Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/20 - 03/26 Adrenaline in my soul, no more Bray Wyatt at the show

KawadaSmile

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A heel everyone wants to see get their ass kicked is always great, and Dom is no exception. 

I feel like everyone kind of forgot (since it was during the pandemic which everyone is trying to memory hole)  how Dom was pretty good from his first match, it was just a matter if he would grasp the outside-of-the-ring stuff.  It's been amazing how the whole Judgement Day gimmick ended up being the thing that got both Dom and Rhea over that last hump to "getting it".

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I've noticed in all my years watching pro wrestling, learning promos seems to be the hardest thing for people to grasp when learning how to be a wrestler (outside of those who were natural born talkers). 

WWE handing people canned scripts written by writers certainly doesn’t help.

It's probably not a coincidence that the promo ability of people from NXT noticeably fell off a cliff when Dusty wasn't there anymore.  It's crazy they don't just make part of training at the PC having them study promos from all the footage they own. Or give one of the legends they work with stop by and give a class or two. You'd know Foley would be down, he'd do anything for a gig. 

Come to think of it, it's actually amazing anyone in NXT can do a promo at all considering the main people in charge now are Hunter, King of the Boring Ass 20 Minute Promo and Shawn "was really great at a lot of things but talking wasn't one of them" Michaels. 

We just got home from the WWE Road to WrestleMania show in Denver tonight. It was fantastic. The Ball Arena was nearly sold out and we were hot as hell all night. My nephew and his two pals who I bring to shows had the best time they've had at a show yet.  And they gave us a different card from the rest of the tour. The place was electric. This was a bigger crowd than the RAW we went to there last year. Colorado is HOT for wrestling.