Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Southern Boys get the crowd going. Things take a turn for the worse as Scott does the stretcher job courtesy of those no good Desperados. 

Goliath defiantly looks mighty after that performance. 

LOL, those wretched Rich's win a battle but I know the Sawyers aren't done yet. 

Kirchner takes the mist! 

WOW! Bullet and Adonis are heading for another big showdown. 

I'm ok with Fuller and Golden walking out because now we're going to get a CAGE match! 

Landel is in big trouble because Idol gets his choice. Cracked me up that Landel was in Slick's face until Bad News walked over. 

Can't wait for Christmas Clash! 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEEN SUPER BUSY, ON THE ROAD ALL WEEKEND IN THE NAME OF NOT GETTING BEHIND I DID THIS WEEK'S SHOW AS MORE OF A RECAP/I'LL BE POSTING THE MONDAY NIGHT CARD SHORTLY....THANKS!

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV- RECAP VERSION

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday December 18, 1986

Host: Charlie Platt

Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

Show opened with highlights from Tag Team Turmoil in Jackson last week

Platt/Gossett let everyone know that Dusty Rhodes will be returning this Monday night with a MYSTERY PARTNER to take on Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher with Chicky Starr as we head towards CHRISTMAS CLASH where Dusty will challenge Brody for the Southeastern Championship in a CHAIN MATCH!  They also mention that based on what took place in the Continental Tag Team title match last Monday, Les Thatcher has signed a STEEL CAGE CCW Tag Team Title rematch with Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defending against Mr. Olympia/Junkyard Dog!  Also, next week Wendell Cooley and Austin Idol will choose the stipulation for their matches at Christmas Clash as a result of their win at Tag Team Turmoil.

MATCH #1:

Scorpio pinned Dusty Wolfe following a moonsault

Joe Pedicino announced that Scorpio will be involved in a Four Corners Junior Heavyweight Challenge Match against The Cobra, Scott Armstrong, and "Flamboyant" Eric Embry this Monday in Huntsville! Also, he lets Scorpio know that the Cobra has challenged him to a 'Mask vs. Mask' at Christmas Clash! Scorpio says he accepts the challenge

A video is shown of Billy Joe Travis walking around downtown Nashville wearing the Television championship belt that he "stole" last week after Terry Taylor was stripped of the title.  Once the video is over, Les Thatcher joins Platt/Gossett and confirms that Travis is NOT the Television Champion and that he has SEVEN DAYS to return the championship belt or face suspension. Thatcher also added that there will be an announcement in the coming weeks on when and how a new champion will be crowned.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #2:

Bruiser Brody/Abdullah the Butcher w/Chicky Starr defeated Mitch Snow/"Surfer" Ray Odyssey when Brody pinned Snow after a jumping piledriver

After the match, Starr said that it doesn't matter who Rhodes brings as his partner his men will destroy them….Brody grabs the microphone and says that the fat man may not make it to Christmas after he gets his hands on him this week…..but if he does, he will regret agreeing to a CHAIN MATCH against him and if wants a loser leaves town match…he will be more than happy to send him packing!!

In the locker room, Pedicino is joined by Brett/Buzz Sawyer……Buzz is ranting and raving about their loss to Johnny/Davey Rich last week…..Buzz says that if the Rich Cousins have "an ounce of guts" they will face them this Monday night in a DOUBLE DOG COLLAR MATCH!!

MATCH #3:

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated The Interns (#1/#2) when Johnny pinned Intern #1 with small package, After the match, Johnny Rich says they'll fight the Sawyers in any kinda match they want….including a DOG COLLAR MATCH!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Austin Idol joins Joe Pedicino and tells him that he can't wait to drop the match stipulation on Buddy Landel for Christmas Clash but he's going to make him wait another week but Buddy knows that he's got his number because TWO times he's been in the Las Vegas leglock and TWO times he's submitted and on Christmas when Landel submits, he will be the new CCW Champion!

