Pro Wrestling Only

Florida Championship Wrestling

J.P.

The camera pans out and we see Bob Roop and Buddy Colt sitting behind a desk.

Roop- Good morning folks. I am Bob Roop and I have my partner Buddy Colt with me to introduce the reopening of Florida Championship Wrestling. 

Colt- Bob, this is a great day for Florida. Both of us have been involved throughout our careers and I am happy to be here with you today.

Roop- Buddy, I know the wrestling from Florida will be different without the legendary Eddie Graham, but I do want to introduce and thank the new owner of Florida Championship Wrestling, Angelo Poffo!

(Out walks Poffo and takes a seat next to Colt and Roop)

Colt and Roop- Welcome Angelo to sunny Florida!

Poffo- Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to be here. Florida is a hot bed for wrestling and when I decided to get back in the business I couldn't think of any other place to start back up.

Roop- Angelo, what are we looking at for the new startup?

Poffo- Well, we will be running all television tapings from the Sportatorium in Tampa. I just  purchased the Sportatorium and finalized the paperwork. FCW might be starting back up but we wanted to have something classic at the beginning. We will also be on WESH-channel 2 in Orlando on Saturday nights.

Colt- Me and Bob sure know what it is like wrestling in the Sportatorium and I know I am happy to continue an old tradition. Guys, we have some mix of talent here. We have some young guys and we have some seasoned vets. 

Roop- Buddy, you are correct and we have a familiar face on tape right now. Let's go to the screen.

(The camera opens up and we have Sir Oliver Humperdink is standing on the beach and a bonfire is burning)

VuJeAC08dbTjAF0Z30ew60RXLiaI_rK6JYm0AePuOaEPuB0IfHAxSNoc_5f4rxuPz_59UKsI4GS3KMrYcAdTDHvvSUfuwXD_wsPEC3W5QO-CdCXIlbnPMrV35EtsScP0iLfxMo-rdoS9IVQb65BqFDsZi2jDelzKuYfEau4y97hzoiFBsoPaVaYwGjxVsAI stand here and glare into these burning flames. Florida wrestling is back and as soon as I heard I knew where I needed to be! Now I didn’t come alone. I knew that I wanted to be the big Dink in charge so I called a friend, a real good friend.

(A shadow appears from behind the bonfire. The figure stands in front of the fire and it’s Kevin Sullivan)

DwtpHEEKI3c_ECO0SlE8RDZBZj6uFIeHFisB9iUT1QMB78huydsSvzhipCPYBM5EHsPzs3ny0FDArExvPEEMeATvD1ZUYTqgCurz2VDmk2lHORBUPS8MYBo5Q4xPjfyP4HxOTBw0bYbFYp5Q2s6xKpUDloJK7cdd0MBsMmGE7Y1tyfTitPZxqVC0uhmozA I received the phone call from Humperdink and the first thing I did was talk to the Master. He told me to to to go to the tree of woe and  follow the direction of Mr. Humperdink. He will lead us to the top of the wrestling world, He will lead us into this new world. He will lead evil in the battle against good. When we come out on top the Master will reward us and the minions like Mike Graham and Wendell Cooley will be afterthoughts in the darkness.

(Camera fades to black)

Roop- What an intro from those two. Angelo, What is your opinion on Kevin Sullivan?

Poffo- Well Bob, This is nothing new and both you and I know Kevin. If I remember correctly you have both fought with and against him. You know him better than I and I know that he is one of the smartest minds in this game. I expect nothing but great things from everyone here on our roster. I know our time is almost up so let me get this in before I go. I have to say that we will be in full force after the new year. I will be watching carefully as we prepare to crown our future champions, Florida Heavyweight Championship, The Florida TV Title, and the Florida Tag Team Titles. Good luck to everyone on the roster.

Colt- Angelo, thank you for being here and thank you for bringing back Florida Championship Wrestling.

