Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 06/22 - 06/24 Steph Curry is top 10 of all time

KawadaSmile

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*insert "Always has been" meme here*

Funniest thing of the Warriors winning this title is all the people in the Hot Take Industrial Complex deciding now is the time to anoint the greatest three point shooter of all time as Officially One of the Greatest as if that hadn't already been the case for a while now.

Also to keep to the topic, anyone else get the feeling AEW is doing a speedrun of 90s All Japan having off the charts matches only to leave everyone involved with them a physical wreck in the aftermath?

39 minutes ago, sek69 said:

*insert "Always has been" meme here*

Funniest thing of the Warriors winning this title is all the people in the Hot Take Industrial Complex deciding now is the time to anoint the greatest three point shooter of all time as Officially One of the Greatest as if that hadn't already been the case for a while now.

Also to keep to the topic, anyone else get the feeling AEW is doing a speedrun of 90s All Japan having off the charts matches only to leave everyone involved with them a physical wreck in the aftermath?

It was arguable before, but now it sure as hell ain't.

Yeah, them going so damn hard for so damn long is essentially what broke down Omega. We'll probably never see that guy 100% ever again, which sucks ass.

Meltzer is saying Forbidden Door will get FOUR new matches tonight. What the fuck.

I think people put far too much emphasis on championships, Warren Moon is one of the greatest QB's I've ever seen in my lifetime, but because the Houston Oilers as a team were either marginal or butt most of his career he never gets mentioned. A lot of guys who played in eras either before free agency or pre salary cap (which prompted a lot of players to jump to teams more willing/able to pay them more) get boned because they played for bad teams. 

Also I hope this is a lesson learned for TK that AEW isn't built to come right off a PPV and then build for another one within a month. 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Meltzer is saying Forbidden Door will get FOUR new matches tonight. What the fuck.

If that ends up happening, that will make 10 matches on what probably will end up being a four hour show. That's not too bad considering WWE usually has as many matches in their shows but ends up cutting the time for each one down so they can air video packages you already saw on TV a million times.

That promo should've been made by Regal and they should've made the announcement of who is the replacement. As it stands, I think Danielson's segment hurts more than helps. As a fan that wanted to see him wrestle both shows I ain't paying to see this mystery hand picked wrestler (even if it's Gresham, Claudio or Thatcher) and I'm left just as puzzled as to what he has. Considering he spoke about his brain functioning I still think it was a concussion but we still have no fucking clue when he might be back.

All in all, that was a bummer to start with that could've been saved with an actual replacement that could've interacted with ZSJ instead of that useless faceoff from the ramp with a guy he's gonna wrestle with who knows when.

13 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

Because he makes the whole thing look indie and low-rent, and even if that weren't true, he's a one-note joke that's been doing the same schtick for literal years now.

Except for the part where he is super over and sells a ton of merchandise. So you can take those talking points back to the Cult.

It's just weird to see "this show doesn't have enough stars" to "no not that star, I don't want him on this show".

Like I get it, injuries/CMLL being dicks/life got in the way of the  super mega card we were hoping for.  That's even more reason for them to have anyone who's super over on the card.