MATCH #4:

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Dutch Mantell defeated Todd Morton/Randy Watson/Jackie Daytona when Mantell pinned Watson with a 'Gourd Buster"

Mantell says that Continental isn't big enough for both Bill Dundee and him so he's challenging him to a 'Loser leaves Town' match! Fuller says that cage means nothing! He and his cousin Jimmy Golden will beat Olympia and Junkyard Dog and keep their titles! Pedicino asked where Slick is?  Golden replies, "Not that it's any of your business but he and Buddy are off training to prepare for Austin Idol at Christmas Clash!

In the locker room, Corporal Kirchner is with Freddie Miller, Kirchner is wearing an eyepatch after getting Killer Khan's poison mist to the eye last week. Kirchner says he wants revenge on Khan and he'll face him in ANY kind of match to get it!  Al Madril busts in followed by Killer Khan…..Madril says, "You want a piece of my boy, Khannie? Then you have to face him in his specialty match! The Mongolian Stretcher match!"  Kirchner replies, "You're on!!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Charlie runs down the card for this Monday in Huntsville:

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday December 20, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

SPECIAL CHALLENGE TAG TEAM MATCH

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Mystery Partner

vs.

Bruiser Brody/Abdullah the Butcher w/Chicky Starr

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

The Bullet

vs.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel

LOSER LEAVES TOWN

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick

DOUBLE DOG COLLAR MATCH

Johnny/Davey Rich

vs.

Brett/Buzz Sawyer

MONGOLIAN STRETCHER MATCH

Killer Khan w/Al Madril

vs.

Corporal Kirchner

REMATCH

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

vs.

The Desperados ("Killer" Tim Brooks/"Wild" Bill Irwin)

FOUR CORNERS JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT

The Cobra

vs.

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Scorpio

vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Sherri

Brady Boone

vs.

"Music City Sensation"

Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #5:

TAG TEAM MATCH

The Bullet/Scott Armstrong defeated "Adorable" Adrian Adonis/"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Sherri Martel when Scott pinned Embry with a backslide

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday December 20, 1986

"Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno pinned Brady Boone with his feet on the ropes

FOUR CORNERS JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT

The Cobra vs.Scott Armstrong vs. Scorpio vs."Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Sherri

1. Scorpio pinned The Cobra with a victory roll
  2. Embry pinned Scorpio with roll up and a handful of tights
  3. Armstrong pinned Embry following a superkick

REMATCH

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Desperados ("Killer" Tim Brooks/"Wild" Bill Irwin) when Smothers pinned Brooks after a shoulder block off the top rope

MONGOLIAN STRETCHER MATCH

Killer Khan w/Al Madril defeated Corporal Kirchner after coming off the top rope twice with a knee to the throat, Kirchner was spitting up blood as he was being stretchered out

DOUBLE DOG COLLAR MATCH

Brett/Buzz Sawyer defeated Johnny/Davey Rich in a brutal bloody match where all four men bled when Davey's arm fell down three times as Buzz hung him over his shoulder with the chain

LOSER LEAVES TOWN

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned "Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick after Slick attempted to hit Dundee with his cane but hit Mantell by accident instead

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

The Bullet pinned "Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel after hitting him with his 'Georgia Jawjacker' (chin breaker)

MAIN EVENT

SPECIAL CHALLENGE TAG TEAM MATCH

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Mystery Partner

vs.

Bruiser Brody/Abdullah the Butcher w/Chicky Starr

Brody/Butcher came to the ring first along with Chicky Starr and Teijho Khan. Dusty made his way to ringside to a loud roar from the crowd….he then introduced his mystery partner who turned out to be ……..RONNIE GARVIN!  The match started out as a wild melee but the referee finally settled it down to a normal tag match. Considering the four men involved it was a very hard hitting match, that went back and forth quite a bit……until Teijho pulled Garvin off the ring apron to the floor which distracted Rhodes momentarily which allowed Brody to connect with a big boot to the face followed by the "Sudanese Meat Cleaver" elbow drop from Abby who then managed to cover Rhodes for the pin!  The crowd was livid as the Starr Corporation strutted away from the ring in victory!