Poffo- Thank you Buddy! I look forward to speaking to both of you again.

Colt- Well folks, it is time to go. We will be back with some more updates soon. 

Roop- Thanks everyone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited by your choice of Angelo Poffo as the authority figure, I've never seen his territory but I hear it could get wild.

I'm also relatively unfamiliar with the Florida territory but even I know that Humperdinck & Sullivan were THE top heel pairing for the area. Looking forward to seeing what they get up to this time.

Welcome! 

Roop and Colt bring immediate credibility to Florida. They'll make a great commentating team. Throw in Poffo as President and Florida's already buzzing. 

Smart move bringing in Humperdink and Sullivan. They're already over and this gives the fans a lot to talk about. 

Can't wait to see the contenders for the titles. 

(The camera pans out and we see Bob Roop and Buddy Colt sitting at a conference table.)

Roop- Good afternoon everyone! I’m Bob Roop and here with me is Buddy Colt. As FCW is gearing up to a new beginning We will keep having these mini introductions to our wrestlers.

Colt- Bob, we have Wendell Cooley and Mike Graham making an appearance today. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say after Kevin Sullivan and Sir Oliver Humperdink said a few days ago.

Roop- Let’s take a look at what they said.

(naBuZYcwnx-qz1dZBS110S2RUdWAuyPZixG1zVsz24cooSk610M3wYmWQo0X7S6wY6fFIHvGvkDH7Q9JwhbbacF0QvK5ip_rIqA6NMwWGQ5ZSKQn-46lBpNwm0rao-xxFtqVWiMXYDAEdjQOtmslF9cgEsQpEX2SPpJxAD0rpENndnRFTGTgfdqAf9yUigI stand here and glare into these burning flames. Florida wrestling is back and as soon as I heard I knew where I needed to be! Now I didn’t come alone. I knew that I wanted to be the big Dink in charge so I called a friend, a real good friend.

(A shadow appears from behind the bonfire. The figure stands in front of the fire and it’s Kevin Sullivan)

h__6yFxHbPR7HMFQgTcaiMSjNOa5iRLvkc3yqw_Ga_71FWMbLH44lKfqZn6wI-e4kqPO97GAaAeIv8wjujku3NgJ9sFeOq1cx1gA3ylM4fL5YnveIVs8YU3LdrXFojrEcHyqIm5uQkFTgfdNvjRb_G0miumDTbrhLYeub1Mv_VeFTaE1IeHcZ5cti3o6Tg I received the phone call from Humperdink and the first thing I did was talk to the Master. He told me to to to go to the tree of woe and  follow the direction of Mr. Humperdink. He will lead us to the top of the wrestling world, He will lead us into this new world. He will lead evil in the battle against good. When we come out on top the Master will reward us and the minions like Mike Graham and Wendell Cooley will be afterthoughts in the darkness.)

Colt- Those were some very harsh words.

Roop- I know those 2 more than most. I guarantee they are going to try and back them up.

Colt- I know they will try. Now let us welcome Wendell Cooley to the show.

(Cooley walks in and sits down at the conference table)

Roop- Welcome Wendell to our show.

Cooley- Thank you Bob. How are you doing Buddy?

Colt- I am doing well. Wendell, let’s start off by asking your thoughts on Kevin Sullivan?

Cooley- Well, Me and Kevin have some history. This guy is a maniac. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants. 

Roop- Wendell, Sullivan brought up you and Mike Graham. Have you had any time to discuss Sullivan?

Cooley- No we haven’t. I just saw Mike for a few seconds in the back but couldn’t get any time to discuss anything. Knowing Mike for years I am assuming we will do all we can to stop Sullivan and his army. We didn’t see anyone else but we all know he is never alone.

Colt- Well let’s introduce Mike Graham to the table.

(Graham walks in and sits down at the conference table)

Graham- Gentlemen, thank you for inviting me. I’m sorry to be blunt but I was watching last week and I have had to deal with those two clowns throughout my wrestling career. I am so sick of Kevin Sullivan.

