Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Vengeance Day 2024: Ilja vs. Trick, Dusty Finals

C.S.

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

I BET CHRISTIAN AND MAURO BOTH KNEW ABOUT VINCE McMAHON'S SEXUAL EXPLOITS AND THAT'S WHY THEY WERE FORCED OUT OF THE WWE!

GO TO HELL! STRAIGHT TO THE FIERY DEPTHS OF HELL!!!

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

In all seriousness, El-P ain't wrong. I know we're all about the rasslin' but it's really hard to just gloss over & ignore what's going on in the world of WWE/TKO right now. Hell, even all the Twitter/X #WeWantCody shit with the official WWE account constantly reposting shit to bait people into arguing about Cody/Rock in the comments feels like they're purposefully trying to distract people into something else; to draw attention away from the lawsuit & allegations. Let's look outside the bubble at real life: Cody Rhodes is a fucking millionaire, he's gonna be alright regardless of if his worked match goes on last or not. Can we get some justice for the woman that was gang raped at WWE offices?

Okay, while I agree with everything you wrote, it has nothing whatsoever to do with El-P's criticism of a random NXT video with a Japanese proverb. Seeing the Vince situation in that is a massive stretch and overreaction IMO.

40 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Seeing the Vince situation in that is a massive stretch and overreaction IMO.

You're still wrong. Again : people not seeing it is a reflection on them, not me. WWE deserves its audience.

And yeah, everything @Coffey said. WWE is very cynically using their booking nonsense to try and make people forget about what should be the most traumatic and important story in contemporary (read, the last 40 years) pro-wrestling. People are more concerned about their odd-ass parasocial fantasies than with real life issues.

I can see how one can look at the vignette and get reminded of Vince, but at the same time, wouldn't the fact that this vignette even made the air amidst the most turbulent time in company history indicate that more than enough people do NOT make that connection? Like, you'd think it would follow some booking decisions and go out of its way to make people avoid going "Oh, that is JUST LIKE VINCE!"

It's a Japanese proverb that has nothing to do with Vince. 

But if it makes El-P feel better to white knight and act like he's "above" WWE's audience, so be it.

If he wants to say he's above all the Vincels who are defending Vince and shaming his victim, absolutely, I agree with him and agree he is above them. But don't paint everyone else who watches with the same brush. 

I do agree with Coffey, though, that all of this Rock nonsense is a purposeful distraction tactic. However, people can be bothered by more than one thing and bothered to different degrees about each. There are even a couple of (now deleted) Sami Zayn tweets about exactly that.

47 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I can see how one can look at the vignette and get reminded of Vince, but at the same time, wouldn't the fact that this vignette even made the air amidst the most turbulent time in company history indicate that more than enough people do NOT make that connection? 

Sure. Which, again, is very telling.

35 minutes ago, C.S. said:

It's a Japanese proverb that has nothing to do with Vince. 

But if it makes El-P feel better to white knight and act like he's "above" WWE's audience, so be it.

White knight my ass. And yeah. The WWE audience is people chanting "Thank you Vince !" in unison the first time he was kicked out.
Also, I don't "feel better" about anything relating to this. But since you apparently can't get over the fact this video made me think of Vince and you have to state over and over and over again that it's "overreacting", well, allow me to lack nuance about it when I reply to something I moved on from hours ago already. 

Again, this is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

8 minutes ago, El-P said:

The WWE audience is people chanting "Thank you Vince !" in unison the first time he was kicked out.

Agreed, but they're also me (casually), Kawada Smile, and others who don't do any of shit.

Am I taking it personally?

No, not at all.

I'm just saying.

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

But since you apparently can't get over the fact this video made me think of Vince and you have to state over and over and over again that it's "overreacting", well, allow me to lack nuance about it when I reply to something I moved on from hours ago already. 

Actually, I was responding to Coffey's post going on a tangent that had nothing to do with what you said, even though he mentioned you, which is the only reason I also mentioned you again. I generally agreed with Coffey's post though.

10 minutes ago, El-P said:

Again, this is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed again.

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Agreed, but they're also me (casually), Kawada Smile, and others who don't do any of shit.

Am I taking it personally?

No, not at all.

I'm just saying.

