Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance (August 1996 - ????)

Perfectly Straightedge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GmKVhw.jpg

k5XVe1.jpg
4!
3!
2!
1!

BOOM!

It's Saturday Night, and you know what that means! It's time for NWA Championship Wrestling! We get an impressive video package promoting this new weekly episodic wrestling television show. The scene comes to life in this arena in Chicago, Illinois being jam-packed and sold out! The signs are out and showing their support for the return of The National Wrestling Alliance!

Od3pNe.jpg

Joey Styles opens up this edition of NWA Championship Wrestling and is exciting this card tonight. Before Joey can start going over the card for the night, he announces that for the first time, he will have someone calling the action side by side with him, and that is when the music blasts "Simply Ravishing" blasts through the speakers, and out comes Rick Rude!

lSbMsi.jpg

The crowd is loud as Rude a pose for the group. Rude looks ripped like always and like he could wrestle right now, but Rude continues over to Joey instead. The two shake hands to a loud pop from the crowd. Rude instantly starts talking about how the NWA coming back is one the most incredible nights in his life as a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion himself. He knows the title's legacy and how much these three letters mean to the fans. Joey says that The NWA will become a household name and that while he is sad that ECW ended the way it did, he can't wait to see what action The NWA can bring! Before Joey can get too far into his hyping of tonight, music hits the speakers, and these fans go wild!

NWdCy3.jpg

Oh, my lord! It's Dusty Rhodes! The American Dream is here, and these fans are cheering for him. Dusty shakes a few of the fan's hands and heads to the ring. Dusty begins cutting a promo about how great it is that the NWA is back in business. Dusty mentions that Paul Heyman and ECW were falling on hard times, but Dusty Rhodes and his investment group were there to throw out the lifeline. He says that ECW will live on as the biggest "What If" in the history of wrestling. Dusty is excited to bring tradition and honor back to the forefront. Dusty goes on for a few moments putting over all of the top superstars and how he will start tournaments to crown the champions. Dusty says to check the Wrestling Observer, where he will announce the brackets for both The NWA World Heavyweight Championship and The NWA World Tag Team Championship. Dusty goes on to say that tonight he wants to start a tradition, and one of the longest-standing traditions for the NWA was the crowning of the NWA Television Champion. Dusty, a former TV Champion in his own right, knows how unique that championship is and wants to ensure these fans that every single week, they will see the NWA Television Championship on the line in memorable 15-minute time-limit matches where the champion must defend the title. Dusty says that championship deserves to be crowned TONIGHT in a remarkable 20-man over-the-top battle royal! Dusty says the last man standing will leave Chicago with The NWA Television Championship! Before Dusty can finish his promo, the music of ECW is heard, and out from the back comes Paul Heyman! 

LYCeRL.jpg

Paul Heyman: Let's get something straight there. ECW was a victim in this whole situation, and you know it. We hung out to dry, and I did what was best for all the superstars of ECW. Dusty, you know as well as I do that I am not allowed to speak about what caused all of this to happen due to the legal ramifications of it all, but I will go ahead and tell you right now that when I signed our deal. We were to become 50/50 partners. Yet, you come out here and tell all these people how you will crown every champion in this company. I don't see how that's fair because you must run everything by me first. So, for the NWA World Title and Tag Team Titles. I will allow those tournaments, including the Television Championship Battle Royal, to be the Main Event tonight. I will also allow that, but as for your idea of elimination matches to crown a United States Champion. I am sorry, Dream. I don't see that working.

Dusty: Listen, Paul, I didn't come out here to overrule you, but you need to understand something. ECW was going out of business before that incident, and you know it. Now, as for The United States Championship. I have an idea, Paul. Since you want to be loyal to your boys and you want to put your neck out on the line. How about two weeks in the Main Event of Clash of the Champions? How about we do it like this? You handpick any superstar you want, and I will do the same thing. Next week we introduce those men, and then at Clash of the Champions, those two men will fight to become NWA United States Champions.

Paul Heyman: You know something, Dream? I never thought I would say this, but that's a great idea. Remember, though, that when my handpicked opponent kicks your ass, you don't get to scream about the injustice of it all.

Dusty: Paul, I wouldn't have it any other way!

8D5GJd.jpg8D5GJd.jpg8D5GJd.jpg

Tag Team Match
The Dudley Boys vs. Steve Rich and Mason Smith
{The Dudleys are making their first tag team debut tonight. Joey went over The Dudley family history and said that Bubba and D-Von had left The Dudley family to their own devices, and now they are on their own with their little brother Spike Dudley. The Dudleys are heels through and through. They beat the hell out of these two enhancement talents. The Dudleys say they will be a TOUGH opponent in the upcoming Tag Title Tournament! Bubba is out of the dancing phase as D-Von beats that out of him. Bubba throws Mason into a corner and splashes him with all his weight! Bubba makes a tag to D-Von, who throws Mason off the ropes before dropping him with the Cyclone Elbow! D-Von throws Mason into the corner and starts stomping away with furious kicks over and over. The referee gets involved and puts a finger in the face of D-Von but just gets shoved out of the way for his troubles. D-Von tags Bubba, who runs into the corner and shoves Steve from the Ring Apron into the BARRICADE! Bubba turns his back to Mason, who pleads for his life, but Bubba has no mercy and POWERBOMB! Bubba isn't finished as he makes a tag to D-Von! The fans are buzzing here as D-Von shoots Mason off the ropes and bends down before lifting Mason in the air for Bubba to give him a Cutter! The fans are SHOCKED! As Joey Styles begins screaming 3-D! OH MY GOD! THE 3-D! The Dudleys make the cover as the fans are in awe of that move they just made! The Dudleys have shown that they might be the team to beat in this upcoming tournament. We now head to the back, where standing by is Lee Marshall.}

m8tRjQ.jpgBcXw3I.jpg3F3XWq.jpg

Lee: Standing with me at this time is none other than the man who calls himself "The Franchise," Shane Douglas, and I can't help but see that you are not alone. Who is this with you, Shane?

Shane Douglas: This man with me is one of the premier athletes in The NWA. His name is Chris Candido, and later tonight, he will get to establish himself as one of the top Light Heavyweights when he faces Billy Kidman. Chris has been underutilized his whole career. I saw something in him, and I will make sure that with me watching his back and mine, he will be at the top of the Light Heavyweight Division, and that's a promise.

Lee: Shane, I have to ask. Just three years ago, you swore that you never wanted to be the champion of the NWA. When you throw the belt down, it's announced that you are one of the men in the tournament to crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. The question on everyone's mind is, why the change of heart?

Shane Douglas: Not one day goes by that I don't regret what I did. That NWA World Championship at the time meant nothing. The NWA had nothing going for it, no television show, no running events, but now The NWA is going to become the next force in professional wrestling, and I would be an absolute fool to stand here and say that being World Champion and holding that 10 pounds of gold means nothing. That championship is my sole focus being here. I could have taken the easy way out like so many others and taken my talents up North, down south, or hell, to the West Coast where they do blood and guts, but that's not me. I am here to show the world that I am The Franchise of The NWA. It doesn't matter who stands in my way in this upcoming tournament because they will be beaten as I stake my claim to being the next NWA World Champion.

As Shane begins ending his statement, that is when up to the scene comes "Rowdy" Roddy Piper! The legend himself walks straight up to Shane!}

HNYtof.jpg

Roddy Piper: Oh, Shane...If my ears don't deceive me. I think I heard you running your mouth of yours, saying that you were going to become the next NWA World Heavyweight Champion....well that's going to be a hard thing to do because I have decided to give myself another run, and what better place to make that run then right here in The NWA. Almost a decade ago, I gave my blood in the middle of that ring when I fought for my life against Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, and let me tell you something he didn't get that name because he is a slouch in the ring. I fought that man with everything I had and came out on top. I sacrificed everything that night in the NWA, and that's what being here is all about. What you did three years ago, Shane was a spit in the face of what I sacrificed that night. You made a mockery of my friends and myself. That doesn't sit right with me, but deep down, Shane, I know why you did. Paul Heyman and Todd Gordon left you with no choice. Throw the belt down and become The ECW Champion. Well, a lot of good that did you. ECW is now dead and buried, and you became the champion of a dead franchise.

Chris Candido: Is there a point coming in any of this?

Roddy Piper: I don't even know who you are, but I would stay out of this because this is about honor and respect. Shane, I came up to you man to man because I want you to know I don't respect you. I don't like you, and I want you to know that I am also in the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament, and my whole purpose of being in that tournament is to make sure that you don't win it. 

Shane Douglas: Well, Piper, that's awful rich coming from a man who made a living out of being the most hated man on the planet. I guess you want to leave out the part where you left the NWA high and dry for the money up north when you ran with that fossil Hulk Hogan, but we want to gloss over that since up North, you got forgotten about and became a has been. I am getting sick and tired of your old fossils coming out here and trying to take my place at the table. Well, guess what, Piper? It's 1996, and this is the year of Shane Douglas, and NOBODY will stand in my way if you want to beat me so bad. How about we go to Heyman and Dusty right now and make it official that I get you in the first round of that tournament? 

Roddy Piper: Shane...I don't play games. It's the luck of the draw. If we face each other in the first round, so be it, but I will not let you con me into anything. Everything that you want to do. I have already done it, and soon, Shane, you will learn that at the end of the day, just like everyone else. Everybody pays the Piper!

