Tony's foot on the rope. Oliver is furious and runs out after Les. Oliver catches him and slams his head on the apron. Oliver gets on the apron and Tony nails him with a European uppercut then hurls him over the rope and into the ring. Tony goes to the top rope. Oliver staggers up and Tony lunges at him with a clothesline but Oliver ducks. Oliver goes to the top rope. Tony staggers up and Oliver nails him with his forearm blast 1..Ding Ding Ding! 

Lance: Oh boy the time limit has expired. What a match. I believe Rip Oliver was on the verge of winning the title. 

Oliver is in the ring obviously disappointed. Les is helping Tony to his feet. 

Jerry Jarrett comes to the podium. 

Jarrett: Lance that was a tremendous match and I've decided that there will be a rematch next week here on TV.

Lance: Next weekend will be a huge 2 days of wrestling. You heard about the big matches set for next week's TV show and it continues the next night for our big independence day show at the Mid South Coliseum. Fans, I'll see you next week. 

Independence Day Show at the Mid South Coliseum

USWA Heavyweight Title Bout- If Tully gets DQ or C.O if will lose the title

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (C) vs. "The Foreman" Spike Huber 

The Grapplers w/ The Nightmare vs. The Medics w/ Dr. Troy Graham 

Special Challenge Match 

Hercules Ayala vs. Tiger Jeet Singh 

'Diamond' Timothy Flowers vs. "Sweet" Norvell Austin 

The Vin Man vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

Awesome first segment.  It just kept getting better and better.  I was happy with Jarrett's announcement for the Mid-South Coliseum and then Tully comes out and then Lawler and then the brawl.  Had me hooked for the rest of the show.

Looking forward to the Elite on the big show.  I think you were very creative with putting these 3 together.

The undefeated Sivi Afi is back but he better be careful!  Studd is set to do a number on him!

Spike Huber better watch his mouth... Mr. Wonderful is someone you don't want to mess with but on the other side, Orndorff better have eyes in the back of his head as Slater is still after the title. This match has me pumped up because anything could happen.  

Always ready for Armstrongs vs a Fuller.

Miss Brenda was a little spicy in her dislike of Sweet Norvell Austin.  Made it fun!

Cooley vs Wildfire is really interesting.  You have done such a great job of building up Cooley and on the other hand, Wildfire is Main Event material in Memphis.  Something must give here and can't wait to see what it is.  The same can be said for the Grapplers vs The Medics!  Dr. Troy Graham is a big time Memphis star and the Grapplers have been setting the tag division on fire for most of the year.  Going to be interesting.

AWESOME SET UP FOR THE BIG ONE IN THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM!

USWA TV @ The Civic Center Knoxville TN 7-3-85

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to a special edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. As you all know, the USWA will be at the Mid South Coliseum tomorrow night for our big Independence day show. We'll be hearing from a number of wrestlers appearing on that show. Tonight's action will be non stop as we have 5 big matches including a rematch for the TV title as Tony St. Clair defends against Rip Oliver. In a match to determine the Central States 6 Man Champions, The Elite will take on The Club and Buzz Tyler. RPMS and the Fabulous Blondes will go at it in a tornado match. Recent rivals Bob Roop and Yoshiaki Yatsu will square off. Let's get to the action right now with a big time tag team match up. 

American Made vs. The Royal Battens w/Les Thornton 

Battens and Les get a lot of boos as Les helps Sir Mark and Sir Brad take off their Union Jack Vests. Boos turn to cheers as Kirchner and Kernodle hit the ring waving the American flags. After a lot of verbal sparring the bell rings and fists start flying. 

American Made control the early portion as they have the Battens bumping all over the place. Things take a turn when Les reaches in and trips Kernodle, who staggers into a snap suplex by Sir Mark. The Battens spend a good amount of time double teaming and working over Kernodle. Sir Brad swings Kernodle to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Kernodle leapfrogs over then makes a diving tag to Kirchner! 

Kirchner is on fire as he hammers away on Sir Brad and puts him down with a clothesline. Sir Mark runs in and Kirchner clotheslines him down. Les gets on the apron and Kirchner runs over and grabs him by his shirt. Sir Brad nails Kirchner from behind. Sir Mark gets up but Kernodle rushes over and pummels him to the corner. All four men are going at it while the Ref is trying to get control. He guides Sir Mark back to his corner. Kernodle nails Sir Brad from behind with a forearm blast. Kirchner hoists Sir Brad up and executes a fallaway slam! The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Les is having a fit while the fans cheer American Made. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: What a way to kick off the show and this Independence day weekend as American Made get a big win over the Royal Battens. American Made are defiantly in line for a tag team title shot. Speaking of that, we have pre recorded comments from the USWA champs Karachi Vice as they prepare to defend against the Master G's on Saturday. 

