Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance (August 1996 - ????)

Perfectly Straightedge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The_logo_for_NWA_Power.jpg

NWA POWER

OCTOBER 5TH, 1996

STOCKTON, CA

Match 1: Terry Gordy vs. Bobby Fulton

The match starts with both men trading punches and kicks in the middle of the ring. Gordy gains the upper hand with his power and size, and tosses Fulton around like a ragdoll. He hits him with a big boot, a clothesline, and a body slam. He then goes for his signature move, the powerbomb, but Fulton counters with a hurricanrana and sends Gordy to the outside. Fulton follows him with a suicide dive and continues to attack him on the floor. He slams Gordy’s head into the steel steps, the ring post, and the barricade. He then grabs a steel chair and swings it at Gordy, but Gordy ducks and the chair hits the referee instead, knocking him out.

Gordy takes advantage of the situation and low blows Fulton. He then grabs the chair and hits Fulton in the head, busting him open. He rolls him back into the ring and covers him, but there is no referee to count. Gordy gets frustrated and goes outside to revive the referee. He drags him back into the ring and covers Fulton again, but Fulton kicks out at two. Gordy argues with the referee and then picks up Fulton for another powerbomb. However, as he lifts him up, Fulton grabs his head and hits him with a DDT. Both men are down and the crowd is cheering.

Fulton crawls to the corner and climbs to the top rope. He waits for Gordy to get up and then leaps off with a flying crossbody. He hits Gordy in mid-air and both men crash to the mat. Fulton hooks Gordy’s leg and the referee counts: one, two, three! The bell rings and Fulton has won the match! The crowd erupts in cheers as Fulton celebrates his victory. He holds his hands in the air, while blood drips from his forehead. He then points at Gordy and taunts him, saying that he is the better man.

However, as he does so, he does not notice that Gordy has gotten up behind him. Gordy grabs him by the hair and pulls him back. He then hits him with a vicious powerbomb that makes Fulton bounce off the mat. Gordy stands over him and spits on him. He then grabs his leather belt and smashes it on Fulton’s face, breaking his nose. He then throws the belt on top of him and leaves the ring. He walks up the ramp with a smirk on his face, while Fulton lies motionless in the ring.

The announcers are shocked by what they have just witnessed. They say that Gordy has shown no respect for Fulton, and that he has ruined what should have been a great moment for Fulton. They wonder if anyone can stop Gordy’s reign of terror, or if he will ever get his comeuppance.

Winner : Bobby Fulton

Match 2: Chris Benoit vs. Lance Storm

The match was a technical showcase, as both men displayed their skills and counters. Benoit used his power and aggression, while Storm relied on his speed and agility. They traded holds and strikes, trying to gain an advantage over each other. The crowd was divided, as some cheered for Benoit and some for Storm. The match was fast-paced and intense, with neither man willing to give up.

The turning point came when Benoit attempted a diving headbutt from the top rope, but Storm moved out of the way. Storm then hit Benoit with a superkick, followed by a springboard moonsault for a near fall. Storm then locked in the Canadian Maple Leaf, a single-leg Boston crab, and tried to make Benoit submit. Benoit endured the pain and crawled to the ropes, forcing Storm to break the hold. Storm then tried to hit another superkick, but Benoit ducked and caught him in the Crippler Crossface, a crossface armbar. Storm struggled to escape, but Benoit tightened his grip and made him tap out.

The match ended in 18 minutes and 37 seconds, with Benoit being declared the winner by submission The crowd gave both men a standing ovation for their performance. Benoit and Storm shook hands and hugged after the match, showing respect for each other. They then left the ring together, as the fans chanted "NWA! NWA! NWA!"

Winner : Chris Benoit

Match 3: Mr. Hughes vs. Brad Armstrong

The bell rings and the two wrestlers lock up. Mr. Hughes uses his size and strength to overpower Armstrong and pushes him into the corner. He delivers some punches and chops to Armstrong’s chest, then whips him to the opposite corner. He charges at Armstrong, but Armstrong dodges and hits Hughes with a dropkick. Hughes staggers back and Armstrong follows up with another dropkick that sends Hughes to the mat. Armstrong goes for the cover, but Hughes kicks out at two.

Armstrong tries to keep the momentum going and applies a headlock on Hughes. Hughes struggles to get out of the hold, but Armstrong tightens his grip. Hughes manages to get to his feet and lifts Armstrong up for a back suplex, but Armstrong flips over and lands on his feet behind Hughes. He quickly rolls up Hughes for a pin attempt, but Hughes kicks out again.

Armstrong gets up and runs to the ropes, but Ted Dibiase trips him from the outside. The referee sees this and warns Dibiase to stay away from the action. Armstrong gets up and glares at Dibiase but this gives Hughes enough time to recover and hit Armstrong from behind with a clothesline. Hughes then picks up Armstrong and slams him down with a body slam. He follows up with a leg drop and covers Armstrong, but Armstrong kicks out at two.

Hughes gets frustrated and argues with the referee about the count. He then picks up Armstrong again and tries to hit him with a powerbomb, but Armstrong counters with a hurricanrana that sends Hughes flying across the ring. Armstrong gets up and hits Hughes with a flying forearm smash that knocks him down again. He then climbs to the top rope and signals for his finisher, the missile dropkick.