Singles Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho with Lance Storm

{This match right here is what the NWA is all about. The Lionheart Jericho emerges from the curtain with his serious tag team partner Lance Storm. Jericho slaps a few hands before entering the ring. Jericho is pacing back and forth as "Walk" blasts through the speakers, and here comes Rob Van Dam. The fans are loud in their support for this superstar that has burst onto the screen. RVD, as Joey Styles mentions he likes to be called, is singing his praises, as is Rick Rude, who says that RVD is one the most exciting superstars he has ever seen. RVD slides into the ring and plays up the crowd. Rob Van Dam starts pointing at himself as the group tells him his name! RVD and Jericho start slow as they begin doing their feel-out process on one another to test what the other is capable of. RVD is teasing his skills with his kicks as Jericho looks a little frustrated, but RVD begins getting the better of Jericho with stiff forearm shots to the corner. Jericho starts coming back with stiff chops across the chest of RVD, but that is when Jericho is able to drop Jericho with a body slam. RVD begins showing off some unique offense when he springboards off the first rope into a leg drop across the neck of Jericho for a two-count! RVD is in control here as he begins exchanging words with Storm on the outside, who is cheering on his partner. Jericho is back to his feet, and RVD is there to start trading shots, but this time Jericho throws RVD into the corner. Jericho comes charging, but RVD puts up the boot that Jericho catches and proceeds to throw the leg down and connect with a STIFF forearm shot. Jericho pushes RVD over the top rope to the ring apron, where Jericho hits the ropes and then Springboards off the middle ropes into a shoulder tackle onto RVD, and now both men are on the arena floor! Jericho is first to his feet as this crowd is going wild! Jericho picks up RVD and throws him into the ring. Jericho goes for a cover, but RVD kicks out at 1! Jericho picks up RVD onto his shoulders and places him on the top rope. Jericho follows RVD to the top and looks for a Frankensteiner, but RVD is able to counter with shots to the stomach and pushes Jericho off the buckles and onto the mat. Jericho quickly returns to his feet as RVD leaps off the top rope, but he lands over a charging. Jericho RVD does a rollback to his feet. RVD catches a charging Jericho with a leaping spin kick! Jericho is holding his face as RVD drags Jericho to the buckles. RVD is looking for the Split-Legged Moonsault! Jericho, though, is able to roll out of the way, and RVD hits nothing but the mat! Jericho senses blood in the water now as he undertook the arms of RVD and TIGER BOMB! 1......2...shoulder up RVD. Jericho can't believe it as he throws RVD into the corner and starts chopping it out of RVD. Jericho throws RVD across the ring into the buckles! RVD, though, counters Jericho and shoots him into the corner. Jericho leaps onto the middle buckles, but RVD jumps to the top rope beside Jericho. RVD is fighting for his balance, but that is when RVD leaps into the air and drops Jericho with the FLIPPING SENTON POWERBOMB! Jericho's head bounces off the mat as RVD makes the cover 1......2.....shoulder up at the last possible second! RVD is in complete shock! Jericho and RVD are both spent! They have gone non-stop for 17 minutes, and this crowd is LOVING IT! RVD picks up Jericho with an Underhook of his own, but Jericho turns it into a back body drop that RVD counters with a flip. Jericho turns around as RVD springboards into a flying Kick! Jericho is dazed as RVD climbs to the top rope! Jericho is laid out as RVD leaps off the top rope, and FROG SPLASH! 1.......2......3!!!! RVD puts away Jericho after 19 minutes! Styles and Rude love what they see from these two men! RVD is playing up the crowd as he helps Jericho to his feet. Lance Storm slides into the ring and checks on Jericho as RVD shakes hands with Jericho with a sign of sportsmanship. Jericho tells RVD that he will see him again down the road! RVD, though, leaves Jericho to soak up the adulation from the crowd.

HYPE VIDEOS OF SUPERSTARS COMING TO THE NWA!

Jake Roberts returns to the NWA to take one last bite of the competition.

Yokozuna, the largest athlete in the NWA, is coming!

The Miracle Violence Connection is coming to the NWA!

Singles Match
Chris Candido with Shane Douglas vs. Billy Kidman

{The crowd was allowed to catch their breath with those hype videos. Kidman, an unknown, is given a chance to show off some skills but doesn't get much offense in this match. He gets a few moves, but Candido though is on a mission to show off for this crowd. Candido works a powerhouse style tonight against the young rookie. Kidman, though, kicks out of a power slam from Candido. Kidman catches Candido with a dropkick before placing him on the top rope. Candido can counter The Frankensteiner when he drops Kidman with a POWERBOMB OFF THE TOP ROPE! 1....2....3!!! Candido with the HUGE Victory! Candido is making a signal for the Light Heavyweight Championship as Shane Douglas slides into the ring and raises the arm of Candido!

We get the last segment before the Main Event, and it's some promos from the following men about their chance to become the NWA Television Champion. We get promotions from the following people. 

Rick Martel

TeIUDx.jpg

Kama Mustafa

3xuK36.jpg

The Big Bossman
O5Nztc.jpg

2 Cold Scorpio
788hVw.jpg

OBhSXc.jpg

NWA World Television Championship Battle Royal
Participants: 2 Cold Scorpio, The Big Bossman, Crush, Barry Darsow, D-Lo Brown, Jesse James, Kama Mustafa, MENG, Rick Martel, Rocky Mavia, Tommy Dreamer, Mabel, Brad Armstrong, Christian Cage, Edge, Rey Mysterio Jr, Konnan, Perry Saturn, Spike Dudley, Ultimo Dragon

{The Main Event of NWA Television is this massive Battle Royal! The action is fast and furious. Of course, it's a lot of action in a battle royal, especially with this many people competing. In the early going Mabel can make his presence known when he gets a couple of eliminations of the rip when he throws Brad Armstrong over the top rope, and the same for Christian Cage when he receives a massive clothesline over the top rope. That is when the men in the match notice the main threat as Mabel. The other 17 men begin working as a team, and over the top goes MABEL! The fans are excited as the action continues through a commercial. We come back from the commercial, and the group is starting to clear, and we are down to the early teens in this match. Nothing note worthy it's a battle royal. Just a lot of near-eliminations and strikes being thrown. The biggest shock of the Battle Royal is when the blue chipper Rocky Mavia catches a dropkick on MENG that sends the man over the top rope to the floor! Rocky is watching in shock as he makes the biggest elimination of his young life! MENG, though is PISSED! The referees are trying to hold him back, but MENG is a man possessed with RAGE! Rocky Mavia has no idea! MENG breaks free and slides into the ring and SAVATE KICK! Rocky goes over the ropes as MENG follows! MENG grabs Rocky and TONGON DEATHGRIP! Rocky is FADING! MENG WON'T LET GO! Rocky is PASSED OUT! MENG finally is pulled off Rocky and dragged up the ramp, but the damage has been done! The match continued with more eliminations till finally there were 4!}

2 Cold Scorpio
The Big Bossman
Crush
Rick Martel

{Martel is fighting with The Bossman with all he has as Scorpio is in serious trouble with Crush, who just planted Scorpio in the middle of the ring with a Uranage! Bossman comes from behind Crush and goes to throw him over the top, but instead, Crush counters and sends Bossman over the top rope to the floor! Bossman is gone, and he isn't happy! Crush, though, has no idea that Martel has snuck behind and goes to throw him over the top rope, but what Martel doesn't notice is while he is fighting with Crush. 2 Cold Scorpio is back to his feet and sneaks behind them both and DUMPS THEM BOTH OVER THE TOP TO THE FLOOR! 2 Cold Scorpio has done it! Crush is PISSED as he slides back into the ring, but SUPERKICK sends Crush over the top rope AGAIN! Scorpio is celebrating as Martel is upset over this loss! Scorpio is handling the NWA World Television Championship, and he places the belt on the mat as he begins dancing, showing off his moves as the crowd celebrates with him.....

WAIT A MINUTE.....Scorpio DOESN'T NOTICE BUT 

BAM!!!!!

STEEL CHAIR TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! 

STANDING OVER THE BODY OF 2 COLD SCORPIOS IS!!!!

VP0lNU.jpg

BRIAN F'N PILLMAN IS HERE IN THE NWA!

{Pillman grabs the NWA TV Title and throws it on the chest of Scorpio! Pillman is playing up the crowd as Dusty Rhodes shows up on the ramp with security guards and tells them to go after Pillman! Dusty is PISSED as Pillman leaves through the crowd from where they came from. Rude and Styles are pushing this through the roof! What is going to happen next week? Why is Pillman here in the NWA? Styles goes over the show next week!}

GmKVhw.jpg

NEXT WEEK LIVE ON NWA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

JAKE ROBERTS IN ACTION!

SHANE DOUGLAS IN ACTION!

The Road Warriors vs. The Godwins

We will see the handpicked opponents for Clash of The Champions.

Rob Van Dam vs. Lance Storm

NWA Television Championship Match
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Crush

Impressive how quickly you were able to reboot everything with a totally different style of promotion!

I totally missed the NWA-Douglas connection at first! That's awesome. "And they can all...kiss my ass!" :lol: Shane's in a unique position stuck between the two worlds of ECW and NWA. Not sure yet who the face is in the confrontation between Douglas and Piper, but it's got me wondering where their characters are headed. 

Looks like RVD is in line for a massive push. Where's Fonzie? I thought I saw Alfonso's on your roster? 

The Dudleyz definitely needed to go over strong in a tag division with the Road Warriors and other popular teams already established.

I respect that you're building up Rocky in the TV title chase, personally I would've put the ten pounds of gold on him day one(ish)! 

That's a good way to introduce the new NWA! The Shane Douglas vs Piper feud promises to be a blockbuster. Pillman introduces himself in a predictable yet compelling way. RVD vs Chris Jericho might become the mainstay of what the NWA of the 1990s is all about. I love all the detail you put into this. Good stuff all around!

k5XVe1.jpg

4!

3!

2!

1!

BOOM!

{It's Saturday Night, and you know what that means! It's time for another edition of the red-hot show sweeping the wrestling world under its official name of NWA POWER! 

Od3pNe.jpg lSbMsi.jpg

{We cut to the commentary table where Joey Styles, the voice of the NWA, is being heard, and as always, he has "Ravishing" Rick Rude by his side! The men go over this epic card tonight. They mention that circumstances beyond their control have changed, some of the previously announced matches! Joey and Rude mention that ANYTHING can happen in the NWA! Joey mentions that next week will be The Battle of the Belts! This is where Joey and Rude break down that card, and the graphics show on the big screen.}

NWA Television Championship
2 Cold Scorpio/Crush vs. Rob Van Dam

NWA United States Championship
Dusty Rhodes's pick vs. Paul Heyman's pick

NWA Light Heavyweight Championship
Triple Threat Match

Rey Mysterio Jr vs Taka Michinoku vs Konnan

The Start of the NWA World/Tag Team Tournaments!

15 Minute Time Limit
2 Cold Scorpio (c) vs. Crush

{This match was made after last week's Battle Royal to crown the first champion, and Scorpio could outlast everyone last, eliminating Crush. This didn't sit well with the Giant Hawaii native, who issued a challenge that was instantly accepted. Scorpio is looking to make what he hopes will be the first of many defenses of the title. Crush didn't come to play, though, as he came out in the Kona Crush gear. Scorpio and Crush work a solid match. Crush can use his power to have most of the control in the early going, but Scorpio can flash that innovative offense and can take Kona Crush off his feet with a Superkick that finds its place across the jaw of Crush. Scorpio is pointing to the top rope and looking for a moonsault, but at the very last second, Crush can move out of the way, and Scorpio eats nothing but the mat. Crush is outside the ring and drags the champion out with him. The referee has started the count, but Crush doesn't care and is looking to cause pain as he smashes Scorpio's shoulder first into the steps! Crush plants Scorpio with a body slam on the arena floor with a loud THUD echoing throughout the arena. Crush picks up Scorpio as the referee reaches eight and rolls him into the ring. Passion follows by making the cover 1......2.... kick out by Scorpio! Crush is complaining about the call, saying it should have been 3! Passion picks up Scorpio and plants him with a POWERBOMB in the middle of the ring. Crush makes another cover 1......2....shoulder up by Scorpio! Crush is getting upset as the champion Scorpio is showing the heart of a champion here! Crush looks around and signals for the Cranium Crunch, but Scorpio cancan fight out and kicks Crush away before whipping him across the ropes. Crush comes off the ropes as Scorpio with a leapfrog and another leapfrog. Crush turns around and DROPKICK ACROSS THE JAW! Scorpio picks up Crush and Side Kick across the jaw, but Crush doesn't fall! Scorpio with a body slam! Scorpio makes a signal to the top rope! TUMBLEWEED! 1.....2...3!!!

