Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance (August 1996 - ????)

Perfectly Straightedge

NWA POWER PREVIEW

"THE ENFORCER" FINALLY GETS WHAT HE WANTS....OR DOES HE?

In our last NWA Power Preview, we had mentioned that Arn Anderson had only one thing in mind and it was to get a shot at Ric Flair and the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and it was the only match he could accept. Paul E. Dangerously has tried on numerous occasions to reason with The Enforcer but to no avail. It seemed though that Paul E. had finally gotten through to Arn when he left this message on his voicemail:

"You want Richard in the ring this week on NWA Power? Fine, you're gonna get it."

While at first being ecstatic at finally getting his chance, Double A was quickly dejected when he figured out that Paul E. pulled a fast one on him. While indeed he would face Richard this week in the main event of NWA Power, it wasn't Richard Flair but Richard....Martel, as in Rick Martel. With Arn already having agreed on the match taking place, there is nothing he can do and one can only wonder how long can Paul E. delay the inevitable confrontation between the two former best friends.

TAZ VS DR. DEATH SHOWDOWN

Also stemming from last week's chaotic episode of NWA Power, Taz made it abudantly clear that he wasn't intimidated by the reputation of the former Oklahoma Sooner all-star "Dr. Death" Steve Williams; in fact, Taz welcomed the opportunity to prove to Dr. Death who is the toughest man in the NWA, sporting his custom-made FTW World Championship. The two men are definitely looking ahead to a massive clash that could make things interesting in the NWA Power Rankings

ALSO THIS WEEK

"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton vs Little Guido

Lance Storm vs Brian Pillman

Terry Gordy vs Barry Windham

+ more!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The_logo_for_NWA_Power.jpg

NWA POWER

SEPTEMBER 7TH, 1996

WHITE PLAINS, NY

The show opens with the iconic sound of Ric Flair’s theme song playing as the Nature Boy makes his way out to the ring. Flair is sporting a black suit with red trim and his signature blonde hair. Once in the ring, he grabs a microphone and begins to cut a promo, talking about how he's the greatest wrestler of all time and how he's going to take on anyone who thinks otherwise.

Ric Flair: Woooo! You are looking at the greatest wrestler of all time, the Nature Boy Ric Flair! I have been the world champion now 14 times, and I have beaten the best of the best in this business. I have made legends like Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Sting, and Hulk Hogan tap out to my Figure Four Leglock. I have traveled the world in private jets, limousines, and the finest hotels. I have spent more money on one suit than most of you make in a year. And I have wooed more women than you can count. I am a kiss-stealing, wheeling-dealing, limousine-riding, jet-flying son of a gun. And I’m having a hard time keeping these alligators down.

But I’m not here to brag about my past. I’m here to talk about the present and the future. Because there are some people who think they can challenge me for my spot as the greatest of all time. Well, let me tell you something, brother. There is no one in this industry who can lace my boots, let alone beat me in that ring. You want to step up to me? You want to face me in a match? Well, you better be ready to pay the price. Because I will make you bleed, I will make you sweat, and I will make you cry like a baby. And when it’s all said and done, you will know why they call me the Nature Boy.

So bring it on, whoever you are. Wherever you are, I don’t care who you are or what you have done. You are nothing compared to me. You are just another notch on my belt, another victim of my greatness. And when we meet in that ring, you will hear the roar of the crowd, you will feel the intensity of the moment, and you will see me standing over you with my arms raised in victory. And then you will realize that to be the man, you have to beat the man. And there is only one man who can say that he is the man. And that’s me, Ric Flair. Woooo!

1. Bobby Eaton (w/ Paul E. Dangerously) vs. Little Guido (w/The FBI)

The match started with a lock-up, followed by a series of chain wrestling and reversals. Little Guido used his speed and agility to counter Eaton’s power and experience. Guido managed to hit a dropkick, a hurricanrana, and a springboard moonsault for near falls. Eaton fought back with a clothesline, a backbreaker, and a neckbreaker for near falls of his own. The match went back and forth, with both men exchanging chops, punches, kicks, and suplexes.

The match spilled to the outside, where Dangerously tried to interfere with his phone, but was stopped by Spiccoli and Vincent. A brawl ensued between the three men, distracting the referee. Eaton took advantage of the situation and hit Guido with a low blow, followed by an Alabama Jam (a diving leg drop from the top rope) for the pinfall victory

After the match, Dangerously celebrated with Eaton, while Spiccoli and Vincent checked on Guido. The crowd booed Eaton and Dangerously, who taunted them with insults and gestures. The match lasted about 15 minutes and was rated 3 stars by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Winner: "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton

2. Lance Storm vs. Brian Pillman

The match started with Storm and Pillman locking up in the center of the ring. Storm showed his technical skills by taking Pillman down with a series of arm drags and headlocks. Pillman tried to escape, but Storm kept him grounded with his mat wrestling. The crowd cheered for Storm, who seemed to have the upper hand over Pillman. However, Pillman soon showed his cunning by raking Storm’s eyes and kicking him in the groin when the referee was distracted. Pillman then took control of the match by hitting Storm with a series of chops, punches, and kicks. He also taunted Storm by calling him a “Canadian loser” and a “Hart wannabe”. Pillman then tried to finish Storm off with a flying clothesline from the top rope, but Storm ducked and countered with a dropkick that sent Pillman crashing to the outside.

Storm followed Pillman to the outside and continued to attack him with chops and forearms. He then threw Pillman back into the ring and climbed to the top rope himself. He attempted a diving crossbody, but Pillman rolled out of the way and let Storm hit the mat hard. Pillman then quickly covered Storm for a pin attempt, but Storm kicked out at two. Pillman argued with the referee, claiming that he had counted too slow. He then picked up Storm and whipped him into the ropes, but Storm reversed and sent Pillman into the ropes instead. As Pillman bounced back, Storm caught him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker that made Pillman scream in pain. Storm then hooked Pillman’s legs and applied a sharpshooter, a submission hold that he had learned from Bret Hart. The crowd went wild as they saw Storm use Hart’s signature move on Pillman. Pillman tried to reach the ropes, but Storm pulled him back to the center of the ring and cinched in the hold tighter. However, Pillman was able to wiggle enough to turn on his back and kick Storm repeatedly with his boot in the face. Storm staggered towards Pillman and Pillman hit a Brainbuster to secure the victory.

Winner : Brian Pillman

3. Terry Gordy vs. Barry Windham

The bell rang, and the match began, with Terry Gordy and Barry Windham circling each other cautiously.

Barry Windham, known for his technical prowess and immense power, wasted no time in taking control. He quickly tested Gordy's strength with a series of collar-and-elbow tie-ups, showcasing his superior grappling skills and overpowering the rugged veteran. Windham, a second-generation wrestler with a rich legacy, flawlessly executed textbook suplexes and slams, leaving Gordy struggling to regain momentum.

Seeing an opportunity, Windham climbed the turnbuckle and launched himself towards Gordy, attempting his signature flying lariat. But the wily Gordy managed to dodge the attack at the very last moment, sending Windham crashing hard onto the canvas. The tides turned, and Gordy capitalizing on his opponent's momentary vulnerability, unleashed a barrage of relentless strikes and power moves.

Gordy, a tough brawler notorious for his unyielding tenacity, continuously punished Windham with stiff punches, knee drops, and punishing chops. The unpredictable Gordy even introduced a steel chair into the mix, using it as an illegal weapon behind the referee's back. The crowd erupted in boos as Gordy turned more and more vicious, seemingly set on grinding Windham down.

However, Barry Windham, fueled by the championship spirit, refused to give in to the onslaught. Displaying immense resilience and unparalleled ring awareness, Windham summoned his inner strength and launched a counterattack. He managed to avoid Gordy's chair shots and unleashed a series of swift strikes, building his momentum.

Windham's comeback was an awe-inspiring sight to behold as he whipped Gordy into the ropes, executing a picture-perfect powerslam that shook the entire arena. Energized by the crowd's support, Windham followed up with a devastating wind-up punch, delivering a clean knockout blow to a dazed and confused Terry Gordy.

