Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber: While You Were Sleeping

NintendoLogic

I guess no one stayed up to create a thread for this (myself included). I checked out the women's title match after the fact, and it was probably as good as a Nia Jax match can possibly be. Also, Seth/Drew and Rhea/Becky are now official for Wrestlemania. And Cody challenged Rock to a one-on-one match. So there you go.

I watched it this morning. I literally skipped everything in between both Chamber matches because it all just felt like filler to me. The Women's Chamber was pretty good. Tiffany Stratton looked great. She's going to be a big star. I have no idea why Raquel Rodriguez was in the match over someone like, say Jade Cargill? I'm guessing maybe just because they don't want to beat Jade yet but all of her momentum from the Royal Rumble is just dissipating by keeping her off TV imo. Naomi, to me, has looked really sloppy since returning to WWE. Kinda feel like everyone knew who was winning so there wasn't a lot of mystique to the match but it was still fun. Better than the men's Chamber, I would say. Although the men's Chamber did have a couple cool things about it. One of which I had to clip.  

I watched the women's match (at 11 AM here), thought Naomi looked like shit (as in completely washed up), the rest looked fine (though Tiffany Stratton almost killed herself on that swandive senton, her head was probably cms above the ground). I got bored during the long break after the match and switched off.

This was the ultimate filler show.

I skipped the pre-show Women's Tag Team Title match because who cares?

I watched Women's Chamber.

Skipped Men's Tag Titles because the result was a foregone conclusion. Good rasslin' means jack shit if I'm not invested in the story. 

The Cody segment went on way too fucking long, wasn't very good for large stretches, and he still hasn't addressed why he stepped out of the WrestleMania main event and then back in again. 

I started Men's Chamber, got restless, skipped to the end. Did I miss anything? I doubt it. Happy Drew won though.

I skipped Rhea vs. Nia entirely, which is the definition of a nothing match, but I'm happy Rhea got to main event in her home country.

Bronson Reed should request his release immediately. No room for an entertaining "hometown" hoss on a show that would have sorely benefited from his presence? Come on... No, the pregnant wife newz has nothing to do with anything. That's all bullshit.

5 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

Reed himself claims he missed the show because his wife gave birth. 

That's not what he said before though.

6 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

And SRS reports

My inclination is to immediately take this with a grain of salt, but damn, Rollins vs. Reed would've been a banger - especially in Australia - even if the result was never in doubt.

I don’t know that I have ever seen a PLE with less buzz. WWE should be kissing Aussies’ feet for such a big turnout given how heatless the whole thing really was. How locking in Becky vs Rhea and Drew vs Rollins had no heat I don’t know, but chamber matches as a concept are just totally washed imo. Logan Paul breaking the seal of getting heat by writing shit talk on the chamber wall is probably this show’s historical contribution, tbh. How that only happened near the end of the Chamber as a saleable concept is beyond me, it’s brilliant.

Saw this live and despite my low expectations, it was a fun time with the whole live crowd experience. Chamber matches are what they are - cool concept in the moment and rarely hold up - although Orton's selling performance alone had me hooked with the men's match. Lucky Seth to being returning to action early and not having to face someone who's actually good at selling his back.

Rhea/Nia might be the shortest PLE main event in a long time and while that does leave a bad taste in my mouth, I wouldn't want this pairing to go over 15min. 

I despised everyone involved in Grayson's segment and felt like the only one who wasn't a fan of all four guys. Ah well.