(The lights flicker off and on. In between flickers Mike Graham is attacked from behind. When the lights stay on we see The Missing Link Headbutting Graham over and over. Cooley grabs Link and smashes his head against the table. The table cracks but it didn’t even stun The Missing Link. Link turns and walks towards Cooley. Cooley is ready for a fight but some of the talent comes out and pushes The Link out of the room. Roop, Cooley, and Colt check on a groggy Graham.)

Graham- I know Sullivan is behind this. As soon as I get a chance, Sullivan, you’ll pay!

Roop- We don’t know where the missing Link came from. We don’t know if he is working for Kevin Sullivan, but We are out of time.

Colt- For me and my partner, we will see you next time!

(The camera pans out and we see Bob Roop and Buddy Colt sitting at a conference table.)

Roop- Good afternoon everyone! Buddy and I are back with what we are now calling Table Talk.

Colt- We just got word that we will continue Table Talk along with our television contract. We have a couple superstars from foreign lads today.

Roop- Yes we do. From Puerto Rico we have TNT and from Canada we have Leo Burke.

Colt- Burke is a veteran in the business and while not a rookie TNT is still young. TNT has had some success in Puerto Rico already.

Roop- You are correct Buddy. He has already captured some gold in his short career.

Colt- On the other hand Leo Burke has wrestled all over the world. He has had a collection of titles and wrestled the biggest stars in the world.

Roop- Buddy lets bring out TNT.

(TNT walks in and sits down at the conference table)

Colt- Welcome to Table Talk!

TNT- Thank you Mr. Colt and Mr. Roop. It’s my pleasure.

Roop- I know you are just starting off your career and I have to say, you have impressed me so far.

TNT- Thank you Mr. Roop. I try my best and so far I have had success. In my home country they take wrestling very seriously. You have to be ready for anything.

Colt- I have been to Puerto Rico and there are not many places that take wrestling as seriously as your homeland. I was over there earlier in the year and watched a few of your matches. Your martial arts mixed with your wrestling is an advantage for you. What are your plans for FCW?

TNT- Well I am here to prove that I am for real. I might be young but Puerto Rico has the best wrestlers in the world! I will show everyone that it is fact.

(Without an intro Leo Burke walks in and sits down at the conference table)

Roop- Welcome to our show Leo. I was going to introduce you soon.

Burke- I couldn’t sit back any longer and listen to this boy talk about how his country has the best wrestlers. Have you been to Canada, boy? Puerto Rico can’t even tie my boots!

TNT- Mr. Burke, you should not disrespect my country! Why do you think the greats have come to Puerto Rico? To wrestle the best in the world!

(You can hear at the end that TNT is getting frustrated) 

Burke- Well boy…

TNT- Quit calling me boy! You need to respect me!

Burke- Respect this!

(Burke slaps the spit put of TNT)

Roop- Stop this! Security, get out here now! 

(Security comes out and holds TNT back. Leo Burke is walking backwards with a smile on his face.)

TNT- You will pay for this! You will hurt! You will go down!

Burke- (smiling) You better be able to back up your words, boy! 

Colt- Sorry folks as it got out of hand again. We will see you next time on Table Talk.

He is not an all time favorite but The Missing Link can fit anywhere IMO. He did it in UWF, World Class, and Florida. I like his versatility. 

I like the table talk format. 

Things get heated quick as Missing Link attacks Graham. Great way to get a feud going. Graham's name goes a long way in Florida, and like you said, Link is a very reliable hand. 

More heat as Burke goes right into antagonizing TNT. A slap always spells money. After watching Burke being a long time a babyface leader in PCW, it'll be interesting watching him heel it up in Florida. 

You've done an outstanding job setting the tone. 

Really liking this table talk skits, you're doing a good job setting up your big programs so you can hit the ground running once you start running your TV show.