The referee, witnessing Gordy unable to continue, called for the bell, declaring Barry Windham the winner by a knockout at 13 minutes and 23 seconds of an intense battle.

Winner : Barry Windham by referee stoppage

4. Ry Ott & Kent Burke vs. The Harris Brothers

The match begins with Ry Ott and Ron Harris locking up in the center of the ring. Ry Ott tries to push Ron back, but Ron overpowers him and shoves him to the corner. Ron follows up with a series of punches and chops, making Ry Ott scream in pain. Ron whips Ry Ott to the opposite corner and charges at him, but Ry Ott dodges and Ron crashes into the turnbuckles. Ry Ott quickly tags in Kent Burke, who runs in and hits Ron with a dropkick. Kent covers Ron for a pin, but Ron kicks out at one.

Kent tries to keep the pressure on Ron, hitting him with kicks and forearms. He whips Ron to the ropes and goes for a clothesline, but Ron ducks and hits Kent with a big boot. Ron tags in Don Harris, who enters the ring and stomps on Kent. Don picks up Kent and slams him to the mat, then drops an elbow on his chest. Don covers Kent for a pin, but Kent kicks out at two.

Don drags Kent to his corner and tags in Ron again. The Harris Twins double-team Kent, hitting him with a double suplex. Ron covers Kent for another pin, but Kent kicks out again. Ron taunts Ry Ott, who tries to get in the ring, but the referee stops him. Meanwhile, Don chokes Kent on the ropes behind the referee’s back. Ron picks up Kent and whips him to the ropes again, but this time Kent reverses and sends Ron to the ropes instead. Kent ducks under a clothesline from Ron and leaps to tag in Ry Ott.

Ry Ott comes in with a burst of energy, hitting both Harris Twins with punches and kicks. He knocks Don off the apron and focuses on Ron, hitting him with a flying forearm. He climbs to the top rope and goes for a crossbody, but Ron catches him in mid-air and slams him down with a spinebuster. Ron covers Ry Ott for a pin, but Ry Ott barely kicks out at two.

Ron tags in Don again, and they set up Ry Ott for their finishing move, the H-Bomb (a double chokeslam). They lift Ry Ott up by his throat, but Kent runs in and breaks their grip. He hits Don with a DDT, then turns around and hits Ron with a superkick. He helps Ry Ott up and they try to double-team Don, but Don fights them off with punches. He grabs both of them by their heads and slams them together, then throws them out of the ring.

Don follows them outside and continues to attack them, while Ron recovers in the ring. The referee starts counting them out, but Don doesn’t care. He picks up Ry Ott and throws him into the steel steps, then does the same to Kent. He grabs a steel chair from under the ring and smashes it over their heads, busting them open. The referee reaches the count of ten and calls for the bell, disqualifying the Harris Twins.

The announcer declares Ry Ott & Kent Burke as the winners by count-out, but they don’t look like winners as they lie on the floor bleeding. The Harris Twins celebrate their brutal assault, not caring about the outcome of the match. They raise their arms in victory as the crowd boos them loudly.

Winners : Ry Ott & Kent Burke by countout

5. Taz vs Dr. Death Steve Williams

Taz and Williams fight all over the arena, using everything from steel chairs to fire extinguishers as weapons. They also showcased their wrestling skills, trading suplexes, slams, and submissions. The crowd is divided, with some cheering for Taz and some for Williams. The match reaches its climax when Taz hits Williams with a T-bone suplex through a table, but Williams kicks out at two. Taz then tries to apply the Tazmission, but Williams counters with a jawbreaker. Williams then hits Taz with a lariat, followed by a Doctor Bomb (a gutwrench powerbomb). He covers Taz for the pin, but Taz kicks out at two as well. Williams then picks up Taz for another Doctor Bomb, but Taz reverses it into a small package and gets the three count.

Winner : Taz

6. Rick Martel vs. Arn Anderson

As the bell chimed, both Martel and Anderson circled each other cautiously, each aware of the other's reputation within the ring. The technical wrestling prowess of Anderson clashed with Martel's innate agility, creating a mesmerizing exchange of holds, reversals, and precise strikes that left the audience in awe.

For over 20 minutes, both competitors traded devastating maneuvers, their symbolic mastery on full display. Martel's aerial attack, honed through years of experience, was met with Anderson's gritty grappling, acquired during countless battles. The energy escalated with the roar of the crowd, urging them on to push their limits further.

However, just as the match reached its climactic point, with Martel locked in his signature Boston Crab, the arena descended into chaos. Without warning, a masked man stormed the ring, targeting Martel with an array of underhanded tactics that left everyone confounded. The masked man displayed an uncanny agility, executing high-risk maneuvers that were unfamiliar to both Martel and Anderson.

The referee, confused but aware of maintaining order, frantically interrogated the masked intruder's presence. In response, the masked man revealed himself to be none other than the controversial Brian Pillman - a shocking revelation that sent shockwaves through the crowd.

Pillman, known for his reckless attitude and rebellious nature, intensified the chaos within the ring. The disqualification seemed inevitable as Pillman's interference disrupted the match's natural order.

As Pillman continued his assault on Martel, a rivalry that seemingly had no boundaries, Anderson decided to intervene. Recognizing the injustice befalling Martel, Anderson unleashed his trademark spinebuster on Pillman, reclaiming the honor and integrity of the matchup.

The bell rang loudly, signaling the disqualification and the official end of the match. The arena, while filled with frustration at the unexpected conclusion of the match, echoed with raucous cheers for Anderson's heroic intervention.

The show ends with Joey Styles, Rick Rude & Mike Tenay in shock, wondering what the Loose Cannon is up to now

Winner : Rick Martel by DQ

Awesome show that really inspired me to get back to my stuff.

Very sober presentation of Flair to this point, much closer to his earlier persona. It's a striking contrast with how I'm booking Landel as a Nature Boy parody. :D

Pillman is getting the rocket push regardless of who is in charge. We're all huge "Loose Cannon" fans here and this project allows us to imagine how things might've gone differently with hindsight 20/20.   

Martel getting a main event spot here was unexpected. The last time I recall seeing Martel wrestle was against Booker T in WCW, I don't remember much after his run as the Model. Seeing him booked here makes me think he could've had more to offer in the late 90s. 

I had the Harris Bros. on my draft broad, so definitely into them as a team and they have history with W*ING and Smoky on their resumes. 

Windham/Gordy and Dr. Death/Taz were both stellar choices, dream matches for sure. 

Interesting use of Storm as a Hart disciple around '96.

Thanks, I've felt much more inspired ever since taking over the NWA. Without having the spectre of the NWO lurking, it's easier for me to try different stuff and go in different avenues. I'm having a blast having Arn Anderson in the direction I'm going with him right now. Watch for more Flair shenanigans in upcoming episodes! ;)

Great promo at the start of the show. I'm really liking Flair as the guy at the top of the mountain daring anyone to knock him off.

I've been a little confused as to where the FBI stand but this week places them firmly as faces. And I can see that, from what I know of them in ECW they were basically a comedy act anyway. 

A k.o win in wrestling is pretty big already but a k.o win over Terry Gordy makes Windham a made man.

The Harris Brothers are, if nothing else, convincing bruisers.

A big night for the "Loose Canon". First he scored the win over Storm and then he storms the main event. Double A does the right thing and sends the invader packing. Between Flair's boasting, Paul E's politicking and Pillman's disrespect Arn is a ready made hero.

Great episode! Taz getting the upset win over Steve Williams is huge, and Brian Pilman making waves in the main event after his match Lance Storm is an interesting twist. Terry Gordy vs Barry Windham also sounded like a very good match too. I really like the direction you are taking the NWA at the moment.

NWA POWER PREVIEW

THE LOOSE CANNON GOES HORSEMAN HUNTING

With everyone gunning for the NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, the last thing the champ needs is to add another challenger to the list of potential predators. And even less, a Loose Cannon. At the conclusion of last week's NWA Power, Pillman ended up attacking Rick Martel in his match, causing The Enforcer to be disqualified, to which Anderson responded in kind with his trademark spinebuster. But when Arn Anderson demanded to get Pillman in the ring in a one-on-one match, The Nature Boy took the initiative of requesting the match with Brian Pillman! It seems like Flair is desperate to get back in Arn's good graces and with Battle of the Belts looming closer, Flair perhaps feels that having him by his side is now more important than ever. How will react The Enforcer to Flair once again beating him to the punch? And did Paul E. Dangerously have anything to do with that move?

