Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - June 26, 2021 - Saturday Night Edition

MoS

15 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Lol at Konnan telling Tully he’ll need to learn some Spanish to talk to his grandkids. Pretty obvious that FTR was posing as Proud and Powerful as soon as they came out, but I like this feud. 

Yeah I liked the angle, although it was a bit corny and predictable. I liked the promos the two cut as well. But then they immediately went from that to the Andrade angle, which meant there was no time for the effect to sink in. It is a constant problem with AEW's big angles. Tony is friends with Bischoff. He should look at how Eric would book the aftereffects of every NWO angle in 1996, and how integral it was in getting it over. And if the Andrade-Vickie pairing was good, it would be one thing, but 

17 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

I know they put Andrade with Vickie because they want him to be booed but it’s the wrong kind of heat. 

this. It is a total turn-off.

As of tonight I really hate this irregular yet regularly schedule.  I thought the show started at 10pm like all the other misplaced refugee Dynamite episodes for the past month or so. 

At 9:15 I go to f4wonline to check the card out.  Then I notice they already have results listed.

It was at that point that the cursing of the schedule proceeded with prejudice!  Dynamite is the only show on regular TV that I watch anything live at a fixed time.  I felt like a little kid again who slept through WWF Superstars on Saturday mornings.

I missed Hobbs/Page, an awesome sounding Miro promo and whatever angles they ran with MJF & Friends vs Jericho & People He Pays to Hangout with him.  Oh well, that is what this internet is for, right?  I wish Dynamite had replays…

Main Event Time…maybe Taz can sing us out?  Nope.  

No Dark Order tonight?

Anyway….That was quite the main event we got there tonight.  

Jungle  Boy will make a credible champion when he faces the guy (Starks?  Cody?  Omega Redo?) who beats the guy (Hangman) who beats Omega.  JB has to transition to Jungle Man or more reasonably “Jungle” or “Hollywood”and then go with his birthright name, Jack/Jake Perry, before he wins singles titles.  

It takes someone phenomenal to outrun Kenny Omega and the insane pace that he cuts during his singles matches.  JB and Omega worked so well together.  Maybe a trios match with Perry vs Omega and the obvious picks for their partners in a Dynamite in July can get us more JB vs Omega again without burning through all potential title matches.  The belt should only be defended every 4-6 weeks.  They. can fill in the perceived “downtime” by doing…matches, promos and confrontations.  It worked for the entire wrestling world until monthly PPVs put us all on a hamster wheel of repetition disguised as progress and continuity. 

1 hour ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Ric Flair never became the Nature Man. As long as he keeps the gimmick Jungle Boy is fine. 

As long as he eventually calls himself the name that JR seems to be dying to say instead of calling him Jungle Boy…

Jungle Man would truthfully be a terrible change that, as you stated, he really doesn’t need to change..  Flair never switched to Nature Man.  Where JB and Flair differ occurs because Flair was never billed just as Nature Man.  Nature Man is never winning 16 world titles.  Ric Flair and his close personal friend “Nature Boy” Ric Flair ARE 16 time world champions.  JB needs to get to the stage where Jungle Boy is transforms from being both his gimmick and the entirety of the name that he currently goes by.  

Jungle Boy is eventually a  total misnomer and now forms the nickname portion of whatever stage name he settles on.  If he doesn’t eventually shift over to being Jack or Jake Perry poor ol’JR will blow a gasket and go on a BBQ hunger strike until Jungke Boy succumbs to JR’s dream of not having to call him Jungle Boy.  You can hear how much he despises calling someone he would normally endorse 100% whenever he says the gimmick name out loud each week. 

Jungle Boy is the real deal, for sure. Could have done without the run ins for the Hardy/Christian feud but I liked seeing everyone intersect again. Was pretty much a one-match show but it was still a breezy watch. I agree that nothing in this Pinnacle feud is sinking in though. At least show SOME recaps to get over what these two factions are doing to each other.

13 hours ago, Flyin' Brian said:

I know they put Andrade with Vickie because they want him to be booed but it’s the wrong kind of heat. 

Not only that, but now Vickie is ‘wrestling’ next week teaming with Nyla.  Really wish TK would move Vickie on rather than double down and use her more.

Enjoyed the hell out of Omega Vs Jungle Boy and was relived not to have another Omega match with an interference finish.  

Kenny can be a dork at times, but dude always delivers in the ring. He basically had the match he does in AAA with Jungle Boy and made him look like a million bucks in spite of losing. 

The usual suspects will probably never give him credit, but he's proven to be able to give top level performances in three different countries while basically wrestling different styles in each. There's really not that many people in wrestling now (or really ever IMO) who could do that.