Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fight for the Fallen 2020

MoS

Really looking forward to Sonny Kiss vs Cody. Sonny Kiss has looked really good in the empty(ish) arena shows and I’m sure Cody will work hard to make him look strong in defeat.

I also sort of hope that Cage/Moxley heads backstage as a brawl. Not to mirror Moxley’s other defences but some of the highlights of the past few months of AEW have been the brawls through the arena’s bowels.

Cody did an interview when asked about AEW talking with Punk (which he confirmed he did and basically Punk was asking for stupid money), and it let to him discussing that everyone expected them to spend all their money and go broke quick because it's a company run by wrestlers, but he made it clear how they want to do things fiscally responsible since he feels that is the one thing that will help them the most in the long run. I can't help but think how someone like Chris Harrington might be the secret MVP of the company since the dude's whole passion is economics, especially involving wrestling.  It can't be stressed enough how important it is to have someone watching the numbers who knows what they are doing, considering how many other companies big and small were brought down by mismanaging the finances. 

Did C.M. Punk want more money than Christopher Daniels, Chuck Taylor, Colt Cabana, Frankie Kazarian, The Dark Order, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janella, Matt Hardy, Shawn Spears, Trent, The Butcher & The Blade combined? Because he would have been a better investment.

Granted that's not to say that none of those people have any worth or lack talent but they all just kind of take up space.

You need people to eat losses as well. I agree that Punk would have been a better investment than them, but it also depends on how much he asked. It's possible that he thought the company would inevitably sink, and thus gave a preposterous number. Even a year ago, the idea of AEW seemed like a pipe dream  

AEW has been adamant on not blowing the budget to sign one person, I doubt any of the non EVPs are getting WWE main eventer money other than probably Jericho.

Another issue with the roster is that they were clearly gearing up for the second show TNT was set to give them, and then covid happened. I would gather neither side wants to launch a new show in the Pandemic Era so they got stuck with a bigger roster than they currently need. I assume that's why they have like 9-10 matches on Dark now to give people something to do.

6 minutes ago, MoS said:

Taz has made this match feel so much bigger. It's the first time Taz has been cutting weekly serious badass promos since what, 1999?

Taz is an underrated all time talker. Him getting everyone to believe his oompa-loompa lookin' ass was a legit badass in the 90s  is a testament to how great he was at promos back then.