Your Winner and STILL NWA Television Champion 
2 Cold Scorpio

{We cut to the back where Rocky Mavia is standing by with Lee Marshall}

EXvz8g.jpgBPE9Kw.jpg

Lee: Rocky, last week you had an excellent performance in the Battle Royal, but in the end, it wasn't meant to be when Meng set his sights on you. I have to ask Rocky, are you worried?

Rocky: Well, I would be kidding myself if I said that Meng isn't one of the scariest men to step foot inside of that ring, but I was raised that a man has to do what a man has to do. Meng, you might be intimidating to many people, but I am not one of them. I will fight with everything I have and give my all. You will know my name, Meng, and you will see that I can fight just as well as anyone.

{As Lee and Rocky speak for a couple more moments, that is when up to the scene walks this man}

vXsoIj.jpg

{As this man approaches. Rocky raises his fists and looks ready to fight, but this man has NO DESIRE to fight Rocky.}

Don Callis: I assure you, Rocky, I come here in peace. See, I am here to give you a little proposition. You have a problem, a huge problem, and if you wish to admit it or not. It's a dangerous problem that you have. Now, I know what that man Meng is capable of. You are talking about a man I saw beat up a man because the man was breathing too loud. Rocky, I don't want that for you.

Rocky: So what is that you want then?

Don Callis: I am here, Rocky, because I am the only person on the planet to get a message through to Meng. Rocky, when I look at you, I see a future NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Suppose I might be a little selfish. I see myself in you, Rocky. 

Rocky: Oh, is that so?

Don Callis: It is; we aren't that much different, Rocky. I know your family well and, more importantly, your father well, and your family would want nothing more than someone like me watching your back. I am a perfect friend to have in this business. So what do you say, Rocky? Let Don Callis watch out for you.

Rocky: Don, I appreciate the offer, but I came here alone and will show the world I have what it takes to be alone.

Don Callis: Rocky, think it over, you owe it to your.....

Rocky: Don, I told you nicely. Thanks, but no thanks, I am fine on my own!

Don Callis: Listen, you little puke! I gave you the offer of a lifetime, and you want to tell me NO! Just who in the hell do you think you are? NOBODY TELLS ME NO! You are going to pay Rocky! I promise you!

Rocky: I don't take too kindly to threats. Don, how about you walk away before I do something

*SLAP*

{DON CALLIS JUST SLAPPED ROCKY! Lee quickly gets out of the way as Rocky stares at Don, and he is PISSED! Don begins pleading and backing away from Rocky, but that is when, from behind, it's MENG!}

A3BmUW.jpg

Rocky is blasted from behind with a stiff clothesline and goes to the ground. Meng is stomping away as Callis is screaming at Rocky! Meng is like a man possessed now as he picks up Rocky and gives him a STIFF SHOT TO THE THROAT! Rocky falls over, holding his throat and gasping for air! Callis is screaming for Meng to finish the job! Rocky returns to his feet, but it's right into THE TONGON DEATHGRIP! Meng is shaking his head as The Rock is falling unconscious! Callis is grinning, and Meng is sending a message! Rocky is cold on the floor as Callis tells Meng to let go! MENG THOUGH REFUSES TO BREAK THE HOLD! Callis is now using all his might before Meng finally lets go of the hold! Rocky is in a bad way as Callis and Meng walk away!}

Tag Team Match
Miracle Violence Connection with Ted Dibiase vs. The Bellhops
{We see the debut in the NWA of Gordy and Williams, but they are not alone, as they have Ted Dibiase behind them. Dibiase has a case in his hands as these three men are on a mission to show The NWA that they are the top dogs in the Tag Division. The Bellhops are just two local jobbers. They get completely squashed as MVC is showing what they are capable of. Williams nails The Oklahoma Stampede as Gordy knocks the other bellhop off the apron with a boot across the face! MVC gets the three count and compellingly wins this match, as MVC is showing why they will be the team to beat for sure! After the match, Ted Dibiase demands a microphone!}

djYBx2.jpg

Ted Dibiase: You are looking at the next NWA World Tag Team Champions right here. See, it doesn't matter who steps into the ring. Gordy and Williams will do what I pay them to do: win matches and hurt people. Now, if you want to know what I am in the NWA for. For the past few months, I have been biding my time and waiting for the "PERFECT" opportunity, and that's precisely what I will do now. The Million Dollar Corporation is back, and it's here in the NWA. So, without any further waiting. Let me introduce all you nickel and dimers to the CROWN JEWEL of the Million Dollar Corporation; after brokering a deal with Dusty Rhodes, this man will be your NEXT NWA United States Champion….Please welcome

2pCN18.jpg

"MR.PERFECT" CURT HENNIG

{The crowd EXPLODES! Hennig comes out of the curtain with a big smile on his face. Hennig has the towel around his neck and raises it high in the air as he walks into the ring and shakes hands with Ted Dibiase and The MVC! Hennig is here in the NWA and will be competing as Dusty Rhodes pick in the NWA United States Championship, and not only that Hennig has joined forces with Ted Dibiase and his Million Dollar Corporation! The big question now is who is going to be Paul Heyman's pick!}

{We return from the commercial and see Paul Heyman standing by! Paul looks to be upset about Hennig being the pick of Dusty Rhodes. Paul Heyman sees the camera and begins speaking.}

LYCeRL.jpg

Paul Heyman: I should have known that a Rhodes could never be trusted. I always wondered how someone like Dusty Rhodes could have revived the NWA. Now, I know you exactly what happened that you whored yourself out to someone like Ted Dibiase. Dusty, I was going to pick someone I could easily control to challenge, but I now know what is happening. I think it's time we bring a little unpredictable into The NWA. Next week, Battle of the Belts! The United States Championship will be decided, and Curt Hennig will face The Loose Cannon Brian Freakin' Pillman! Dusty, you thought this was going to be easy. Well, let's see how your wrestler does going EXTREME!

Singles Match
Shane Douglas vs. Edge with Christian Cage

{Edge makes his NWA debut here. Edge is FAR from his later looks, but you can easily see a kid that does at least look like something could be there. Edge has his brother Christian behind him as the two look ready to compete in the upcoming Tag Team Tournament, but this match isn't that Shane Douglas comes out, and the heat that Shane gets is LOUD! Douglas is descending the ramp like a man on a mission. Edge and Douglas work a good match. Douglas mostly controls it, but Edge gets a few spots in and shows he has something to him. Douglas, though, is on a whole different level. Whenever Edge gets the upper hand, it's constantly ended by Douglas breaking a rule or just out wrestling the blue chipper. The finish comes when Edge catches Douglas with a high dropkick across the jaw! Douglas is dazed as Edge goes to the top rope! Edge is stunned as Douglas leaps off the top rope for a crossbody! DOUGLAS CATCHES THE EDGE WITH A BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX! Douglas hooks the leg 1….2….3!!! Shane Douglas won this match! After the match. Shane doesn't look finished as Christian checks on his brother. Shane sees his chance and jumps Christian from behind! Shane leaves the ring and goes for a steel chair! Douglas is about to make Edge and Christian pay, but the BAGPIPES BEGIN PLAYING! Here comes Piper!

5fqZKd.jpg

{Douglas swings the chair, but Piper ducks the chair and right hands to Douglas. Piper has Douglas dazed before a CLOTHESLINE OVER THE TOP ROPE! Piper is celebrating as Douglas heads up the ramp, and he is PISSED! Edge and Christian are getting back to their feet as Piper is checking up on them!}

{We come from the back, and it's The Thrillseekers Chris Jericho and Lance Storm standing by.}

BrkuZN.jpgNpUzmp.jpg

Chris Jericho: Look, Lee, last week Rob Van Dam took me to my limit, and he did beat me, but I can promise you and all those fans watching tonight. I might have lost, but The Thrillseekers didn't. Together, The Thrillseekers will never fail. RVD tonight, you step in the ring with this man (Points at Lance Storm). I can promise you this RVD. Tonight, you will never be the same again. Cause when Lance Storm beats you, he gets the shot at 2 Cold Scorpio at Battle of the Belts!

Main Event
Rob Van Dam with Bill Alfonso vs. Lance Storm with Chris Jericho

{This is one hell of a main event! Storm comes out with Jericho behind him, and the fans are going wild! The Thrillseekers have the crowd rocking, but that is when "Walk" begins playing, and here comes RVD with Bill Alfonso leading the way, blowing the whistle! The fan-favorite comes down the ramp to a massive reaction. RVD and Storm work a hard-hitting and high-impact match. RVD and Storm work like they have been in the ring against each other for years. This crowd split in the middle as Jericho and Fonzie cheer on their respective partners. RVD springboards into the ring, but Storm with a SUPERKICK! The fans EXPLODE! Storm makes the cover 1…..2…..SHOULDER UP! Storm and Jericho can't believe it! Storm is trying to figure out what it will take to put RVD down for good. Storm picks up RVD for a Powerbomb, but RVD can counter, and over-the-top rope goes Storm! RVD proceeds to vault over the top rope, and a crossbody lands right on top of Storm! RVD picks up Storm and body slams him in the middle of the arena floor! RVD picks up Storm and places him on the barricade! RVD climbs to the ring apron, and RVD leaps off the ring apron, and lands with a leg drop onto the leaned over the barricade Storm! The fans POP! RVD picks up Storm and rolls him into the ring. RVD climbs to the top rope, but when he does, Jericho grabs Storm's leg and drags him out of the ring! The fans don't like that Jericho did that, but none more than RVD, who proceeds to drop off the top rope and wants to fight more. Jericho is exchanging words with RVD as Storm gets back to his feet! Storm slides into the ring as RVD is distracted! RVD tells Jericho to screw off, which is when RVD turns around and SPRINGBOARD DROPKICK! RVD is nailed flush in the jaw! Storm makes the cover 1…….2…….SHOULDER UP! Jericho is PISSED! Fonzie blows the whistle when Storm grabs the right leg of RVD and Single Leg Crab! Storm is cranking back as far as he can, as RVD looks like he might tap out! RVD is crawling and fighting as Storm is about to beat RVD! That is until RVD GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE! Storm refuses to let go till the referee gets to 4 and finally lets go! Storm is upset and asks Jericho what to do. That is when Jericho goes after a steel chair! Fonzie is Jericho's face but gets shoved away. Jericho slides the chair into the ring as Storm picks up the chair. Storm lifts the chair off the ground, and that is when RVD HITS A VAN DAMINATOR! The fans are shocked as the referee isn't calling for the bell! Rude is THROWING a fit! Styles says it's cause Storm brought the chair in as a weapon, and technically, RVD didn't use it. It just happened to hit Storm! Jericho leaps on the apron, but RVD, with a stiff forearm shot, sends Jericho to the floor. Storm is laid on the mat as RVD leaps to the top rope! FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH! 1…..2….3!!!! Rob Van Dam wins! The fans are going CRAZY! RVD has defeated Storm! Jericho grabs his partner, and the two head up the ramp. they are upset about the loss! They pulled out all the stops, but this is RVD's night! Storm and Jericho, though, decide to storm the ring! RVD is ready to fight, though, but that is when Storm and Jericho put out their hands! They did all they could to defeat RVD, but this man is ready for anything, and all three men shake hands! The fans are celebrating, and NWA comes to a close with these three men holding the arms of RVD and Fonzie blowing his whistle!