However, as he is about to jump, Dibiase pushes him off the rope and causes him to fall hard on the mat. The referee does not see this as he is distracted by Hughes getting up. Hughes sees Armstrong lying on the mat and smiles. He walks over to him and grabs his neck. He then lifts him up and hits him with his finisher, the spike (a choke slam). He covers Armstrong and hooks the leg. The referee counts one, two, three. The bell rings and Hughes is declared the winner.

Hughes celebrates his victory with Dibiase as they leave the ring. Armstrong is left lying on the mat, holding his neck in pain. The fans boo loudly at the result of the match, which was tainted by Hart’s interference.

Winner : Mr. Hughes

Match 4: The Barbarian vs. Kama Mustafa

In this clash of the titans, two of the biggest and strongest wrestlers on the roster face off. The Barbarian and Kama Mustafa trade blows back and forth, with neither man able to gain the upper hand. However, in a shocking turn of events, The Barbarian manages to catch Kama Mustafa off guard with a surprise slam, pinning him for the win.

Winner : The Barbarian

Match 5: Rob Van Dam vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (NWA World Television Championship)

The match starts with both men exchanging some fast-paced moves and counters, showing off their agility and athleticism. Scorpio hits a dropkick, a leg lariat, and a moonsault for a near fall. Van Dam responds with a spinning heel kick, a springboard crossbody, and a split-legged moonsault for a two count. The crowd is cheering for both men, chanting “ECW! ECW! ECW!”

The match continues with both men trading some high-risk maneuvers and near falls. Scorpio hits a corkscrew plancha to the outside, followed by a slingshot somersault leg drop for another near fall. Van Dam hits a diving leg drop from the apron, followed by a rolling thunder for a two count. Scorpio hits a superkick, followed by a 450 splash for another near fall. Van Dam hits a Van Daminator, followed by a five-star frog splash for a two count.

The match reaches its climax as both men are exhausted and battered. Scorpio goes for another 450 splash, but Van Dam rolls out of the way. Van Dam then hits another Van Daminator, followed by another five-star frog splash. He covers Scorpio and gets the three count. The referee raises his hand and hands him the NWA World Television Championship belt. The crowd gives both men a standing ovation, chanting “This is awesome! This is awesome!”

Rob Van Dam celebrates his victory, while Scorpio shows his respect by shaking his hand and raising his arm. The two men hug and leave the ring together, as the fans applaud their performance.

Winner : Rob Van Dam (new NWA World Television Champion)

Main Event: Ric Flair vs. Shane Douglas

Finally, we have the main event of the evening, as two of the most charismatic wrestlers in the business face off. Ric Flair and Shane Douglas have a storied history, and the tension between them is palpable as they enter the ring. The match is back and forth, with both men hitting their signature moves and trading near-falls. In the end, however, it's Flair who manages to cinch in the Figure Four Leglock, forcing Douglas to submit. The Nature Boy struts around the ring, soaking in the adulation of the crowd, as another successful episode of NWA Power comes to a close.

Winner : Ric Flair

NWA POWER PREVIEW

D-LO BROWN FINALLY GETS HIS TITLE MATCH

In the premiere episode of the new era of the NWA, D-Lo Brown was able to secure himself a title shot against NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair by defeating "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, who was also vying for an opportunity at the champ. More than a month after earning that opportunity, it's this week that D-Lo gets his opportunity and one has to wonder how D-Lo is gonna fare on such a big stage in a match of this magnitude. Is the champ distracted by his ongoing issues with "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson and how will this come into play?

SPEAKING OF THE ENFORCER....

While he didn't get his hands on The Nature Boy, Arn Anderson still got some gold at Battle of the Belts as he and Bobby Eaton captured the NWA World Tag Team Championship vs The Faces of Fear. But this seemingly hasn't deterred Double A from his objective of getting *that* match with the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. In the meantime, he'll have to go one-on-one with Chris Benoit, someone with whom he has a rich history with. Can Arn Anderson continue his path towards a title match?

ALSO ON NWA POWER THIS WEEK

NWA World Tag Team Champion "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton vs Little Guido

Crush vs Rick Martel

Konnan vs FTW Champion Taz

++ more!

Another great episode of NWA Power. Benoit and Storm put on a potential classic and Ric Flair and Shane Douglas have a good main event. Bobby Fulton beats Terry Gordy but Gordy makes sure Fulton pays for it. Gordy might think his time is coming to an end and is desperately trying to cling on to relevance. Rob Van Dam and 2 Cold Scorpio have a great match as well.

D-Lo-Brown vs Ric Flair should be interesting.

NWA POWER

OCTOBER 12TH, 1996

HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM, NEW YORK CITY

The episode begins with the commentary team of Joey Styles and Mike Tenay hyping up the night's matches. The camera then goes to the ring as "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton makes his entrance for his match against Little Guido from the Full Blooded Italians.

Match 1: Bobby Eaton vs. Little Guido

The match had several near falls and interference from both sides, with Anderson, Smith, and Rich getting involved in the action. At one point, Guido hit Eaton with a Sicilian Slice (a diving leg drop) from the top rope, but Eaton kicked out at two. Eaton then hit Guido with a swinging neckbreaker, but Guido kicked out at two as well. The match continued with both men trading blows and moves, until Eaton caught Guido with a surprise Alabama Jam (a diving leg drop from the top rope) for the pinfall victory.

