Pro Wrestling Only

Cody Rhodes

Grimmas

HowtobeaMark said: 

Has transformed himself into one of the most important wrestlers in the world today. Has shown great character diversity with Legacy, Dashing, Stardust, American Nightmare etc. Has had some of the most emotionally charged matches of recent years and is proving himself to be one of the best on the mic. Think it is time he gets at least evaluated amongst the top names the business has ever produced.

Recommended Matches

Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs The Shield - 6 October 2013

Cody Rhodes vs Dustin Rhodes - 25 May 2019

Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins  - 5 June 2022

Basically everything he's produced since coming back to WWE has been a hit. Even something like him vs Dominik Mysterio was fun an enjoyable just on the strength of his presence (and Dom, despite not being that experienced, is a great heel, so he certainly helped).

His AEW work had ups and downs, with him having to rely on progressively crazier bumps (an inverted superplex to a flaming table? why?), but his match against Dustin is easily his greatest one ever, with the Rollins trilogy following. His match against Darbin was also really good for both men. 

I also really enjoyed his match against Roman, even with the very controversial ending, and the '23 Rumble finishing stretch against GUNTHER is fantastic. 

Not too high on his work on the indies and Impact. He was out there facing just about the hottest names on the circuit and had just merely good matches.

The guy had a lot of potential and basically every single one of his phases in his first WWE run was a hit, except Stardust.

Then he left, and became of the absolute worst wrestlers in the world. His ceiling was, idk, maybe a ***1/2 match with a good opponent like Juice Robinson or something. His AEW run is super hit or miss, more misses than hits to me. Now that he's back in WWE he seems to have found his place once again, although I still don't enjoy his current presentation, ringwork style nor his overall attitude.

So, no chance.

• 5 weeks later...

He's a guy I'd figure has more great promos and moments than great matches. Even when travelling the world and working all the indies and New Japan, he was never a guy touted for in-ring work. I think his peak work lies in AEW, but you also have the lows (Ogogo) and downright baffling period of him never turning heel and having his own stories feel disconnected from the rest of the show.