NWA! NWA! NWA! NWA! NWA!

{We are now in the ring where Dusty Rhodes is standing by.}

NWdCy3.jpg 

Dusty Rhodes: Wow! What a night of NWA Action we have seen tonight! I am proud of the superstars and believe the NWA has never been stronger. Now, for everybody watching at home and in the building here tonight. Boy, do I have a surprise for every single person tonight! I have been on the phone, wheeling and dealing, and boy, do I have a surprise. Tonight, it's my pleasure to introduce to everyone not only the newest member of the NWA Roster but also the number 1 seed in the upcoming NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. A multi-time World Champion, A man who is considered one of the greatest to ever lace on a pair of boots. He is none other than THE MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE!

CTChBa.jpgWPs8p9.jpg

{The music hits, and out comes The Macho Man! The former WWF/WCW World Heavyweight Champion, a Former WWF IC Champion, and one of the most decorated and greatest superstars ever is not only here in The NWA, but he is here to become the NEW NWA World Champion! The Macho Man isn't alone, though; right behind him is Ms. Elizabeth! They enter the ring, and this crowd is rocking! Savage cuts a promo about how excited he is to be here in the NWA and away from that no-good Hulk Hogan who tried his best to hold The Macho Man down, but nobody has the power to hold down The Macho Madness! Savage has this crowd rocking!}

Dusty: Macho Man! My brother, it's so great to have you here. I have a question: How about next week, you compete in the first round of the NWA World Heavyweight Tournament?

Macho Man: Dusty! The American Dream, it would be a complete honor to compete for all my fans next week. So all I can say is whoever steps inside the ring with The Macho Man, you better be ready for the madness cause The Macho Man is coming to become the NWA World Heavyweight Champion! DIG IT! OOOOHHH YEAH!!!!

{The scene comes to a close with The Macho Man on the buckles posing for the crowd as Dusty Rhodes is seen clapping….suddenly though, the camera picks up, and WAIT…. THAT'S THE 1-2-3 KID! Dusty Rhodes has no idea as The Kid has come from behind and CLIPS THE KNEE OF RHODES WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

GeYZlb.jpg

{The Kid quickly bails out of the ring as Savage drops off the buckles and checks on Rhodes! Styles and Rude are going wild at the desk as Savage has left the ring and hightailed it after The Kid as the medics are checking on Rhodes! What is going on? Styles and Rude close the show, showing concern for Rhodes! What a chaotic end, but we will see you for The Battle of the Belts next week!}

*End*

The NWA Presents: Battle of the Belts I

fH2HIS.jpg

2 Cold Scorpio vs Rob Van Dam

NWA United States Championship
Curt Hennig with Ted Dibiase vs. Brian Pillman

NWA Light Heavyweight Championship
Triple Threat Match

Rey Mysterio Jr vs Taka Michinoku vs Konnan

The Start of the NWA World/Tag Team Tournaments!
1st Round of NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Kama Mustafa with D'Lo Brown

1st Round of NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament
The Eliminators vs. Brad/Jesse Armstrong
Mabel and Mark Henry vs The Thrillseekers

Too Cold Scorpio is a great choice for TV champion. His skill set guarantees an exciting match every week.

Rhodes makes the Perfect choice for the US title match but Heyman counters with a Loose Canon.

The Macho Man is in the house and has to be a favorite to hold the ten pounds of gold.

The 1-2-3 kid stuns everyone by laying out the boss on his first day!

Very complete episode and covered a lot of the featured wrestlers.

Appears that we've got 123 Kid, Meng, Hennig, MVC, Dibiase, Douglas and Pillman established on the heel side. With Kid's surprise attack on Dusty, as a reader I can't help but think Kevin Nash isn't too far behind. It leads me to wonder who "the third man" is, if such a scenario is unfolding. Will Savage turn on Dusty? 

On the babyface side, we've got Scorpio, RVD, Rocky Mavia, Piper and the Thrillseekers. Definitely fair balance between the two sides. 

Another fun episode of NWA. Great main event to close the show along with the return of Randy Savage. Curt Hennig joining the Million Dollar Corporation is huge. That stable is poised to run the NWA for years to come. Don Callis gets a lesson in how to be humble. NWA is shaping up to be one of the hottest promotions this year.

• 3 weeks later...

THIS WEEK ON NWA POWER

IN THE MAIN EVENT, THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE REUNITES; ARN ANDERSON & BOBBY EATON VS CHRIS BENOIT & SHANE DOUGLAS

With the new shakeup in the NWA, Paul E. Dangerously has wasted no time stirring the pot and taking advantage of the drama unfolding in the NWA headquarters. Paul E. has taken it upon himself - allegedly at the suggestion of color commentator Rick Rude - to reunite the Dangerous Alliance and to recapture their past glory. For this main event, Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton must fend off another former unit - this time from ECW's Triple Threat with former Horseman Chris Benoit & "The Franchise" Shane Douglas. It will be interesting to see what will unfold during this main event as we come to you from Little Rock, AR

Also on the program: 

JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Tajiri

Little Guido vs Ace Darling

+ D'Lo Brown vs Billy Kidman

Join us on NWA POWER this weekend!!!

NWA Powerrr - Wikipedia

AUGUST 17TH, 1996

LITTLE ROCK, AR

The episode kicks off with Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton walking down to the ring. They cut a promo about their upcoming match against Chris Benoit and Shane Douglas, former members of the Triple Threat. The Dangerous Alliance talk about their history with the former Triple Threat members and how they plan to teach them a lesson tonight :

Daily pro wrestling history (01/16): Anderson and Eaton win WCW World Tag  Team Titles - WON/F4W - WWE news, Pro Wrestling News, WWE Results, AEW  News, AEW results

Arn Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, you are looking at two of the Dangerous Alliance, the most dominant faction in the history of professional wrestling. We have been champions in every promotion we have ever stepped foot in, and we have beaten the best of the best. But now, we have a new challenge ahead of us. A challenge from two men who claim to be the Revolution, but are nothing more than traitors and cowards.

Bobby Eaton: That’s right, Arn. Chris Benoit and Shane Douglas, you two have made a big mistake by calling us out. You think you can come to NWA Power and take our spot? You think you can disrespect the legacy of the NWA and the Dangerous Alliance? You think you can match our skill, our experience, our chemistry? Well, you are sadly mistaken, boys. Because we are going to teach you a lesson in respect and humility.

Arn Anderson: You see, Benoit and Douglas, you may have some talent, but you lack something very important. Something that we have in abundance. Something that makes us the Dangerous Alliance. And that is loyalty. Loyalty to each other, loyalty to our partners, loyalty to our fans, and loyalty to the NWA. You two have betrayed everyone who ever trusted you or supported you. You turned your back on WCW, on ECW, on the Triple Threat, on the Four Horsemen, on the fans. You have no honor, no integrity, no heart.

Bobby Eaton: And that is why you will never be able to beat us. Because we are more than just a tag team. We are a family. We are brothers in arms. We are the Dangerous Alliance. And we will enforce our will on you tonight on NWA Power. We will show you why we are the best tag team in the world today. We will show you why we are the next NWA World Tag Team Champions. And we will show you why you don’t mess with the Dangerous Alliance.

Arn Anderson: So get ready, Benoit and Douglas. Get ready for the fight of your lives. Get ready for the pain and the punishment that awaits you. Get ready for the Dangerous Alliance. Because when we get in that ring with you, it’s going to be nothing but trouble for you!

Chavo Guerrero - The Official Wrestling MuseumYoshihiro Tajiri

Match #1 : Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Tajiri

The match starts with both men locking up in the center of the ring. Chavo gains the upper hand with a headlock, but Tajiri pushes him off and hits a dropkick. Tajiri follows up with some kicks to Chavo’s legs and chest, then whips him into the ropes. Chavo ducks a clothesline and comes back with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Chavo covers Tajiri for a two count.

Chavo then applies a chinlock on Tajiri, trying to wear him down. Tajiri fights back with some elbows to Chavo’s ribs, then breaks free with a jawbreaker. Tajiri runs to the ropes and hits a springboard moonsault on Chavo for a near fall. Tajiri then goes for a buzzsaw kick, but Chavo ducks and rolls him up for a two count. Chavo then hits a suplex and goes to the top rope. He attempts a frog splash, but Tajiri moves out of the way and Chavo crashes on the mat.

Tajiri gets up and waits for Chavo to stand. He then hits a kick to Chavo’s head, followed by a shining wizard. He covers Chavo for another close two count. Tajiri then signals for the end and locks in the tarantula on Chavo, making him scream in pain. The referee counts to four and forces Tajiri to break the hold. Tajiri then goes for another buzzsaw kick, but Chavo catches his leg and spins him around. He then hits a Gory Bomb on Tajiri and covers him for a three count.

However, as Chavo celebrates his victory, the referee notices that Tajiri’s foot was on the bottom rope during the pinfall. He restarts the match and tells Chavo to continue. Chavo is furious and argues with the referee, allowing Tajiri to recover. Tajiri then spits green mist into Chavo’s eyes, blinding him. He then hits another buzzsaw kick on Chavo and covers him for the three count

Winner: Tajiri

Nunzio – Online World of WrestlingECWA Heavyweight Title

MATCH #2 : Little Guido vs Ace Darling

The bell rings and the two wrestlers lock up in the center of the ring. Little Guido gains the advantage with a headlock, but Ace Darling pushes him off and hits a dropkick. Ace Darling follows up with a series of punches and kicks, sending Little Guido to the corner. He charges at him, but Little Guido moves out of the way and Ace Darling crashes into the turnbuckle. Little Guido then hits a running bulldog and goes for the cover, but Ace Darling kicks out at two.

