Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fight for the Fallen 2020

MoS

Really enjoyed the show overall. 

- FTR and Lucha Bros was clunky at times but turned out very good.  Loved the finish with the mask.  Liked the angle afterwards.  Definitely need to see these two teams hook up again. 

- FTR disrespecting Omega and whatever weirdness is going on between them and the Bucks....and them and Page seemingly being cool going back to the first beer incident.......to me seems like the perfect way for Kenny to be sick of "playing nice".  He's sick of the Bucks and their crap, he's sick of Page....it might seem out of nowhere but there's a lot of reasons for Omega to eventually snap.  I'd expect it to happen after they lose the titles to FTR and he turns on Page, this was just a little tease.  It will probably simmer for a while.  I like Omega as a heel or a face, but I think him turning heel and being the one to take the belt off of Mox eventually is the way to go

- Sonny Kiss' entrance with the cheerleaders was awesome.  Solid opening match, Sonny is really talented.....also like the eventuality of Cody going heel being slow burned

- Main event was really good, told a good story, protected Cage with the finish.  Liked the stuff with Darby coming back....the two loners in him and Mox having respect for each other makes sense and obviously that's a face v face match they can build up to

Looking at the quarters, Mox-Cage did really really well. Apart from Mox, I think some credit has to go to Taz as well for his brilliant promos leading to the match. The Cody-Kiss match opened the show at much higher numbers than usual despite more competition, which I attribute to Kiss, who is clearly charismatic and def has more interest than many of Cody's recent opponents. 

AEW was definitely hurt by the Lee-Cole title v. title storyline, which was a tremendous success, but that was also literally the biggest possible match they had on that brand. Io-Sasha also did excellent numbers. 

With the Cage defence out of the way, who will challenge Mox for the title at All Out? Signs are pointing to MJF. I don't think they pull the trigger on making MJF the champ yet, but he and Page are the biggest homegrown stars they have, so they will definitely be pushed prominently. 

AEW really are doing a tremendous job right now. There's a clear investment in the future, with Darby Allin, MJF, and Hangman Page being featured regularly and treated like a big deal, and Moxley is having the type of championship reign that he should have been given by WWE years ago.

Awesome show, there's no two ways around it.

Kiss entrance was great. Match was kinda tentative at times but still good and Sonny is really improving his game. He can be a future star, no doubt. Enjoying all the small teases with Tully.

FTR vs Lucha Bros was a very good TV match with a smart finish that protects the LB. Hope to see them get a classic on a big show.

Jurassik Express vs The Elite was just a great, great match. They made Marko Stunt look like a total star and legit threat here. Jungle Boy is crazy good. The other three are the other three, what can you say, they have showed repetitively that they are awesome TV workers. Omega showing signs of Cleaner insanity, that's interesting. Really, the whole Omega/Page/Bucks is the most compelling storyline of the last year. Long term stuff.

Jericho's angle was classic shit. Ortiz not able to ever get up was the icing on the cake. The aim of the drop was absolutely, well, drop dead perfect. And really, Jericho calling himself the Demo God is an ultimate fuck you to idiots on Twitter going insane because of ratings. Hilarious stuff.

Enjoying the Nightmare Sisters stuff on Dark already, glad they made it on the main show.

Ok, so it's Vickie. Whatever, I'm indifferent, maybe it'll be good, hopefully not too silly which would not fit Nyla.

On the other hand.... IVELISSE next week ! YES ! Finally my girl from LU gets back ! Very happy with this.

Cage vs Mox was really good and it was obvious to anyone who has followed Cage for years that he's been working with a lot of restraint, not doing a whole lot of the big acrobatic moves he did before (Jericho even mentioned it), which is very smart. Also, again a very smart finish as Cage is protected despite losing. Darby is back, great stuff.

This was a Perfect, or very close to it, as far a special weekly TV show. Only Schiavone would have made it even better.