Pro Wrestling Only

Early WM XXI buy rate

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

--Wrestlemania was a huge success on PPV this year with 940,000 buys estimated at this point, so it's just below all-time record levels.

Credit - WO.com

I'm absolutely shocked. I guess Backlash will tell us if Batista was a draw or if the Wrestlemania name was just an enormous draw this year. Ditto JD for Cena. Although, they've already hurt Batista somewhat, and he's not as strong as he was before Mania.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

I hate to point out the obvious, but just imagine how big it might have been had they really pushed like crazy that Hogan was going to do an angle on the show.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

I'd say the drawing power of WM XXI probably went like this:

Austin on Piper's Pit

Batista v Triple H

The Wrestlemania name

Kurt Angle v Shawn Michaels

John Cena v Bradshaw

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

When they showed Austin and Hogan's faces on Raw during the video pieces that revealed they were coming back, Austin got a monster reaction in the arena, while Hogan almost nothing.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

It's the specialness of seeing him live in person. The people will tune out in droves if Hogan takes a 15-minute standing ovation on television, but in person, they'll go nuts for him.

Guest Some Guy

I'd say the drawing power of WM XXI probably went like this:

Austin on Piper's Pit

Batista v Triple H

Kurt Angle v Shawn Michaels

John Cena v Bradshaw

Do you really think a ton of people paid $50 to see an interview segment? I know people were talking about it and it caused dome buzz but when push comes to shove $50 for a promo is an alwful lot of money for very little. I'd drop Austin/Piper below Angle/HBK on your list and keep the rest the same.

I didn't order the show, but if I did Angle/HBK would have been the reason. I'll pick up the DVD because it's WM and I have all the rest.

Guest Some Guy

It sells itself but not 1 million buys on the name alone. I'm pretty suprised by the buyrate being so big. There was nothing on the show that made me say," Damn I need to see that show and I'm sure it will be worth every nickel."