Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - New Year's Smash Day 1 - January 6, 2021

MoS

13 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Good thing there hasn't been anything like a mob storming the Capitol to draw people's attention to the news and away from wrestling. AEW just can't catch a break lately.

Both the WWE and the US empires are falling in front of our eyes

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

The build to this match was terrible, but I am liking Abadon-Shida so far. I am sure I am in the minority, but I think it's been great

I’m glad Shida went over decisively. That makes up for the shit where she had to look scared of Abadon. 

Snoop Dogg looks like a grandpa. His frog splash was hilariously bad, yet it was fun as hell. Sasha Banks tweeting about it only made it better (talk about Sasha not giving two flying fucks anymore, she has to be in that S3 of the Mandalorian). This has filled with with joy, and the match got really good after somewhat of a shaky start.

On the other hand... sorry, but Abadon vs Shida wasn't good at all, despite Shida's best efforts. And I've seen too much Su Yung & Rosemary to be impressed or even intrigued by Abadon's character, who really does comes off like a girl doing a zombi cosplay.

Fenix vs Omega, holy shit, good luck fellows to follow that up on TV all year long. This is basically the sixth MOTYC in four days to me. It's like Omega watched Wrestle Kingdom and went : hold my milk. And this was the Fenix who totally overshadowed Ricochet (as Prince Puma) in Lucha Underground as the babyface ace, and despite the ending, the match really was designed by Omega to feature Fenix, who looked godlike in this.

The final angle was just all kind of awesome and it's pretty fascinating to see how things work out, as the Good Brothers were supposed to be part of AEW's debut but resigned to WWE instead. Then they get cut out because WWE can't support its workers during the COVID pandemic, ya know, they end up in IMPACT and people be like "lol" and all. And now they *still* show up in AEW in the middle of arguably the biggest angle they ever did on TV. Amazing. 

(yeah, we soooooo need Omega vs Ibushi next year at Wrestle Kingdom...)

I read they said Nick hurt his leg on blocking that 630 from Jack. First report said broken leg then the second said a leg contusion. I knew it looked weird though after he got the knees up on it but thankfully he isn't bad hurt. Cause, that would have sucked.

I wonder when they are going to actually do something with Sting instead of having scare off Team Taz every single week.