ALSO IN ACTION THIS WEEK

Lance Storm vs Kendall Windham

Bobby Duncum Jr vs Doug Gilbert

Little Guido vs Spike Dudley

The Harris Twins vs 911 & Crush

Chris Benoit vs Taz

Bobby Eaton & Bobby Fulton vs The Faces of Fear

Don't miss any of the NWA Power action!!!

NWA POWER

SEPTEMBER 14TH, 1996

JEFFERSON, TX

The show starts with the announce team of Joey Styles, Rick Rude & Mike Tenay hyping up tonight's program, including the main event between "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Brian Pillman after the events that closed the show last week. They're then interrupted by Ric Flair, already sporting his trademark robe & wrestling gear making his way to the ring. Flair grabs the mic and speaks his mind:

Ric Flair: Woooo! You know something, Brian Pillman? You're nothing but a punk kid who thinks he can step into the ring with the Nature Boy. You're part of the new generation of wrestlers who have no respect for the legends of this sport. You think you can fly around and do all kinds of fancy moves, but you don't have the heart, the skill, or the charisma to be a champion.

Well, let me tell you something, Pillman. Tonight, in the main event, you're going to find out why I'm still the best in the business. You're going to find out why I'm a 14-time world champion. You're going to find out why I'm the dirtiest player in the game. And you're going to find out why I'm the man. Woooo!

Because tonight, Pillman, I'm going to make you cry like a baby. I'm going to make you beg for mercy. I'm going to make you tap out to the figure-four leglock. And I'm going to make you realize that you're not in my league. You're not even in my galaxy. You're just a fly that I'm going to swat with ease.

So get ready, Pillman. Get ready for the ride of your life. Get ready for the biggest challenge of your career. And get ready for the biggest disappointment of your life. Because tonight, Pillman, you're going to learn a lesson that you'll never forget. You're going to learn that to be the man, you've got to beat the man. And you'll never, ever beat me. Woooo!.

Match 1: Lance Storm vs. Kendall Windham

The match started with a lock-up, which Kendall quickly turned into a headlock. He applied pressure on Storm’s neck, but Storm managed to push him off and hit him with a dropkick. Storm then ran to the ropes and attempted a crossbody, but Kendall caught him in mid-air and slammed him to the mat with a powerslam. Kendall went for the cover, but Storm kicked out at two. Kendall then picked up Storm and whipped him to the corner, where he followed with a clothesline. He then lifted Storm up to the top rope and tried to execute a superplex, but Storm fought back with punches and headbutts. Storm then pushed Kendall off the turnbuckle and hit him with a missile dropkick from the top rope. Storm covered Kendall, but Barry distracted the referee from outside the ring.

Storm got up and argued with Barry, allowing Kendall to recover and attack him from behind. Kendall hit Storm with a back suplex and then locked in a sleeper hold. He tried to wear down Storm’s stamina, but Storm refused to give up. He slowly got to his feet and elbowed Kendall in the gut. He then ran to the ropes and hit Kendall with a flying forearm smash. He followed with a series of kicks and punches, ending with a spinning heel kick that knocked Kendall down. Storm then climbed to the top rope again and signaled for his finisher, the diving headbutt. He leaped off the rope and aimed for Kendall’s head, but Kendall rolled out of the way at the last second. Storm crashed to the mat, clutching his head in pain.

Kendall saw an opportunity and crawled over to Storm. He hooked his leg and pinned him, but Storm barely got his shoulder up before the three count. Kendall was frustrated and argued with the referee, claiming that it was a slow count. He then got up and pulled Storm to his feet. He tried to hit him with his finisher, the bulldog, but Storm countered with a back body drop. Storm then quickly rolled up Kendall in a small package and pinned him for the three count. The bell rang and Storm’s music played as he celebrated his victory. Barry entered the ring and attacked Storm from behind, hitting him with a DDT. He then helped Kendall up and they both stomped on Storm until other wrestlers came to his rescue.

Winner: Lance Storm

Match 2: Bobby Duncum Jr. vs. Doug Gilbert

The match went back and forth, with both men scoring near falls and escaping from submission holds. Gilbert hit Duncum Jr with a DDT on a chair for a two count, then went for a moonsault from the top rope, but Duncum Jr moved out of the way and Gilbert crashed through a table. Duncum Jr then picked up Gilbert and delivered a powerbomb on another table for a three count. The referee raised Duncum Jr’s hand as the winner, while Gilbert lay motionless on the broken table.

After the commercial break, the camera cuts to the backstage area, where Bobby Duncum Jr is standing with a microphone in his hand. He has a smug grin on his face and a bloody bandage on his forehead. He just defeated Doug Gilbert in a brutal hardcore match that involved chairs, tables, and barbed wire.

Bobby Duncum Jr: Well, well, well. Look who’s standing here, victorious and proud. The new king of extreme, Bobby Duncum Jr! I came to the NWA to prove myself as the best wrestler in the world, and I just beat one of their finest in Doug Gilbert. He put up a hell of a fight, but he couldn’t handle the Texas tornado that is Bobby Duncum Jr. He learned the hard way that I’m not here to play games, I’m here to make history.

He points to his bandage and laughs.

Bobby Duncum Jr: You see this? This is a badge of honor. This is a sign of how tough I am. This is nothing compared to what I can do to anyone who dares to step in the ring with me. I don’t care who you are, what you’ve done, or where you come from. You want a piece of me? You want to challenge me? You want to test me? Well, come on then. Come on out and face me like a man. I’m not afraid of anything or anyone. I’m ready for anything.

He looks around and raises his voice.

Bobby Duncum Jr: Is there anyone in the locker room who has the guts to face me? Anyone? Anyone at all? Come on, don’t be shy. Don’t be scared. Don’t be cowards. Show me what you got. Show me what you’re made of. Show me that you have what it takes to be extreme. Because I’m extreme. I’m the most extreme wrestler in the world. And I’m not going to stop until I prove it to everyone.

He pauses and waits for a response.

Bobby Duncum Jr: What’s that? No one? No one wants to face me? No one wants to challenge me? No one wants to test me? Well, that’s what I thought. That’s what I expected. Because you all know that you can’t beat me. You all know that you can’t match me. You all know that you can’t stop me. You all know that I’m the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

He smiles and raises his microphone.

Bobby Duncum Jr: So hear this loud and clear. Bobby Duncum Jr is here to stay. Bobby Duncum Jr is here to dominate. Bobby Duncum Jr is here to rule. Bobby Duncum Jr is the new king of extreme. And no one can stop him.

He drops the microphone and walks away.

Winner: Bobby Duncum Jr.

Match 3: Little Guido vs. Spike Dudley

The match begins with Little Guido and Spike Dudley locking up in the center of the ring. Little Guido gains the advantage with a headlock, but Spike Dudley pushes him off and hits a dropkick. Spike Dudley follows up with a series of punches and kicks, sending Little Guido to the corner. Spike Dudley charges at him, but Little Guido moves out of the way and Spike Dudley crashes into the turnbuckle. Little Guido then hits a running clothesline and covers Spike Dudley for a two count.

Little Guido picks up Spike Dudley and whips him to the ropes, but Spike Dudley reverses and hits a flying forearm. Spike Dudley then climbs to the top rope and attempts a diving headbutt, but Little Guido rolls out of the way and Spike Dudley lands hard on the mat. Little Guido then applies a camel clutch on Spike Dudley, trying to make him submit. Spike Dudley refuses to give up and reaches for the ropes, but Little Guido pulls him back to the center of the ring. Spike Dudley then manages to roll over and pin Little Guido’s shoulders to the mat for a near fall.

