Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/15-5/21 It was a good week to be a Riverhounds fan

sek69

Beat a MLS team in the US Open Cup on Tuesday and beat our rival Birmingham on Saturday. Probably gonna get smoked by Columbus n the next round of the Cup,  but any time a USL team beats a MLS team it's a notable event. 

What do you think SummerSlam will look like? Indeed, there is another path where Imperium take out Ali next week and Riddle is his replacement in the six-man/IC match. Riddle/KO/Sami are a likable slacker face trio against the fascist heel Imperium stable. At NoC, Ali gets a moment helping Riddle win because it's time for Gunther to drop the IC by outside interference while not in America. Orton comes back and turns on Riddle for the IC title. Gunther goes on to win the new Raw title at the Summerfest from Rollins, Kaiser and Vinci win the tag titles from KO/Sami. Cody-Brock III, Cena vs Logan Paul, Reigns/Solo vs Usos? Edge's retirement match against Theory? The Judgment Day vs The New Day w/ Bianca Belair?

8 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I am wondering if they will shift momentum to Cody vs Rollins at Summerslam for the new title even though they are both faces now.

It would make sense storyline wise since Seth was the one who put him on the shelf, but business wise it would be stupid to turn one of them when both are pretty hugely over right now. 

7 hours ago, MLB said:

Rollins reportedly is getting time off to shoot Captain America: New World Order, so I am guessing it will be a short reign? 

I'm curious about how much time he's going to actually take off. 

Maybe he's got a major role and will be out for 12+ weeks with additional time off as he is needed for the re-shoots and press tours that usually come with a major studio production. 

Or maybe he's got a small role where he's gonna miss some house shows but still makes it to 3-out-of-4 RAWs every month all summer and competes at every pay-per-view because really we're talking about maybe a total of 5-10 shooting days in Atlanta, a short plane ride from pretty much anywhere. From what I found online, the movie has been filming since early April too so its even possible he's been quietly filming scenes over the past 6 weeks. 

Considering this is Rollins' first major acting gig and the movie studio we're talking about, I'm leaning towards this being a small role and not Marvel giving Seth friggin' Rollins (see what I did there?), a completely unproven film actor, a major, integral villain role in one of their bajillion dollar productions. 

And if I can put my conspiracy theorist hat on for a minute, I think the reason that the news about Rollins possibly taking time off to shoot this movie and there being "hesitancy" about giving him the win over AJ Styles is complete malarkey "planted" and pushed by the WWE so that they can maybe fool some fans into believing that Rollins doesn't have this match in the bag. Its an attempt to add some air of suspense to a match with an outcome that is about as guaranteed as Tuesday following Monday on the calendar.

20 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I don't know if it was supposed to be funny but I laughed out loud during the Tony D'Angelo skirt on NXT. Like, are the purposely trying to put as many mafia movie stereotypes in one sketch as possible? 

With an added pinch of the WWE trope of having people playing cops who are way too believably young to be one.