Little Guido picks up Ace Darling and whips him to the ropes, but Ace Darling reverses it and catches Little Guido with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. He then grabs a steel chair from under the ring and smashes it over Little Guido’s back. He covers him again, but Little Guido kicks out at two. Ace Darling gets frustrated and sets up the chair in the middle of the ring. He lifts Little Guido up for a powerbomb, but Little Guido counters with a hurricanrana, sending Ace Darling face-first into the chair. Little Guido then hits a Sicilian Slice (leg drop bulldog) on Ace Darling and pins him for the three count.

Winner: Little Guido

D'Lo Brown - WikipediaBilly Kidman - The Official Wrestling Museum

Match #3 : D’Lo Brown vs Billy Kidman

The match starts with both men exchanging some fast-paced moves and counters, showcasing their agility and athleticism. D’Lo gains the upper hand with a powerbomb and a leg drop, then taunts the crowd and Konnan, who is watching from ringside. Kidman fights back with a dropkick and a hurricanrana, then goes for the Shooting Star Press, his finishing move. However, D’Lo rolls out of the way and hits Kidman with a low blow behind the referee’s back. He then sets up Kidman for the Sky High, his own finisher, but Kidman reverses it into a sunset flip and pins D’Lo for the three count. The crowd cheers as Kidman celebrates his victory, while D’Lo is furious and argues with the referee. Konnan enters the ring and raises Kidman’s hand, then challenges him to a friendly handshake. Kidman accepts and they shake hands, showing respect for each other

Winner: Billy Kidman

7bd7ee27d7f4d91bca0eed14dca16e97.jpg21c73965e22632261f657c7bcb4a5424.jpg.2908135102404f43d89af0169afe4ed4.jpg

MAIN EVENT, Match #4 : The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson & Beautiful Bobby Eaton) vs Chris Benoit & Shane Douglas

As the bell rings, Anderson and Benoit start the match, exchanging technical holds and counters. Anderson, with his years of experience, tries to ground and wear down Benoit, but the "Crippler" fights back, showcasing his strength and agility. The crowd erupts as Benoit tags in Douglas, who immediately takes control of the match with his high-flying maneuvers.

Eaton tries to intervene and tip the scales in his team's favor, but Douglas's lightning-quick offense keeps him at bay. The match reaches its peak when all four competitors are inside the ring, trading blows in an explosive display of athleticism and intensity.

Suddenly, the crowd's cheers turn to boos as the Nature Boy, Ric Flair, storms down the ramp. His presence alone distracts the referee, allowing him to interfere without immediate consequences. Flair, known for his dirty tactics and allegiance to Anderson, seizes the opportunity to assist The Dangerous Alliance.

With the referee occupied, Flair viciously assaults Douglas, leveling him with a steel chair shot. The crowd erupts in anger and frustration, knowing that their beloved team is being robbed of a fair opportunity. Despite the interference, Benoit shows incredible resilience, rallying against both Anderson and Eaton.

As chaos ensues in and out of the ring, the referee finally notices the heinous attack by Flair, who is promptly ejected from ringside. However, the damage has already been done as Douglas struggles to regain his bearings.

Anderson and Eaton rally, targeting Douglas's weakened state, but Benoit resiliently fights on, refusing to let his team be defeated. Just as Anderson attempts his signature spinebuster, Douglas musters every last ounce of strength to counter, slipping out of Anderson's grasp and executing a picture-perfect belly-to-belly suplex.

With the crowd rallying behind them, Benoit and Douglas go for the pinfall, but as the referee's hand is about to hit the mat for the three-count, Eaton re-enters the ring, attacking both Benoit and Douglas with a steel chair. The referee has no choice but to call for the disqualification, robbing Benoit and Douglas of the victory they rightfully deserve. Ric Flair, who had stayed in the entryway despite being ejected, slides in the ring, grabs the chair from Eaton’s hands and starts pummeling Benoit and Douglas with it. Flair throws the chair outside the ring and asks for the mic.

Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) / X

Ric Flair : WOOOOOOO! YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I’M THE NATURE BOY! AND FOR WAY TOO LONG, I HAVE LET PEOPLE LIKE CHRIS BENOIT AND SHANE DOUGLAS THINK THAT THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! YOU DON’T TRY TO STEP OUTSIDE THE SHADOW OF A 13-TIME HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD; YOU JUST SHUT UP AND LIVE IN IT! MARK MY WORDS; AND THIS IS ALSO GOING TO DUSTY RHODES AND PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY OR PAUL HEYMAN OR WHATEVER HE CALLS HIMSELF; RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN! YOU’RE LOOKING AT THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE GAME AND I’M TAKING WHAT’S MINE AND THAT IS THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! LEARN TO LOVE IT, LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT. DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER AND SO IS THE NATURE BOY! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Winners: Chris Benoit & Shane Douglas by DQ

The episode ends with Flair standing tall in the ring, holding up his steel chair as boos rain down on him from the crowd.

BREAKING NEWS

RIC FLAIR, CHRIS BENOIT AND SHANE DOUGLAS TO BATTLE IT OUT FOR THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT WEEK!

With the events that transpired at the end of the last episode of NWA Power, the NWA Board of Directors wasted no time into making sure that this doesn't devolve into something more dangerous. Despite the previous announcement of a tournament to crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion, following the last moments of NWA Power, it was instead decided to hold a 3-Way Dance on the next episode of NWA Power with a new champion being crowned at the end of the night. It will be interesting to see how will react "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson, following this announcement as no one has really been able to come into contact with him. Who will seize the opportunity and become champion? Tune in this week on NWA Power!

Also in action:

Kendall Windham vs Little Guido

Ace Darling & Brian Pillman vs The Harris Brothers

911 vs Doug Gilbert

And more!

NWA Powerrr - Wikipedia

AUGUST 24TH, 1996

TOPEKA, KS

The show opens with Joey Styles and Mike Tenay hyping up the main event for the night, a triple threat match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship between Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, and Shane Douglas. As they discuss the match, they are interrupted by the arrival of Bobby Eaton, who announces that he wants a shot at the title as well.

Joey Styles: Hello, everyone, and welcome to another edition of NWA Power! I’m Joey Styles, and I’m joined by my colleague Mike Tenay, and we have a huge announcement for you tonight!

Mike Tenay: That’s right, Joey. As you know, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is currently vacant, after the controversial ending of the title match between Dan Severn and Shinya Hashimoto at the Tokyo Dome last month

Joey Styles: And we have just learned that the NWA Board of Directors has decided to hold a Triple Threat Match right here tonight after the events of last week between « The Nature Boy » Ric Flair, « The Crippler » Chris Benoit and « The Franchise » Shane Douglas.

Mike Tenay: And what a lineup we have for tonight’s show as well, Joey. Some of the biggest names in wrestling today will compete tonight on this broadcast. We will have in action 911 vs Doug Gilbert, plus a tag match between the team of Ace Darling & Brian Pillman vs The Harris Twins and in just a few moments, in our opening contest; Kendall Windham will square off against Little Guido

Joey Styles: And I’m just being told, we have one more announcement to make. The NWA Board of Directors has granted a special invitation to one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time, a man who has never held a singles title in his illustrious career, but who has proven himself time and time again as a true competitor and a fan favorite. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton!

Bobby Eaton Death - Wrestler Deaths

Bobby Eaton: Thank you, Joey. Thank you, Mike. And thank you to all the fans here in Topeka and around the world. You know, I’ve been in this business for over 20 years, and I’ve had the honor of teaming up with some of the best partners in history. I’ve been part of The Midnight Express, The Dangerous Alliance, The Blue Bloods, and many more. I’ve won countless tag team titles and accolades, and I’m proud of everything I’ve accomplished.

Mike Tenay: And you should be proud, Bobby. You are widely regarded as one of the most skilled and respected wrestlers in the industry. But what made you decide to want this title shot? What made you want to pursue the NWA World Heavyweight Championship?

Bobby Eaton: Well, Mike, it’s simple. I love wrestling. I love this sport more than anything else in the world. And I’ve always wanted to test myself against the best of the best. And there’s no bigger challenge than competing for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. This title has been held by some of the greatest wrestlers who ever lived: Lou Thesz, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, just to name a few. And I want to be part of that legacy. I want to prove to myself and to everyone else that I can be a world champion.

Joey Styles: Well, Bobby, you certainly have a lot of courage and determination. But you also have a lot of tough opponents ahead of you. Do you have any idea when you will call your shot?

Bobby Eaton: No, I don’t, Joey. But it doesn’t matter to me who it is. It could be anyone from this promotion or anyone from anywhere else in the world. It could be someone I’ve faced before or someone I’ve never met before. It could be someone I respect or someone I despise. It doesn’t matter to me one bit. Because whoever it is, they’re going to get the fight of their life from me.

Mike Tenay: Well, Bobby, we wish you all the best in this tournament. And we thank you for joining us here tonight.

Bobby Eaton: Thank you very much.

(As the interview is wrapping up, Paul E. Dangerously, headset around his neck walks in the camera shot. Joey Styles rolls his eyes while Mike Tenay & Bobby Eaton seem to be taken aback a bit.)

Paul E. Dangerously : Now excuse me to interrupt but I had to. Bobby, I truly appreciate your commitment and your enthusiasm over the possibility of getting a shot at whoever wins the NWA World Heavyweight Championship tonight but let’s think this through, shall we? I am fully aware that the Board of Directors were well intended into extending that invitation for you to challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship but they didn’t think this through. We’ve known each other for years, Bobby. We won tag team gold together, you, me and Double A. Now you wouldn’t want to walk into a title match with the champion thinking you didn’t earn this opportunity right? (Eaton nods but seems annoyed anyway) Far from me the idea of saying that you’re not worthy of this opportunity. You are the most underappreciated talent I’ve ever had the privilege to work with. And you deserve the world and beyond. However, it would only be fair to hold tonight a proper #1 contender’s match. Let’s say against….D’Lo Brown. Right here tonight. Eaton vs D’Lo. Winner is #1 contender and gets an opportunity at the champion. Maybe Battle of the Belts! What do you say?

Bobby Eaton : Whatever, Paul E. You’re gonna do it anyway so let’s get this over with.

Paul E. Dangerously : Wonderful! Thank you for your time, gentlemen and have a great show!

(Paul E. walks off, putting his headset, shouting orders at the technical crew in the production truck)

Joey Styles : Of course, Paul E. taking the opportunity, knowing that Dusty Rhodes isn’t here this week to throw his weight around. Either way, not only we’ll crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion tonight but we’ll find out who will challenge him in the near future as well. But with that said, we have some action coming up so let’s get started!