Huge show in Huntsville!

Enjoyed all the stipulations throughout the card.  I could just picture Buzz hanging someone over his shoulder in the dog collar match!  

It seems the Bullet has a new finisher... the Georgia Jawjacker!  The whole Bullet thing is so well done!

WOW... the main event was great.  How often does the Mystery guest show up and then not get the win!  Love surprises. 

Awesome 1986 for CCW... looking forward to 87!

Thatcher gives Travis a ultimatum, return the title or be suspended!

Idol getting in Budro's head by making him wait another week to find out the stipulation to their title match.

"Dirty" Dutch throws the gauntlet down. Him vs Dundee in a Loser Leaves Town match!

"Khannie" LOL 

Armstrong gets one over on Embry. That must've felt good.

Onto Huntsville.

Travis gets a win in the opener. Now he's got a big decision to make.

A Four Corners match sees the good guys both get the best of their rivals.

The Southern Boys have quickly gotten their groove back.

See Kirchner, this is why you don't agree to face Killer Khan in a Mongolian Stretcher match!

Likewise, you don't agree to chain yourself to a guy called "Mad Dog"!

Slick's first big screw-up is a big one and now Mantell's gone!

The Bullet pulls out the Georgia Jawjacker! I'm shocked...shocked I say!

The numbers game proves to be too much for The American Dream & "Rugged" Ronnie.

CCW is charging full steam ahead into 87.

Les Thatcher needs to understand that possession is 9/10ths of the law and leave Billy Travis and his title alone!

Scorpio/Cobra in an Apuestas match for the Christmas show is a nice little undercard match with big stakes.

Brody/Abby is a nasty team. Brody vs Dusty is a HUGE match! Adding in the chain and the Loser Leaving Town, literally a main event anywhere in the world! #Cliche

Double Dog Collar! Nice!!

Dutch challenges Dundee to another LLT match... things are getting crazy for Christmas!

Khannie is NO Slink...

To the Civic Center!!!

Nice wins for Travis, Armstrong, and The Southern Boys to open the show.

Kirchner does the big stretcher ride to the unemployment line!!

Sawyers win the Double Dog Collar against the not quite as Rich's

Dundee picks up the win and Dutch is gone!! Oh Shit!

The Bullet puts down the Adorable One to become the top contender! The winner of Landel/Idol has a challenger already!

Ron Garvin is a great partner for Dusty, but it still isn't enough to get the job done!! The numbers take over and the Starr Corp gets the win. The heat for Dusty/Brody is going to be HUGE!!

Good Stuff!!!

It's great to see Slick's stable taking losses!

The Bullet challenging for the title is something I definitely want to see!

What a ending to the night! A big boot from Brody and an elbow drop from Abby is enough to put anyone away! Something needs to be done about these sneaks at ringside! Dusty Rhodes deserves a fair match!

The sight of Travis strutting through Nashville wearing the TV title cracked me up. Hopefully he can win it for real LOL. 

Is there a team more intimidating than Brody and Abby? 

Buzz Sawyer was born to be in a dog collar match. The Rich's might be in serious trouble. 

Austin Idol defiantly has Landel's number. Can lightning strike 3 times? 

Dirty Dutch wants Dundee out of Continental! 

I hope Kirchner knows what he's in for going against Khannie in a Mongolian stretcher match. 

Armstrong's finish TV with a crowd pleasing win. 

To the Civic Center,

"The real TV champ" Billy Joe delivers. 

I think Scott Armstrong has earned a Jr. title match. 

For the 2nd time, the Southern Boys defeat the Desperados. 

I knew Kirchner was in for it as Khan gives him a brutal beating and sends him out on the stretcher. 

Of course Buzz wins the dog collar match. Chalk another one up for the Sawyers. Will the Rich's want more? 