Winner: Bobby Eaton

Backstage, Crush is shown warming up as he prepares to face Rick Martel in singles action.

Match 2: Crush vs. Rick Martel

The match started with Crush overpowering Martel with his strength and size advantage. He tossed Martel around the ring and hit him with several power moves, such as a military press slam, a backbreaker, and a tilt-a-whirl slam. Martel tried to fight back with his speed and agility, but Crush caught him in mid-air and slammed him down. Crush then applied a head vice on Martel, squeezing his skull with his massive hands.

Martel managed to escape the hold by poking Crush’s eyes, which enraged the Hawaiian giant. Martel then used his cunning and experience to gain the upper hand. He targeted Crush’s legs with kicks, stomps, and dropkicks. He also used the ropes and the ring apron to choke and whip Crush. He then locked in a figure-four leglock on Crush, hoping to make him submit or weaken his legs for his finishing move, the Boston crab.

Crush refused to give up and used his power to reverse the pressure of the hold. He then reached the ropes to break the hold. Martel continued to work on Crush’s legs, but Crush fought back with punches and chops. He then hit Martel with a big boot and a clothesline that sent him over the top rope to the floor.

Crush followed Martel outside the ring and threw him into the steel steps. He then rolled him back into the ring and climbed to the top rope. He attempted a flying headbutt, but Martel moved out of the way at the last second. Martel then quickly applied the Boston crab on Crush, who was in the center of the ring.

Crush screamed in pain as Martel wrenched his back and legs. He tried to crawl to the ropes, but Martel pulled him back. It looked like Crush was about to tap out, but Ron Harris distracted the referee by getting on the apron. Don Harris then slid into the ring and kicked Martel in the face, breaking the hold. Don Callis then handed Crush a bottle of Arrogance, which he sprayed in Martel’s eyes while the referee was still busy with Ron Harris

Martel staggered around the ring, blinded by the perfume. Crush then grabbed him by the throat and lifted him up for his finishing move, the Kona Crush (a two-handed chokeslam). He slammed Martel down hard and pinned him for the three count.

The referee turned around and counted the pinfall, unaware of what had happened. Crush celebrated his victory with his apparent new teammates, while Martel writhed on the mat, clutching his eyes.

Joey Styles and Mike Tenay criticized Crush for cheating and using Arrogance against Martel. They also wondered if anyone could stop this newly-formed alliance from dominating the NWA.

Winner: Crush

The scene is the Hammerstein Ballroom, where Crush is standing in the ring with a microphone in his hand. He looks angry and confident as he speaks to the camera.

Crush: You know, ever since I came back to the NWA, I’ve been looking for a challenge. A real challenge. Someone who can stand toe to toe with me and give me a fight. But all I see is a bunch of weaklings, cowards, and losers who are afraid of me. Afraid of the power of Crush!

He flexes his muscles and roars.

Crush: I don’t care who you are, what you’ve done, or where you come from. If you think you have what it takes to face me, then come on out and prove it. I’ll crush you like a bug and make you regret ever stepping into this ring with me.

He points at the camera.

Crush: You hear me? Anybody! Anybody who wants a piece of Crush, come on out right now and face me. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple dare you. Because nobody can beat me. Nobody can stop me. Nobody can survive the power of Crush!

He drops the microphone and leaves backstage

Arn Anderson stands in front of a NWA Power backdrop, holding a microphone. He looks serious and confident.

Anderson: You know, I’ve been in this business for a long time. I’ve seen a lot of things, and I’ve done a lot of things. But there’s one thing that I’ve always wanted to do, and that’s to face Chris Benoit in a one-on-one match. And now, thanks to the NWA, I’m going to get that chance.

Anderson: Chris Benoit and I have a long history together. We were both members of the Four Horsemen, the greatest faction in wrestling history. We traveled the world together, we fought side by side, we bled together, we won championships together. We were brothers. But we were also competitors. We always pushed each other to be better, to be the best. We had a mutual respect and admiration for each other.

Anderson: But somewhere along the way, something changed. Benoit started to lose his focus, his edge, his loyalty. He started to listen to the wrong people, to follow the wrong path. He turned his back on me, on the Horsemen, on everything we stood for. He became a traitor, a rebel, a renegade. He became an enemy.

Anderson: And now he wants to prove himself against me. He wants to show the world that he’s better than me, that he’s the best technical wrestler in the business, that he’s the real enforcer. Well, let me tell you something, Benoit. You may be good, you may be great, but you’re not me. You’re not Arn Anderson.

Anderson: You see, I don’t need fancy moves or flashy skills to beat you. I don’t need to fly off the ropes or dive through the air to hurt you. I don’t need to make you tap out or knock you out to finish you. All I need is my brain and my fists. All I need is my experience and my instinct. All I need is my heart and my guts.

Anderson: Because I’m not just a wrestler, I’m a fighter. I’m not just a performer, I’m a warrior. I’m not just a legend, I’m an icon. And I’m not just your friend, I’m your nightmare.

Anderson: So get ready, Benoit. Get ready for the toughest match of your life. Get ready for the biggest challenge of your career. Get ready for the final chapter of our story. Get ready for Arn Anderson.

