Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #9

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Marty Jannetty

Had a great run with Shawn Michaels in the Rockers and had some very good matches as a singles wrestler as well. HTM was the bigger draw, no question, but since this is a fantasy tournament, I say let the most talented wrestlers shine for once.

Honky Tonk Man

Besides the Ring Crew Express, I don't think Jannetty's legacy will hold up. I think, even though his ring work isn't that sharp, Honky Tonk Man had more impact, drew more money, better interview, blah blah blah.

As the results of the Piper-Jericho matchup showed, this is't about who was the better worker, it is about he impact of a particular wrestler... I guess.

The only problem with voting on work is that I have not seen enough Honky Tonk Man matches... at house shows, Coliseum videos, that I remember from TV as a kid, to really vote on HTM's work. I am just taking for granted the standard that HTM was a crappy worker. I may have to hunt down some stuff to make that determination myself.

Honky Tonk Man

His gimmick is good enough that it still draws on house shows. Jannetty was a fine worker, but outside of a few matches with Shawn in '93, he never had any real success as a solo.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Honky Tonk Man

HTM's WWF legacy will live on long after people have forgotten who Marty was.

Guest The Man in Blak

Marty Jannetty

Much better in-ring worker, who contributed in singles as well as tags, albeit in truncated stints with the company.

Guest KingPK

Jannetty

I also want the better worker to get the nod here. His match with Angle a few months ago, though not as good as I first thought upon recent viewings, showed that he's still got it.

Guest Bruiser Chong

HTM.

Jannetty was easily a better athlete and wrestler, but aside from his time with the Rockers, his WWF years were a disaster. He never got things together and when you think of Jannetty, "wasted potential" is a phrase most likely to come to mind.

Honky was essentially of no use post-IC title days, but my god, WWE wishes they could get a heel that much legit heat without stooping to cheap levels.

Guest teke184

Honky Tonk Man.

Jannetty was good whenever he had Shawn Michaels pulling him around, but so did a drugged-up Scott Hall.

HTM got tremendously over as a heel and ran with it. While he may have not been a better worker, he was certainly more consistant in that he wasn't ever obviously messed up on something in a match.