Slick actually makes a mistake and inadvertently helps Dundee send Dutch packing. I wonder how Fuller and Golden will react. 

Bullet gets some payback on Adonis and is now the number 1 contender. 

Ronnie Garvin has arrived! I think Continental is the perfect place for the Rugged One. Teijo is the difference maker as Brody and Abby double team Rhodes and get the win. This adds great heat to the upcoming Brody/Rhodes chain match. 

Great week Gene! 

presents

CHRISTMAS CLASH '86

Civic Center

Rome, Georgia

Saturday December 25, 1986

Les Thatcher enters the ring and welcomes everyone to Christmas Clash!  He points out Ron Fuller and Jack Brisco who are sitting together in the front row, He says that Ron will have a huge announcement later tonight, just before the main event! 

Mask vs. Mask

The Cobra w/Downtown Bruno pinned Scorpio with handful of tights, following the prematch stipulation, Scorpio removed his mask

United States Jr. Heavyweight Championship

NO TIME LIMIT/NO DQ

Scott Armstrong pinned Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel with a backslide to win the U.S. Jr Heavyweight championship!

#1 Contender's Tag Team Battle Royal

1. The Desperados (Bill Irwin/Tim Brooks)
  2. The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)
  3. The Grapplers (#1/#2)
  4. The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)
  5. Brett/Buzz Sawyer
  6. Johnny/Davey Rich
  7. "Surfer" Ray Odyssey/Todd Morton
  8. Adrian Adonis/Eric Embry
  9. The Bullet/Doug Furnas
  10. The Carribean Connection (SD/Tyree)
  11. The Fabulous Blondes (Chic/Rip)
  12. Billy Joe Travis/Mighty Goliath

**WINNERS**

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis/"Flamboyant" Eric Embry last eliminating Tracy Smothers of the Southern Boys

WINNER GETS THE "GARDEN"

"The Great" Al Madril w/Killer Khan pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda due to interference from Khan

HARLEM STREETFIGHT

Bad News Allen w/Slick pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after slamming over the head with a steel chair

Continental Tag Team Championship

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Slick when JYD pinned Fuller with a 'THUMP' powerslam to win the CCW Tag Team Championship

Continental Heavyweight Championship

"I QUIT" MATCH

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Slick defeated "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol when the referee stopped match due to Idol being unable to respond while in the figure four leglock from Landel after Slick distracted the referee allowing Bad News Allen to come in and hit Idol with a brutal chair shot to the head like the one he gave Cooley earlier

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SKYWALKERS SCAFFOLD MATCH

The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) defeated Starr Power (Lance/Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel when both Lance and Mark Starr were forced off the scaffold while hanging below it sending them crashing to the mat to roar of the crowd

INTERMISSION

As the fans return from intermission, Les Thatcher is joined in the ring by Ron Fuller.  Les announces that Ron has purchased the promotion and that tonight's event will be the final Continental Wrestling event held under that banner.  Ron Fuller then announces that when action resumes in January, the promotion will be known as USA Championship Wrestling and that he and the Brisco Brothers will have an announcement about some exciting things coming in 1987 involving USA Wrestling and their Florida promotion.

MAIN EVENT

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

LOSER LEAVES TOWN

CHAIN MATCH

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated Bruiser Brody w/Chicky Starr after a brutal bloody match that saw Brody nearly win a few different times before Dusty finally managed take advantage of a miscue from Chicky Starr that saw Chicky accidently throw a fireball in the face of Brody….which allowed Dusty to wrap the chain around Brody's neck and drag him to all four corners of the ring to win the match and the Southeastern Championship!!  Afterwards, Brody rolls out of the ring and abruptly leaves. Chicky jumps Dusty from behind…..but Dusty manages to turn the table on him with a couple of "bionic elbow" shots to the head….Dusty drags him over to the ring post and rams him crotch first into it….TWICE!!    Dusty grabs the microphone and exclaims, "Merry Chrimmas to all….and to all good night…baby!"

