Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Saturday Night Dynamite - October 23, 2021

MoS

10 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Well, that was a decision.....

This dipshit proceeded to hold up a "Let's Go Brandon" sign several times, then got a sign about Jungle Boy confiscated before he even held it up, and then finally got kicked out when he held up a "Sammy, creampie me" sign.

I can't fathom why the hell would you pay all that money to sit 2nd row, just to be a complete jackass and get yourself thrown out. People are so fucking stupid.

I am listening to people defend him by saying "Stop hating fans having fun!!" and like, if he had one funny/corny sign, that would be one thing, but when you are directly in front of the hard cam, and you have ten deliberately distracting signs designed just to put yourself over, then you are basically being an attention-seeking twat, and don't blame the company for not wanting you to be the star of the show. Remember those assholes who would turn up with Benoit signs for a few years after the tragedy and then would whine about not being allowed in?

2 hours ago, MoS said:

I am listening to people defend him by saying "Stop hating fans having fun!!" and like, if he had one funny/corny sign, that would be one thing, but when you are directly in front of the hard cam, and you have ten deliberately distracting signs designed just to put yourself over, then you are basically being an attention-seeking twat, and don't blame the company for not wanting you to be the star of the show. Remember those assholes who would turn up with Benoit signs for a few years after the tragedy and then would whine about not being allowed in?

Exactly. Those guys weren't there to have fun. They were there to try and "get over" and be disruptive on camera as much as possible. I see these same kind of obnoxious douchebags at indy shows ALL the time, and honestly they make me not want to go anymore. As you said, bringing one funny sign, or yelling one funny comment would be one thing. But when you keep on it and do it the whole f'n show.... throw them the hell out. No one paid money to see these jackasses.

Dustin is so fucking good man, that match was dope.

Can't wait to see who Rusev destroys in the coming weeks.

Didn't like Mox's promo. He basically doesn't care about the tournament when the brackets were already weak as hell. I don't think this was the time and place for the "my family is the only thing that matters to me so fuck everyone that gets in the ring with me".

It worked for me because it was Mox doing it. Anyone else and I'd agree with you 100% but he's the guy who just wants to provide for his family and this is how he does it.  It was kind of weird when he dropped the "I don't care about the title" line since AEW is so protective of their titles. so that was a bit of a "wait, what?" moment. 

54 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It worked for me because it was Mox doing it. Anyone else and I'd agree with you 100% but he's the guy who just wants to provide for his family and this is how he does it.  It was kind of weird when he dropped the "I don't care about the title" line since AEW is so protective of their titles. so that was a bit of a "wait, what?" moment. 

It fits the Yuta match too. He came in, crushed the guy, got out. Went home to his family. There was no wanting to prove himself against the new generation like Punk or wanting to push himself and his opponent to their limits like Danielson. He did his job, got his paycheck, and went home. No bullshit, no mercy, just business.

So what happens then when this specific version of Mox faces off against Orange Cassidy in round 2?

22 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It fits the Yuta match too. He came in, crushed the guy, got out. Went home to his family. There was no wanting to prove himself against the new generation like Punk or wanting to push himself and his opponent to their limits like Danielson. He did his job, got his paycheck, and went home. No bullshit, no mercy, just business.

So what happens then when this specific version of Mox faces off against Orange Cassidy in round 2?

A 5-min absolute brutal squash cuz he pissed off Mox by trying to waste his time?

This reminds me that Mox and Cassidy have had an interaction and it was actually pretty funny 

I would probably not want to go back and watch those 2019 Dynamites though. It feels like a different show compared to now. One or two great matches  or promos every episode, but mostly, a promotion trying to find its voice run by rookies literally learning on the job for the first time

On 10/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, sek69 said:

I know how everyone here just loves themselves some Good Brothers, but it looks like the AEW/Impact agreement is up after Bound For Glory. 

It feels like once the Guevara dust up happened, it's mostly just been Kenny and the Good Brothers going back and forth, and then Christian. So no loss really, and from an Impact perspective at least they're getting the New Japan guys in to spice up the cards.