You have to know I'm not referring to anyone on this board when it comes down to this. #NotAllWWEFan. Ok ? Fine ?

Honestly, I'm just pissed to no end. It comes at a time I'm already vastly disinvested from what I watch (despite AEW doing lots of cool thing right now, I've been watching out of habits more than anything else lately, not to mention the other stuff I used to follow), and this entire thing leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Telling of what exactly? That they don't give a shit? Possibly they don't, but then wouldn't that contradict other things they have done that in fact indicate they are worried?

That they are in the bubble. Like Levesque who "did not read the lawsuit" but still had the reflex of making fun of the Forbidden Door name during the press conference. Like, how far up your own ass must you be to ignore real life to that kinda degree and only think "pro-rasslin" ?

1 minute ago, El-P said:

That they are in the bubble. Like Levesque who "did not read the lawsuit" but still had the reflex of making fun of the Forbidden Door name during the press conference. Like, how far up your own ass must you be to ignore real life to that kinda degree ?

I think some things come across as such, yeah. Vignettes, "whoop that trick" chants and the like are more accidental than anything. Triple H's answer, on the other hand, is both an answer that falls in line with what you are talking about, about bubble thinking and a "we can get away with this" mentality, but to me it's a bit of him not trying to implicate himself or someone else with a more thoughtful response. Maybe he should have gone the "We are aware of the lawsuit and we are looking into it" route, but I imagine a hot seat can make you say dumb shit.

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

"whoop that trick" chants 

Jeez, I wasn't even aware of that. :lol: (this is a nervous laugh, ok ?)

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

and the like are more accidental than anything. 

I'm sure they are.

Agree about Levesque. And it came off really bad.

34 minutes ago, El-P said:

You have to know I'm not referring to anyone on this board when it comes down to this. #NotAllWWEFan. Ok ? Fine ?

Honestly, I'm just pissed to no end. It comes at a time I'm already vastly disinvested from what I watch (despite AEW doing lots of cool thing right now, I've been watching out of habits more than anything else lately, not to mention the other stuff I used to follow), and this entire thing leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. 

Obviously this Vince news is more than enough by itself to get anyone feeling very sad and angry, but is there anything else going on with you? I hope everything is okay.

36 minutes ago, El-P said:

That they are in the bubble. Like Levesque who "did not read the lawsuit" but still had the reflex of making fun of the Forbidden Door name during the press conference. Like, how far up your own ass must you be to ignore real life to that kinda degree and only think "pro-rasslin" ?

Triple H is King Bubble and always has been. Even has the throne and everything. I think it was Batista's book that mentioned a famous sports star being invited backstage, and Trips (and maybe Steph) having no idea who it was.

12 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Obviously this Vince news is more than enough by itself to get anyone feeling very sad and angry, but is there anything else going on with you? I hope everything is okay.

Thanks for the concern, man. I'm doing fine. My pro-wrestling fandom though ? Not doing that great. And it's not even a testament to what I think about the quality of it. There's plenty of great wrestling out there. But... Yeah. Very angry indeed.

33 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Triple H is King Bubble and always has been. Even has the throne and everything. I think it was Batista's book that mentioned a famous sports star being invited backstage, and Trips (and maybe Steph) having no idea who it was.

HHH told the story himself in his book Making the Game. As he tells it, Dan Marino was backstage one night and he had no idea who he was.

29 minutes ago, El-P said:

Thanks for the concern, man. I'm doing fine. My pro-wrestling fandom though ? Not doing that great. And it's not even a testament to what I think about the quality of it. There's plenty of great wrestling out there. But... Yeah. Very angry indeed.

Just the overwhelming feeling that it's a diseased and corrupt industry to its very core? Vince, the alleged Jericho/Kylie Rae issue and TK's possible involvement in covering it up, #SpeakingOut, Ashley Massaro, and who knows what else... Yeah, it's a cesspool. :( 

6 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

HHH told the story himself in his book Making the Game. As he tells it, Dan Marino was backstage one night and he had no idea who he was.

FFS, even *I* know who Dan Marino is, and I couldn't give two fucks about football. :lol:

With that said, I was under the impression that Making the Game was a boring workout book/bodybuilding manual, so that definitely isn't where I heard this story.