Pro Wrestling Only

Alexa Bliss

Grimmas

There is no reason to be condescending over an Alexa Bliss nomination. If people are evaluating Dragon Gate wrestlers(and that isn't even the worst of the modern wrestlers being looked at)  as potentially the best ever then this shouldn't bizarre for you. Not a great wrestler but her affinity for the supernatural is worth discussing. Would rank on my top 100 demonically possessed workers.

13 hours ago, strobogo said:

I think you can be certain she's going to get a million more chances to put on good matches in high profile situations over the next 5 years

The problem there is that, although she's currently in a prominent role, she's in a role that's almost certainly going to prevent her having good matches. Nothing The Fiend touches ends up being good to watch in the ring (miracle Bryan match and hilarious Goldberg squash excepted), and if Alexa starts wrestling more like Wyatt, she's going to be in the unwatchable category with him. 

8 minutes ago, NotJayTabb said:

The problem there is that, although she's currently in a prominent role, she's in a role that's almost certainly going to prevent her having good matches. Nothing The Fiend touches ends up being good to watch in the ring (miracle Bryan match and hilarious Goldberg squash excepted), and if Alexa starts wrestling more like Wyatt, she's going to be in the unwatchable category with him. 

I pictured Alexa Bliss' character gaining enough weight to wrestle like Wyatt and more or less came up with Bertha Faye. Rhonda would've deserved better too.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, Grimmas said:

I think I value playing a role more than having the great matches, I dont' see her making it now but in 5 years she could, if things role her way. She has a lot of potential.

She plays her role terribly. A dominant heel champ (since she won clean so many times, often squashing her opponents) who has shitty strikes, offence that mostly doesn't land and looks bad, and who has zero physical presence to make up for all of that? That's the opposite of playing a role well. She is a really talented out-of-ring performer and her character work is often excellent. But there is a reason why the fans were usually dead for her matches

On 4/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, Grimmas said:

I think I value playing a role more than having the great matches, I dont' see her making it now but in 5 years she could, if things role her way. She has a lot of potential.

She plays her role terribly. A dominant heel champ (since she won clean so many times, often squashing her opponents) who has shitty strikes, offence that mostly doesn't land and looks bad, and who has zero physical presence to make up for all of that? That's the opposite of playing a role well. She is a really talented out-of-ring performer and her character work is often excellent. But there is a reason why the fans were usually dead for her matches

The only Alexa matches I liked were the ones against Ronda. Having her gain some momentary heat by cheating or stalling before being thoroughly destroyed is the best possible use for her. The fact that she was pushed as a dominant heel for so long is an atrocity. And the notion that she could be considered one of the 100 greatest wrestlers who ever lived is preposterous.

Her character and mic work are pretty good. The rest? Not really my cup of tea. Her offence on top I've never found engaging. The top rope splash she sometimes does is nice but she also looks scared of getting hurt if someone brings the knees up. She's one of the few women who aren't Nia Jax or Tamina Snuka that rarely take a proper bump in the ring. These things are pretty prominent across most of her matches since moving up to the main roster.