Both men get up and exchange punches, with Spike Dudley getting the upper hand. Spike Dudley then hits a suplex and goes for another pin, but Little Guido kicks out. Spike Dudley then grabs Little Guido by the hair and drags him to the apron, where he tries to suplex him to the outside. However, Little Guido blocks it and counters with a suplex of his own, sending both men crashing to the floor. The referee begins to count them out, but both men get back in the ring before the count of ten.

Little Guido then hits a snapmare and a leg drop on Spike Dudley, followed by a neckbreaker. He then signals for his finisher, the Sicilian Slice (a diving leg drop from the top rope). He climbs to the top rope and leaps off, but Spike Dudley moves out of the way at the last second and Little Guido hits the mat. Spike Dudley then hits his finisher, the Acid Drop (a running bulldog from behind). He covers Little Guido for the win, but before the referee can count to three, Barry Windham runs in and breaks up the pin.

Spiccoli then attacks Spike Dudley with a chair, causing a disqualification. He continues to beat down Spike Dudley until Kendall Windham joins him in the ring. The two brothers then hit their signature move, the Hi-Lo on Spike Dudley. They then turn their attention to Little Guido, who tries to fight back but is outnumbered. The Windhams hit another Hi-Lo on Little Guido, leaving both men lying motionless in the ring.

The official result of the match is that Little Guido wins by disqualification, but he does not celebrate as he is too hurt to stand up. Spike Dudley is also carried out on a stretcher, as NWA officials check on him. Joey Styles then informs the viewers that coming from the desk of NWA President Dusty Rhodes, Little Guido and Spike Dudley will have a rematch and this time, it will be to crown a NEW NWA Junior Heavyweight Champion and the match is taking place next week on NWA Power.

Winner: Little Guido by disqualification

Match 4: Ron Harris and Don Harris vs. 911 and Crush

The match starts with a brawl between the four men, as they exchange punches and kicks. The Bruise Brothers try to use their size and strength advantage to overpower their opponents, but 911 and Crush fight back with their agility and speed. The action spills outside the ring, where the Bruise Brothers use chairs and tables as weapons. However, 911 and Crush counter with trash cans and steel pipes. The crowd cheers loudly as they witness the carnage.

The referee tries to restore order, but he is knocked down by a stray chair shot from Don Harris. Callis sees this as an opportunity to interfere, and he grabs his tennis racket. He tries to hit 911 with it, but 911 grabs his arm and chokeslams him through a table. The crowd erupts in applause. Meanwhile, Crush hits Ron Harris with a big boot and then a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. He covers him for the pin, but there is no referee to count.

Suddenly, Paul E. Dangerously appears on the stage with a microphone. He announces that he has seen enough of Callis’ interference, and that he is making this match a no disqualification match. He also says that he has a special guest referee for this match: NWA President Dusty Rhodes. The crowd goes wild as Rhodes runs to the ring with a striped shirt on. He slides into the ring and counts the pinfall for Crush.

The crowd chants “NWA! NWA! NWA!” as 911 and Crush celebrate. Dusty raises their hands in victory, while Paul E. smiles from the stage. The Bruise Brothers are furious, as they argue with Callis and blame him for their loss. They leave the ring in anger, while 911 and Crush pose for the fans.

Winners: 911 and Crush

Match 5: Chris Benoit vs. Taz

As the bell rang, Benoit and Taz circled each other, measuring up their opponent's strengths. Taz quickly demonstrated his iconically brutal suplexes, catching Benoit off guard and stunning him. Benoit, known for his resiliency, managed to counter some of Taz's attacks with his signature ground-and-pound style.

The match turned into a gripping back-and-forth affair, with each competitor finding ways to outsmart and outwrestle their opponent. Taz relentlessly targeted Benoit's arm, weakening it to his advantage. However, Benoit showcased his incredible toughness and managed to keep the match on an even keel, countering Taz's explosive offense with his own hard-hitting strikes.

As the match wore on, both wrestlers became visibly fatigued. The crowd was on its feet, engrossed in the intense battle unfolding in the ring. Eventually, Taz, demonstrating his immense strength, executed a picture-perfect Tazmission on Benoit. Despite Benoit's efforts to escape, Taz locked it in tighter, leaving Benoit with no choice but to tap out.

Winner: Taz

Match 6: Bobby Eaton and Bobby Fulton vs. The Barbarian and Meng

The match starts with Eaton and Meng locking up in the center of the ring. Meng overpowers Eaton and pushes him to the corner, where he delivers a series of chops and punches. Eaton tries to fight back, but Meng tags in The Barbarian, who continues the assault. The Barbarian whips Eaton to the ropes and hits him with a big boot, followed by a leg drop for a two count. The Barbarian then applies a bear hug on Eaton, squeezing the air out of him.

Fulton tries to get the crowd behind his partner, but The Faces of Fear are in complete control. The Barbarian tags in Meng again, who lifts Eaton up for a piledriver. However, Eaton counters with a back body drop and crawls to his corner. He manages to tag in Fulton, who comes in with a burst of energy. Fulton dropkicks Meng and then The Barbarian off the apron. He then hits Meng with a flying forearm and goes for the cover, but The Barbarian breaks it up.

Fulton fights off both opponents and tags in Eaton again. They double-team Meng with a double clothesline and then a double elbow drop. Eaton covers Meng, but he kicks out at two. Eaton then climbs to the top rope and goes for a diving knee drop, but Meng moves out of the way. Meng gets up and tags in The Barbarian, who charges at Eaton. Eaton ducks and hits The Barbarian with a neckbreaker. He then goes for another top rope move, but this time Meng pushes him off and he crashes to the mat.

The Barbarian capitalizes on the opportunity and picks up Eaton for a powerbomb. He slams him down hard and pins him for the three count. The Faces of Fear win the match.

Winners: The Barbarian and Meng

Match 7: Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman

The match begins with both men exchanging chops and punches, with Flair gaining the upper hand. He applies his signature figure-four leglock on Pillman, but Pillman reverses it and escapes. Pillman then takes control of the match with his high-flying moves, such as a springboard clothesline and a missile dropkick. He goes for a pin, but Flair kicks out at two.

Pillman continues to attack Flair’s legs, hoping to weaken him for his own version of the figure-four leglock. He locks it in, but Flair reaches the ropes and breaks the hold. Flair then mounts a comeback with his trademark chops, elbows, and knee drops. He hits a suplex and goes for a pin, but Pillman kicks out at two. Flair then tries to hit a top-rope move, but Pillman counters with a dropkick that sends Flair crashing to the floor. Pillman follows him outside and slams him into the steel railing and the ring post. He then rolls him back into the ring and climbs to the top rope. He attempts a flying crossbody, but Flair ducks and Pillman lands on the referee, knocking him out.

Flair then takes advantage of the situation and hits Pillman with a low blow. He then grabs a steel chair from under the ring and smashes it over Pillman’s head. He covers him for the pin, but there is no referee to count. Flair then revives the referee and drags him to the pinfall attempt, but Pillman barely kicks out at two and a half. Flair is furious and argues with the referee, allowing Pillman to roll him up from behind for a near fall. Flair then reverses it into his own roll-up and grabs a handful of tights for extra leverage. The referee counts three and awards the match to Flair.

Winner: Ric Flair

After the match, Arn Anderson comes out to stare down Flair. The show ends with Flair and Anderson standing tall in the ring, with the broadcast team reminding viewers that sooner, rather than later, the Nature Boy and The Enforcer will collide.

Flair's opening promos are unsurprisingly becoming a weekly highlight.

Storm gets the win but Barry is there to avenge his brother's honor.

All hail Bobby Duncan Jr, The new King of Extreme!

The Windhams really seem to have a bone to pick with the FBI. Hope Guido can focus on his title shot next week.

911 & Crush with a surprise win.

Taz and Benoit put on a clinic with the Human Suplex Machine coming out on top.

The Faces of Fear were, in hindsight, really underused by WCW. I think they could carve out a place here.

If it was Flair's plan to get on Arn's good side, it didn't work. 