I agree with Spaldoni, after being a face for years in PCW, I'm curious to see what he can do as a heel. Arrogant vet vs promising youngster is a classic matchup.

Roop- Table Talk is back and today we have two big guys with us today. 

Colt- Yes, Big Steel Man and John Tenta. These huge men were signed as a tag team. 

Roop- Tenta is a former sumo wrestler and Big Steel Man was trained by the great Boris Malenko. 

Colt- Let’s welcome John Tenta and Big Steel Man to our show.

(Both men walk in and sit down at the conference table)

Tenta- We actually have one more person sitting in on this interview.

(Roop and Colt are looking at their notes)

BSM- Quit looking at your notes. This is unexpected for you morons.

(Out from the back we see Dr D David Shultz. Shultz throws one of the tv crew out of the way and takes his chair over to the table.)

Shultz- Yeah it's me! I've been blackballed all over the world. I can’t get a wrestlers license anymore, but I was able to get a manager's license. 

Roop- David, I am in total shock to see you here. 

Colt- I thought you wanted out of the business because of the slap heard around the world?

Shultz- Listen here or I will connect on another slap around the world. I left because I couldn’t get paid for whipping someones butt. I did some research and found out that I can be a manager, so when I heard FCW was opening I called these two men. I know I can lead these guys to whatever titles they want. Now let me introduce The Natural Disasters! Avalanche (Big Steel Man) and Tsunami (Tenta). 

Roop- David, I am excited for your return. I’m just shocked!

Shultz- Bob, you and everyone else can kiss my butt. Nobody and I mean nobody offered their support for me unless there was a camera on them. I am here to cause havoc and pain. These big fellas will help me accomplish this. 

Colt- What can we expect from these Natural Disasters?

Shultz- Destruction! Come on, gramps, what does a natural disaster do?

(Shultz and the National Disasters stand up and walk out of the studio)

Colt- I guess our time is up, Bob.

Roop- I guess you are right. Folks, David Shults is bad mama jama and I expect trouble will be brewing here in Florida.

Colt- We will see you next time on Table Talk.

Roop- Welcome everyone to a new Table talk.

Colt- Bob we have a new tag team that just signed with us and they will be here tonight.

Roop- We also will have Mr. Poffo with a special announcement.

Colt- I can’t wait to hear what he has to say.

Roop- Well we won't have to wait long. 

(Poffo comes out from the back and sits down)

Poffo- Gentlemen, I am happy to be here today. I have an exciting announcement for the new year.

Colt- Please share this exciting news!

Poffo- We will be debuting All American Wrestling next month, January 7th, and we have our first match signed. Leo Burke will be taking on Savio Vega!

Roop- What a signing! After their blow up on our show I am sure there will be some excitement in that ring.

Colt- Bob, I am sure you are correct. Is there anything else Mr. Poffo?

Poffo- No other matches yet but Sir Oliver Hupperdink will be there. 

Roop- What about Kevin Sullivan?

Colt- I know Mike Graham will be looking for him.

Poffo- From my understanding Kevin Sullivan will not be there. He has a prior engagement. I have promised Mike Graham a shot at the Missing Link, but we are still waiting for the Link to sign his contract.

Colt- We will be looking for updates as we move into the new year. 

Roop- While you are here, Mr. Poffo, let's bring out our guests. Welcome to our show, the Nightmares!

(Out from the back comes The Nightmares)

Colt- Good day, gentlemen. 

Nightmare #1- Thank you Buddy!

Poffo- Gentlemen, I brought you two in here to elevate our tag team division. What are you feelings about that?

Nightmare #2- Mr. Poffo, We are grateful for this opportunity, We know that there is some talent here in Florida. Last week we saw the Natural Disasters, We know that Sir Oliver Humperdink will have some combo, and heck, Mike Graham and Wendell Cooley might team up. 

