Pro Wrestling Only
KawadaSmile

NXT TakeOver Portland

Even with a cold finish due to Gonzalez showing up as an unknown, I absolutely loved that match.  It felt urgent and violent throughout with some really organic spots and never really dragged.  This show is absolutely over-delivering through 2 matches.

Just now, WingedEagle said:

Even with a cold finish due to Gonzalez showing up as an unknown, I absolutely loved that match.  It felt urgent and violent throughout with some really organic spots and never really dragged.  This show is absolutely over-delivering through 2 matches.

When Tegan put the chair over Dakota's neck on the table at the end there, I legit got bug-eyed for a second. That would have been something I've never seen before, for sure.

1 minute ago, WingedEagle said:

Nox-Kai was the only match I was expecting to fall short (because WWE produced street fights often end up lame), and since it didn't this could be an all time great Takeover.

I've no interest in Balor vs Gargano and I imagine it'll go long.

Really looking forward to the tag and Women's title matches that are to come.

4 minutes ago, GSR said:

I've no interest in Balor vs Gargano and I imagine it'll go long.

Really looking forward to the tag and Women's title matches that are to come.

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Finn BalOrton ain't shit to me. Even moreso with Mauro saying shit like "extra"

Glad I'm not the only one.

Heel Balor is just as dull to me as face Balor, and Johnny Gargano feels like the rare example of someone whose main event potential was never fully realized in NXT.

Balor has always been overrated to me. Even when he was in New Japan as Devitt, I never really got the appeal. It was a cool visual when he would come out on the shoulders of Fale, I guess, but I saw that shit with Big Sal & Little Guido in ECW first. :D 

I will admit some of the Demon entrances are pretty sweet though.

Just now, sek69 said:

Nox-Kai was the only match I was expecting to fall short (because WWE produced street fights often end up lame), and since it didn't this could be an all time great Takeover.

I would've agreed had I seen this post in real time, but Gargano/Balor seems very underwhelming thus far.  Its early but certainly looks like Balor might be the guy to bring down Gargano's Takeover rep.

Little Guido was a much better worker though. 

Thing is that many of those blood feuds rarely ever feel like blood feuds. "I have no heart" "I'm gonna eat you alive" yeah then start with 5 minutes of chain wrestling.

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Little Guido was a much better worker though. 

There was a period in ECW there in like '99-'00 or so, where the best matches on the show frequently involved Super Crazy, Little Guido or Tajiri. 

My eyes glazed over for most of this. If it was a classic, I wouldn't know it. I somehow doubt it was though. 

This match would be much more interesting if the result wasn't such a foregone conclusion.

I've got no doubt Ripley is retaining, but definitely think the finish is in question.  I originally expected Charlotte showing up for the finish, but that seems less likely now given Nox/Kai.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

If you weren't sure about Ripley winning, Bianca's ring gear sealed it for me.  But his should be fun as hell  

I don't follow... How does Belair's gear portend the finish?

I honestly wouldn't mind if Belair loses and gets called up after WrestleMania. She's light years ahead of the other NXT women when it comes to character and presentation.