Karachi Vice are standing in front of a USWA logo. 

Makhan: Only a day away until we obliterate the Master G's! Gama, do these guys really think they have a chance? 

Gama: No chance whatsoever! We cannot be stopped! We are a united and focused unit. Nobody will take these titles from us! That I can guarantee! Karachi Vice have big plans and this so called Independence day is only the beginning! Get ready USWA because we are taking over! 

Lance: Ok, very ominous words from the champs. The tag team division is so competitive right now and this next match proves that. 

Tornado Match

The Rock n Roll RPMS vs. The Fabulous Blondes 

This is a wild one as these teams start off with fists flying. The match is all over the place both in and out of the ring. The action is fast paced and intense. After a few minutes everybody is bleeding and outside the ring fighting. Regal slams Davis's head on the apron and rolls him into the ring. At the same time Lane pushes Donovan into the steel post and hurls him into the ring. Regal executes a Northern Lights Suplex at the same time Lane executes a cradle suplex on Donovan. The Ref jumps down and counts the pin on both men 1..2..3! What just happened? There's a lot of confusion as the Ref is talking with the announcer. 

The announcer: Since a member of both teams were pinned, the referee's official decision is a draw. A draw. 

Chaos ensues as both teams start fighting again into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: That was one heck of a match we just saw. Obviously those teams issues are far from over. Speaking of issues, we're going to hear some comments from Hercules Ayala who has a special challenge match tomorrow night against the evil Tiger Jeet Singh. But first lets show you some graphic footage of Singh's horrible assault on Carlos Colon. 

Footage is shown of Singh throwing a fireball in Colon's face. Colon had to vacate the Central States title and now is at home in Puerto Rico recovering from his burns.

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg 

Ayala: Singh! You crossed the line! Everybody knows Colon and myself were involved in some of the bloodiest ring wars of all time. But we did it with our fists! I don't like Colon and he don't like me but we share respect for each other. There is nothing I respect about you Singh and you will pay dearly tomorrow night! I promise you! 

Lance: A very determined Hercules Ayala. Singh has unleashed a beast and he might be sorry he did that. I understand comments were sent to us from Singh. Let's hear them right now. 

singh.jpg.554ad768222c45ae2df06946658147d3.jpg

Singh:(swings his sword around) I have ruled Japan for years and that scum Carlos Colon comes in and tries to humiliate me! He paid dearly! Nobody gets the upper hand on me! Nobody! Antonio Inoki will tell you that! Now Ayala wants to get involved! That is very good because I will make him suffer and scream and beg for mercy but I will not give it to him! Ayala! You do not know what you are dealing with! You will find out soon enough! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: I think we're going to need extra security for that Singh/Ayala match. Fans this next match should be a good one. 

Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. Bob Roop

Both men show off their amateur wrestling backgrounds during the opening minutes with neither man gaining an advantage. During a break, Roop sucker punches Yatsu and proceeds to work him over. Roop pounds away, swings him to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Roop follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Roop swings him to the corner and charges in but Yatsu moves and Roop hits hard. Yatsu regroups. Roop staggers up and Yatsu nails him with a kick to the stomach and executes his own gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Yatsu continues to work Roop over, then swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Roop stops and drops an elbow on his head. Both men are staggering around. 

They regain their senses and start slugging it out. Roop is hitting forearm blasts while Yatsu is hitting palm strikes. The fans are into it. Roop gets the upper hand and grabs Yatsu behind the waist but Yatsu nails him with a back elbow, spins around, grabs Roop by his waist and executes a back suplex 1..2..3! He got him! The fans give Yatsu a big pop! 

Roop staggers up against the ropes. He looks over at Yatsu and gives him a slight nod before exiting. 

Lance: Another outstanding match as Yatsu gains a big victory over Bob Roop. Speaking of great matches. Tomorrow night you'll see Tommy Rich take on Wendell Cooley in what has become a personal rivalry that stems back to when Cooley sent Johnny Rich packing. Let's hear from Wendell Cooley. 

Cooley is standing in front of a USWA logo. 

