Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 10 - Dec 4, 2019

MoS

Is AEW losing momentum irrevocably? Can Jericho, Cody and MJF get a hot program going? Will Shawn Spears remain as un-over as the book which Jericho's guest Donald Trump Jr plugged on Le Champion's podcast? Lots of interesting questions for this week!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we are seeing a lot of learning on the fly from AEW now. They road an incredible wave of momentum based on being underexposed indy stars that many fans rallied behind as an exciting and different alternative to WWE. Now they are on TV every week and they have to rely more on compelling booking than being successful based on the aura of a special attraction. They have the right talent to succeed long term but a lot of them are finding their footing in a new environment and playing a whole new ballgame. The mix of veterans and new talent is great but it may take time to get it right 

I think that AEW has earned the goodwill and faith of its fans to the point that while they might not watch every single episode like that infamous 3 million WCW fans who just disappeared after WCW folded, they will be willing to give the product a chance and invest in it if they feel that the programs are good and compelling. It is precisely that faith and goodwill that WWE has gradually lost over the last 20 years or so. 

Jericho has cut some great promos, but Cody has been the best promo this year in all of wrestling, imo. He managed to plug and address so many things - his own version of how his dad used to meander in promos - and then tie it all to the main point, and bring out the fire and get the crowd pumped. He has become gold on the mic. 

35 minutes ago, MoS said:

Brandi and Kong are the only ones in the roster who can pull this off. Statlander v. Kong should be a lot of fun. Nightmare Collective >>>> Dark Order. 

In that case, they really need to separate Nightmare Collective from the Dark Order more clearly. Nightmare Collective seems as much as a cult as is Dark Order and this is not good.

Anyone recognized the "pledge" for Nightmare Collective? Some say it was Sage Beckett, others say Melanie Cruise.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I guess Nyla just turned face for The Thread Killer after squashing the Librarians.

If I had only known that was going to happen, I might not have changed the channel to watch the hockey game for a few minutes!  I usually tune out during most of the AEW women's division stuff, it really hasn't grabbed me so far. 

Although Brandi kinda grabbed me a bit tonight.  Between her and Lana, this has been a truly epic week for women's wardrobe choices in the world of Professional Wrestling.

So is the Dark Order, Brandi/Kong and the Butcher and the Blade going to join together to build one big goth universe like Rosemary in IMPACT?  3 groups with the same type gimmick is a bit much.

They should build the whole women's division around Kris Statlander now that she's signed. Such a star.

Between NXT and AEW, the Picture in Picture commercial break might be the worst thing about the Wednesday night war.  At least NXT doesn't do promos and big moments during it I guess.

1 minute ago, Tim Evans said:

Between NXT and AEW, the Picture in Picture commercial break might be the worst thing about the Wednesday night war.  At least NXT doesn't do promos and big moments during it I guess.

You can tell AEW really doesn't want people to change the channel during commercials.  If I'd have done a shot every time they reminded us about the picture-in-picture tonight, I'd be freaking hammered right now.