Anderson: Because this is it, Benoit. This is our moment of truth. This is our time to shine. This is our chance to settle the score once and for all.

Anderson: And when it’s all said and done, when the dust settles and the smoke clears, when the bell rings and the crowd cheers, there will be only one man standing in that ring.

Anderson: And his name will be Arn Anderson.

Anderson: The Enforcer.

Anderson drops the microphone and walks away.

Match 3: Arn Anderson vs. Chris Benoit

As the bell rings, Anderson and Benoit lock eyes, showing mutual respect before engaging in a collar and elbow tie-up. They trade grappling holds and reversals, each attempting to outwit the other. The match remains evenly contested for several minutes, with neither competitor gaining a clear advantage.

Anderson, known as "The Enforcer," recognizes that he needs to use his experience to tilt the odds in his favor. He starts targeting Benoit's arm, aiming to weaken him and potentially set up his signature move, the spinebuster.

Using calculated strikes, armlocks, and key counters, Anderson methodically breaks down Benoit's offense. However, Benoit's resilience and high-energy style keep him in the game. The match intensifies as both men start pushing their physical limits, showcasing their enduring athleticism.

Towards the climax, Benoit attempts a high-risk maneuver from the top rope, attacking Anderson with a diving headbutt. However, Anderson manages to roll out of harm's way just in time, leaving Benoit crashing into the canvas. This creates an opportunity for Anderson to take control of the match.

Seizing the moment, Anderson quickly capitalizes and hits his patented spinebuster with precision. The crowd erupts as the referee counts to three, declaring Arn Anderson the victor.

Winner: Arn Anderson

Konnan: Yo, yo, yo, what’s up, NWA fans? This is Konnan, the Mexican sensation, the Latino Hulk Hogan, the man who can do it all in the ring. And I’m here to tell you that I’m ready for the biggest challenge of my career. I’m talking about Taz, the human suplex machine, the man who can break your bones with his Tazmission. He’s one of the toughest wrestlers in the business, and he’s coming for me on NWA Power. But guess what, Taz? I’m not afraid of you. I’m not intimidated by your reputation. I’m not impressed by your skills. Because I’ve been training hard, harder than ever before. I’ve been working on my strength, my speed, my endurance, my technique. I’ve been studying your moves, your weaknesses, your habits. I’ve been preparing for this match like it’s the last match of my life. Because I know that this is my opportunity to prove myself to the world. To show everyone that I’m not just a flash in the pan, a one-hit wonder, a novelty act. No, I’m a serious competitor, a world-class athlete, a future champion. And I’m going to prove it by beating you, Taz. By outwrestling you, outsmarting you, outlasting you. By making you tap out to my Tequila Sunrise submission hold. By making you feel the pain that only I can inflict. By making you respect me as a wrestler and as a man. So get ready, Taz. Get ready for the fight of your life. Get ready for the most intense, most brutal, most exciting match you’ve ever had. Get ready for Konnan vs Taz on NWA Power. Because it’s going to be a war. A war that only one of us will survive. And that one is me. Konnan. Orale!

Match 4: Konnan vs. Taz

The match starts with both competitors circling each other, looking for an opening. Konnan uses his lucha libre skills, employing quick aerial maneuvers to catch Taz off guard. However, Taz, renowned for his grappling ability, counters with his technical prowess, using a mixture of submission holds and suplexes to mount his offense.

As the match progresses, Konnan's high-flying style keeps him in the game, utilizing his agility to maintain control. He executes several high-risk moves, such as a springboard leg drop and a tope con hilo, keeping Taz on the defensive.

Taz, known for his resilience, absorbs the punishment and starts to showcase his brutal power moves. He delivers a devastating T-Bone Tazplex, followed by a stiff clothesline, bringing the momentum in his favor.

Sensing the match slipping away, Konnan attempts a comeback, but Taz maintains his dominance, wearing down his opponent with stiff strikes and ground-and-pound tactics, leaving Konnan reeling.

Finally, Taz locks in his signature Tazmission submission hold, wrenching back on Konnan's neck and applying pressure. Despite Konnan's valiant effort to fight back, he eventually succumbs to the relentless hold, unable to escape.

Winner: Taz

In the main event of the night, Ric Flair is shown making his entrance, much to the delight of the crowd. His opponent for the night is none other than D-Lo Brown

Match 5: Ric Flair vs. D-Lo Brown (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)

As the crowd roars with excitement, the iconic music of Ric Flair begins playing throughout the arena. "The Nature Boy" struts down the ramp, adorned in his signature robe, exuding confidence with every step. The crowd's thunderous cheers mix with a few "Woooo!" chants as Flair enters the ring.

Next, the electrifying entrance music of D-Lo Brown echoes through the arena. The crowd erupts with boos as D-Lo stomps down the ramp, showcasing his tough demeanor. Entering the ring, D-Lo smirks, showing no signs of intimidation.

The bell rings, and the match begins with both competitors circling each other cautiously. Flair takes an early advantage, using his technical prowess to execute a series of well-crafted holds and submissions, targeting D-Lo’s arm. "The Nature Boy" flaunts his experience, frustrating D-Lo with his ring awareness.