Cooley: Tommy, when you first showed up and offered your hand in friendship I really thought you were sincere. But then you attacked me and left me laid out. Tomorrow night will be a different story as we fight face to face. What I did to your cousin will be nothing compared to what I do to you! 

Commercial Break 

Match for the Central States 6-Man Titles 

The Elite w/Arnold Skaaland vs. The Club and "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler 

Lot's of history between these teams so it's only fitting they're wrestling for the 6 man titles. 

Club and Tyler have control in the early minutes with cohesive teamwork. Tide turns when Gagne (from the apron) nails Tyler with a knee to the back. The Elite go to work. Hart, Gagne and Sammartino look like a well oiled machine as they work Tyler over. Skaakland gets his distractions in as the Elite pull out some rule breaking tricks. The Club have enough and charge over. It's a pier six brawl! The Ref finally gets control. Tyler dives over and tags in George. Sammartino backpedals but George is all over him. George tags in Steve O. They swing Sammartino to the ropes and double back drop him. They tag in Tyler. Tyler hits a body splash 1..2..Hart and Gagne break it. It's another pier six brawl! 

Skaaland gets on the apron and the Ref runs over to warn him. Hart lowblows Steve O and hurls him out of the ring. Hart nails George from behind. George is staggering and Gagne sends him out of the ring with a high dropkick. The Elite triple team Tyler and hoist him up on Sammartino's shoulder. Sammartino powerslams him over. The Ref turns around 1..2..3! 

The Elite are the new Central States 6-Man Champs! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Alright, with me are the new 6 man champs. Arnold, I'm sure this feels pretty good. 

arnold.jpg.b6dc13718a5096bb00d2db357e2e73e2.jpgsammartino.jpg.8809fc0a45f28d7527f0739b7f0e06ae.jpggagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpghart.jpg.af77fe0673024db1cff7fcb8f9237551.jpg

Skaaland: (rubs his eyes with his towel like he's wiping tears) I cant tell you how proud I am of these boys. They have a very special bond and I'm the only one who saw that. I've turned them into champions! Boys, you'll never have to live in your father's shadows ever again! 

Gagne: You people out there will never understand what it's like to be us. You'll never understand the pressures we've had to live with. Bruce and David are family. Arnold, we owe this all to you.

Hart: Arnold, thank you! You made me believe in myself and brought the Elite together. All those years I wasted trying to live up to the Hart name. Now its time to be elite. Greg, David, we did it brothers. 

Sammartino: (Pauses and smiles) This feels so good! I'm a champion! I belong to something special now. Arnold, Greg, Bruce, we did it! We really did it! 

Skaaland and the Elite embrace for awhile. Skaaland wipes their foreheads with their towels then hugs them again. 

Lance: Ah ok, we'll be right back. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, tomorrow night Tully Blanchard will defend the USWA title against Jerry Lawler. If Tully is disqualified or counted out, he will lose the title. Let's hear comments from both men. 

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpgdoll.jpg.6aaae5270da9110c0b1a1222b8793cec.jpg

Tully: Every since I came to the USWA, Jerry Jarrett has had it in for me. Always keeping me from the title. Well Jarrett, cream always rises to the top brother and here I am (Holds up the title) But oh no you just couldn't handle it. Your golden boy Lawler gets not one but two shots and he fails. So what do you do? You come up with these stupid stipulations. Oh yea anything to get this strap on your little puppet. Lawler! You will fail again my friend. I am the superior wrestler. I will out class and simply out wrestle you. This is your last shot Lawler! Oh I cant wait to beat you in your own backyard. I'm going to relish that. Then it's all over for you. Never again! Let's go Baby Doll. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler: Tully, just what goes on in that delusional mind of yours? You never beat me. You're nothing but a coward who let's his woman do his fighting. You're a disgrace to the title. Yea Memphis is my backyard and I'm the King there. It's time for a king's reign and Tully it starts with you in Memphis baby! 

Commercial Break 

Main Event

TV Title Bout 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. "Crippler" Rip Oliver 

These two battled to a draw last week so Jarrett decided to book a rematch. 

The bell rings but Les is still in the ring yelling at Oliver. Oliver sends Les through the ropes with a big punch! Tony runs up but Oliver turns around and punches away, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Tony staggers up and Oliver scoop slams him, swings off the ropes and hits a flying knee drop 1..2..Tony gets his shoulder up. Oliver swings Tony into the corner and charges in with a clothesline. Oliver swings Tony to the opposite corner and charges in with another clothesline. Oliver hip tosses Tony over then hops on the middle ropes. Les runs over and grabs Oliver's foot. Oliver kicks Les away then goes to the outside. Oliver grabs Les and just starts pounding away on him! The fans are up and cheering. Oliver picks up Les and slams him on the concrete! The bell rings. 

