Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - June 30, 2021

MoS

I forgot to mention, Miro's new music and his God's favourite champion gimmick are all solid gold. Miro absolutely rules 

The main event was excellent, but it's chicken coming home to roost time for AEW as far as bullshit interference finishes go. In theory, the finish keeps Sammy strong, puts him over even in defeat, and allows MJF to get even more heat. Except every single match in AEW in the last 6 months has had a ton of interference, nd thus as a result this one just lost its bite. This is even before Jericho pulled a Taker-HHH WM 17 and acted like a two feet bump from the crowd to the floor was instant death 

7 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

At this point, I don't think AEW would lose many viewers or much goodwill by shunting JR.

Yeah I can't imagine the folks watching are doing it because of J.R. Even when he was first brought on, it was probably an attempt boost credibility but I doubt anyone seriously started watching just because of him.

Listening to last night's WO Radio show and of course Dave is defending JR by saying what he did was a mistake but not a big deal and people shouldn't be upset about it. In a vacuum this would be fine except the guy has a history of mistakes and people like Dave continuing to defend him just makes it clear it will keep happening.

5 hours ago, MoS said:

I forgot to mention, Miro's new music and his God's favourite champion gimmick are all solid gold. Miro absolutely rules 

The main event was excellent, but it's chicken coming home to roost time for AEW as far as bullshit interference finishes go. In theory, the finish keeps Sammy strong, puts him over even in defeat, and allows MJF to get even more heat. Except every single match in AEW in the last 6 months has had a ton of interference, nd thus as a result this one just lost its bite. This is even before Jericho pulled a Taker-HHH WM 17 and acted like a two feet bump from the crowd to the floor was instant death 

He's selling the arm injury that he's had since he was shoved off the WarGames cage.........

I thought the show was great and I'm psyched for them to go on the road.  I'm into most of the angles they've got going, but they've definitely been waiting for the crowds to turn it up and you can tell they're ready to do that with a bunch of stuff

I didn't even catch the JR thing because I stopped watching before it happened.  Meh.  He doesn't bother me nearly as much as other people, in fact I think he generally adds to the product, but a gaffe like that is pretty F'n bad.  I don't think he needs to go immediately, but clearly he was never going to be a long-term answer and plans to phase him out should have already been in the works.  Tony and Excaliber are great, and they have tons of people they can rotate in and out as a third man.  I prefer it that way actually, with Taz, Callis, Jericho etc. all hopping on from time to time, plus Big Show and Henry and whoever

3 minutes ago, MoS said:

The arm injury that did not stop him from doing a kayfabe brutal Stadium Stampede match killed him dead on a 2-feet bump to the floor?

cast is off now.  he was using it as a weapon in that match

Edited by cm funk

2 hours ago, cm funk said:

cast is off now.  he was using it as a weapon in that match

So then that 2 feet bump did not deserve to be sold like Wardlow basically murdered him? He took plenty of kayfabe dangerous bumps in the SS match after all, much worse than this one

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Listening to last night's WO Radio show and of course Dave is defending JR by saying what he did was a mistake but not a big deal and people shouldn't be upset about it. In a vacuum this would be fine except the guy has a history of mistakes and people like Dave continuing to defend him just makes it clear it will keep happening.

If you listen to the newest Jim Ross podcast, the second part of the Lex Luger story, he frequently goes off on sidetrack diatribes & starts shitting on flips & thigh slaps seemingly out of nowhere.

I have no doubt in my mind that he hates AEW and wishes he was back in WWE. Zero. 

2 hours ago, MoS said:

So then that 2 feet bump did not deserve to be sold like Wardlow basically murdered him? He took plenty of kayfabe dangerous bumps in the SS match after all, much worse than this one

The bump was clearly taken where he landed right on the "bad/recently healed" arm and sold as such.  It was done on purpose.  Have you ever had a lingering, easily re-injured injury?  It happens on things that wouldn't normally register as a big deal

MJF's finisher is the Fujiwara armbar.  This is clearly all being done to build to him tapping out Jericho.  In fact, I happen to believe the whole arm injury was a work the entire way.......

Seems like a weird thing to complain about, but whatever.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

I mentioned it as an aside at the end of a long paragraph. It is consistent with the pattern of Jericho generally dragging this angle down. I hope he loses clean to MJF with no interference

and then takes a nice long vacation so that Guevara and Santana/Ortiz can get some shine without him.