Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/16 - 05/22 I have jinxed the Phoenix Suns

KawadaSmile

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre was also charismatic AF even if his French accented giant voice meant you could only understand half of what he was saying. He was also a pretty good worker for his size until his back gave out, and Vince Sr was smart enough to keep him as a special attraction that never stayed in one place too long. When you heard the big man was coming to your town it was an event since it wasn't something you saw every week. 

Jesus, Omos is so awkward. Even Braun Strowman was never this limited looking in the ring. At least they didn't let it go too long, and the ending was smartly conceived in a world where Omos was skilled enough to make it look like he threw Lashley really hard into the side of the cage. Lashley wins, Omos has an out for a further confrontation. If only it was a feud worth watching!

Edit: Theory's theme song says "A-Town" first thing, and he's not called Austin anymore. Theory is incredibly talented for his age, like Randy Orton when he was doing the RNN schtick in 2002, shame he's dealing with the modern booking style.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Because his first serious singles programs were against Sami Zayn and Roman Reigns. He was well-served there.

Bobby Lashley is not an inherently worse opponent for a first major singles feud, imo. 

Veer Mahaan looks like a 30 Rock version of a pro wrestler.

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

I like Bobby too, but I do think he's just a step below those other two guys, at least in terms of making the other side looking like a world beater.

The only sense in which I'll agree with this is that Bobby is way more jacked than Zayn or then-Roman were, so there's not as much of a contrast. But I can't remember Braun ever looking as awkward and lost as Omos looked that whole cage match.

Man, I wonder how all the kool-aid drinkers in the locker room who fell in line with the "AEW isn't competition we barely even pay attention to them" when that was they were told for months/years are handling seeing the Cody Counter. 

I mean if your boss told you constantly not to be concerned about the pissant company, and then when one of their guys jumps he gets the Poochie Push.....that's gotta make you question things, right?