BIO/Profil Kendall WindhamNunzio – Online World of Wrestling

Match 1: Kendal Windham (w/Barry Windham) vs. Little Guido (w/Louie Spiccoli & Virgil)

The match starts with Windham using his size and power advantage to overpower Guido, tossing him around the ring with ease. Guido tries to use his speed and technical skills to counter, but Windham catches him with a big boot and a clothesline. Windham goes for a pin, but Guido kicks out at two.

Windham continues to dominate Guido, hitting him with a suplex and a backbreaker. He then locks in a bear hug, squeezing the air out of Guido. Guido refuses to give up, and manages to bite Windham’s ear to escape. He then hits Windham with a low blow and a dropkick, sending him to the corner.

Guido follows up with a series of kicks and chops, stunning Windham. He then climbs to the top rope and hits a flying crossbody, but Windham rolls through and pins Guido for a near fall. Guido kicks out and rolls out of the ring, where he is met by Spiccoli and Virgil, who give him some encouragement.

Windham follows Guido outside the ring, but Spiccoli and Virgil distract him, allowing Guido to hit him with a chair shot behind the referee’s back. Guido then rolls Windham back into the ring and covers him for another near fall. Windham kicks out and fights back, hitting Guido with a DDT and a leg drop.

Windham signals for the end, and lifts Guido up for a powerbomb. However, Spiccoli and Virgil interfere again, pulling Guido’s legs and causing him to fall on top of Windham. The referee counts one, two, but Windham kicks out at the last second.

Windham is furious, and gets up to confront Spiccoli and Virgil. He punches Spiccoli off the apron, but Virgil grabs his leg and trips him. Guido takes advantage of the situation, and hits Windham with a Sicilian Slice (a diving leg drop bulldog). He covers Windham for the win, but Barry Windham pulls the referee out of the ring before he can count three.

Barry then enters the ring and attacks Guido, hitting him with a big right hand. He then helps his brother up, and they double-team Guido with a double clothesline. Barry then holds Guido in place, while Kendall hits him with a lariat. Kendall covers Guido again, and Barry pushes the referee back into the ring to make the count. The referee counts one, two, three, and awards the match to Kendall Windham.

Styles: What a travesty! Kendall Windham just stole this match from Little Guido with the help of his brother! The FBI were robbed!

Winner: Kendall Windham

ECWA Heavyweight TitleBRIAN PILLMAN | mike's collectionWhatever Happened To The Harris Twins? | Ring the Damn Bell

Match 2: Ace Darling and Brian Pillman vs. The Harris Brothers (w/Don Callis)

The match begins with Darling and Don Harris locking up. Darling uses his speed and agility to outwrestle Don, hitting him with dropkicks and arm drags. Don tags in Ron, who tries to overpower Darling with his size and strength. Darling manages to escape Ron’s grasp and tags in Pillman, who unleashes a flurry of punches and kicks on Ron. Pillman then hits Ron with a flying clothesline, sending him to the outside. Pillman follows him with a suicide dive, but Ron catches him in mid-air and slams him on the concrete floor.

Callis distracts the referee, allowing Don to join his brother and double-team Pillman on the outside. They throw Pillman into the steel guardrail, then into the ring post. They roll him back into the ring and continue to beat him down with stomps and elbows. They isolate Pillman from his partner, cutting off the ring and making frequent tags. They target Pillman’s injured ankle, twisting it and stomping on it. They also use cheap shots and illegal tactics, such as choking Pillman with the tag rope or raking his eyes.

Pillman tries to fight back, but he is outnumbered and outmatched. He suffers a lot of punishment, but he refuses to give up or stay down. He shows his toughness and resilience, kicking out of every pin attempt and enduring every submission hold. The fans rally behind him, chanting his name and cheering him on.

Darling waits patiently on the apron, hoping for a tag. He tries to encourage Pillman and reach out for him, but he is too far away. He also tries to interfere when the Harris Twins cheat, but he is stopped by the referee or Callis.

After several minutes of domination by the Harris Twins, Pillman finally sees an opening when Ron misses a big boot in the corner. Pillman crawls towards his corner, but Don grabs his leg and pulls him back. Pillman kicks Don away with his good leg, then dives towards Darling and makes the tag.

Darling enters the ring like a house of fire, taking down both Harris Twins with clotheslines and dropkicks. He hits Don with a DDT, then hits Ron with a superkick. He covers Ron for the pin, but Don breaks it up. Darling fights off Don, then goes to the top rope and hits a moonsault on Ron. He covers him again, but Callis pulls the referee out of the ring.

Darling gets up and confronts Callis, who tries to hit him with a chair. Darling ducks and grabs the chair from Cornette, then swings it at him. Callis dodges and runs away, but Darling chases him around the ring.

Meanwhile, Pillman gets back on his feet and joins the fray. He attacks Don with a chop block to his knee, then locks him in a figure-four leglock. Don screams in pain and taps out, but there is no referee to see it.

Ron sees this and goes to help his brother, but he is met by a flying forearm from Darling, who has returned to the ring after chasing Callis away. Darling covers Ron for the pin, while Pillman keeps Don in the leglock.

The referee gets back in the ring and counts to three, giving the win to Ace Darling & Brian Pillman.

The fans erupt in cheers as Darling & Pillman celebrate their victory. They hug each other and raise their arms in triumph. They also acknowledge the fans’ support and thank them for their loyalty.

Winners: Ace Darling and Brian Pillman

Tombstone (911 from ECW) vs. Roadblock (02 15 1997 WCW Saturday Night) -  YouTubeDoug Gilbert

Match 3: 911 vs. Doug Gilbert – No DQ, Referee : Bill Alfonso

The match starts with Gilbert attacking 911 from behind with a steel chair, trying to take advantage of the no disqualification rule. He hits 911 several times on the back and head, but 911 does not go down. He turns around and grabs Gilbert by the throat, lifting him up for a chokeslam. Gilbert manages to escape by poking 911 in the eye, then runs to the ropes and hits a clothesline. He covers 911 for a pin, but 911 kicks out at one.

Gilbert gets frustrated and goes outside the ring, looking for more weapons. He finds a table and sets it up near the ring apron. He also grabs a kendo stick and a trash can lid. He throws the kendo stick and the trash can lid into the ring, then tries to pull 911 out of the ring. However, 911 fights back and punches Gilbert in the face, sending him crashing through the table.

The crowd cheers as 911 gets out of the ring and picks up Gilbert. He tosses him back into the ring and follows him. He picks up the kendo stick and swings it at Gilbert, but Gilbert ducks and hits a low blow on 911. He then grabs the trash can lid and smashes it on 911’s head, making him bleed. He covers 911 again, but 911 kicks out at two.

Gilbert argues with Alfonso, claiming it was a slow count. He pushes Alfonso, who pushes him back. Gilbert gets angry and shoves Alfonso again, but this time Alfonso falls down and hits his head on the bottom turnbuckle. He is knocked out.

Gilbert sees this as an opportunity and goes outside the ring again. He finds a pair of handcuffs and a lighter. He returns to the ring and tries to handcuff 911 to the ropes, but 911 resists. They struggle for a while, until Gilbert manages to handcuff one of 911’s wrists to the top rope. He then lights the lighter and tries to burn 911’s face with it.

The crowd boos as Gilbert tortures 911 with the flame. 911 screams in pain and tries to free himself, but he can’t. Gilbert laughs maniacally and taunts 911, saying he is going to end his career.

Suddenly, Taz appears on the entrance ramp. He runs towards the ring with a steel chair in his hand. He slides into the ring and hits Gilbert with the chair, knocking him down. He then frees 911 from the handcuffs and helps him up.

Gilbert gets up and sees Taz and 911 staring at him. He looks scared and tries to escape, but Taz and 911 catch him. They double-team him with punches and kicks, then throw him into the ropes. Taz hits a T-Bone Tazplex on Gilbert, with 911 picking him up afterward and hitting a chokeslam on him.

They cover Gilbert together for a pin, while another referee comes to the ring and counts to three.

Winner: 911

Bobby Eaton Death - Wrestler DeathsD'Lo Brown - Wikipedia

Match 4: Bobby Eaton vs. D-Lo Brown

The match starts with a respectful handshake, as both men show mutual admiration for each other. They lock up and exchange holds, trying to gain an advantage. Eaton uses his technical skills and experience to counter Brown’s power and agility. Brown surprises Eaton with a dropkick, sending him to the outside. Brown follows up with a plancha over the top rope, 

landing on Eaton. He rolls him back into the ring and goes for a cover, but Eaton kicks out at two.

Brown stays on the attack, hitting Eaton with a series of punches and kicks. He whips him into the ropes and attempts a clothesline, but Eaton ducks and hits a neckbreaker. He covers Brown, but only gets a two count. He then climbs to the top rope and goes for his signature Alabama Jam leg drop, but Brown moves out of the way at the last second. Eaton crashes hard on the mat, clutching his leg in pain.

Brown sees an opportunity and targets Eaton’s injured leg. He stomps on it repeatedly, then applies a figure four leglock. Eaton screams in agony, but refuses to give up. He manages to reverse the pressure, forcing Brown to break the hold. Both men struggle to get up, limping on their legs.

They trade punches in the middle of the ring, with neither man backing down. Brown gains the upper hand and hits Eaton with a DDT. He then signals for his finisher, the Lo Down frog splash. He climbs to the top rope and leaps off, but Eaton rolls out of the way at the last moment. Brown lands hard on his chest, gasping for air.

Eaton crawls over to Brown and covers him, hooking his leg. The referee counts one, two, but Brown barely gets his shoulder up before three. Eaton can’t believe it and argues with the referee. He then picks up Brown and sets him up for a piledriver, but Brown counters with a back body drop. He quickly gets up and hits Eaton with a Sky High sitout spinebuster. He covers him and gets the three count.

The bell rings and Brown celebrates his victory. He is announced as the new number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. He helps Eaton up and raises his hand in respect. They hug and congratulate each other on a great match. The crowd gives them a standing ovation as they leave the ring together.

Winner: D-Lo Brown

Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) / X21c73965e22632261f657c7bcb4a5424.jpg.2908135102404f43d89af0169afe4ed4.jpg

Main Event: Triple Threat Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Ric Flair vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shane Douglas

As the bell rings, Flair, Benoit, and Douglas circle each other warily, knowing that this match could make or break their careers. Flair, the experienced veteran, relies on his technical skills and cunning to try and maintain control. Meanwhile, Benoit's intensity and hard-hitting style make him a formidable opponent, while Douglas, known for his high-flying moves, looks to use his agility and speed to gain an advantage.

