Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/27 - 06/02 Jaylen "The Lariat" Brown

NintendoLogic

So last night was the last match on Becky's contract and she's expected to take some time off. Probably won't happen but it would be funny if TK made her a big money offer to jump ship.

12 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Ethan Page also made his NXT debut. Cool for him? He's very much in that Solomon Crowe//EC3 category for me.

No way, Bubba!

Far more interesting with way more upside than those two clowns.

I'm not saying Ethan Page is the next WWE Undisputed Universal Heavyweight Champion, but he's better than he was used in AEW - like most people there. (Even those who are used "well" in AEW aren't used well. "Swerve" Strickland, anyone? And I'm hardly a Swerve fan! I'll die on the hill that Top Dolla, with time and seasoning, has way more upside.)

I'm not saying I'm not glad to see someone still getting work, but Ethan Page to me seems like he topped out in TNA.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

(Even those who are used "well" in AEW aren't used well. "Swerve" Strickland, anyone? And I'm hardly a Swerve fan! I'll die on the hill that Top Dolla, with time and seasoning, has way more upside.)

This is quite the wild take considering Swerve is currently the world champ in AEW and last I saw Top Dolla he was trying to remain relevant on the indies.

20 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm not saying I'm not glad to see someone still getting work, but Ethan Page to me seems like he topped out in TNA.

This is quite the wild take considering Swerve is currently the world champ in AEW and last I saw Top Dolla he was trying to remain relevant on the indies.

Swerve is the World Champ but a supporting character and afterthought on his own show. That's what I meant.

Top Dolla is doing well in TNA, from what I understand, and even has a title there. Obviously they're not at the same level now, but with time and seasoning, he has more potential upside IMO. We'll see how that shakes out. He may never improve, etc. 

Ethan Page is someone I think can do better than he has. As usual with AEW, his was not used anywhere near to whatever his maximum potential is. I'm not saying World Champion (well, maybe ROH or NXT), but someone who can be a valued player. 

I really like where this whole Chad Gable thing is going, but let's hope that Otis and Tozawa do get some revenge on him, if it's just them getting fired and then the Creeds join Alpha Academy and destroy them, it kind of makes them look like nothing but the losers that Chad's been calling them (I do want the Creeds in Alpha Academy, but not until after Otis and Tozawa take out Gable).

The crowds are begging for Otis to beat Gable's ass, they're building it up to be a huge moment. After Raw I was thinking how Otis and Sami would be the most babyface team of all time and I kind of want to see it at least once.   Plus I could see Otis becoming a big star just by how much charisma he has and how the crowd gets behind him.

52 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Jake Hager and AEW mutually agreed to part ways after his contract expired. 

That guy basically robbed Tony Khan for five years. He essentially got paid what was reportedly an exorbitant amount of money for standing behind Chris Jericho and making stupid faces. The guy rarely worked and when he did, it sucked. What a waste of space.

It's hard to dispute this when just about every metric related to fans spending money on the product is setting records. Cody also has the advantage of not being turned on by a significant percentage of the fanbase. It remains to be seen whether he has the longevity, but his success in the short term can't be denied.