Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - October 7, 2020

MoS

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Tanahashi popping up in the Jericho tribute videos will certainly get the rumor mill working overtime about a NJPW/AEW agreement.

Not just that, but in the Archer promo, he mentioned NJPW by name. Pretty sure it's the first time on AEW television. Theyusually used to say "in Japan" or "in the Tokyo Dome"

Well by all accounts getting rid of Harold Meij was a huge step in normalizing relations. He pissed off the Elite on their way out and him being the CEO was a major roadblock in the companies working together.

I'm sure the rest of the New Japan brass realizes working with AEW will help them build up their US presence and it would be stupid to let one person get in the way of that. 

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

This is a bad match and a bad main event and if indulging Jericho means indulging shit like this, then Tony Khan should put his foot down.

It's just backdrop for the angle, and if the cost of getting Jericho to help build the company up as a heel champ is to have Dr. Luther in a match on Dynamite....well I'd be okay with that.

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's just backdrop for the angle, and if the cost of getting Jericho to help build the company up as a heel champ is to have Dr. Luther in a match on Dynamite....well I'd be okay with that.

No reason they couldn't have had someone else in the slot. It's not as if the Jericho-Luther connection is very deep. It is barely a connection. 

I honestly loved that silly twist at the end. They are dragging Jericho-MJF out and I am here for it.

Great episode of Dynamite, mostly because of the amazing dog collar match and the really really fun hoss match at the beginning. Next week is going to be great.

Thought for sure we were getting the Jericho and Inner Circle face turn but ending it with the credits and the heels celebrating was hilarious. I’m not sure about building a Jericho tribute and ending it with a tease is the way to go to sustain the angle but whatever. If you watch back, Wardlow and Hager refuse to break eye contact with each other as the ring fills up in a great touch. Dug the show well enough but they need the extra hour show right now; the roster is real deep and the women definitely need more of a focus and more time to get things over