Pro Wrestling Only

AJPW video quality

ragemaster

After reading "My new year's revolution by Nintendo Logic", it got me in the mood to re watch some early All Japan. But the quality online varies greatly, is there somewhere which sells high quality video of All Japan matches.

Hansen vs Kobashi July 29 1993 is a match I've always wanted to see in it's best quality, ever since I saw it back in the late 90's. 

Also does any know if the Tokyo Dome Vader vs Hansen exists uncut, as even on the NJPW network some of the beginning was edited out. Was it broadcast live at the time?

Thanks for any info 

The really high quality versions of the matches are the ones released on DVD or shown remastered on the G+ tv channel. these are very select shows or compilation DVDs, I cant remember if Hansen Kobashi 93 was on any of the Kobashi DVDs, I know 91 and 96 are but i will try to find 93 for you. most of them if released will be out there available to buy in japan the UK or the USA. I know highspots has one of the Kobashi DVDs with the high quality videos but that one doesn't have the 93 match

edit: have had a look the 93 match does not appear anywhere with the HD version which is a bit odd considering in famous nature. The main event of that show is available but that was for a Misawa DVD not the whole show being done in HD. As for the 90 Vader match the longest version I could find was the one on NJPW world which is about 18 minutes long.

9 hours ago, Richeyedwards said:

The really high quality versions of the matches are the ones released on DVD or shown remastered on the G+ tv channel. these are very select shows or compilation DVDs, I cant remember if Hansen Kobashi 93 was on any of the Kobashi DVDs, I know 91 and 96 are but i will try to find 93 for you. most of them if released will be out there available to buy in japan the UK or the USA. I know highspots has one of the Kobashi DVDs with the high quality videos but that one doesn't have the 93 match

edit: have had a look the 93 match does not appear anywhere with the HD version which is a bit odd considering in famous nature. The main event of that show is available but that was for a Misawa DVD not the whole show being done in HD. As for the 90 Vader match the longest version I could find was the one on NJPW world which is about 18 minutes long.

I suppose we spoilt with so much good stuff out there at the moment. I'm just surprised  AJPW hasn't come to the market in upgraded quality yet. Shame the footage is owned by the TV station  and not AJPW or it be on there streaming service. 

All ways wanted to see the Vader/Hansen match in full, to see where Vader said in a shoot interview Hansen hit him in the face with the cowbell at the start of the match. Plus when Hansen poked him in the eye which is what made the match famous in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 7:02 PM, ragemaster said:

After reading "My new year's revolution by Nintendo Logic", it got me in the mood to re watch some early All Japan. But the quality online varies greatly, is there somewhere which sells high quality video of All Japan matches.

Hansen vs Kobashi July 29 1993 is a match I've always wanted to see in it's best quality, ever since I saw it back in the late 90's. 

Also does any know if the Tokyo Dome Vader vs Hansen exists uncut, as even on the NJPW network some of the beginning was edited out. Was it broadcast live at the time?

Thanks for any info 

All Japan has released the full 7/29/93 house show in HD.