D-Lo, known for his hard-hitting style, gathers momentum and fights back. He unleashes a relentless series of strikes, targeting Flair's midsection. The crowd watches in awe as D-Lo dishes out his thunderous offense, but Flair manages to weather the storm.

Midway through the match, Flair's resiliency starts paying off. He capitalizes on a momentary lapse by D-Lo, expertly countering with a surprise low blow followed by a quick roll-up pin. The referee counts 1...2...3, and the arena erupts in disbelief!

Winner: Ric Flair

After the match, Flair cuts a promo in which he talks about how he's still the best wrestler in the world, and that he's proven it by beating one of the toughest wrestlers in the business in D-Lo Brown.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it's time to witness the true essence of wrestling greatness! Wooooo!

For those who may have doubted, for those who may have questioned, allow me, the Nature Boy Ric Flair, to remind you all why I am and forever will be the unparalleled, undisputed, and unequivocal best wrestler in the world! The one and only stylin' and profilin' jet-flyin', wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun!

In this historic year of 1996, on the grand stage of NWA Power, I stand before you, with sweat glistening off my chiseled physique, to boast about my recent conquest...the dismantling of the ferocious D-Lo Brown! Wooooo!

D-Lo, don't you dare overlook the impact this win has. You see, every time I step onto that canvas, I bring with me an unmatched intensity, honed over decades of relentless pursuit of excellence. I've conquered every territory, faced every legend, and left a trail of broken dreams in my wake. There's no doubt, no question, that the Nature Boy is still the man to beat.

D-Lo thought he had what it takes to go toe-to-toe with the Nature Boy. He thought he had the audacity to challenge the stylin', profilin', limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun! But oh, how he underestimated the cunning, the experience, and the sheer brilliance of the dirtiest player in the game!

D-Lo Brown, you may be tough, but you will never possess the innate ability, the finesse, or the raw talent that courses through my veins. I am the personification of wrestling mastery, the embodiment of everything this industry reveres. Legends are molded by the blood, sweat, and tears that we pour into this ring, not by catchphrases or flashy stunts.

So, D-Lo, while you're busy nursing your wounds, licking your wounds, and questioning your place in the pecking order, I'll be jet-setting across the globe, thrilling audiences with my unmatched charisma and captivating performances. I am the Rolex-wearing, diamond-ring-wearing, kiss-stealing, wheeler-dealer, son-of-a-gun, and I'll continue proving time and time again that the Nature Boy still reigns supreme!

Whether you love me or hate me, you cannot deny the truth that Ric Flair is and forever will be the best wrestler in the world! Wooooo!

The show ends with Flair raising his arms in victory as the crowd cheers him on.

NWA POWER PREVIEW

THE CHAMP IS IN THE HOUSE

After another successful title defense on last week's NWA Power against the #1 contender, D-Lo Brown, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be back on the show, no doubt being ever so braggadocious. But what will be awaiting the NWA World Heavyweight Champion now? Who will be stepping up to the plate?

IN THE MEANTIME...

Despite suffering a crushing loss to the World champion last week, D-Lo Brown will already be back in the saddle as he'll face once again the man he first beat to secure his title shot against Ric Flair in "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton. Will history repeat itself?

ALSO IN ACTION

Brian Pillman vs Chavo Guerrero Jr

Lance Storm & Little Guido vs Doug Gilbert & Bobby Fulton

911 vs Spike Dudley

Crush, Kama Mustafa & Mr. Hughes vs Steve "Mongo" McMichael, Brad Armstrong & Ace Darling

And more!

OCTOBER 19TH, 1996

MAPLE SHADE, NJ

The show opens with Ric Flair making his way to the ring for his usual bragging :

**Ric Flair**: Woooo! You know, I've been in this business for 20 years, and I've seen them all come and go. I've faced the best of the best, and I've beaten them all. I'm the Nature Boy, the stylin', profilin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun! And I'm still the World Heavyweight Champion! Woooo!

There's no one in this locker room who can touch me. There's no one in this industry who can match me. There's no one in this world who can stop me. I'm Ric Flair, and I'm the man! Woooo!

However, Flair is interrupted by a familiar yet unwanted voice : Don Callis, newly appointed Executive Vice-President of the NWA by Dusty Rhodes, of all people.

**Don Callis**: Hold on a second, Flair. You're not the man. You're a dinosaur. You're a relic of the past. You're living on borrowed time. And your time is up.

You see, there's someone here who's been in this business as long as you have. Someone who's been waiting for his opportunity to shine. Someone who's not afraid of you or your reputation. Someone who's ready to take you down and take your place.

And that someone is... The Barbarian! Woooo!

**The Barbarian**: (grunts and snarls)

**Don Callis**: That's right, Flair. The Barbarian is here, and he's hungry for gold. He's hungry for glory. He's hungry for blood. And he's hungry for you.

You think you're the Nature Boy? Well, he's the Natural Disaster. You think you're the stylin' and profilin'? Well, he's the smashin' and bashin'. You think you're the limousine ridin' and jet flyin'? Well, he's the car crashin' and plane hijackin'. You think you're the kiss stealin' and wheelin' dealin'? Well, he's the face breakin' and bone shakin'. Woooo!

You see, Flair, you've never faced anyone like The Barbarian before. He's stronger than you. He's faster than you. He's tougher than you. He's meaner than you. And he's better than you.