NWA POWER PREVIEW

THE NATURE BOY DOESN'T GIVE UP

As the show went off the air last week, another confrontation between Ric Flair and Arn Anderson took place after Flair defeated Brian Pillman in the main event. Yet, the Nature Boy & NWA World Heavyweight Champion still hasn't given up on his hopes to mend fences with Anderson and a possible official reformation of the Four Horsemen. In fact, rumors are swirling that once again Paul E. Dangerously is stirring the pot in trying to facilitate Flair's desires. Case in point; this week's main event will feature Billy Kidman and World Television Champion 2 Cold Scorpio taking on the team of Arn Anderson & Chris Benoit, who were opponents not that long ago on NWA Power. In fact, Flair seems to be in recruiting mode and will stop at nothing apparently to make the Horsemen a reality again. But not everyone sees things the same way. In fact, the NWA stumbled upon interesting footage shot last week and this will be shown at the very beginning of this week's broadcast.

THE LOOSE CANNON DOESN'T GIVE UP EITHER

Even in defeat, Brian Pillman still remains defiant and he had some choice words for Ric Flair when NWA Power went off the air and it doesn't look like he's buying or trusting the notion that Arn Anderson doesn't want anything to do with Flair, as you'll see in his comments that also will be shown this week.

NEW NWA JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION TO BE CROWNED

After the chaotic finish to the match between Spike Dudley and Little Guido last week, thanks to the Windhams, NWA President Dusty Rhodes has officially sanctioned a rematch between both men and this time, the vacant NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship will be at stakes. We are told that the Windhams were fined for that incident and will barred from ringside so we should see a clear finish this time around to see who will go into Battle of the Belts as the champ!

ALSO IN ACTION THIS WEEK

The Harris Brothers vs Bobby Eaton & Bobby Fulton

Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy vs Mr. Hughes

+ more!

NWA POWER

SEPTEMBER 21st, 1996

MILWAUKEE, WI

[The camera pans to a locker room, where Arn Anderson is sitting on a bench, taping his wrists. He looks up and sees Barry Windham walking in, wearing a cowboy hat and a leather jacket.]

Anderson: Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up. Barry Windham, the man who turned his back on the Horsemen and joined Dusty Rhodes and his band of misfits.

Windham: Arn, I don’t have time for your insults. I came here to talk to you, man to man.

Anderson: Talk to me about what? How you betrayed me and Ric Flair? How you left us high and dry when we needed you the most? How you threw away your legacy and your friendship for a bunch of losers?

Windham: Arn, you know that’s not true. You know I had my reasons for leaving the Horsemen. You know I couldn’t stand by and watch Flair abuse his power and cheat his way to the top. You know I had to stand up for what’s right.

Anderson: What’s right? You call it right to side with Dusty Rhodes, the man who broke Flair’s leg and tried to end his career? You call it right to join forces with Nikita Koloff, the Russian nightmare who hates everything America stands for? You call it right to turn your back on the greatest group of wrestlers in history, the Four Horsemen?

Windham: Arn, you’re blinded by loyalty. You’ve seen that Flair has changed. He’s not the same man we used to respect and admire. He’s become a selfish, arrogant, egomaniac who doesn’t care about anyone but himself. He doesn’t care about you, Arn. He doesn’t care about Chris Benoit or anyone else. I thought you had seen this already. He only cares about his precious NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Anderson: And what do you care about, Barry? Do you care about anything other than your own glory? Do you care about the fans who loved you and cheered for you when you were a Horseman? Do you care about the tradition and the honor of this sport?

Windham: Of course I do, Arn. That’s why I’m here. That’s why I came back from my ranch in Texas. That’s why I’m ready to fight Ric Flair and take back what’s mine. The NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Anderson: What? Are you kidding me? You think you deserve a shot at Flair’s title? You think you can just walk in here and challenge him?

Windham: Yes, I do, Arn. And I’m not afraid of him or you or anyone else. I’ve beaten Flair before  and I can do it again. I’m the only man who can match him move for move, hold for hold, skill for skill. I’m the only man who can make him bleed, make him sweat, make him tap out.

Anderson: You’re dreaming, Barry. You’re living in the past. You’re not the same Barry Windham who was once a Horseman. You’re not the same Barry Windham who was once a champion. You’re a shadow of your former self. You’re a has-been.

Windham: No, Arn. I’m not a has-been. I’m a will-be. I will be the next NWA World Heavyweight Champion. And there’s nothing you or Flair or anyone else can do to stop me.

Anderson: Oh yeah? Well, how about this?

[Anderson stands up and throws a punch at Windham, but Windham blocks it and retaliates with a punch of his own. The two men start brawling in the locker room, knocking over chairs and tables.]

[The camera cuts to black as the segment ends.]

Match 1 : The Harris Brothers vs Bobby Eaton & Bobby Fulton

The match starts with Don Harris and Bobby Eaton locking up. Don overpowers Eaton and pushes him to the corner, where he tags in Ron. The Harris Brothers double-team Eaton with punches and kicks, then Ron whips him to the opposite corner. Ron charges at Eaton, but Eaton dodges and hits him with a dropkick. Eaton tags in Fulton, who comes in with a flying crossbody on Ron for a two count. Fulton applies a headlock on Ron, but Ron fights out and hits him with a back elbow. Ron tags in Don, who stomps on Fulton and chokes him on the ropes. Don picks up Fulton and slams him down, then drops an elbow for a near fall. Don tags in Ron again, and they hit Fulton with a double clothesline. Ron covers Fulton, but Eaton breaks up the pin.

Ron argues with the referee, allowing Don to sneak in and attack Eaton. The Harris Brothers throw Eaton out of the ring, then focus on Fulton. They hit him with their signature H-Bomb (a double chokeslam), then Don covers him. However, before the referee can count to three, Eaton pulls him out of the ring and punches him. The crowd boos as Callis protests. Eaton slides back in the ring and hits Don with a DDT, then helps Fulton up. They hit Don with their own version of the H-Bomb, then Fulton covers him. Eaton stops Ron from interfering, and the referee counts to three. The crowd erupts as Eaton and Fulton win the match.

Eaton and Fulton celebrate their victory, while the Harris Brothers and Callis are furious. They attack Eaton and Fulton from behind, then grab a pair of steel chairs. They try to hit them with the chairs, but Eaton and Fulton duck and kick them in the gut. They take the chairs from them and chase them out of the ring. The show goes to commercial break with Eaton and Fulton holding the chairs high in the air, while the Harris Brothers and Callis retreat to the back.

Winners : Bobby Eaton & Bobby Fulton

Match #2 : Little Guido vs Spike Dudley

Little Guido was accompanied by his Full Blooded Italians (F.B.I.) stablemates Louie Spiccolli and Vincent, who interfered on his behalf throughout the match. Spike Dudley was the underdog, but he used his speed and agility to counter Guido’s technical skills and mat wrestling. The crowd was firmly behind Spike, who hit Guido with several high-flying moves, including a diving headbutt, a hurricanrana and a moonsault

The match reached its climax when Spike attempted to finish Guido with his signature Acid Drop (a running cutter). However, Spiccoli and Vincent pulled Guido out of the ring and attacked Spike on the floor. They threw him back into the ring, where Guido locked him in a Sicilian Crab (a Boston crab). Spike refused to give up, but he passed out from the pain and the referee called for the bell. Guido was declared the winner and the new NWA Junior Heavyweight Champion.

The F.B.I. celebrated in the ring with the belt, while Spike was helped to the back by some NWA wrestlers. The crowd gave him a standing ovation for his valiant effort. Joey Styles praised both men for putting on a great match and announced that they would have a rematch at Battle of the Belts.

Winner and new NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship : Little Guido

[The scene is a locker room, where Brian Pillman is sitting on a bench, wearing his ring gear and a leather jacket. He looks angry and determined, as he stares into the camera.]

Pillman: You know, I’ve been in this business for a long time, and I’ve seen a lot of things. But nothing makes me sicker than the sight of the Four Horsemen. The so-called elite of professional wrestling. The self-proclaimed legends of the sport. The men who think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want. Well, I’ve got news for you, Horsemen. Your time is up. Your reign of terror is over. And I’m the man who’s going to end it.

