Pro Wrestling Only

Dangerous Breed - The Teddy Hart Show

DMJ

Hey y'all, surprised this hasn't been discussed yet. 

There's a show on Peacock called Dangerous Breed that is all about Teddy Hart and his connection with a missing young woman named Samantha Fiddle. 

The story is way more interesting than the show, which I would say is basic cable-level true crime, sub-Dateline stuff. The documentary filmmaker who was filming Teddy over the past 10 years and is basically narrating the story is a bit annoying and needlessly inserts himself into the story (when I think a more straightforward Dateline-esque style would be better) and it does seem like this is one of those shows (like the new Pepsi documentary on Netflix) that could've been wrapped up in 90 minutes rather than 2.5+ hours or whatever.

On the plus side, if you can handle watching a legit scumbag monster, Teddy Hart is one of the most insane characters in wrestling. He *was* one of my favorite podcast guests just because you never knew what this guy was going to say and he doesn't disappoint in terms of delivering ridiculous soundbites on this show. Of course, learning that he's a rapist and serial abuser means I won't be seeking out his appearances like I did when I just thought he was a drugged-out lunatic who only harmed himself. 

What might be even crazier than the story is that, towards the end of the second episode I noticed that it seems like the WWE is getting some sort of production credit. Like, woah. This being on Peacock means the WWE was going to be, at the very least, made aware of the doc, but its odd to see their logo anywhere near this show. I mean, its like seeing an NFL logo if someone made a documentary about OJ Simpson's murder trial. Like, sure, the WWE could/should let a Peacock-produced documentary use whatever limited footage of Teddy Hart they have in their vault from 20 years ago, but his connection to the company is so peripheral at this point that I don't know why they'd want their logo flashed on the screen for even a split second.

Anyway, I'm curious about what everyone else thinks/knows about this story. 

17 hours ago, Al said:

I haven’t watched. Is there anything to actually tie Teddy to Samantha Fiddler’s disappearance? I’m on board with Teddy’s reputation as a general scumbag, but I’ve never seen anything to it besides general circumstance.

In some ways, the show clarifies things pretty well - he's responsible for the situation she's in (he brings her to Florida, sets her up with Rance, takes her passport and vehicle and leaves), but her disappearance happens like six months after and there's basically nothing tying him directly to it (the documentary filmmaker helpfully checks Cagematch to confirm he wasn't in Florida the day she's last seen). There is strong evidence in the documentary that Teddy is a scumbag who's harmed women but very little suggesting he's an actual murderer.

• 2 weeks later...