Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/30 - 09/05 Paralympic Games rock

KawadaSmile

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE announced their latest Performance Center class, and it looks like in addition to the usual WWE requirements you can add "related to someone" as a key thing they are looking for since their class includes:

Gable Steveson's brother which seems like a clear "please sign with us" move

Bull Buchanan's son

The Usos' little brother

NBA legend Darryl Dawkins' nephew who was a student of D'Von Dudley

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Nia vs Charlotte rocked in a way that is becoming more and more rare (thankfully tbh). They were THIS close to just punching each other in the fucking face at one point, but I feel they had disdain for each other from the moment the bell rang.

Yeah either they worked the piss out of me or they were about to start legit throwing bombs at each other like Frye/Takiyama. Not to mention it looked like Nia just blanked on the next series of spots to the point Charlotte seemed to have a seemingly real "wtf?" face. 

I think Nia was just focusing on not going for a shoot, tbh.

Charlotte was no selling shit early on, they began potato'ing each other, Nia had a fucking NASTY slam... I guess that slap Charlotte gave her pissed her off.

Just a wonderful catastrophe and a shitstorm of unprofessionalism.

there ain't no waaaaaaaaaaaay 

46 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Wasn't Charlotte supposed to be feuding with Bliss? They switched to Nia for some reason?

Perhaps that Charlotte pulled a "That doesn't work for me, brother" to Vince on this one. And based on what we saw against Nia tonight, she might regret it a bit if that's the case.

But that show screamed "massive rewrite by Vince hours before the show." Virtually nothing that was advertised happened in the end.

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

But that show screamed "massive rewrite by Vince hours before the show." Virtually nothing that was advertised happened in the end.

Which is a shame, since I was looking forward to what they promoted last week. But hey, at least we got RKBro vs HB and that INSANE US Title Triple Threat.

It's a weird mess, but I guess they won't do it again next week as they didn't promote a single fucking thing

after those clips now I want to see Nia and Charlotte in Josh Barnett's Bloodsport!

reading the results I like how they mixed different people together, putting Lashley in the mix with Orton/Riddle and AJ/Omos, as well as with Priest, and putting Priest in with McIntyre/Sheamus.  Looks like they just threw all the top guys in a hat and shook it up, but they could go in some interesting directions

typical Vince throwing shit at the wall again is hilarious though.  At least in this case they didn't have a clear direction for Lashley anyway coming out of SummerSlam.  Him and Oldberg in Saudi seems obvious at least

I really hope Charlotte put the kibosh on working with Lilly.  wonder how long that contract is.....

Just WTF on Morrison

Seems like I could see three possible reasons here:

1. The company realized how stupid the segment with Alexa and Charlotte looked and hit eject. That would require self awareness WWE has not normally shown, so this seems the least likely.

2. It got caught in the tornado of Vince tossing the script in the air, which is certainly a strong possibility. Normally protected acts are spared much of the wrath tho.

3. Charlotte realized how stupid the segment with Alexa looked and pulled the "that doesn't work for me, brother" card when the company is desperately trying to keep her from joining the rest of her family in AEW. 

Andrade publicly stating he wants her to come with him was the best thing for her career. She doesn't even have to do anything to make them jump at her command. They KNOW she has options and doesn't have do put up with shit.

Dave said on WOR that Nia/Charlotte was an attempt at a worked shoot, but that sounds like some bullshit his WWE sources fed him like when they told him that Kairi getting her head split open when Nia threw her into the stairs was Kairi's fault. Regardless, I hope they wrestle each other every week. Matches that completely fall apart as two sloppy reckless workers with entitlement issues get fed up with each other is the closest thing to an entertaining product this company can provide.