Pillman: You see, I don’t care about your titles, your money, your women, or your fame. I don’t care about your history, your legacy, or your reputation. All I care about is justice. Justice for all the people you’ve hurt, all the careers you’ve ruined, all the lives you’ve destroyed. Justice for myself, for what you did to me in the past. You tried to break my neck, you tried to end my career, you tried to take away my livelihood. But you failed. You failed because I’m not like the others. I’m not afraid of you. I’m not intimidated by you. I’m not impressed by you. I’m Brian Pillman, and I’m the Loose Cannon.

Pillman: And that’s why you’re scared of me, Horsemen. Because you know I’m unpredictable. You know I’m dangerous. You know I’m crazy. And you know I’ll stop at nothing to get my revenge. You can’t control me, you can’t manipulate me, you can’t stop me. You can only watch as I tear you apart, one by one, limb by limb, until there’s nothing left of you but a pile of bones and dust.

Pillman: So bring it on, Horsemen. Bring on your best shot. Bring on Ric Flair, the Nature Boy, the World Champion, the leader of the pack. Bring on Arn Anderson, the Enforcer, the spinebuster king, the loyal soldier. Bring on Chris Benoit, the Technician, the submission master, the sneaky weasel. Bring on whoever else traitor you’ve now found. Bring them all on, because it doesn’t matter how many of you there are, or how strong you think you are. Because when you step into the ring with me, you’re stepping into hell. And there’s no escape from hell.

Pillman: So get ready, Horsemen. Get ready for the fight of your lives. Get ready for the pain of your lives. Get ready for the end of your lives. Because I’m coming for you. And I won’t stop until I get what I want. And what I want is simple: I want your blood. I want your souls. And I want your heads on a platter.

Pillman: And when it’s all said and done, when I’m standing over your broken bodies and holding your severed heads in my hands, then and only then will you realize who I am and what I can do.

Pillman: Then and only then will you realize that I am Brian Pillman.

Pillman: And I am the Loose Cannon.

[The scene fades to black as Pillman laughs maniacally.]

Terry Gordy vs Crush

The match starts with both men locking up and exchanging power moves. Gordy gains the upper hand with a clothesline and a suplex, but Crush fights back with a backbreaker and a leg drop. The action spills to the outside, where Mr. Hughes tries to interfere but is stopped by Ted Dibiase. Dibiase distracts Crush, allowing Gordy to hit him with a chair behind the referee’s back.

Gordy rolls Crush back into the ring and covers him for a near fall. He then applies a bear hug, trying to wear down Crush’s back. Crush refuses to give up and breaks free with a series of elbows. He then hits Gordy with a big boot and a running powerslam for another near fall. He signals for his finisher, the Kona Crush, a head vice that squeezes his opponent’s skull.

However, before he can apply it, he is attacked by Dr. Death Steve Williams. Williams chokeslams Crush and then goes after Mr. Hughes, who tries to defend his friend. The referee calls for the bell, ending the match in a no-contest.

Williams continues to assault Crush and Mr. Hughes, until Taz runs out to make the save. Taz fends off Williams and Gordy with punches and clotheslines, while Crush and Mr. Hughes recover in the corner. Taz then poses for the crowd, while Williams and Gordy retreat with Hart. The announcers hype up the upcoming clash between Taz and Gordy at Battle of the Belts, where they will face each other for the unrecognized FTW World Title.

No-contest

In a segment following the match, we see Ric Flair and Steve "Mongo" McMichael laughing and drinking champagne in their locker room, mocking the other wrestlers and boasting about their dominance.

Billy Kidman & 2 Cold Scorpio vs Arn Anderson & Chris Benoit

As the match begins, Kidman and Scorpio use their agility and speed to gain an early advantage. Kidman impresses the crowd with his quickness, hitting crisp dropkicks and high-flying moves, while Scorpio showcases his athleticism, hitting impressive flips and acrobatic maneuvers.

Anderson, known for his technical prowess, counters the high-risk style with his years of experience. He uses his technical knowledge to ground Kidman, expertly applying joint locks and submission holds to wear him down. Benoit, a young and intense athlete, matches Scorpio's agility and brings the fight with hard-hitting strikes and suplexes.

Despite Kidman and Scorpio putting up a valiant fight, Anderson and Benoit gradually take control of the match. They cut off the ring, isolating Kidman through quick tags and double-team maneuvers. Anderson's spinebuster and Benoit's diving headbutt shake the ring, adding to the punishment Kidman endures.

As Kidman struggles to reach his corner, the crowd erupts in excitement as Ric Flair and Steve McMichael make their way to ringside.

Flair arrogantly taunts Kidman, distracting the referee's attention while McMichael delivers a cheap shot to Kidman from outside the ring. The interference gives Anderson and Benoit the upper hand as they continue to dominate.

The crowd's frustration turns to anger as Flair and McMichael continue to interfere throughout the match, occasionally choking and distracting Kidman whenever possible. However, Kidman's resilience keeps him in the fight, and he manages to make a desperate tag to Scorpio.

Scorpio enters with a newfound fire, taking on both Anderson and Benoit. He hits a series of high-flying moves, leaving the crowd in awe of his athleticism. However, the numbers game proves too much, and despite Scorpio's efforts, Anderson and Benoit regain control.

In the climax of the match, Anderson hits Scorpio with a spinebuster, followed by Benoit ascending to the top rope. Benoit flawlessly executes his signature diving headbutt, flooring Scorpio and securing the pinfall victory for the team of Anderson and Benoit.

Winners: Arn Anderson & Chris Benoit

As the bell rings, Flair and McMichael enter the ring, celebrating their team's victory. The irritated crowd vehemently expresses their disapproval of Flair and McMichael's interference, creating a hostile atmosphere. Flair, and McMichael revel in the boos, while Anderson & Benoit aren’t too sure exactly what to make of the situation.

As the episode comes to a close, a video package plays, highlighting the tension between Windham and Anderson, Pillman's feud with who he thinks are the reformed Horsemen, and the ongoing war between the up-and-coming wrestlers and the established stars of the NWA.

For all Arn has been making a show of wanting a match with Flair, he certainly was passionate when talking about how Windham betrayed the Nature Boy.

The Bobby's are really coming together as a team.

Little Guido brings the title home to The Family.

Pillman will have justice...no matter what it takes.

Taz vs Gordy for the FTW title. Bring it on.

Flair, Arn, Benoit and Mongo. That could be a (mostly) great lineup. Except half those men aren't on board.

12 hours ago, Autistic Dragon said:

For all Arn has been making a show of wanting a match with Flair, he certainly was passionate when talking about how Windham betrayed the Nature Boy.

That's the thing I want to explore with Arn; he might not be in the best of terms with Ric Flair right now but loyalty is everything to him. Historically, he's the one Horseman that has been by Flair's side, no matter what. So whenever that subject is brought up, it's a sensitive one for Double A. The next couple of weeks are gonna be turbulent for the champ, all the way to the end of the year.

NWA Battle of the Belts! Battle at the Bay (WWE 2K18) - YouTube

NWA BATTLE OF THE BELTS FINAL CARD

SEPTEMBER 28TH, 1996

EXPO HALL, FLORIDA STATE FAIRGROUNDS

MAIN EVENT

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c) vs "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) vs Faces of Fear (w/Don Callis)

NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE ROYAL

FTW WORLD TITLE MATCH

UNSANCTIONED BY THE NWA

Taz (c) vs Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy

NWA WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

2 Cold Scorpio (c) vs Billy Kidman

NWA WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP RETURN MATCH

Little Guido (c) vs Spike Dudley

NWA WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDERS MATCH

Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri

Chris Benoit vs Steve "Mongo" McMichael

Chavo Guerrero & Lance Storm vs Shane Douglas & Disco Inferno

Rick Martel vs "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman

• 2 weeks later...

NWA Battle of the Belts! Battle at the Bay (WWE 2K18) - YouTube

SEPTEMBER 28TH, 1996

EXPO HALL, FLORIDA STATE FAIRGROUNDS

Grudge Match: Rick Martel vs. Brian Pillman

The match is fast-paced and competitive, with both men showing their skills and charisma. Martel tries to use his technical ability and dirty tactics to ground Pillman, while Pillman uses his speed and agility to counter Martel’s moves.