Awesome event!

Like how you always use so much of your roster in these big shows.  Tag Team Battle Royal was a nice idea.  Add in all the other stipulations and this was a really creative card!

It seems like Bad News Allen and Slick are set up for a big 1987.  Big win... interference in another.  These are a dangerous duo.  Add Buddy and they could rule USA Wrestling

Great job having Dusty end the show.  He is another one I expect a huge year from.

Can't wait for USA Wrestling to get under way.

I got a feeling Scorpio will be fine without his mask.

Armstrong gets back the title he never lost.

Embry & Adonis have gelled quickly as a team and earn themselves a title shot. 

Madril gets exclusive rights to the "Garden". I enjoyed the "Exotic Garden" while it lasted.

Cooley really should've picked a different stip.

JYD & Olympia capture the tag titles in what must've been a brutal cage match.

Idol loses an I Quit match without actually quitting. I'm sensing a rematch.

The New Breed emerge victorious in the Skywalkers match.

I was wondering if I'd missed a trade when I saw the Caribbean Connection in the battle royal but Fuller revealing the Briscos will be involved with USA Championship Wrestling it makes much more sense.

Chicky screws the pooch leading to Rhodes becoming the new Southeastern Heavyweight Championship. Brody leaves his now former manager to a well earned asswhooping.

Can't wait to see what 1987 has in store for USA Championship Wrestling!

Scorpio loses the mask, and maybe needs to get a little meaner, or a little colder to start winning around here.

Scott Armstrong wins back the Jr Title and I get the feeling that Mr. Prichard's time here may be short!

Adonis and Embry as a tag team is a pairing I can get behind! Why, are those Florida teams I see?

Glad to see that The Fiesta Garden is safe and sound where it belongs!

Bad News takes out Cooley the old fashioned way!

JYD/Olympia win the tag titles, and a feud with Adonis and Embry could be amazing!

Landel gets the submission on Idol after Bad News helps Idol realize that being awake in the Figure Four is a bad idea.

New Breed wins the skywalkers match, and even in text form these still seem like a bad idea!

USA Wrestling is coming! and they are working with Florida!! WHO KNEW!!

Chicky screws the pooch in the main event, and The Dream sends Brody packing! Then gives Chicky one for good measure!!

The fans go home happy for Christmas, and I say... Great Show!

Looking forward to USA Wrestling, and seeing what kind of mayhem we can create!

Exciting match to kick things off. Cobra's mask remains but Scorpio loses his. I'm sure Scorpio will rebound well. 

Prichard comes back from Japan and abruptly loses the Jr. title to Scott Armstrong. I wonder how this will sit with Sherri? 

Adonis and Embry win the battle royal and get a shot at the gold. These two together will be very entertaining. What a pair. 

Thanks to Khannie, Madril gets his Garden back. I enjoyed the Exotic Garden but man, the Fiesta Garden is must see TV LOL. 

I can't imagine Bad News losing a Harlem Street Fight. I'm sure Cooley gave him a fight but, in the end, he gets some bad news courtesy of a chair. 

The JYD/Olympia story was so well done. After everything that went down, it all paid off tonight. Beating the Stud Stable in the cage for the titles! Doesn't get better than that. 

Cooley wasn't the only one who got some bad news. Landel retains thanks to Allen. I'm sure Allen is going to have a pissed off Idol coming after him. 

New Breed send the Starr's flying right off the scaffold! The future looks very bright for the New Breed. 

WOW! Fuller buys Continental and rebrands it USA Championship Wrestling! Can't wait to see this working relationship with Florida. I knew something big was going on when Fuller and Brisco were at ringside earlier. 

Christmas Clash couldn't have ended on a better note. The American Dream finishes his war with Brody and even gets to embarrass Chicky. Dusty wishing the fans a Merry Chrimmas was icing on the cake. 

Continental went out with a bang! Bring on 1987 and USA Championship Wrestling!