So here's what we're gonna do, Flair. We're gonna challenge you to a match tonight. A non-title match, because we don't need your belt to prove our point. We just need your body to make our statement.

So what do you say, Flair? Do you have the guts to face The Barbarian? Or are you gonna run away like a coward? Woooo!.

Ric Flair : Buddy, you will likely live to regret those words. Maybe that new position of yours just got to your head but Naitch is gonna make sure he brings you back to Earth. See ya in the ring later, pal. WOOOOOOOOO!

(The segment ends with Flair jawjacking with Don Callis while The Barbarian stares a hole in Flair.)

Match #1 : Brian Pillman vs Chavo Guerrero Jr

Brian Pillman starts the match aggressively, capitalizing on his size and strength advantage. He delivers powerful strikes and executes impressive power moves, trying to dominate the younger Guerrero. However, Chavo Jr shows exceptional agility and resilience, countering many of Pillman's attacks, leaving him frustrated.

As the match progresses, Chavo Jr gains momentum, catching Pillman off guard with his excellent technical skills and high-flying maneuvers. Chavo starts hitting a series of lightning-fast aerial moves, leaving the crowd in awe. He combines his lucha libre background with clever mat-based wrestling, surprising Pillman at every turn.

Feeling the momentum shift, Chavo Jr grows more confident and starts to wear down Pillman with precision strikes and submission holds. Pillman appears exhausted and in pain, but his tenacity keeps him from giving up.

In a brilliant display of resilience and perseverance, Chavo Guerrero Jr hits his signature move, the "Gory Bomb," with pinpoint accuracy, leaving Pillman down and out. The crowd roars with excitement, anticipating the pinfall.

Chavo Jr quickly hooks Pillman's leg, and the referee counts to three, declaring Chavo Guerrero Jr the winner!

Chavo Guerrero Jr's arm is raised in triumph, and the crowd explodes with applause. Chavo Classic joins his son in the ring, and the two celebrate their hard-fought victory together. Brian Pillman, although disappointed, shows respect to his opponent and raises Chavo Jr's hand, acknowledging his skill and perseverance.

Chavo Guerrero Jr's victory over Brian Pillman becomes a memorable moment of triumph and a testament to his talent. The young wrestler proves his mettle against a seasoned competitor, leaving the audience in no doubt of his potential for a bright future in professional wrestling.

Winner : Chavo Guerrero Jr

Match #2 : Lance Storm & Little Guido vs Doug Gilbert & Bobby Fulton

The crowd buzzed with anticipation as the tag team match began. Lance Storm and Little Guido made their way to the ring first, oozing confidence. Doug Gilbert and Bobby Fulton followed, exuding a vast amount of experience.

The match started with Doug Gilbert and Lance Storm in the ring. Gilbert, the seasoned brawler, showcased his power, trying to overpower Storm. However, Storm's agility allowed him to dodge Gilbert's attacks, relying on his technical prowess.

After a grueling back-and-forth battle, Little Guido made the tag, entering the ring with fire in his eyes. Guido, a master of the Italian strong style, displayed his lightning-fast strikes and aerial maneuvers. Bobby Fulton, though seasoned, struggled to keep up with Guido's relentless offense.

The crowd erupted as Storm and Guido managed to isolate Fulton in their corner, double-teaming him with precision. In a breathtaking moment, Storm delivered his "Canadian Maple Leaf" submission hold, while Guido soared from the top rope, connecting with his "Sicilian Slice" diving headbutt on Fulton.

The referee counted "1… 2… 3!", declaring Lance Storm and Little Guido victorious in a hard-fought match.

As Storm and Guido celebrated their well-earned victory, the arena descended into darkness. The familiar theme music of Jacques Rougeau, a storied veteran, blared through the speakers. The crowd erupted with a mix of surprise and excitement.

*The camera then cuts to the backstage area, where Jacques Rougeau is standing with a microphone in his hand. He has a smug grin on his face, while Little Guido is lying on the floor behind him, clutching his ribs.*

Rougeau: Bonsoir, mes amis! Vous venez de voir ce que j’viens de faire à ce petit morveux de Guido! (Good evening, my friends! You just saw what I just did to that little punk Guido!)

*The crowd boos loudly.*

Rougeau: Oh, vous aimez pas ça? Vous aimez pas voir la vérité? La vérité, c'est que j’suis le meilleur lutteur de cette compagnie! Le meilleur lutteur du Québec! Le meilleur lutteur du monde! (Oh, you don't like that? You don't like to see the truth? The truth is that I am the best wrestler in this company! The best wrestler in Quebec! The best wrestler in the world!)

*The crowd boos even louder.*

Rougeau: Pis Guido, yé rien! C’est juste un imposteur! Y se fait appeler le Sicilian Shooter, mais y sait même pas tirer! Y se fait passer pour un Italien, mais y a même pas de sang italien dans les veines! Yé rien qu'un menteur, un tricheur, un lâche! (And Guido, he is nothing! He is just an impostor! He calls himself the Sicilian Shooter, but he doesn't even know how to shoot! He pretends to be an Italian, but he doesn't even have Italian blood in his veins! He is just a liar, a cheater, a coward!)

