Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite February 26

sek69

I loved the weigh-ins and all the brawling. Still think MJF and Cody should have been on the show to cut fresh promos. 

I liked the sit-down interview with Page/Omega and the Bucks. I was totally rooting for Page though; he was right in what he was saying. 

16 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Man that was such a Mid-South ending, everyone brawling everywhere while JR is losing his mind, it could have been the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in 1984.

Tony Khan grew up watching Mid-South, right? I am glad  he has taken more control over the booking. 

9 minutes ago, MoS said:

Tony Khan grew up watching Mid-South, right? I am glad  he has taken more control over the booking. 

I don't think he grew up on it considering he was raised in Illinois (and born in 1982), but I'd wager he traded for more than a few tapes of it in his day. 

It really gets undersold how big a fan he was growing up, he was deep in it back in the early days of the interwebs like a lot of us were back then.  His dad's mentioned it more than once how it even impressed him how much Tony followed the business and how when he approached him to start AEW he knew he could make it work.

Awesome Wednesday night. I loved the Iron Man match (and to be honest, I've been kind of down on Kenny Omega's ring work lately, but it worked on Dynamite). The sit down with the Elite was also perfect, and made me actually want to see the match even more now.

The tag team division is almost too loaded right now. I really think they should examine creating a Trios Title for some of the groups like Jurassic Express, SCU, etc to fight over. 

The women's division has too many workers just kind of "there." Need to get some new feuds going, or something. Create some solid alliances between a couple of them, as well.

I agree it was sort of weird that Cody and MJF were nonexistent on this show...but to be honest, if the whipping angle and cage match didn't get people salivating for this match, nothing would. 

On 2/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, MaseMan said:

The women's division has too many workers just kind of "there." Need to get some new feuds going, or something. Create some solid alliances between a couple of them, as well.

Are you suggesting a...collective of some kind?

Really dug the thirty minute iron-man, but the no selling just gets so tiring. Really bottomed out on that about halfway through with Pac kicking out of some crazy move only to immediately roll out and run around the ring looking for a chair.

20 hours ago, Cowboy Hats 4.0 said:

Are you suggesting a...collective of some kind?

Really dug the thirty minute iron-man, but the no selling just gets so tiring. Really bottomed out on that about halfway through with Pac kicking out of some crazy move only to immediately roll out and run around the ring looking for a chair.

No to any more "collectives!" 

However, a couple solid tag teams would maybe be nice?

On 2/27/2020 at 4:20 AM, jiraffejustin said:

Jericho doing the Gracie train is the reason that I don't care if I hate most AEW matches, they are better than WWE. 

This. For someone like me, who does not care a bit about the more is less (or whatever) style that is currently predominant in US mainstream wrestling, the perfect way to watch AEW is to jump from angle/interview segment to angle/interview segment and skip the matches, except if it has someone in it who still takes at least a bit of time (like one of the Runnels boys or Jericho).