The match unfolds with each competitor showcasing their repertoire of moves. Benoit impresses with his various suplexes, including German suplexes that send his opponents crashing into the mat. Douglas, using his acrobatic moves, displays an array of impressive aerial maneuvers, thrilling the crowd with his agility. However, Flair's experience shines through as he counters their every move, demonstrating his mastery of submissions and mat-based wrestling.

As the match reaches its climax, Flair, with blood running down his face, summons his trademark resilience. With the crowd rallying behind him, he delivers his signature move, the Figure-Four Leg Lock, on Shane Douglas. In a moment of desperation, Benoit executes a diving headbutt onto Flair, breaking the submission hold and saving Douglas from defeat.

The three competitors continue to battle it out, each hitting their respective finishers in succession, but none able to secure the decisive pinfall. As the match nears its hour mark, Flair digs deep, channeling his experience and decades of championship success. He manages to deliver a powerful chop to Benoit, rendering him momentarily incapacitated. Ric Flair capitalizes on this opportunity, applying the Figure-Four Leg Lock once again, latching it tightly onto Benoit.

Unable to escape, Benoit ultimately succumbs to the excruciating pain, succumbing to Flair's Figure-Four Leg Lock. The referee counts to three, signaling the end of the match and declaring Ric Flair as the winner, successfully capturing the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Winner: Ric Flair

As the show goes off the air, Flair celebrates his victory, but is interrupted by the arrival of Arn Anderson who challenges him to a match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at the next episode of NWA Power.

Arn Anderson (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

Arn Anderson: Ric Flair, you may be the Nature Boy, but you’re not the real World Champion. You see, you just beat two of the toughest men in this business, Chris Benoit and Shane Douglas, in a triple threat match to win the vacant NWA World Heavyweight Championship. And yes, you did it fair and square, without any help from anyone. Unlike usually when you always needed the Horsemen to bail you out of trouble. Well, guess what, Ric? Next week on NWA Power, you’re not going to have any friends by your side. It’s going to be just you and me, one on one, for the most prestigious title in wrestling history. And I’m going to prove to the whole world that I’m not just your enforcer, I’m your better. I’m the man who can outwrestle you, outfight you, and outsmart you. I’m the man who can pin you with the spinebuster or make you tap to the armbar. I’m the man who can end your reign of terror and your legacy of lies. I’m the man who can take your spot as the leader of this industry and the face of NWA. Ric Flair, next week on NWA Power, you’re going to find out why they call me Double A. And you’re going to hear these words from Gary Michael Cappetta: “And new NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Arn Anderson!” Wooo!

The show goes off the air as Ric Flair stares Arn Anderson in disbelief, while Arn motions for the championship belt.

The Windhams vs The FBI could be a fun tag feud.

Pillman & Darling outlast the big Harris boys.

Gilbert shows why he's known in some circles as "Dangerous" Doug by trying to light 911 on fire! Thankfully Taz was on hand.

Great job hyping the NWA World Heavyweight Title throughout the show. Shame Arn & Bobby aren't sticking together but at least their both in the title picture. I'm curious to see how #1 contender D-Lo reacts to Double A cutting in line to get the first shot at Ric next week.

NWA POWER PREVIEW

DAMAGE CONTROL

When the last episode of NWA Power went off the air, "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson had just challenged new NWA World Heavyweight Champion and best friend "Nature Boy" Ric Flair to a championship match for the next episode of NWA Power. While it got all the wrestling fans excited about that optic, the same couldn't be said for Paul E. Dangerously, who was seen panicking backstage as the show went off the air. But it seems that for all the scrambling that he's had to do, it all paid off as now, according to various speculations in the NWA headquarters, Paul E. has been able to call the match off. He even tried to smooth things over by trying to convince Arn Anderson to team with his fellow Dangerous Alliance member "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair in a 6-men tag match against Chris Benoit, Brian Pillman & Shane Douglas for the next episode of Power instead. However, it has been made crystal clear by Arn Anderson that he wants no part of it until he gets his shot at Ric Flair. So with that said, Paul E. had to find another partner for Flair & Eaton and it's a rather unusual name that has stepped up to the plate; a former foe of Bobby Eaton in former Fantastic Bobby Fulton. It seems like Fulton realized the opportunity presented to him as he'll make his return to NWA TV in that match. Can that unusual trio survive against a rather well-oiled machine of Benoit/Pillman/Douglas?

Also in action for next episode:

The Barbarian vs Ace Darling

Billy Kidman vs "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Little Guido in Junior Heavyweight action

Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy vs Konnan

+ a special announcement regarding the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship by "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes!!!

NWA is rolling now that they've got all their ducks in a row and the roster is starting to click.

Smart booking having the sole focus on the world title with the TV champion previously determined. I've found myself having to stretch out a tournament because there's a lot to establish at the beginning for the new readers. 

There's shades of grey happening so far that I'm liking. Anderson and Eaton never really got sustained singles pushes and we're able to explore that possibility. 

The_logo_for_NWA_Power.jpg

AUGUST 31st, 1996

DOVER, NH

(The show starts with a visual of Dusty Rhodes, sitting behind the desk of his office, probably somewhere in Texas, as he's about to deliver an announcement)

Dusty Rhodes: Hello, wrestling fans! This is Dusty Rhodes, the American Dream, and the president of the National Wrestling Alliance. I’m here to announce a historic event that will take place at the NWA Battle of the Belts on September 28th, 1996. As you all know, the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship is currently vacant, after all the recent changes that had come in the NWA. It is now a new era in the National Wrestling Alliance and therefore, we need a new champion to represent the NWA and the United States of America.

That’s why I have decided to hold a 2-ring battle royale for the vacant title, featuring 40 of the best wrestlers in the world. The rules are simple: 40 men will start in 2 rings, 20 in each. The only way to eliminate someone is to throw them over the top rope and both feet touch the floor. The last man standing will be crowned the new NWA United States Heavyweight Champion.

But that’s not all. I have also invited some special guests to participate in this battle royale. Some of them are legends of the sport, some of them are rising stars, and some of them are surprises that you won’t believe until you see them. I won’t reveal their names right now, but I can assure you that they will make this battle royale one of the most exciting and unpredictable matches in wrestling history.

So don’t miss this opportunity to witness history in the making. Tune in to NWA Battle of the Belts on September 28th, and watch as 40 men fight for glory and honor in the ring. Who will be the next NWA United States Heavyweight Champion? Find out at NWA Battle of the Belts!

Match 1: The Barbarian vs. Ace Darling

The bell rings and the two wrestlers lock up. The Barbarian overpowers Darling and pushes him to the corner. He delivers a series of chops and punches to the chest and face of Darling, who tries to fight back but is overwhelmed by the brute force of The Barbarian. The Barbarian whips Darling to the opposite corner and charges at him, but Darling dodges and rolls him up for a quick pin attempt. The Barbarian kicks out at one and gets up angrily. He grabs Darling by the throat and lifts him up for a choke slam, but Darling counters with a kick to the groin. He then hits The Barbarian with a dropkick that sends him to the ropes. Darling runs to the ropes and leaps over them, hitting The Barbarian with a suicide dive on the outside.

Darling gets up and celebrates with the crowd, who cheer for him. He picks up The Barbarian and throws him back into the ring. He climbs to the top rope and waits for The Barbarian to get up. He jumps off and attempts a flying crossbody, but The Barbarian catches him in mid-air and slams him down with a powerslam. He covers Darling for the pin, but Darling kicks out at two. The Barbarian gets up and stomps on Darling’s chest and head. He picks him up and hits him with a suplex, followed by an elbow drop. He covers Darling again, but Darling kicks out at two again. The Barbarian looks frustrated and argues with the referee. He picks up Darling again and sets him up for a piledriver, but Darling reverses it into a back body drop. He then hits The Barbarian with a DDT and covers him for the pin, but The Barbarian kicks out at two.

Darling gets up and signals for his finisher, the Ace Crusher (a cutter). He waits for The Barbarian to get up and grabs his head, but The Barbarian pushes him away and hits him with a big boot to the face. He then picks up Darling and hits him with his finisher, the Kick of Fear (a thrust kick). He covers Darling for the pin and gets the three count.

The referee raises The Barbarian’s hand as the winner, while Don Callis joins him in the ring and raises his other hand. They celebrate their victory, while Darling lies motionless on the mat. Suddenly, Arn Anderson’s music hits 2 and he comes out from the back with a microphone in his hand. He walks down the ramp and stares at The Barbarian, who looks confused.

Anderson: Cut the music! Cut the music! I’ve got something to say to you, big man. You think you’re tough? You think you’re impressive? You think you’re a horseman? Well, let me tell you something, pal. You’re nothing but a cheap imitation of me! You’re nothing but a wannabe Arn Anderson!

The crowd boos Anderson, who ignores them.

Anderson: You see, I’m the original enforcer of this business. I’m the man who made this sport what it is today. I’m the man who broke bones, spilled blood, and won championships all over the world. And I’m not going to let some no-name knockoff like you take my spot!

The crowd cheers for The Barbarian, who looks angry.

Anderson: So here’s what I’m going to do. Since I apparently can’t get my hands on Ric Flair, I’m going to challenge you to a match at Battle of the Belts instead, where I’m going to teach you a lesson in respect. I’m going to show you why I’m still the best damn wrestler in this company. And I’m going to make you regret ever stepping into my ring!

The crowd chants “Arn sucks!” as Anderson drops the microphone and enters the ring. He stares at The Barbarian face to face, while Don Callis tries to calm down his client. Anderson extends his hand for a handshake, but The Barbarian slaps it away and pushes Anderson to the ropes. Anderson bounces back and swings at The Barbarian, but The Barbarian ducks and hits him with another Kick of Fear that knocks Anderson out cold.

The crowd erupts as The Barbarian stands over Anderson’s body and raises his arms in triumph. Don Callis joins him in celebration, while Darling rolls out of the ring and walks away in pain. The segment ends with The Barbarian looking dominant and Anderson lying unconscious on the mat.

Winner: The Barbarian

Match 2: Billy Kidman vs. Steve Williams

The bell rings, signaling the start of the match. Kidman wastes no time, utilizing his agility to evade Williams' early power moves. The young high-flyer leaps across the ring ropes, delivering a flurry of quick strikes to keep Williams off balance.

However, as the match progresses, Williams begins to showcase his remarkable strength and resilience. He counters Kidman's high-flying maneuvers with powerful throws and holds. Williams controls the match with his ground-and-pound strategy, using his brute force and technical prowess to wear down Kidman.

Despite Kidman's relentless spirit and determination, Williams unleashes a devastating powerbomb that shakes the entire ring, leaving Kidman nearly unconscious. Williams capitalizes on this, pinning Kidman for the three-count, asserting himself as the dominant force in the ring.

