Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Thursday edition - August 27, 2020

MoS

I think this stipulation is dumb and Mox still looks like a dumbass for signing it. Sure he gets to beat up a lawyer and as a lawyer I know that is a fulfilling end in itself but he still goes into his title defence with a handicap he didn't need to have.

Ryan "thinks he still works for WWE even though his show was canceled" Satin trying to start drama on Twitter comparing video of Tony Khan asking the live crowd to not do vulgar chants on TV and asking why it doesn't get held to the same standards as WWE attempting to fully produce the fans in the Thunderdome.

18 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Ryan "thinks he still works for WWE even though his show was canceled" Satin trying to start drama on Twitter comparing video of Tony Khan asking the live crowd to not do vulgar chants on TV and asking why it doesn't get held to the same standards as WWE attempting to fully produce the fans in the Thunderdome.

Satin just comes across as so sad and desperate. Even though I'm not a fan, I legitimately feel sorry for the guy. It sucks losing your dream job. 

4 hours ago, MoS said:

I think this stipulation is dumb and Mox still looks like a dumbass for signing it. Sure he gets to beat up a lawyer and as a lawyer I know that is a fulfilling end in itself but he still goes into his title defence with a handicap he didn't need to have.

Um...If I remember correctly, Mox actually won his two last title defenses WITHOUT using the Paradigm Shift/Death Rider (vs Hager & vs Brodie Lee) so I don't see what the big deal is out of this. Mox clearly was more bothered by MJF bringing up Renee during the promo than actually not having to use his finisher in the match at All Out.

Yeah I liked his line about while he *wants* to drop MJF on his head multiple times with it he doesn't *need* it to beat him. The whole story was MJF overreacting to getting punked out during his promo and thinking all he needs to do to win is take Mox's finisher away. 

I did like MJF mentioning he is not going to fall in the same trap others have and keep the match in the ring. Everyone's expecting this to be another crazy Mox brawl, so it would be great for MJF to pull an ECW Cactus Jack and slap on a headlock when people are expecting violence.

I may have an unpopular opinion but MJF in the ring and duelling with Moxley made him look a lot worse than you’d expect. Mox still came off as the undisputed ace of the promotion while MJF still felt a couple of steps behind, even with his good, rehearsed promo. I have a feeling they’re going with Moxley retaining and then running Moxley/Archer for the title until someone comes along who feels as transcendent as Moxley.

Agree that the Page stuff felt needlessly convoluted and it felt like a cheap way to protect the Bucks who have pretty much proven to be bulletproof. I know FTR are winning the belts and they’re going to the Bucks feud but still, the Bucks have enough cache where they can get their momentum back instantly.

Thank god we now have Thunder Rosa, Diamanté and Ivelisse because that women’s match was something straight out of 2003 Smackdown.  Sabian as Ford’s Marc Mero is perfect booking though. Britt, Nyla and the three previously mentioned feels like a division you can do something interesting with post All Out.

Not to be ultra critical, I dug the 8–man and the gauntlet (Page finish aside) and liked Cardona and Sky coming to the valiant rescue a week after they should have. Cassidy just fucking sprinting at Jericho was fantastic but Sammy/Matt was AWESOME. No messing around with a slow start, just straight into violence and in that sense, maybe a TV main event was a better choice than a PPV match, just to keep it tight.

Between Matt/Sammy and Best Friends/Santana and Ortiz being on TV, I have a feeling that a lot of All Out matches are going long.