Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/19 - 06/25 The Bloodline EXPLODES!

KawadaSmile

Knight coming across like a physical threat isn't a problem for me. If this dude ran up on you screaming "LET ME TALK TO YA" at your kid's soccer game, I would advise getting away from him. My issue with Knight more lies with his lack of spots in the ring...what are they exactly? What's his finisher? I've been aware of him for years and I couldn't tell you any of his signature moves at all. 

The other thing is that he's just too derivative of The Rock and Stone Cold, I halfway expect him to break out into "If ya smeeeellllllll...." every time he cuts a promo.

One criticism I totally get is that he even SOUNDS like The Rock at times. It's not a bad thing to mimic given how big of a star he was (and it certainly is working), but I can see that not giving him any points.

He does have his own People's Elbow and his own Stone Cold Stunner variation, so he's essentially an Attitude Era superfan who made it big. He broke out a nerve racking moonsault on his qualifying match IIRC, so I imagine he is going to bust out SOMETHING.

I'm in the "he just sounds too much like Rock and Austin" to fully get into his promos. I wonder if that's how people felt when everyone was doing their own version of Billy Graham.

But to be fair to Knight, the Attitude Era was 25 years ago. That's enough time for someone to come along and do the shtick he does. The fact it doesn't work for me (and others) isn't really a knock on him. I think the problem is us to be honest, lol.

11 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

If you say you don't get LA Knight but think Ricky Starks is a potential breakout superstar, you've got some explaining to do. I saw someone on Reddit refer to Starks as Ricky Maivia and it pretty much ruined him forever for me.

Starks has copied some of Rock's mannerisms for sure but when he speaks he doesn't sound like Rock nor he goes for his cadence so I don't have the same reaction as with Knight. And again, I literally said I'm the problem and not Knight, lol.

2 hours ago, MLB said:

What about Bret and Owen? Dustin and Cody? Mark and Jay Briscoe? It can work.

Were the latter two long-term, money-drawing feuds? My addled brain thinks of those as one-offs.

Hardy vs Hardy was a bust. Thankfully we never saw Valiant vs Valiant. Mulkey vs Mulkey would've drawn - cents, not dollars, but it still would've drawn.

12 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

Were the latter two long-term, money-drawing feuds? My addled brain thinks of those as one-offs.

Ya know, I thought about that. Still, the latter two were recent high profile matches featuring brothers. Dustin and Cody were a major part of AEW getting off the ground. The Briscoes cinematic match got a lot of acclaim. A lot of fans had those matches on their MOTY lists.

Ian and Axl Rotten were kayfabe brothers but another well known sibling rivalry nonetheless.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:51 AM, sek69 said:

Funny how brother vs brother feuds never work in wrestling but Usos vs Solo is money

My kayfabe mind immediately shot to Kane Vs. The Undertaker & I started laughing. "THAT'S... THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!"