Pro Wrestling Only

Momoe Nakanashi

Grimmas

jushin muta liger said:

"One of the most dynamic wrestlers I've ever seen. So much that Natsuki Taiyo did what Benoit did with Dynamite Kid and completely wrestled just like Momoe. If Momoe was in her prime in this modern era where gifs of her doing the Momo Latch goes viral once every six months, she would be a star either in Bushiroad's Stardom or in one of the two majors in the US. Dynamic high speed wrestler, good tag worker and sympathetic babyface that could fire up when she needed to in important matches."

She looks good here and there, but she also often looks like every other piece of trash spot blowing no selling Toyota clone. The Maekawa match series is telling of this as some of these matches are good to great and some of them are abominations. Not really someone I consider among the best from an era that was struggling hard to begin with, but I am willing to be swayed with some recommendations.

Momoe's career was too short by modern standards, though it was roughly the same length as some of the forced retirement candidates who I would be support of. She was a dynamo, that's for sure. My first instinct was to say that she didn't have a GWE-worthy career, but that you could make a pretty cool 'Best Of' tape. My most recent issues with her are that I'm not sure she deserved to win the Big Red Belt and that the match she won it in isn't that great. 

She really stands out in tags because she's such a great athlete and bumps like a complete lunatic. Singles matches is more hit or miss but if she's in with a veteran like Kaoru Ito or Mariko Yoshida, she can have a really excellent match because she has some really great tools they can work with. Just repetitive offensively which is easier to hide in tags. That moonsault off the cage during the 11/23/00 match is one of the holy shit spots of the era though. Would have been better if her longest singles matches were 20 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes

Great for what she did but her era is effectively dark and her run was shorter than others. I can't vote her over Azumi Hyuga who was better or Nanae who was her contemporary but wrestled twice as long.

I still really like her though and think she's really good and everyone should watch and at least give her a chance. Great bumper with some cool moves and tried really hard even against all odds. (Both in kayfabe and real life)