Lance: Oh no, Rip Oliver has been counted out. What a shame. 

Tony St. Clair rolls out of the ring and gets his TV title. Tony holds the title up with a big smile. Oliver runs over and puts Tony down with a clothesline! 

Lance: Well, Oliver didn't get the title but he did leave both Tony St. Clair and Les Thornton laid out. I guess that's a moral victory. Well fans, what a program. I cant wait to see you all at the Mid South Coliseum. There will sure be a lot of fireworks in the ring. 

Independence Day Show 

Mid South Coliseum 7-4-85

USWA Heavyweight Title Bout- If Tully gets DQed or C.O. he will lose the title 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Grapplers w/The Nightmare vs. The Medics w/Dr. Troy Graham

Special Challenge Match

Bullet Bob returns!!!!

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. "Sweet" Norvell Austin

The Vin Man Vinnie Valentino vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

USWA @ The Mid South Coliseum 7-4-85

The Independence Day Show 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino 

Brito waits patiently in the ring as several woman escort Valentino to the ring. They all kiss him on the cheek before exiting. The bell rings but Valentino is still showing off to the crowd. He's really making the most of his USWA debut. Brito has enough, runs over, grabs Valentino, spins him around unloads on him with punches. It's all Brito as he works over Valentino with punches, hip tosses and slams. Brito swings Valentino into the corner and charges in but Valentino executes a sunset flip 1..2..3! Brito sits on his knees clearly disappointed as Valentino rolls to the outside and celebrates. 

Winner of the Match- Vinnie Valentino

These two have had a pretty good rivalry going and they continue it as soon as the bell rings. Norvell has a good segment as he bumps Flowers all over the ring with drop kicks, slams and elbow drops. Flowers turns things around with an eye rake. Flowers breaks all the rules but cant put Norvell away. Flowers goes to the top rope but Norvell gets up and sends Flowers flying as he slams him off the rope. Norvell is on fire as he jumps up and crashes down with a leg drop 1..2..Flowers gets his foot on the rope. Norvell swings Flowers to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Flowers kicks him, grabs him and drops him with a Cutter 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Timothy Flowers 

Studd is in the ring yelling at the fans. Siva storms down the aisle and into the ring as the bell rings. The fans are going nuts as Siva unloads on Studd. Studd is staggering. Siva nails him with a standing dropkick that sends Studd flying back against the turnbuckles. Siva hops up on the middle ropes and the fans count along as Siva nails him with 10 punches. Siva attempts a monkey flip but Studd holds on and Siva goes flying back. 

Studd regroups. Siva staggers up and Studd puts him down with a clothesline. Studd controls with stomps, boot choking and more stomps. Studd picks Siva up and slams him down then delivers a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Studd hits a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Studd yells at the Ref then chokes away on Siva. Studd swings Siva to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Siva swings back and nails Studd with a flying headbutt. Studd is wobbling. Siva shakes the cobwebs then grabs Studd and hits him with a jumping headbutt. Studd is really staggering. Siva picks Studd up as the fans cheer. Studd grabs the ropes and Siva tries to body slam him. They're battling until Siva's legs give out and Studd crashes down on him 1..2..3! Studd gives Siva his first loss in the USWA. 

Winner of the Match- Big John Studd 

Special Challenge Match 

The fans are cheering as Ayala is in the ring pumping his fists. There's a wild commotion as Singh comes down the aisle swinging his sword at the fans. An official gets in the way and Singh pushes him over. Singh starts stomping on him. Ayala runs outside and starts hammering away on Singh as his sword goes flying. Both men just brawl all around the outside and into the crowd. Security swarm them as they try to get control. It's a wild scene. After the craziness the match is thrown out. 

Official Ruling- NO CONTEST 

The fans go crazy as Bullet Bob returns to action with his sons. Fuller and the Syndicate are stalling on the outside. The bell rings and the Armstrong's run out after them. Fists are flying as the Armstrong's whip up on Fuller and the Syndicate. Bob is all over Fuller. He slams Fuller's head on the apron then atomic drops him into the steel post! The ref finally gets control. Fuller is lying on the apron. 