The match reaches its climax when Pillman hits a crossbody from the top rope for a near-fall. He then goes for a springboard clothesline, but Martel ducks and catches him in a backslide for another close two-count. Pillman kicks out and tries to roll up Martel, but Martel reverses it and grabs the ropes for leverage. The referee does not see it and counts the pinfall, giving Martel the victory. Martel celebrates his win by taunting the crowd and mocking Pillman, who protests the decision and argues with the referee.

Winner : Rick Martel

Tag Team Match: Chavo Guerrero and Lance Storm vs. Shane Douglas and Disco Inferno

The match starts with Chavo and Disco locking up in the center of the ring. Chavo gains the advantage with a headlock, but Disco pushes him off and hits a shoulder block. Disco runs the ropes, but Chavo leapfrogs over him and catches him with a dropkick. Chavo tags in Storm, who comes in with a clothesline on Disco. Storm whips Disco into the corner and follows up with a running knee. Storm then suplexes Disco and covers him for a two count.

Storm tags Chavo back in, and they double-team Disco with a flapjack. Chavo goes for another cover, but Douglas breaks it up. Storm chases Douglas out of the ring, while Chavo continues to work on Disco. Chavo hits a snapmare and applies a chinlock on Disco. Disco fights back with elbows to the gut, but Chavo cuts him off with a knee lift. Chavo then goes to the top rope and attempts a frog splash, but Disco rolls out of the way.

Disco crawls to his corner and tags in Douglas, who comes in fresh and attacks Chavo. Douglas stomps on Chavo and taunts Storm. Douglas then whips Chavo into the ropes and hits a back elbow. Douglas follows up with a neckbreaker and covers Chavo for a near fall. Douglas then picks up Chavo and slams him down. Douglas goes to the second rope and tries a diving elbow drop, but Chavo dodges it.

Chavo reaches for his corner, but Douglas grabs his leg and drags him back to the center of the ring. Douglas then applies a figure-four leglock on Chavo, trying to make him submit. Chavo screams in pain, but refuses to give up. Storm tries to get in the ring, but Robinson stops him. Disco comes in from behind and kicks Chavo in the head, adding more pressure to the hold.

Chavo somehow manages to reverse the figure-four, turning the tables on Douglas. Douglas now feels the pain, but he quickly reaches the ropes and forces the break. Both men are down, as the crowd cheers for Chavo. Chavo crawls to his corner and tags in Storm, who comes in like a house of fire. Storm clotheslines Douglas and then knocks Disco off the apron. Storm then hits a spinning heel kick on Douglas and covers him for a two count.

Storm picks up Douglas and sets him up for a superkick, but Disco trips him from the outside. Douglas takes advantage of the distraction and hits Storm with a low blow behind Robinson’s back. Douglas then hits Storm with his finisher, the Franchiser (a fisherman’s buster), and covers him for the win.

However, before the referee can count to three, Chavo breaks up the pin with a flying splash from the top rope. The match continues, as all four men are in the ring now. Chaos ensues, as they brawl with each other. The referee tries to restore order, but he gets knocked down by accident.

Chavo and Disco fight on the outside, while Storm and Douglas battle inside the ring. Storm reverses a whip from Douglas and sends him into the ropes. Storm then catches Douglas with his finisher, the Canadian Maple Leaf (a single-leg Boston crab), and locks it in tight.

Douglas has nowhere to go, as he is in the middle of the ring. He tries to endure the pain, but he has no choice but to tap out. However, Robinson is still down and doesn’t see it.

Meanwhile, on the outside, Chavo grabs a steel chair from under the ring and smashes it over Disco’s head, knocking him out cold. Chavo then slides into the ring with the chair and sees that Storm has Douglas in his submission hold.

Chavo decides to help his partner by hitting Douglas with the chair as well, adding more damage to his back. However, as he swings the chair, he accidentally hits Storm instead!

Storm releases the hold and falls to the mat, clutching his head in agony. Chavo is shocked by what he has done, as he drops the chair and apologizes to Storm.

The referee finally recovers and sees that both Storm and Douglas are down on the mat. He starts counting them both out.

One…

Two…

Three…

Four…

Five…

Six…

Seven…

Eight…

Nine…

Ten!

Robinson calls for the bell and declares that both teams have been counted out. The match is a draw!

The crowd boos loudly at this outcome, as they wanted to see a clear winner.

Chavo tries to help Storm up, but Storm pushes him away angrily. Storm blames Chavo for costing them the match, as he yells at him and points at the chair. Chavo tries to explain that it was an accident, but Storm doesn’t want to hear it.

Storm and Chavo argue with each other, as they have a heated exchange of words. They look like they are about to come to blows, but Robinson gets between them and tries to calm them down.

Meanwhile, Douglas and Disco slowly get up and see that they have escaped with a draw. They smirk at each other, as they realize that they have gotten away with one.

Decision : Draw

Singles Match: Chris Benoit vs. Steve “Mongo” McMichael

The match starts with both men exchanging punches and kicks. McMichael uses his strength and size advantage to overpower Benoit, throwing him around the ring and hitting him with clotheslines and slams. Benoit tries to fight back with his technical skills and speed, applying submission holds and hitting dropkicks and suplexes. The match goes back and forth, with both men getting near falls.

At one point, McMichael hits Benoit with a big boot and goes for the pin, but Benoit kicks out at two. McMichael gets frustrated and argues with the referee. He then picks up Benoit and tries to hit him with his finisher, the Tombstone Piledriver. However, Benoit reverses it into a DDT and stuns McMichael. Benoit then climbs to the top rope and hits his finisher, the Diving Headbutt. He covers McMichael for the pin and gets the three count.

Winner : Chris Benoit

NWA United States Championship Battle Royal: The winner will be crowned the new champion. The participants are: 2 Cold Scorpio, 911, Ace Darling, Billy Kidman, Bobby Duncum Jr., Bobby Eaton, Bobby Fulton, Brad Armstrong, Brian Pillman, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Chris Benoit, Crush, David Taylor, D-Lo Brown, Disco Inferno, Don Harris, Doug Gilbert, Jacques Rougeau, Jesse James Armstrong, Kama Mustafa, Kendal Windham, Konnan, Lance Storm, Little Guido, Louie Spicolli, Mabel, Mike Enos, Mr. Hughes, Rick Martel, Rob Van Dam, Ron Harris, Shane Douglas, Spike Dudley, Steve “Mongo” McMichael, Taz, Tajiri, Terry Gordy and Virgil.

The final two wrestlers are Billy Kidman and D-Lo Brown and the final elimination is announced to be under regular pinfall or submission ruels. They have a fast-paced exchange of moves and near-falls until Kidman would hit Brown with a shooting star press for the win. Kidman is crowned the new NWA United States Champion.

Winner : Billy Kidman (new NWA United States Heavyweight Champion)

NWA World Television Championship #1 Contender’s Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Tajiri

The match is fast-paced and exciting, with both men showcasing their high-flying and martial arts skills. Tajiri uses his signature kicks and mist to gain an advantage, while Rob Van Dam counters with his agility and flexibility. The crowd is split between chanting “ECW” and “RVD” or “Tajiri”. The match goes back and forth, with several near falls and reversals. Tajiri hits a brainbuster for a close two count, then goes for a buzzsaw kick, but Rob Van Dam ducks and hits a spinning heel kick of his own. He follows up with a rolling thunder and a split-legged moonsault for another near fall. He then signals for the five star frog splash, but Tajiri gets up and crotches him on the top rope. Tajiri climbs up and attempts a super hurricanrana, but Rob Van Dam blocks it and powerbombs him to the mat. He then hits the five star frog splash and covers Tajiri for the three count.

Rob Van Dam wins the match and becomes the new #1 contender for the NWA World Television Championship. He celebrates, while Tajiri shows respect by shaking his hand. They then hug and raise each other’s arms, as the crowd cheers for both of them. They then leave the ring together.

Winner : Rob Van Dam (#1 contender for the NWA World TV Championship)

FTW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Terry Gordy vs. Taz (c)

The match starts with a lock-up, and both men try to overpower each other. Taz gains the advantage with a headlock, but Gordy pushes him off and hits a shoulder block. Taz gets up quickly and responds with a clothesline. Gordy rolls out of the ring and grabs a steel chair, but Taz follows him and kicks the chair out of his hands. Taz then whips Gordy into the guardrail and delivers a suplex on the concrete floor. He covers Gordy for a two count.

