Pro Wrestling Only

Brian Adams passes away

Bix

I thought one of the WWE's talking points was "It's all the fault of that evil rasslin promoter Ted Turner".

One of my friends, who has been strongly pro-WWE during this entire ordeal, actually E-Mailed me with the news and noted that this is another late 90's WCW guy who died young, apparently forgetting that Adams wrestled longer and more prominently with WWF. So I guess WWE pushing that talking point hasn't been entirely unsuccessful.

Guest teke184

I thought one of the WWE's talking points was "It's all the fault of that evil rasslin promoter Ted Turner".

One of my friends, who has been strongly pro-WWE during this entire ordeal, actually E-Mailed me with the news and noted that this is another late 90's WCW guy who died young, apparently forgetting that Adams wrestled longer and more prominently with WWF. So I guess WWE pushing that talking point hasn't been entirely unsuccessful.

Considering the number of image make-overs that Adams was given, it's an honest mistake.

Demolition Crush, Kona Crush, "Yoko's lackey" Crush, biker "convict" Crush, and Kronik Brian Adams generally looked fairly different due to the use of hair dye and face paint.

Kind of the same way that Brian Clarke's many gimmicks generally get forgotten in favor of Kronik. (Nightstalker, Adam Bomb, Wrath, etc.)

Guest teke184

Well, he was the original KISS "Demon", so clearly he was into devil worshipping just like Woman.

Oh, and can someone fix the title? Brian Adams is a prematurely dead wrestler. Bryan Adams is a regrettably alive singer.

"Now, now, the Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions."

IF WWE wasn't so commited to the "We're the only source of sports entertainment"out there talking point they might be able to do a half convincing it's all the fault of the evil "New Japan" dojo system.

In the case of Brian Adams, perhaps it can be blamed on Scientology.

IF WWE wasn't so commited to the "We're the only source of sports entertainment"out there talking point they might be able to do a half convincing it's all the fault of the evil "New Japan" dojo system.

In the case of Brian Adams, perhaps it can be blamed on Scientology.

Isn't Scientology anti-medication though? Or am I thinking of something else?

Doesn't mean Vince wouldn't blame it if he thought it would work.

• 1 month later...

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=20843

Brian Adams autopsy results

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

Toxicology tests on former pro wrestler Brian "Crush" Adams came back and his 8/13 death was ruled a drug overdose.

Adams came back with a lethal combination of buprenorphine (an analgesic), carisorpdol (somas), chlordiazepoxide and alprazolam (an anti-anxiety medication).

Dr. Leszek Chrostowki of the Hillsborough County Medical Examiners Office ruled the death to be an accidental overdose of the combined effects if the four medications.

Adams had no anabolic steroids in his system at the time of his death.