Pro Wrestling Only

Dominic Garrini

Grimmas

Phil Schneider said: "He is a guy who is at the start of his career, still has stuff to learn and will be adding to his case clearly, but thinking about it he has had a really great list of top matches. There are plenty of people who have been nominated who don't have a match as good as the I Quit match with Bishop or last months war with Eddie Kingston. I also have really enjoyed him doing straight grappling heavy shootstyle stuff in PPW."

Recommended Matches:

Dominic Garrini vs. Cain Justice CWF Mid Atlantic 2/25/17

Dominic Garrini vs. Joshua Bishop AIW 4/4/19

Dominic Garrini/Kevin Ku vs. To Infinity and Beyond SUP 10/9/20

Dominic Garrini vs. Eddie Kingston AIW 4/3/21

I like Dom, I've seen pretty much his entire career from the very beginning. He was good pretty early, the ZSJ match from his first year was his first big opportunity, and he delivered in a tough spot for AIW that night. The Bishop match is one of my favorite moments in wrestling over the last few years, and he's good for a couple of matches I really like every year. But him being one of the best guys working indies right now is more indictment of current indie wrestling than a feather in his cap, and I can't really get behind "guy who is familiar with Kazushi Sakuraba" gimmick. 

5 years is a long time, but he's gonna have to really hit another gear for me to seriously consider him. 

I really like Dom, but I also think he has a long road to consideration. Love his dedication to tag work and his ability to carve out a pretty distinct niche for himself in the indie scene. He has some pretty high highs, but I think he might be a better floor wrestler.  I don't remember the last time I watched a Dom match and didn't find something to enjoy in.

haha.... that would be interesting.

I'll say that when I bough a shirt from him a few years back and I bought the wrong size he was really helpful and went out of his way to get me the right size at no extra charge.

• 2 weeks later...

Dom probably has a top 5 match in AIW history (the Bishop match from 4/4/19 mentioned at the beginning) and the best match in SUP history (him and Ku vs. They Might Be Giants). Now the later I don't think isn't going to feel like a bigger feather until SUP is closer to 6 or 7 years old since it is a young promotion and they've lost time with COVID (plus a venue via a natural disaster). Before all of that though they were probably amongst the top 3 best promotions in the states.

Dom started out pretty good and at times can be great, Deathmatch Dom is a top-tier dude of the modern era, but this is where living in the moment can be an issue. Right now he might not be the best wrestler on his team night-to-night and I'm sorry but I'm not coming close to recognize Ku for this type of list. They are definitely still the best team on the indies, one of the best tags on the planet currently but also...weird times so what does that mean. The next year or two would have been important for his case regardless but especially with more dates likely on the books in a greater variety of settings then we've seen him in the past year and a half.