*The crowd chants "Guido! Guido!"*

Rougeau: Vous pouvez crier son nom autant que vous voulez, ça changera rien! Y peut pas me battre! Y peut pas me toucher! Y peut pas me faire mal! Y peut rien faire contre moi! Parce que j’suis Jacques Rougeau, le Fier Québécois, le Champion du Peuple, le Roi du Ring! (You can chant his name as much as you want, it won't change anything! He can't beat me! He can't touch me! He can't hurt me! He can't do anything against me! Because I am Jacques Rougeau, the Proud Quebecer, the People's Champion, the King of the Ring!)

*The crowd boos even more.*

Rougeau: Faque Guido, si t’as un peu de courage, si t’as un peu d'honneur, si t’as un peu de fierté, tu vas accepter mon défi. Tu vas m'affronter la semaine prochaine à NWA Power. Tu vas me regarder dans les yeux pis me dire que t’es prêt à te battre. Pis tu vas souffrir comme jamais t’as souffert. Tu vas pleurer comme un bébé. Tu vas supplier pour que j'arrête. Pis je vas te faire abandonner. J’vas te faire dire que j’suis le meilleur. J’vas te faire dire que t’es le pire. J’vas te faire dire que t’es mon esclave. Pis j’vas te faire dire... Vive le Québec libre! (So Guido, if you have a little courage, if you have a little honor, if you have a little pride, you will accept my challenge. You will face me next week on NWA Power. You will look me in the eyes and tell me that you are ready to fight. And you will suffer like never before. You will cry like a baby. You will beg for me to stop. And I will make you quit. I will make you say that I am the best. I will make you say that you are the worst. I will make you say that you are my slave. And I will make you say... Long live Quebec!).

Winners : Lance Storm & Little Guido

Match #3 : 911 vs Spike Dudley

The bell rings and the match begins. Spike tries to use his speed and agility to avoid 911’s power moves, but 911 catches him with a big boot to the face. He then picks him up and tosses him across the ring like a ragdoll. Spike rolls out of the ring to recover, but 911 follows him and slams him into the steel guardrail. He then grabs a steel chair from under the ring and smashes it over Spike’s head, busting him open.

911 drags Spike back into the ring and covers him for a pin, but Spike kicks out at two. 911 gets frustrated and lifts Spike up for a chokeslam, but Spike counters with a low blow. He then hits 911 with a dropkick that sends him staggering into the corner. Spike follows up with a series of punches and kicks, then climbs to the top rope and hits a diving crossbody on 911. He hooks the leg for a pin, but 911 powers out at one.

Spike realizes that he needs to do more damage to 911, so he rolls out of the ring and grabs a table from under the ring. He sets it up on the outside and then goes back into the ring. He tries to suplex 911 over the top rope and through the table, but 911 blocks it and reverses it into a suplex of his own. Spike lands hard on the mat and rolls out of the ring again.

911 follows him and grabs him by the throat. He lifts him up for another chokeslam, this time aiming for the table. However, as he is about to slam him down, Spike grabs a kendo stick from under the ring and hits 911 in the head with it. 911 drops Spike and staggers back, holding his head. Spike then hits him with another shot with the kendo stick, then another, then another, until 911 falls onto the table.

Spike sees an opportunity and climbs onto the apron. He then runs and jumps off, hitting a somersault senton on 911 that breaks the table in half. The crowd goes wild as Spike covers 911 for a pin on the broken table pieces. The referee counts one… two… but 911 kicks out at two and a half.

Spike can’t believe it and looks shocked. He gets up and looks around for another weapon. He sees a trash can full of weapons near the entrance ramp and runs towards it. He dumps out the contents of the trash can and finds a cheese grater, a fork, a pair of scissors, a stapler, and other assorted items. He picks up the cheese grater and runs back to 911.

He tries to grate 911’s face with the cheese grater, but 911 blocks it and punches Spike in the gut. He then grabs Spike by the hair and drags him towards the entrance ramp. He throws him into the trash can, then picks up the fork and stabs Spike in the forehead with it. Spike screams in pain and bleeds profusely.

911 then picks up Spike again and carries him up the ramp towards the backstage area. He slams him into various objects along the way, such as lockers, doors, tables, chairs, etc. He then reaches a car parked near an exit door. He opens the trunk of the car and throws Spike inside it.

He slams the trunk shut and locks it with his key. He then walks away from the car as if he has won the match. However, he hears some banging noises coming from inside the trunk. He turns around and sees that Spike has managed to break out of the trunk by kicking it open.

Spike crawls out of the trunk and staggers towards 911. He grabs a tire iron from under the car and swings it at 911’s head. 911 ducks under it and kicks Spike in the stomach. He then grabs Spike by the neck again and lifts him up for one final chokeslam.

He walks towards the exit door and chokeslams Spike through it, sending him crashing onto the concrete floor outside. He then covers Spike for the pin as the referee follows them and counts one… two… three.

The bell rings and 911 is declared the winner of the match. He gets up and raises his arms in victory as the crowd cheers him on. He then walks back to the ring and celebrates with Paul Heyman, who hugs him and raises his hand.

Spike Dudley is left lying on the floor outside, covered in blood and bruises. He is attended by medical personnel, who put him on a stretcher and take him to an ambulance. The crowd gives him a standing ovation for his valiant effort, but also chants "911" in respect for the victor.