Taz picks up Gordy and throws him back into the ring. He climbs on the apron and attempts a springboard leg drop, but Gordy moves out of the way and Taz lands hard on the mat. Gordy seizes the opportunity and hits a running powerbomb on Taz. He covers him for a near fall. Gordy then goes to the top rope and flies off with a diving elbow drop, but Taz catches him in mid-air and counters with a Tazplex. He hooks the leg for another close two count.

Taz gets up and signals for the Tazmission, his signature chokehold. He grabs Gordy from behind and locks in the hold, but Gordy fights back with elbows to the side of Taz’s head. He breaks free and hits a low blow on Taz, followed by a DDT. He covers Taz for a two count. Gordy then picks up the steel chair that he brought earlier and swings it at Taz’s head, but Taz ducks and kicks Gordy in the gut. He takes the chair from Gordy and smashes it over his head, busting him open.

Taz then drags Gordy to the corner and sets up the chair on his face. He runs to the opposite corner and charges at Gordy with a running dropkick, crushing his face with the chair. He covers Gordy for a three count and retains the FTW Championship.

Taz celebrates his victory by holding up his title belt, while Gordy lies motionless on the mat, bleeding profusely from his forehead. The crowd cheers for both men, who have put on an intense and brutal match. Taz then extends his hand to Gordy, who slowly gets up and shakes it. They hug each other and raise each other’s arms, showing respect and sportsmanship.

Winner: Taz (still FTW Champion)

NWA World Television Championship Match: 2 Cold Scorpio © vs. Billy Kidman

This is a rematch from the battle royal, where Billy Kidman eliminated 2 Cold Scorpio to win the NWA United States Championship. 2 Cold Scorpio is the flyin’ high sensation and one of the most talented wrestlers in NWA history. Billy Kidman is the kid wonder and one of the most promising wrestlers in NWA history. They have a match that is a display of aerial artistry, with both men using their agility and grace to perform amazing moves and counters. Scorpio uses his experience and charisma to challenge Kidman, while Kidman uses his determination and courage to respond to Scorpio. In the end, Scorpio hits Kidman with a 450 splash for the pinfall victory. Scorpio retains his NWA World Television Championship.

Winner : 2 Cold Scorpio (still champion)

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match: Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton vs. The Barbarian and Meng

The match is a hard-hitting affair, with both teams using their power and brawling skills to gain the advantage. The Barbarian and Meng dominate the early part of the match, using their size and strength to overpower Anderson and Eaton. They isolate Eaton in their corner and work over his back and ribs with kicks, chops, and slams. Don Callis also interferes whenever he can, choking Windham with a towel or tripping him from the outside.

Anderson tries to help his partner, but the referee keeps him at bay, allowing The Barbarian and Meng to double-team Eaton. They hit him with a double clothesline, a double suplex, and a double headbutt. They go for the pin, but Anderson breaks it up. The referee orders Anderson back to his corner, but he argues with him, giving Callis another opportunity to attack Eaton.

The Barbarian and Meng continue to punish Eaton, who shows his resilience by kicking out of several pin attempts. He manages to dodge a diving headbutt from The Barbarian and tags in Anderson, who comes in like a house of fire. He takes down both opponents with punches, elbows, and knees. He hits Meng with a spinebuster and goes for the pin, but The Barbarian breaks it up.

Eaton recovers and joins Anderson in the ring. They double-team Meng with a double DDT and then turn their attention to The Barbarian. They whip him into the ropes and hit him with a double flapjack. Anderson covers him for the pin, but Callis pulls him out of the ring. Eaton chases Callis around the ring, but Meng catches him with a kick to the face.

Meng throws Eaton back into the ring and follows him. He picks him up for a powerbomb, but Anderson hits him with a low blow from behind. He then grabs Meng’s arm and applies his signature submission hold, the armbar. Meng screams in pain and taps out.

The referee calls for the bell and raises Anderson’s hand in victory. He hands him one of the NWA World Tag Team Championship belts and goes to get the other one from Eaton. However, Eaton is still down on the mat, clutching his ribs. Anderson goes to check on him and helps him up. He gives him his belt and hugs him.

They celebrate their successful title defense as the crowd cheers them on. They leave the ring together, holding their belts high in the air. The Barbarian and Meng are left in the ring, looking frustrated and angry. Callis berates them for losing and slaps them both in the face. They glare at him, but do not retaliate.

The match ends with Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton capturing the NWA World Tag Team Championship by submission over The Barbarian & Meng in 15:32.

Winners: Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton (new NWA World Tag Team Champions)

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Ric Flair © vs. Steve Williams

This is a classic match between two of the best wrestlers in the world. Ric Flair is the master of psychology and technical wrestling, while Steve Williams is a powerhouse and a brawler. They have a long and intense match, with both men trading chops, slams, suplexes and submission holds. Flair tries to cheat and use his trademark dirty tactics, but Williams counters them with his strength and resilience. In the end, Flair manages to escape a backdrop driver and locks in the figure-four leglock on Williams, making him tap out after a long struggle. Flair retains his title, but barely.

Winner: Ric Flair (still NWA World Heavyweight Champion)

Martel v Pillman sounds like a great opener to any wrestling card.

If anyone could bring a good match out of Mongo, it'd be Benoit.

I think there was a bit of a mixup. You say the match between Scorpio and Kidman is because the latter eliminated the former in the US title battle royal, but the battle royal takes place after their match. Still congrats to both men for leaving with a title.

Looking forward to RVD challenging for the TV title.

Taz with a huge win over Bam Bam.

While it would've been cool to see the Faces of Fear get a run with the gold, I can't blame you for going with a team like The Enforcer and Beautiful Bobby. I am however shocked that Callis was able to slap both Meng and Barby and is still alive.

I don't know if Flair and Dr Death ever had a 1v1 but I'm sure Flair would've made Williams look great.

19 minutes ago, Autistic Dragon said:

Martel v Pillman sounds like a great opener to any wrestling card.

If anyone could bring a good match out of Mongo, it'd be Benoit.

I think there was a bit of a mixup. You say the match between Scorpio and Kidman is because the latter eliminated the former in the US title battle royal, but the battle royal takes place after their match. Still congrats to both men for leaving with a title.

Looking forward to RVD challenging for the TV title.

Taz with a huge win over Bam Bam.

While it would've been cool to see the Faces of Fear get a run with the gold, I can't blame you for going with a team like The Enforcer and Beautiful Bobby. I am however shocked that Callis was able to slap both Meng and Barby and is still alive.

I don't know if Flair and Dr Death ever had a 1v1 but I'm sure Flair would've made Williams look great.

Thanks for the heads-up. Fixed it!

• 2 weeks later...

NWA POWER PREVIEW

FALLOUT FROM BATTLE OF THE BELTS

After an eventful Battle of the Belts, the attention is now turned on the next episode of NWA Power. Having successfully defended his title against "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair isn't resting on his laurals as he wants to prove why he is the greatest NWA Champion ever and he'll defend his title this week against "The Franchise" Shane Douglas. Still looming over the champ's head though are the contentious relationship with his now former best friend "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson and a Loose Cannon in Brian Pillman obsessed with taking down what he believes are the resurging Four Horsemen. Can Naitch keep everyone gunning for him at bay?

NWA WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!

While 2 Cold Scorpio failed to win the NWA United States Championship, he still was able to succesfully retain the NWA World Television Championship at Battle of the Belts and on that same night, Rob Van Dam secured himself the #1 contendership to this championship by defeating Tajiri. Therefore, Rob Van Dam will have the opportunity right away to become the NWA World TV Champion as he'll take on 2 Cold Scorpio in what should be a spectacular match. Can The Whole Dam Show be stopped?

Also in action:

Terry Gordy vs Bobby Fulton

Chris Benoit vs Lance Storm

Mr. Hughes vs Brad Armstrong

The Barbarian vs Kama Mustafa