Nightmare #1- We are willing to take on all comers. We are not afraid of competition and our experience and resume say it all.

Poffo- Well I have a team called the Young Stallions looking for an opponent on our inaugural show. Would you be interested?

Nightmare #1- Yes we will! We would be happy to take part in your inaugural show!

Nightmare #2- We said all comers so we will be there.

Roop- That is another match for All American Wrestling on January 7th!

Colt- I’m sorry everyone but we are out of time. What great news for January 7th and Thank you for Mr. Poffo and The Nightmares for joining us today!

Roop- Welcome everyone! Sorry for the gap but the Holiday TV schedule has not given us much freedom. 

Colt- Folks, I will say that we have a full update on our January 7th show. Mr. Poffo will be here real soon with the announcement.

Roop- Buddy, I can’t wait to see how this plays out. We just have one problem.

Colt- Whats wrong Bob?

Roop- Well our scheduled guest, Sweet Brown Sugar, is not here and will not be. 

Colt- This is news to me.

Roop- I just found out just before we went on the air.

Colt- Well, we might find out as here comes Mr. Poffo.

(Poffo comes out from the back and sits down)

Roop- Good evening Mr. Poffo

Poffo- Thank you, Bob. We have some news to share tonight and some will have an impact and surprise a lot of people.

Colt- Mr. Poffo, there are a few rumors out there that me and Bob have been hearing.

Poffo- Let me stop you Buddy. I have a feeling I might answer some if not all in a few moments. First here is the card for our January 7th show.

Natural Disaster w/David Shultz

Vs.

George Wells & Brickhouse Brown

Wendell Cooley

Vs.

Bruiser Bedlam

Young Stallions 

vs. 

The Nightmares

Missing Link 

Vs.

Mike Graham

Main Event

TNT

Vs. 

Leo Burke

Roop- George Wells? 

Poffo- Yes, he was just released from AWA and we signed him just a few moments ago.

Colt- Well that is one name that we didn’t hear about.

Poffo- Well I have a couple names here that i'm sure you were thinking of.

Starting on January 1st we will have the services of both Ron Simmons and Stan Hansen.

Colt- What great news! I have a few mo…

Poffo- Hold on, Buddy. I have some more information for everyone. Please let me introduce our next guest, Sir Oliver Humperdink.

(Humperdink walks in and has a look on his face like why he is out here)

Poffo- Mr. Humperdink, please have a seat.

(Roop and Colt look at each other wondering what is going on)

Humperdink- Why am I out here?!

Poffo- I have decided to restructure your contract. You did say you wanted to be the Big Dink of Florida, right?

Humperdink- Well, of course I do!

Well please look at the video I’m going to play.

(Video rolls and There is Humperdink in the office on the phone. He is talking to someone about fees)

Poffo- I received a call from a few of our venues and was told that they needed to add on a promoters fee and that you will be collecting it when we have events there.

Humperdink- Mr. Poffo, I..I..I..

Poffo- Enough!!! I don’t want to hear any words! You are fired! 

Humperdink- You can’t do that! I’m the big Dink! I rule Florida!

Poffo- I can and just did. Get your butt out of here before I throw you out of here. 

Humperdink- Sullivan will not let this happen!

Poffo- Let him try. I guarantee he will fail.

(Roop and Colt are just staring while listening to all of this)

Poffo- Security, please remove this piece of crap from the studio.

(Humperdink protests but security grabs him and walks him out the door)

Poffo- Well I can see you two are speechless. I have decided for my last surprise we will wait until January 7th.

(Camera fades as Poffo walks away leaving blank stares on the faces of Roop and Colt)

Looks like the Big Dink got a little too big for his britches. Don't mess with Mr Poffo. Though I'm sure Sullivan is going to have something to say about this.

Simmons & Hansen are two names that'll do wonders putting eyes on the new product.

January 7th has a packed card with Mr Poffo promising a big surprise.