Armstrong's are all over the Syndicate. Each Armstrong shines as they use quick tags to keep control. The tide finally turns when Young nails Scott with a forearm to the back of the head from the apron. Fuller demands the tag. Fuller works over Scott while taunting Bob. Bob runs in but the Ref guides him back as Fuller and the Syndicate triple team Scott. Fuller swings Scott to the ropes and puts him down with a kick to the mid section. Brad runs in and dropkicks Fuller. Adias and Young run in as does Bob and the fight is on. Ref gets control. Scott dives over and tags in Bob! Fuller realizes what just happened and tries to run back but Bob grabs him and unloads on him with punches. Bob winds up and sends Fuller flying with an uppercut. Fuller fly's back and tags in Adias. 

Adias runs in but Bob punches him down. Young runs in but Brad cuts him off and punches him to the corner. Fuller staggers up on the apron. Bob swings Adias into Fuller. Fuller goes flying off the apron as Bob rolls up Adias 1..2..3! 

After an Armstrong celebration, Fuller is yelling at Young then leaves. Young yells at Adias then exits. 

Winners of the Match- The Armstrong's 

Intermission 

A lot of fans paid for this one and these guys don't disappoint. It's a back and forth fight that goes in and out of the ring. Rich has things going his way as he slams Cooley then goes to the top rope. Cooley staggers up and Rich drops him with an elbow to the top of the head 1..2..Kick Out. Rich swings Cooley to the ropes and goes for the Thesz Press but Cooley holds on and hot shots Rich on the top rope! Both men are down. 

Rich staggers up but Cooley unloads on him with punches. Cooley vertical suplexes Rich then goes to the top rope. Cooley fly's off with an elbow drop 1..2..Rich barely gets his shoulder up. Cooley swings Rich to the ropes and clamps on a sleeper! Rich's arms are flailing and he hits the Ref. The Ref goes down. Cooley has the sleeper locked on tight and Rich is fading. 

Wait a minute! Somebody runs to the ring and climbs to the top rope! 

It's JOHNNY RICH! What's he doing here? 

Johnny jumps off and nails Cooley on the back of his head. Johnny drags Tommy on top of Cooley. Johnny picks up the Ref and throws him over. The Ref is woken up and slowly counts 1..2..3! 

Johnny grabs Tommy and helps him out of the ring then raises his arm as the fans throw trash at them. 

Winner of the Match- Tommy Rich 

The Grapplers w/The Nightmare vs. The Medics w/Dr. Troy Graham 

Hard hitting match up as the tide turns several times. Nightmare does his job and prevents Graham from interfering a few times. Medics are in control as they work over and double team Grappler 1. Grappler 1 finally makes the hot tag and Grappler 2 cleans house. Grappler 2 swings off the ropes but Graham trips him. Grappler 2 staggers into a high knee from Medic 1. Nightmare runs over with a chair and nails Graham! 

The Medics are double teaming Grappler 2. Grappler 1 runs in but the Ref guides him back. Nightmare hits the ring and drops Medic 1 with the chair. Medic 1 is on his knees as Grappler 2 cradles him while Grappler 1 runs over and clotheslines Medic 2 over the top rope. The Ref counts 1..2..3! 

Graham is reeling but also throwing a fit. 

Winners of the Match- The Grapplers 

Huber has made some negative comments about Orndorff the past few weeks. Huber stands in the ring holding his sledgehammer and calling himself the boss. The fans roar as Orndorff walks down the aisle. The bell rings. Huber walks right up and gets in Orndorff's face. Huber pushes Orndorff then makes the mistake of gloating to the crowd. Huber turns around and Orndorff clotheslines him down. The fans cheer as Orndorff hoists Huber up and piledrives him down 1..2..3! 

The fans are up and cheering as Orndorff holds his title high. 

WHAM!!! 

DICK SLATER nails Orndorff from behind! Slater puts the boots to Orndorff then hurls him out of the ring. Slater takes off his boot and waits on the apron. Orndorff staggers up as Slater jumps down and nails Orndorff's head with his boot. Orndorff is bleeding. Slater gets in the ring, picks up the Central States title and holds it up while the fans boo. 

Winner of the match and still Central States Champ- Paul Orndorff 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

Karachi Vice taunt the fans as they wait for the Master G's. George Wells gets in the ring with a confused look. He's talking with the Ref and the announcer. Karachi Vice walk over and start yelling at everybody. The announcer addresses the crowd that Gerry Morrow isn't here tonight. Gama gets the mic.

Gama: What is this? We came here to retain our titles and you're telling me that your partner is to scared to show up? You are nothing but cowards! 

Wells grabs the mic. 