Winner : 911

Match #4 : Bobby Eaton vs D-Lo Brown

The match lasted about six minutes, with Eaton using his technical skills and experience to counter D-Lo’s power and agility. Eaton hit some of his signature moves, such as the Alabama Jam (a top rope leg drop) and the neckbreaker, but D-Lo kicked out of every pin attempt. D-Lo also showed some offense, hitting a running powerbomb and a frog splash, but Eaton also managed to kick out.

The finish came when Eaton went for another Alabama Jam, but Faarooq pushed him off the top rope behind the referee’s back. D-Lo then capitalized on the opportunity and hit Eaton with his finisher, the Lo Down (a diving leg drop), and pinned him for the win. After the match, the Nation of Domination continued to beat down Eaton until Arn Anderson came out with a steel chair and chased them away.

Winner : D-Lo Brown

Match #5 : Crush, Kama Mustafa & Mr. Hughes vs Steve « Mongo » McMichael, Brad Armstrong & Ace Darling

The match starts with Crush and McMichael locking up in the center of the ring. Crush overpowers McMichael and pushes him into the corner, where he delivers some punches and chops. McMichael fights back with some kicks and elbows, then tags in Armstrong. Armstrong hits Crush with a dropkick, then a flying forearm. He goes for the cover, but Crush kicks out at two. Armstrong tags in Darling, who climbs to the top rope and hits a crossbody on Crush. He also goes for the pin, but Crush powers out again. Darling tries to keep Crush grounded with a headlock, but Crush lifts him up and slams him down. Crush tags in Kama Mustafa, who stomps on Darling and whips him into the ropes. Kama catches Darling with a big boot, then a leg drop. He covers Darling, but Armstrong breaks up the pin. Kama tags in Mr. Hughes, who continues to assault Darling with punches and kicks. He whips Darling into the corner and charges at him, but Darling moves out of the way and Hughes hits the turnbuckle. Darling crawls to his corner and tags in McMichael, who comes in with a clothesline on Hughes. He follows up with a shoulder block, then a scoop slam. He signals for his finisher, the Tombstone Piledriver, but Kama and Crush enter the ring and attack him from behind. Armstrong and Darling also join the fray and a brawl ensues between the six men.

The referee tries to restore order, but fails to notice that Kama has grabbed a steel chair from under the ring. He sneaks behind McMichael and swings the chair at his head, but McMichael ducks and Kama hits Hughes instead. McMichael takes advantage of the situation and hits Kama with the Tombstone Piledriver. He covers Kama and gets the three count as Patrick turns around and makes the count.

The bell rings and McMichael’s team is declared the winner. They celebrate in the ring as Kama’s team retreats to the back, holding their heads in pain.

Winners : Steve McMichael, Brad Armstrong & Ace Darling

Match #6 : Ric Flair vs The Barbarian

The match begins with Flair trying to avoid The Barbarian’s power moves and using his speed and technical skills to wear him down. He chops and punches The Barbarian in the corner, then whips him to the opposite corner and follows with a running clothesline. He tries to pin him, but The Barbarian kicks out at one. Flair then applies a sleeper hold, but The Barbarian breaks free and hits Flair with a headbutt. He then picks up Flair and slams him to the mat, followed by a leg drop. He covers Flair, but Flair gets his foot on the rope.

The Barbarian continues his assault, hitting Flair with a suplex, a backbreaker, and a big boot. He goes for another leg drop, but Flair moves out of the way and rolls up The Barbarian for a near fall. Flair then goes for his signature move, the figure-four leglock, but The Barbarian kicks him off and sends him to the outside. Flair lands near the announce table, where Don Callis taunts him and says that he is going to eventually ose his title.

Flair gets back in the ring, but The Barbarian greets him with a clothesline that knocks him down again. The Barbarian then climbs to the top rope and signals for his finishing move, the diving headbutt. He leaps off the rope, but Flair rolls out of the way at the last second and The Barbarian crashes to the mat. Flair sees an opening and quickly covers The Barbarian for the pin, but Don Callis distracts the referee and prevents him from counting.

Flair gets up and argues with Callis, then pushes him off the apron. He turns around and sees Rob Van Dam holding a steel chair. He tries to grab it from him, but Van Dam swings it at Flair’s head. Flair ducks and Van Dam hits The Barbarian instead, knocking him out cold. Flair takes advantage of the situation and pins The Barbarian for the win.

However, before the referee can count to three, he is pulled out of the ring by Brian Pillman. He attacks Flair and throws him back in the ring, where The Barbarian is still unconscious. He then puts The Barbarian’s arm over Flair’s chest and tell the referee to count. The referee reluctantly gets in the ring and counts to three, declaring The Barbarian as the winner.

As the show comes to a close, we see a shot of Flair looking frustrated in the ring while the Barbarian celebrates on the outside.

Winner : The Barbarian

The hell was Dusty thinking giving Don Callis the VP role?

So Guido was in the ring when the lights went out but by the time they came back on Rougeau dragged him backstage? Still a strong debut for the Quebecer.

911 proving far more versatile than I ever saw in his ECW clips.

Faarooq gives D-Lo a helping hand.

A goof by Kama allows Mongo to bring home the win.

The Barbarian scores perhaps the biggest win of his career... albiet with a little help from Pillman.