Winner: "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

After Williams emerges victorious, the crowd erupts with mixed reactions, respecting his undeniable strength while simultaneously expressing their sympathy for the valiant effort shown by Kidman. As Williams celebrates his hard-fought win, the arena suddenly goes dark.

The music of Taz begins to play, creating an electric atmosphere. The crowd roars with anticipation as Taz steps out, staring Williams down with an intense gaze. He wears his trademark orange & black singlet and sunglasses, and he’s accompanied by Bill Alfonso.

Taz: You know, I’ve been hearing a lot of talk lately about this so-called "Dr. Death" Steve Williams. They say he’s a legend, they say he’s a champion, they say he’s a badass. Well, let me tell you something, Dr. Death. You ain’t nothing but a washed-up has-been who’s living in the past. You think you’re tough because you played football and wrestled in college? You think you’re the best because you won some titles in Japan and WCW? You think you’re the man because you beat up some nobodies in the UWF and the USWA? Well, guess what, Dr. Death? You ain’t seen nothing yet.

You see, I’m Taz, the Human Suplex Machine. And I’m here to show you what real wrestling is all about. I’m here to show you what real pain is all about. I’m here to show you what real fear is all about. Because when you step into the ring with me, Dr. Death, you’re stepping into the ring with the most dangerous man in the business. You’re stepping into the ring with a man who can break your bones, choke you out, or knock you out with one move. You’re stepping into the ring with a man who doesn’t care about your reputation, your history, or your legacy. You’re stepping into the ring with a man who only cares about one thing: beating you.

So, Dr. Death, if you have any guts left in that old body of yours, if you have any pride left in that big head of yours, if you have any respect left for yourself and for this sport, then I challenge you to face me next week on NWA Power. I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is and prove to me and to everyone else that you still have what it takes to be a wrestler. I challenge you to accept my challenge and face me in a match that will test your skills, your strength, and your will.

But be warned, Dr. Death. If you accept my challenge, then you better be ready for the fight of your life. Because I’m not going to hold back, I’m not going to show mercy, and I’m not going to stop until I make you tap out or pass out. And when it’s all said and done, when I’m standing over your broken body with my hand raised in victory, then you’ll know why they call me Taz. And you’ll know why they call me…the FTW Champion.

So what do you say, Dr. Death? Are you man enough to face me? Or are you just another coward who’s afraid of the Tazmission? The choice is yours, Dr. Death. But choose wisely. Because if you choose to face me, then there’s only one thing left for me to say: Beat me if you can…survive if I let you!

The segment ends with both competitors locked in a tense stare-down, leaving the fans eagerly awaiting their showdown in the following week's episode of NWA Power.)

Match 3: Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Little Guido

The match starts with a handshake, as both men show respect for each other. They exchange some technical moves and counters, trying to gain the upper hand. Chavo shows his agility and speed, while Little Guido shows his toughness and resilience. The crowd is impressed by their skills and cheers for both of them.

The match becomes more intense, as both men hit some high-impact moves and near-falls. Chavo hits a tornado DDT, but Little Guido kicks out at two. Little Guido hits a Sicilian Slice, but Chavo kicks out at two. They trade some chops and punches, until Chavo gains the advantage with a dropkick.

Chavo climbs to the top rope, looking for a frog splash, his uncle’s signature move. However, as he is about to jump, Rick Martel runs to the ring and pushes him off the turnbuckle. The referee does not see this interference, as he is distracted by Vincent who tries to stop Martel from entering the ring.

Little Guido takes advantage of the situation and rolls up Chavo for the pin. The referee turns around and counts to three, giving Little Guido the victory. The crowd boos Martel for costing Chavo the match, while Little Guido celebrates with Vincent.

Little Guido then helps Chavo to his feet and raises his hand, showing respect and sportsmanship. Chavo accepts the gesture and hugs Little Guido, as they receive a standing ovation from the crowd. Martel retreats to the back, while staff members are running to the ring to check on Chavo Guerrero

Winner: Little Guido

Match 4: Terry Gordy vs. Konnan

The bell rings, and both competitors lock eyes, knowing the significance of this encounter. Konnan, known for his technical prowess and unrelenting tenacity, takes an early advantage, showcasing his impressive agility and speed. He delivers a series of lightning-fast strikes, trying to wear down Gordy's defenses.

However, Terry Gordy, a true powerhouse, refuses to back down. He absorbs the punishment and starts to unleash his own array of devastating maneuvers. Gordy's brute strength is on full display as he tosses Konnan around the ring like a ragdoll, showcasing his dominance.

As the match progresses, the intensity reaches its peak. Both competitors trade blows and near-falls, captivating the audience with their hard-hitting style. Gordy's raw power clashes against Konnan's resilience, creating an unforgettable spectacle.

Finally, Gordy seizes a moment of opportunity. As Konnan attempts a high-risk maneuver from the top rope, Gordy catches him mid-air and delivers a bone-crunching powerbomb. The impact echoes throughout the arena, leaving Konnan barely conscious.

Gordy seizes the chance and capitalizes on Konnan's weakened state. He transitions into his finishing move, the devastating "Bombs Away" splash, crushing Konnan underneath him with immense force. The referee counts 1-2-3, declaring Terry Gordy the victorious winner of the match.

As Gordy celebrates his hard-fought victory, the atmosphere in the arena suddenly changes. A hush falls over the crowd as Meng's music hits. Meng, a fierce competitor known for his intensity and no-nonsense attitude, storms to the ring, conveying his displeasure with Gordy's win.

Both men lock eyes, the ring seemingly unable to contain their intense energy. Meng enters the ring and confronts Gordy, their faces a mere few inches apart. The tension is palpable, and the crowd is left in awe of this confrontational display.

For what seems like an eternity, Meng and Gordy stare each other down, their eyes burning with intensity. The arena becomes a powder keg, awaiting the spark that will ignite this explosive encounter in the future.

With the confrontation concluded, Meng slowly exits the ring, leaving Gordy to celebrate his victory amidst the lingering threat that hangs in the air. The wrestling world eagerly awaits the inevitable collision between these two formidable forces.

Winner: Terry Gordy

Main Event: Chris Benoit, Brian Pillman, and Shane Douglas vs. Ric Flair, Bobby Eaton, and Bobby Fulton

The match starts with Benoit and Eaton locking up in the middle of the ring. Benoit gains the upper hand with his technical skills and chops Eaton hard in the chest. He tags in Pillman, who continues to work on Eaton’s arm. Pillman taunts Flair, who is on the apron, by doing his signature strut and wooing. Flair gets angry and tries to get in the ring, but the referee stops him. Pillman then tags in Douglas, who hits Eaton with a snap suplex and covers him for a two count.

Eaton manages to tag in Fulton, who tries to take down Douglas with a series of dropkicks. Fulton runs the ropes and attempts a crossbody, but Douglas catches him and slams him down. Douglas then tags in Benoit, who hits Fulton with a backbreaker and goes for the diving headbutt. However, Flair gets off the apron and pushes Benoit off the top rope, causing him to crash on the mat. Flair then gets in the ring and stomps on Benoit, while the referee is distracted by Pillman and Eaton fighting on the outside.

Flair tags in himself and applies the figure-four leglock on Benoit, while grabbing the ropes for extra leverage. Benoit screams in pain, but refuses to give up. Pillman tries to break up the hold, but Fulton stops him with a clothesline. The referee finally sees Flair cheating and forces him to break the hold. Flair argues with the referee, while Benoit crawls to his corner and tags in Douglas.

Douglas comes in with a burst of energy and takes down Flair with a clothesline. He then knocks down Eaton and Fulton with a double clothesline. He whips Flair into the corner and follows him with a running forearm smash. He then sets up Flair for the belly-to-belly suplex, but Flair rakes his eyes and escapes. Flair chops Douglas in the chest and Douglas staggers into the corner and strikes Eaton in the face with his elbow. Flair then goes for a vertical suplex, but Douglas reverses it into a small package with Flair being able to generate enough momentum to get back on top for a pinning position. However, still groggy from the Douglas elbow, Eaton gets the ring and pushes Douglas over Flair while the referee is busy with Benoit & Pillman fighting with Fulton outside and Douglas pins Flair for a three count.

The bell rings and Douglas celebrates with Benoit and Pillman, while Flair is shocked by the loss. Eaton and Fulton try to console Flair, but he pushes them away and blames them for costing him the match. He then slaps Eaton across the face and shoves him out of the ring. He then does the same to Fulton, who lands on top of Eaton on the floor. Flair then grabs a microphone.

Ric Flair : You know, I’ve been traveling all over the world, defending this NWA World Heavyweight Championship against the best of the best. But you know what? I’m sick and tired of carrying dead weight like Bobby Eaton and Bobby Fulton. Or better yet, that so-called new #1 contender D-Lo Brown, but they’re nothing but a couple of pathetic losers who can’t even lace up my boots. They think they can challenge me for my title at Battle of the Belts? Well, they’re in for a rude awakening, because I’m going to show them why I’m the Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game, and the greatest wrestler of all time. Woo!

You see, I don’t care who you are, where you come from, or what you’ve done. You can be from England, Japan, Puerto Rico, or even Canada. You can be a former champion, a current champion, or a future champion. You can be a legend, a superstar, or a rookie. It doesn’t matter to me, because when you step into the ring with me, you’re stepping into my world. And in my world, there’s only one rule: to be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. And I’m the man!

So D-Lo Brown or whoever will be my next challenger, you better get ready for the fight of your lives. Because at Battle of the Belts, I’m going to make you scream, I’m going to make you bleed, and I’m going to make you beg for mercy. And when it’s all said and done, I’m going to walk out with this gold around my waist and this smile on my face. And you’re going to walk out with nothing but bruises, scars, and regrets. Because diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair!

He then throws down the microphone and leaves the ring alone, while Benoit, Pillman and Douglas mock him from inside as the show goes off the air.

Dusty with a big announcement, 40 men fighting in 2 rings for the United States Championship.

I understand Arn being frustrated not getting his match with Flair but picking a fight with the Barbarian probably isn't the best answer.

Dr Death vs Taz would be awesome to see.

Martel screws Chavo without laying a finger on him. I'm noticing an unexpected amount of hugging in the NWA.

Gordy grounds Konnan but can he survive Meng?

Leave it to naitch to eat the pin but still close the show by talking shit. His match with D-Lo should be fun.

Good job with this show, it was very enjoyable tor read. The 40-man battle royal sounds like it will be a lot of fun with some surprises in store.

Dr. Death vs Billy Kidman is a fun matchup! A Taz vs Dr. Death feud could be a blockbuster.

Surprising win for Benoit, Douglas, and Pillman over Team Flair. That pinfall Douglas scored over the Nature Boy is sure to pay some dividends in the future.