Wells: I'm no coward! I'll take you both on if I have to! 

The fans cheer. The Ref asks Wells if he's sure. Wells nods and is ready to go. 

The bell rings. 

Wells starts blasting away on Gama but Makhan nails Wells from behind. They put the boots to Wells! They double slam him. Gama goes to his corner. Makhan slams Wells, swings off the ropes and hits a body splash! Makhan tags in Gama. Gama applies the camel clutch! The Ref sees Wells is out and signals for the bell. Gama stomps on Wells. Makhan swings off the ropes and hits another body splash! 

The fans boo as Karachi Vice hold up their titles. 

Winners of the Match and still USWA Tag Team Champs- Karachi Vice 

USWA Heavyweight Title Bout 

If Tully gets DQ or C.O. he will lose the title 

The fans reaction during the intros couldn't be more opposite. Tully is practically booed out of the building while Lawler's cheers are defining. I mean this is Memphis. 

The bell rings and Baby Doll steps in front of Lawler. Baby Doll is going off on Lawler which allows Tully to sucker punch him. The Ref gets Baby Doll out of the ring. Tully kicks Lawler several times then hangs his head on the bottom rope. Tully chokes Lawler on the rope then kicks away. The Ref backs Tully off which allows Baby Doll to give Lawler one heck of a slap. Tully slams Lawler, hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tully hurls Lawler out of the ring. The Ref is warning Tully. Baby Doll runs over and kicks Lawler. Tully goes to the outside. Tully grabs Lawler and is going for a piledriver but Lawler back drops him over. 

Both men are reeling. Both men slowly rise. Baby Doll runs over and is going to his Lawler but Lawler grabs Tully and spins him around as Baby Doll hits Tully! The fans cheer as Lawler hurls Tully back in the ring. 

Lawler gets in the ring and pulls the strap down. Tully staggers up and Lawler punches away, swings Tully to the ropes and puts him down with a big punch then follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Lawler clamps on a headlock and nails Tully with several punches then lets go as Tully just falls down. Lawler swings Tully into the corner and charges in but Tully lifts his knees and Lawler hits headfirst. Tully regroups then hurls Lawler back out of the ring. The Ref is all over Tully. A furious Baby Doll chokes Lawler. Tully goes to the outside, picks up Lawler and slams him headfirst into the steel post. Lawler is busted open. Tully rolls Lawler back in the ring. 

Tully hoists Lawler up and drops him with a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Lawler gets his shoulder up. Tully and Baby Doll are screaming at the Ref. Tully goes crazy and starts choking Lawler. Tully hoists Lawler up and goes for the sling shot suplex but Lawler starts punching away at the mid section. The fans are up and cheering as Lawler punches his way out. Lawler body slams Tully and needs to shake the cobwebs. 

A bloody Lawler pumps his fists to the roaring crowd. Tully staggers up and Lawler hits him with several Memphis style punches. Lawler swings Tully to the ropes and back drops him. Tully staggers up and Lawler scoop slams him. Baby Doll jumps on the apron. Lawler walks over and warns her. The Ref goes over and is yelling at Baby Doll. Tully staggers up then runs over and attempts a high knee but Lawler moves and Tully nails Baby Doll! 

Lawler punches away on Tully, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow smash. Lawler swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and bounces up and down. Huge roar as Lawler crashes down on Tully with a flying fist drop 1..2..3!!!!!! 

Massive POP!!!!!! 

Lawler is elated as the Ref hands him the title. A bloody Lawler looks at the title, smiles then holds it up the the roaring fans. 

Winner of the Match and new USWA Champion- Jerry Lawler 

The independence Show was spot Memphis great wrestling.

Valentino makes a name for himself here tonight. I think the women escorting him to the ring did more for his character then even winning the match.  Nice touch.

Studd's win gets him moving towards the top of the roster! 

The Armstrongs get the win but I love how there are so many questions to go with this. The Syndicate seems to be is chaos and with Armstrong not pinning Fuller but Adias instead, the Armstrong/Fuller feud could continue.

Wildfire gets some family help here... like this family duo as a heel team a lot!

Can't wait to see what happens next with the Grapplers and Medics.   I know you have something coming for us with Dr. Graham

I knew Huber had no shot with Mr. Wonderful and you did a great job with this match as you gave us a look into the future with Slater/Orndorff... Nice booking

Poor George Wells... Where is Gerry Morrow?

YES!!!! Lawler is once again the King of Memphis!  

Awesome holiday card.