Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-11-24-WWE-Survivor Series] Brock Lesnar vs Rey Mysterio (No Holds Barred)

cactus

Brock Lesnar defends the WWE Heavyweight Title.

Mysterio looks like a right dork fighting for his son's honour as he cosplays as The Joker. This match is Lesnar doing his usual shtick when fighting a much smaller opponent. Dominate, let his opponent get some fantastic hope spots, before putting them away. I have no complaints against this formula as it clearly works wonders and a lose to Brock does more for your momentum then a win against most other wrestlers on the roster. Lesnar is brilliant here during his control segment. He postures around and even takes time to tie up his boot, the dick. Dominick tries to throw the towel to stop the beating of his father, but Lesnar intervenes and this leads to one of the most convincing hope spots of the year. Looking at this and his matches with AJ and Bryan, Brock Lesnar is Mr Survivor Series at this point. 

★★★★

• GSR changed the title to [2019-11-24-WWE-Survivor Series] Brock Lesnar vs Rey Mysterio (No Holds Barred)

Perhaps this is among the key reasons the match didn't work for me, but Dominick was never established as any kind of threat or asset in the ring.  His presence if anything seemed to make Rey more vulnerable as at that point he needed to protect his untrained kid from getting murdered again.  Probably the worst match of Brock's run in my eyes, and that's including a triple threat with Kane & Braun at MSG.