Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #8

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Jeff Jarrett

People crap on him needlessly; he was an excellent worker who was almost always stuck with slugs. He didn't get over at the level a top guy requires, but he was a very good midcarder, and had a good schtick. JBL's peak is higher simply because of Eddy Guerrero and the fact that he wore the title and managed to get over as a main eventer, but Jarrett had a more consistent WWF career overall.

Jeff Jarrett

I'm biting the bullet here. I almost took JBL, just because Eddy/JBL is still in my head, plus I really like JBL's promos. However, as a career as a whole, Jarrett has done consistently better, with all the Intercontinental title reigns.

John Bradshaw Layfield

Jarrett was not the most inspiring wrestler, and his WWE career was relatively short. Bradshaw has been in the company nearly ten full years at this point, starting off as Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw, to Blackjack Bradshaw, then just Bradshaw, and now JBL. I like his new character, and I think he's just now getting his due. And to be fair, I was not high on him getting that push.

If you watch the Honky Tokn Man shoot interview, you get a different perspective on Jeff Jarrett. It took a storage room full of plunder in order to get Jarrett over and I think he is horribly overrated. Then, we have JBL. I am going to go out on a limb here and vote for ...

JBL

...simply because JBL-Eddie was NOT a one-man carry job and entertained me more than 50 Jarrett matches combined.

Guest Mac
Jarrett. He's had far better matches than BRADSHAW. One exception being Eddie/JBL but everyone has good matches with Guerrero.

Guest The Man in Blak

JBL

I feel like I need to wash my keyboard now. Once again, it's all in the framing of the question - is Jarrett a better wrestler than Bradshaw? Yeah. Is Jarrett a better interview than Bradshaw? Yeah, probably. But not in the WWF, especially with Jarrett's WWE career being abysmal. So he had a good match with Shawn Michaels - Bradshaw's career as a singles wrestler has been more distinguished and, as much as it pains me to say, but he had a pretty big impact on the tag team scene with APA as well.

JBL.

You can't count Jarrett's IC titles as any indication of anything since he had them during Russomania when everyone got to hold the belt.

Jarrett deserves the thrashing he gets, he's horribly bland and overrated, he only got real heat when his gimmick was abusing women. He only has a career still because he has a stranglehold on the NWA title thanks to the Bookerdaddy of TNA.

JBL on the other hand was not only a force in the tag ranks, he's really improved his workrate and promo skills in his main event run. Yes he still has a way to go, but to suggest he's still the worker he was a couple years ago is Keithian in its absurdity.

Guest Alfdogg

JBL

Unfortunate that it took until the end of his title reign and the realization that John Fucking Cena would be the guy to take it off of him for most people to get behind the guy. I've loved every minute I've seen of the JBL character, and I've never even seen the oft-mentioned bullrope match. The same can not be said for Jarrett, who has 6 more I-C titles under his belt than he would have had he not had Russo campaigning feverently for him.

Everyone seems to be forgetting Jeff Jarrett's run from 1994-1996, which is when the good stuff actually happened. I watched a match with Ramon from Royal Rumble '95 last night that I didn't expect to love so much, but I did. I'll review it later. He held the IC title long before Russo ever started booking. His second run was crap, and I agree with that, but the first time around, I really enjoyed his whole act.

Everyone seems to be forgetting Jeff Jarrett's run from 1994-1996, which is when the good stuff actually happened. I watched a match with Ramon from Royal Rumble '95 last night that I didn't expect to love so much, but I did. I'll review it later. He held the IC title long before Russo ever started booking. His second run was crap, and I agree with that, but the first time around, I really enjoyed his whole act.

Sadly, and this is pointed out in the Honky Tonk Man shoot, Jarrett's entire gimmick from '94-'96 was based on the Honky Tonk Man. When Honky smashed guitars over your head, it was new. When Honky sang a stupid song, at least it was him. Jarrett, on the other hand, was really embarassing at this point in time.

Guest KingPK

JBL.

I'm giving him the nod for completely shedding his "drunken Texan" gimmick and successfully building himself up from scratch into a respectable upper card wrestler. Jarrett's managers/valets seemed to get more over than him (ex: Road Dogg and Debra), and I can't really say that Jarrett had any real "great" matches while in the company.

Guest rob

Jeff Jarrett. I always thought he was one of the best mid-card heels in the WWF at the time and his time with the IC title led to memorable bouts with Hall, HBK, and Waltman.

Guest teke184

J-E-Double F J-A-Double R-E-Double T

Both these guys are fucking losers, but Jarrett at least fit in the midcard at some point as a singles guy. Bradshaw doesn't belong on the card as a single yet he held a world title for a friggin' year.

Guest Some Guy

JBL. I voted for him if for no over reason that his pinacle being higher than JJ's. JBL/Eddy is awesome and I've yet to see JJ/HBK so JBL wins by default.